Stallion's Fitness Journal

JohnnyIrish

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sounds like a good time was had. Welcome back buddy. :)

Quagmire911

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Back in black-good song.

Are you saying that I am a drunk or angry? The answer is I am an angry drunk:p

Good to see you back, looks like you had some fun. I know what you mean with the junk food. Whenever I crave it I just pig out on it (like the last few weeks-oops) and it gets to the stage where I don't want it anymore. Unfortunately I usually put on a few lbs in the process :D

Btw, is that creatine monohydrate or ethyle ester? And are you on zinc and magnesium?

And I hope to f******* god that those squats are varied intensity. I do enjoy a set of 20, but three times a week at full intensity...f*** that :nervous:

Good luck!

Ps-I hope you digest milk well. If not you could consider a digestion supp with lactase in it, such as:

http://www.nowfoods.com/index.php?action=itemdetail&item_id=11553

I-tallionStallion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ACDC rocks :rockon:

I pigged out majorly haha although i don't think I got too fat from it, maybe a pound :D

I'm using ethyle ester (CEE). And i take Centrum multivitamins and they have zinc and magnesium.

As far as I know there is no varied intensity. And I must add 5 pounds each time...which is LAME! It's going to be really intense...I'm not looking forward to it but I'm going to give it my all.

So far so good with the half gallon of milk today...I guess we will see. Thanks for the link you angry drunk! :)

---------------

AHHHH! Super Squats has got to be one of the most intense routines I've ever done. Needless to say I stumbled out the gym today sore and in pain

MONDAY-

1x20 Squats --1x17F 185 lbs - yeah....a little too much weight :cuss: :cuss: couldn't get up on the 18th rep

DB Pullovers
1x20 - 30 lbs - felt good...pretty tough but not horrible.

Super set 3x ==all were to failure

Dips /bw\
1x4 1x7 1x6

Pullups /bw\
1x3 1x4 1x3

Decline situps /bw\
1x23 1x29 1x30

I am not looking forward to six weeks of this but I'm not giving up. That's for sure! Til thursday....:yawn:

Quagmire911

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I-tallionStallion said:
couldn't get up on the 18th rep
It's ok...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFuuHPkORsA

How much zinc and magnesium is in the multi? And be wary, Simon made a post in Johhny's thread stating that the types of zinc and magnesium in a multi are s***.

I have also read some articles over the weekend that have said ethyl ester is s***. Still doing some reading though.

And how strange. My best 20 repper was 185-190 for 20 I believe, why can't I squat 300+ :mad:

Good luck with the routine, I pity you...(not) :D

I-tallionStallion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ha......ha........ha...your so funny :roll eyes:

Thanks for the link lol I did enjoy tho

well it was my first day back so don't get to excited there chum, plus I have a slight sore throat so maybe my CNS is off :)

Zinc is 11mg
magneseum was at 100mg

Well EFFORT told me to take it...and mono in NoExplode does some fvcked up $hit to my stomach and makes for some weird bathroom visits. Want to know the details??? I didn't think so.

jahidi

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
hahaha Quag... it's too bad Stallion can't last longer at his age, but then again I can't knock on the monster with the 400+ deadlift.:p

Anyway it's nice to see you back lifting the heavy metal as you like to say. Hope you had a good holiday.

Quagmire911

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I know Alex recommened ethyl ester as well, and so does IA. That is why I am taking my time over the research.

I am on 30mg zinc a day and 500mg magnesium and feel better for it. I am pretty sure IA recommends 3x RDA for both. As I said in Johnny's log, most people are deficient and Poliquin says that almost all athletes are deficient. Something to think about. The good thing is that a 6month supply should be under $10.

Are those legs feeling bad?...I bet when you walk you look like Derek Vinyard in American History X :D

EDIT-So as to save a post:

If you want to do the test Simon talks about type zinc tally into google. Here is a good article on it from IA's:

http://www.ironaddicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10606

PS-Thanks Simon, ordering Zincatest as I write this! Thanks also for the bit on the creatine.

PPS-Hows the calf? Did you do any foam rolling?

Last edited:

simon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you can get hold of some zinc sulphate somehow, you can make up a solution for testing zinc deficiency. Couldn't find any in shops so I 'borrowed' a few grams from my old laboratory. Otherwise I think there is a pre-made solution you can buy online; Zincatest is one available in the UK, not sure about US.

The ethyl ester thing is a bit of a grey area. The study showing CEE to be unstable in the stomach was done in vitro, which cannot be used to draw conclusions for in vivo behaviour. The study shows that 60 - 70% of CEE remains after half an hour in lab conditions designed to mimic actual stomach conditions. On an empty stomach, I can feel from the tingling that beta-alanine is absorbed after about 10 minutes. If the CEE is absorbed as quickly I see no reason why its 'instability' in the stomach should be a problem.

