Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Splitting the bill on the first date

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macadellic

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
First date drinks are one hour before happy hour ends.

Other first dates of mine is going for dessert. They’re well known IG popular desserts, think of a churro with ice cream or a matcha bowl with fruit. These dessert dates are in the same price range of one round of happy hour drinks.

If I do dinner on the first date, I know where to find a bomb bowl of ramen for $10-$15 bucks.

So I have no problem paying for first dates.

Anyways,
Who’s this “hank moody” I keep seeing get referenced? Is he like a roosh or something

Willie Naylor

Banned
Reaction score
First date drinks are one hour before happy hour ends.

Other first dates of mine is going for dessert. They’re well known IG popular desserts, think of a churro with ice cream or a matcha bowl with fruit. These dessert dates are in the same price range of one round of happy hour drinks.
I see something about ice cream in here. I had this Dark Espresso ice cream the other night while we were out. Man, it changed my life.

2Rocky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
that’s like me assuming that if you’re not driving a decked out G wagon Mercedes then you’re not rich lmao. And we can assume you have 5 OLD dates a week, that’s $200 * that by 4 is $800 since most dates lead to 4 drinks usually. You are telling men to just $800 a month on spoiled brats because it’s the manly thing to do lmao
Who has time or energy to do 5 FIRST Dates per week? Not anyone making 6 figures. Maybe if you moved to a new town and had to meet a new bunch of girls. Maybe 3 or 4. But the time to get all that squared away is not a good use of your time...

JG you created a strawman argument about the cost....

Zimbabwe

Banned
Reaction score
First date is always a cafe or a bar, I pay for my drinks and she pays for hers. Even if i did offer to pay nobody would be impressed with a $5 coffee.

Bokanovsky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You are a cheap ass if you need to split the bill
This illustrates why women have an upper hand in dating. No woman would ever call another woman a "cheap ass" for allowing a guy to pay for her.

And yes, I usually cover the bill, despite the fact that I hate the hypocrisy of it. Women are "empowered" and "independent", and have equal rights and employment opportunities, and yet you have to pretend that it's the 1920's when the bill arrives. Makes perfect sense :rolleyes:

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
This illustrates why women have an upper hand in dating. No woman would ever call another woman a "cheap ass" for allowing a guy to pay for her.

And yes, I usually cover the bill, despite the fact that I hate the hypocrisy of it. Women are "empowered" and "independent", and have equal rights and employment opportunities, and yet you have to pretend that it's the 1920's when the bill arrives. Makes perfect sense :rolleyes:
It comes down to who asked who out. Most times the guy asked the women out. Common sense tells you that you should expect to pay if this is the case.

Now after you have gone out a few times, most women will offer to split or take turns. At least in my experience.

Reaction score
It comes down to who asked who out. Most times the guy asked the women out. Common sense tells you that you should expect to pay if this is the case.

Now after you have gone out a few times, most women will offer to split or take turns. At least in my experience.
not like she has anything better to do, it’s not that big of an inconvenience

2Rocky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is a catch 22. Females don't ask guys out. I agree with you though. If I ask a woman out, I'll pay for it.

Oh yes they do! I've been asked out a bunch of times. Wine tours, Parties, dinners. Hell even horseback rides. When you have your stuff together women will approach you.

Bokanovsky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

But who invented this "rule"? Clearly a woman. If you invite an office buddy to grab lunch, are you going to pay for both of you? If you call up your friends and suggest going out for drinks, are you going to pay for the entire group? It's interesting that the "rule" only seems to apply in the dating context, where it is nearly always men who do the "asking out" part. Convenient, isn't it?

Last edited:

Willie Naylor

Banned
Reaction score

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you invite a co-worker to grab lunch, are you going to pay for both of you? If you call up your friends and suggest going out for drinks, are you going to pay for the entire group? It's interesting that the "rule" only seems to apply in the dating context, where it is nearly always men who do the "asking out" part. Convenient, isn't it?
Actually you are completely wrong. The inviter is indeed supposed to pay in these situations. Social conventions have become lax around this mostly due to costs in the modern economy. Traditionally, if you are in a group or hosting an event, the assumption is absolutely that you are paying unless otherwise stated on the invite. Hence the term, “host.”

Bokanovsky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Actually you are completely wrong. The inviter is indeed supposed to pay in these situations. Social conventions have become lax around this mostly due to costs in the modern economy. Traditionally, if you are in a group or hosting an event, the assumption is absolutely that you are paying unless otherwise stated on the invite. Hence the term, “host.”
Yeah, let's not pretend that 19th and early 20th century "social conventions" still apply in the 21st century. There used to be social conventions pursuant to which black people were supposed to seat at the back of the bus and use separate entrances. I'd like to see you try to enforce that in 2021 :lol: Or how about the social convention that says that a woman's place is in the kitchen? It's interesting that we are supposed to discard "social conventions" that don't benefit women and retain those that do. This is yet another example of the pvssy begging mentality that is responsible for the current male-female power dynamic.

Last edited:

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, let's not pretend that 19th and early 20th century "social conventions" still apply in the 21st century. There used to be social conventions pursuant to which black people were supposed to seat at the back of the bus and use separate entrances. I'd like to see you try to enforce that in 2021 :lol: Or how about the social convention that says that a woman's place is in the kitchen? It's interesting that we are supposed to discard "social conventions" that don't benefit women and retain those that do. This is yet another example of the pvssy begging mentality that is responsible for the current male-female power dynamic.
These are deranged comparisons. If you want to be a cheap fvck that’s on you but don’t act like it’s the norm or tradition. Being cheap is classless. Always has been always will be.

TheProspect

Reaction score
Whether it’s a chick or my buddies, if I invite, I intend to pay in full.

At least 50% of the time the chick will offer to split or even pay the bill.
And my buddies 95% of the time will offer and even insist on contributing to the bill.

However, if I get the impression that a friend or chick is entitled and expects me to pay (without some form of reciprocation), I will terminate that relationship… If you feel you’re being taken advantage of at any point, then that’s on you to determine whether the friendship or relationship is reciprocal or not, and proceed accordingly.

Status
Not open for further replies.