Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Southerners (USA) in America, dah fuk is up with Georgia?

Good Gao

Banned
Reaction score
So I'll link a blog post at the end that describes why I even brought up this thread but I am visiting my family down in Atlanta right now, been here for the past three or so months so even before the Coronavirus thing broke out. I am actually a well-traveled southerner so I have spent time in cities like Nashville, Charleston, and Louisville but man, something is up with Atlanta and even a lot of Georgia as a whole.

It's like the people have a smug attitude in the city that kinda makes you go "bruh what's your deal?" and when I was going out, there was this try-hard culture.

The worst are the women though, I swear, they are all stuck in high school popularity contest or sorority girl mindset even well past their early twenties. Wanna know where they are the worst? The friggin churches! It's the churches where they are the absolute worst and you see the sociopathic demeanor of humanity.

It's not even a southern thing either but man something is up with Georgia. Any southern bros mind tellin me what I missed?

Oh yeah and article from a blog I been reading a lot of lately below, seems legit as a blog.

Plinco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The worst are the women though, I swear, they are all stuck in high school popularity contest or sorority girl mindset even well past their early twenties.
That sounds hot! I love a woman who is young and full of energy)

Reaction score
Overcompensating hood culture meets good ole southern boy with an inferiority complex culture, that's what it is. I lived in Atlanta for a few years since I have family there, it was a trip. The place is so hard to describe but also, you can feel like everyone in the state was just trying to get something out of you. You had to almost always be on your toes and know that the relationships were never sincere. Then you dealt with the overcompensating tough guy huff and puff chest out attitude too.

The other thing that affects it is the lack of good looking women unless you are into black girls. You will find good looking white girls but they are usually taken at an early age and in very exclusive circles.

One of my friends who moved out of there put it in a way that makes a lot of sense.

Anyone who could not amount to much in the coastal areas (California, NYC, etc.) and the big northern cities in general moved to Georgia to start over. It's this weird inferiority superiority complex mix. On one hand, they hated that they were never much of anyone in their original places but then when they moved down south, life was easier and they became a somebody. The inferiority complex and constant need to be prove to be alpha kicked in and that is why the culture is so petty and toxic in the state for the most part.

Plus for the locals, add in the GA was the most vocal supporter of the Confederacy and William Sherman taught them a lesson they are never forgetting.

GaBrotha

Don Juan
Reaction score
Long time lurker, first time poster! @Listen_to_Olly I see you man! Yes, pretty much everything you said about Georgia is dead-spot on. This state is known for it's transplants from parts of the west coast and upper northeast "yankee" states which could say a lot about how the women and people in general treat you here. Hung out with a ton of different people in college and the top-tier girls that go to school down here seem to date based on social-status and money. If you didn't have that going for you or if you were a different race other than white (like I am) then you were deemed to have a difficult time dating. I could go to surrounding states (Tennessee, Florida, and even the Carolina's) and the women there had manners and didn't mind guys talking to them, but not in this pathetic state. And as far as the black girls here, they look probably the best out of all races (with the exception of sorority girls from UGA, Kennesaw State, GCSU etc.) but the attitudes among them make them undesirable.

Vantagepoint34

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I met an elderly 65 year old lady georgian. Who was very polite and would bother to call me over the phone. I like the fact that she was polite but younger women could care less. Even more Younger women are like shooting fish in a barrel. How there's so many that barely have anything to talk about. Like walking on egg shells talking to some. It's comes down to life experience you'll have good convo. No life experience which is your typical pretty girl is just there to take space and nothing else...

zinc4

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So I'll link a blog post at the end that describes why I even brought up this thread but I am visiting my family down in Atlanta right now, been here for the past three or so months so even before the Coronavirus thing broke out. I am actually a well-traveled southerner so I have spent time in cities like Nashville, Charleston, and Louisville but man, something is up with Atlanta and even a lot of Georgia as a whole.

It's like the people have a smug attitude in the city that kinda makes you go "bruh what's your deal?" and when I was going out, there was this try-hard culture.

The worst are the women though, I swear, they are all stuck in high school popularity contest or sorority girl mindset even well past their early twenties. Wanna know where they are the worst? The friggin churches! It's the churches where they are the absolute worst and you see the sociopathic demeanor of humanity.

It's not even a southern thing either but man something is up with Georgia. Any southern bros mind tellin me what I missed?

Oh yeah and article from a blog I been reading a lot of lately below, seems legit as a blog.

Welcome to my life except the times I get to travel to the west coast or abroad....the people in Georgia and especially Atlanta have changed dramatically the last 10 and even 5 years and yes....the women are effin awful. They are stuck up and hipster culture runs rampant along with thug wannabes then hardcore rednecks.