And also...the research was carried out by a Doctor who used to own a supplement company and is currently on the advisory board for CR-Technologies which markets enteric coated creatine monohydrate capsules.

I-tallionStallion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes, I am walking like derek thank you. I'm not pleasant today, I couldn't even do my morning walking cause of the pain, much less the backpacking with 45 lbs on my back. I would have fell over on the street lol.

So what are these benefits for zinc and mag. Cause I take enough pills for my liking already.

CEE is very cheap, although somehow mine got stale recently after 4 months. Very annoying. I've noticed a difference when using CEE and I will continue to take it for now. Thanks very much for the study Simon and I'll eventually do a zinc test on myself. I'll do some more research on it but honestly I'm more worried about getting all my meals at the moment.

My calf is still hurting somewhat, my gf massaged over vacation and said it felt tight and like it had a knot in it.....I ordered a foam roller so I await it. thanks for the advice on it quag...I hope it heals soon.

Quagmire911

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Zinc and magnesium are very important to proper bodily function. Doing a zinc test will determine if the zinc levels are ok and whether or not you need to supplement.

Sorry to hear about the calf, hope it is better soon.

And I have been on 30-40 pills a day at one point :)

I-tallionStallion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
THURSDAY- I was dreading going in, but once I got into the flow...it wasn't too bad

1x20 Squats --1x20F 170 lbs - yeah....way too easy. I figured once I got my legs going this would be but I had to make sure y'know? Will probably go to 180 next monday

DB Pullovers
1x20 - 35 lbs - Felt awful, my abs are still in extreme pain from Monday

Dips /bw\
1x6 1x11 1x12 PR - 29 reps total

Pullups /bw\
1x5 1x4 1x2 PR - 11 reps total

Decline situps /bw\
1x20 1x28 1x17 - 65 reps total - was very sore...hard to PR on this today

I feel a bit stronger now on some of the exercises. I don't know how I doubled my strength on the dips so fast but I am going to double check and make sure my form is good. Other than that a good thursday night for sure ;)

Also wanted to say my calf was fine this workout...hopefully it stays that way.

I-tallionStallion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Quagmire911 said:
Zinc and magnesium are very important to proper bodily function. Doing a zinc test will determine if the zinc levels are ok and whether or not you need to supplement.

Sorry to hear about the calf, hope it is better soon.

And I have been on 30-40 pills a day at one point :)
Thats way too many pills for my liking haha. Alright I did some research and I may invest in the future but as of right now I don't care :p

EFFORT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
do 175 next time and keep adding 5 more lbs per workout

yungahdubz

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Are you on squats and milk?

I-tallionStallion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
EFFORT said:
do 175 next time and keep adding 5 more lbs per workout
:woo:

Fineeeeeee.............

Yeah, I'm doing squats and milk ;)

yungahdubz

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Cool.

I've plateaued horrendusly on 5x5, only thing that seems to be gaining are the box pistols, but that's no surprise considering how long I've been doing them.

Might try going for a new routine in a while if I don't break out the plateau soon.

Squats + Milk seems really fun to me, so thats probably what I'll do next, tell me how you find it :D .

I-tallionStallion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
MONDAY

1x20 Squats --1x20PR 175 lbs - tough but overall I felt good. I'm still waiting for my foam roller and my calf starting burning up during the squats.....dammit :cuss:

DB Pullovers
1x20 - 40 lbs - felt awesome...was difficult

Dips /bw\
1x7 1x10 1x7 - 24 reps - lost 3 reps here....but i was exceptionally tired this workout.

Pullups /bw\
1x5 1x4 1x4 PR - 13 reps total

Decline situps /bw\
1x30 1x35 1x35 - 100 reps total PR added 35 reps this time...oh yeah!

Killer workout...but I can't wait till wednesday. Diet has been perfecto. I'll be trying a tuna shake tonight instead of eating it as I'm sick of tuna. I've heard if you mix it with diet coke or orange juice it's not too bad....here is a good site on recipes - http://www.deepsquatter.com/shake.htm wish me luck cause I might just throw up haha :cool:

yungahdubz

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
How come your adding 5lbs to the Pullovers each time?

"Right after the squats while you are still out of breath, grab a light barbell (i.e. 25 lbs.) and do pull overs while lying on a flat bench. Take a deep breath in between each rep and really feel the stretch in the rib cage as you do the exercise. Do 1 set of 20 rep pull overs with 25 lbs. Keep using 25 lbs. for the pull overs as this exercise is just for stretching the rib cage. "