Splitting the bill on the first date

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zimbabwe

Banned
Reaction score
These are deranged comparisons. If you want to be a cheap fvck that’s on you but don’t act like it’s the norm or tradition. Being cheap is classless. Always has been always will be.
So if a woman doesn't pay she isn't considered "cheap" according to you? If we still lived in the early 20th century, where women could not work yes men should pay. We are now in the 21st century, women cannot have their cake and eat it too.

You want to talk about traditions? Remind me how many women perform basic adult tasks like cooking and cleaning for their man?

Willie Naylor

Banned
Reaction score
The person who does the inviting, does the paying. Period.

Willie Naylor

Banned
Reaction score
So if a woman doesn't pay she isn't considered "cheap" according to you? If we still lived in the early 20th century, where women could not work yes men should pay.

You want to talk about traditions? Remind me how many women perform basic adult tasks like cooking and cleaning for their man?
Why do some of you insist on 'going back in history' when talking about a topic here?

Just enjoy life - and accept the fact that a man pays for dinner on a 1st date. Absolutely no need to get historical on a brotha.

Zimbabwe

Banned
Reaction score
Why do some of you insist on 'going back in history' when talking about a topic here?

Just enjoy life - and accept the fact that a man pays for dinner on a 1st date. Absolutely no need to get historical on a brotha.
Because he specifically mentioned "tradition". If are going down that route, I can very easily bring up a lot of traditions women no longer follow. Simple ones like wearing dress, how many women these days even dress like a proper woman?

I really agree with @Pan87 assessment that men have lowered their standards to rock bottom levels. Why are men accepting the very bare minimum from women while we do 100% of the leg work?

Willie Naylor

Banned
Reaction score
Because he specifically mentioned "tradition". If are going down that route, I can very easily bring up a lot of traditions women no longer follow. Simple ones like wearing dress, how many women these days even dress like a proper woman?

I really agree with @Pan87 assessment that men have lowered their standards to rock bottom levels. Why are men accepting the very bare minimum from women while we do 100% of the leg work?
Because 'traditionally,' men have happily exchanged cash for sex.

For example, if I'm visiting Charlotte, and meet a gorgeous blonde my first night there, I'll gladly spend $120 on dinner at a nice restaurant in exchange for her having world-class sex with me in my hotel room that night.

Chances are, I was going to eat dinner at that fancy restaurant anyway. It's just an added bonus that she's there with me.

Velasco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why are men accepting the very bare minimum from women while we do 100% of the leg work?
Nah This is just trad folks like eyebrollin that get a dopamine rush from paying for girls. Makes him feel like a man. I quite like how things are where girls spend their money on me

Zimbabwe

Banned
Reaction score
Because 'traditionally,' men have happily exchanged cash for sex.

For example, if I'm visiting Charlotte, and meet a gorgeous blonde my first night there, I'll gladly spend $120 on dinner at a nice restaurant in exchange for her having world-class sex with me in my hotel room that night.

Chances are, I was going to eat dinner at that fancy restaurant anyway. It's just an added bonus that she's there with me.
I rather use that money to visit another brothel, probably works out to be cheaper. Seriously $120 dinner plus a hotel room would really add up over time.

Nah This is just trad folks like eyebrollin that get a dopamine rush from paying for girls. Makes him feel like a man. I quite like how things are where girls spend their money on me
It doesn't seem like his really trad though, nothing trad about dating. Someone who is really traditional would only engage in courtship that leads to marriage.

Willie Naylor

Banned
Reaction score
I rather use that money to visit another brothel, probably works out to be cheaper. Seriously $120 dinner plus a hotel room would really add up over time.
...aaaand there you go, jumping to the extreme of 'it would really add up over time.'

I'm talking about one trip that I make, twice a year.

Go to your brothel. Have fun. We have different outlooks on life.

Willie Naylor

Banned
Reaction score
In what sense are men and women not equal in 2021? Please elaborate.
Regardless of what he says, are you going to agree with him?

So, why bother having the conversation in the first place?

Bokanovsky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nah This is just trad folks like eyebrollin that get a dopamine rush from paying for girls. Makes him feel like a man.
I really doubt it. It's more like he knows (or thinks) that without spending money on women, he'd still be a virgin.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I really doubt it. It's more like he knows (or thinks) that without spending money on women, he'd still be a virgin.
Classless. Here you go again thinking etiquette has anything to do with getting laid. It’s possible to be cheap and still get pvssy. Won’t help in other areas of life though.

Bokanovsky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
These are deranged comparisons. If you want to be a cheap fvck that’s on you but don’t act like it’s the norm or tradition. Being cheap is classless. Always has been always will be.
How is it "deranged" to think that a woman should be traditional and stay at home to clean and cook for her man...but not "deranged" to think that as a man, you have a moral obligation to pay for a woman's food and alcohol? Also, I really like your use of gynocentric shaming lingo. Anyone who disagrees with double standards that favour women is "classless" and a "cheap fvck" :rolleyes:

Bokanovsky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don’t get cute. Physiologically and psychologically men and women are not equal. I don’t know why you would even think of arguing the contrary.
What the hell does that have to do with paying for food and alcohol though? Are you suggesting that women are "physiologically and psychologically" unable to pay their share? :lol:

Zimbabwe

Banned
Reaction score
Classless. Here you go again thinking etiquette has anything to do with getting laid. It’s possible to be cheap and still get pvssy. Won’t help in other areas of life though.
Out of curiosity, how do you expect a woman to contribute to the dating relationship besides just "showing up". Do you expect women to cook and clean for you in return?

Because right now without context it seems that you enjoy being a walking talking ATM machine.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
But who invented this "rule"? Clearly a woman. If you invite an office buddy to grab lunch, are you going to pay for both of you? If you call up your friends and suggest going out for drinks, are you going to pay for the entire group? It's interesting that the "rule" only seems to apply in the dating context, where it is nearly always men who do the "asking out" part. Convenient, isn't it?
You are only proving my point...this woman isn't your friend and you don't know her, she is a stranger. Once you DO know her, most of the time some splitting takes place.

Willie Naylor

Banned
Reaction score
What the hell does that have to do with paying for food and alcohol though? Are you suggesting that women are "physiologically and psychologically" unable to pay their share? :lol:
It's like you're trying to 'fight the system' and re-write human nature. Enough with the bleeding heart already.

Friendly reminder that you told me you are a fish in a thread a while back. I don't take you seriously. Can't believe anyone does.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How is it "deranged" to think that a woman should be traditional and stay at home to clean and cook for her man...
That is a strawman argument. I never suggested the contrary, as I agree that women should be traditional.

Man leads. Man pays the bill. Woman submits. That is the natural order. Her ability to pay has nothing to do with this.

Out of curiosity, how do you expect a woman to contribute to the dating relationship besides just "showing up". Do you expect women to cook and clean for you in return?
Absolutely. I require women to cook and clean as bare minimum. You guys are just looking for excuses to be cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.