Also, if you act aggressive or show your masculinity, they seem to resent u and will get violent acting. Been slapped a lot here....raging feminists.

Last edited:

Good Gao

Banned
Reaction score
Long time lurker, first time poster! @Listen_to_Olly I see you man! Yes, pretty much everything you said about Georgia is dead-spot on. This state is known for it's transplants from parts of the west coast and upper northeast "yankee" states which could say a lot about how the women and people in general treat you here. Hung out with a ton of different people in college and the top-tier girls that go to school down here seem to date based on social-status and money. If you didn't have that going for you or if you were a different race other than white (like I am) then you were deemed to have a difficult time dating. I could go to surrounding states (Tennessee, Florida, and even the Carolina's) and the women there had manners and didn't mind guys talking to them, but not in this pathetic state. And as far as the black girls here, they look probably the best out of all races (with the exception of sorority girls from UGA, Kennesaw State, GCSU etc.) but the attitudes among them make them undesirable.
Well glad you posted brotha.

Yeah I noticed that women in Georgia were just largely unapproachable at bars. I'd love for a PUA to approach at bars in the city just to try their luck and see where it all goes, at least it gives them reality before preaching the nonsense they preach.

The culture I noticed was very plastic, it's like it is a southern city without any of the southern charm.

Most of all man, I just cannot see how people live like that. Like there was no emotion or anything in women or the people there, like I was talking to robots almost. You could never trust anything that anyone said, you were always just talking to a robot with switches on it. Hard to describe it in words but everyone was fake with a smile on.

With Americans in other parts of the country you get the humanity there and they make sense but Georgia was like talking to human dolls, it's like westworld before westworld and I have not even seen the show.

As for racism, I actually notice blacks did well there and socially well connected minorities too.

Good Gao

Banned
Reaction score
Welcome to my life except the times I get to travel to the west coast or abroad....the people in Georgia and especially Atlanta have changed dramatically the last 10 and even 5 years and yes....the women are effin awful. They are stuck up and hipster culture runs rampant along with thug wannabes then hardcore rednecks.

Also, if you act aggressive or show your masculinity, they seem to resent u and will get violent acting. Been slapped a lot here....raging feminists.
Why do you think it changed that fast in 10 years?

Back in the day Atlanta was seemingly a hidden gem for sex but now it is hell. Come to think of it though, there seems to be a quality to Southerners from Atlanta that is unlike any other kind of southerner. It is that scheming, calculating, and social ladder climbing mentality I noticed in the people from the city even decades ago. With the guys it is that need to stir the pot and get under the skin of others, like almost out looking for trouble or fights. Any idea why that is?

Same with the women too, no matter where they end up, they seem to always have that gold digger mentality. I find this especially true for UGA girls I have seen, always looking for what's popular and cool wherever they go and wanting to get in on the fame and fortune.

zinc4

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why do you think it changed that fast in 10 years?

Back in the day Atlanta was seemingly a hidden gem for sex but now it is hell. Come to think of it though, there seems to be a quality to Southerners from Atlanta that is unlike any other kind of southerner. It is that scheming, calculating, and social ladder climbing mentality I noticed in the people from the city even decades ago. With the guys it is that need to stir the pot and get under the skin of others, like almost out looking for trouble or fights. Any idea why that is?

Same with the women too, no matter where they end up, they seem to always have that gold digger mentality. I find this especially true for UGA girls I have seen, always looking for what's popular and cool wherever they go and wanting to get in on the fame and fortune.

You pretty much nailed it. No idea why it's like this now. For a relatively big city, Atlanta sucks though.

PeasantPlayer

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Overcompensating hood culture meets good ole southern boy with an inferiority complex culture, that's what it is. I lived in Atlanta for a few years since I have family there, it was a trip. The place is so hard to describe but also, you can feel like everyone in the state was just trying to get something out of you. You had to almost always be on your toes and know that the relationships were never sincere. Then you dealt with the overcompensating tough guy huff and puff chest out attitude too.

The other thing that affects it is the lack of good looking women unless you are into black girls. You will find good looking white girls but they are usually taken at an early age and in very exclusive circles.

One of my friends who moved out of there put it in a way that makes a lot of sense.

Anyone who could not amount to much in the coastal areas (California, NYC, etc.) and the big northern cities in general moved to Georgia to start over. It's this weird inferiority superiority complex mix. On one hand, they hated that they were never much of anyone in their original places but then when they moved down south, life was easier and they became a somebody. The inferiority complex and constant need to be prove to be alpha kicked in and that is why the culture is so petty and toxic in the state for the most part.

Plus for the locals, add in the GA was the most vocal supporter of the Confederacy and William Sherman taught them a lesson they are never forgetting.
Some dude swore up and down to me Atlanta had better looking women than Chicago. I was like how?

Reaction score
When Yankees moved down to cities like a Charleston, they moved for the southern culture and to retire there. Many of them had enough with the hustle and bustle of the north so they moved down south for greener pastures.

Atlanta is a city where a lot of businesses moved due to better tax breaks and lower costs of living as well as its phenomenal airport. When many of the jobs in the Rust Belt and more gritty East Coast areas went away, the people moved down there themselves. You're getting people from places like Pennsylvania, Long Island, Jersey, more working class areas of New York, and blue collar Boston areas. Anyone who cannot make it up in the frozen cut-throat east coast states just moves to Atlanta for work but they bring their rat race mentality with them. Now the same also goes for immigrants, the city has a lot of Asian immigrants who are there for work and opportunities to get ahead in their career, not to play around.

What it ultimately boils down to is that you have a city with a rat race mentality of owning looking out for yourself, ignoring others, and getting ahead yet at the same time an inferiority complex with the locals that do end up there. No one really wants to have to move down south, you do it because you need for cost of living. Telling your friend you live in Manhattan carries a lot of prestige to it compared to telling them you live in Buckhead.

Deep down inside, the people kind of understand this and that inferiority complex fuels things like being loud, boastful, overcompensating, stirring the pot (they absolutely hate the wealthy people who made it in the major cities), and picking fights. No one in Atlanta actually wants to be in Atlanta, they are there because they have to be. Now this is why so many kids in their high school days are so excited to boast about moving to an LA, Vegas, NYC, Chicago, or a Miami.

jaymbrs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I moved to ATL from Dallas for work and lived there for about 2.5 years and it's a known fact among those who move there that it is difficult to meet top notch women if you're just a regular person. In fact the reason I joined this site was to figure out some chick I was temporarily seeing from GA while I was in ATL. I just kept striking out at a rate I had never experienced before. I ended up meeting my current GF in ATL but she was also a transplant. Moral of that is ATL women are a waste.

jaymbrs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Some dude swore up and down to me Atlanta had better looking women than Chicago. I was like how?
That's ridiculous. I've lived in Chicago too and met some of the most beautiful, down to earth women there.

Reaction score
I moved to ATL from Dallas for work and lived there for about 2.5 years and it's a known fact among those who move there that it is difficult to meet top notch women if you're just a regular person. In fact the reason I joined this site was to figure out some chick I was temporarily seeing from GA while I was in ATL. I just kept striking out at a rate I had never experienced before. I ended up meeting my current GF in ATL but she was also a transplant. Moral of that is ATL women are a waste.
It's not about actual value, the game is bizzaro world down there. You'll see chubby out of shape bubba and not so good looking men with exceptional women only because they happened to be the $hit in high school or were in the right frats in college. If you are not good with social circle game and keeping up an image, I would highly advise you to stay away from Atlanta. Atlanta is an image game through and through.

Even when Georgia girls move to other cities, they are trying to dip their toes in whatever is cool, hip, and high status. When I lived in NYC, everyone from that crowd was trying to go to the selfie meatpacking district clubs which were all commercialized. Gold diggers through and through.

Reaction score
One thing I did notice in Atlanta is that the guys were sexually inexperienced compared to dudes I knew who grew up in other major cities, especially outside the south. I think the overbearing Jesus-freak culture which dominates the city is to blame but I knew so many guys who were virgins past the age of 18 and completely clueless with girls. Now the girls themselves were also somewhat inexperienced yet prudish at the same time, it's all in the Jesus-Freak goody two shoe culture, the worst people you will meet are often the youth church goers pushing for a popularity contest.

The biggest ****block of Georgia culture is the church and tight knit groups, if you catch these girls in other areas, they can make for somewhat easy lays. They do still have that added Georgia gold-digger and status hungry complex though. I consider Atlanta girls to be a poor man's California girl, they are shallow and want what's flashy on the outside or what's popular, pretty big emphasis on that. If you want to really slay with the Atlanta Barbie or white girls from the area, just become popular in whatever area. They chase the bartender, club promoter, or anyone with nightlife Instagram popular connections hard. A good social media account will also get them to open their legs asap, they go crazy for that stuff.

If I had to best describe Atlanta's culture and its women, they have that prudish mentality of a goody two shoe preacher's daughter mixed in with the validation hungry popularity obsession you find in an Orange County girl.

Unlike California though, you kind of do scratch your heads at the guys you see with hot women in Atlanta. I mean these guys have no style and are even lacking in looks, only getting these women through tight knit social circles. In most areas, these guys would not slay a thing. Every one of my friends that moved from Atlanta struggled heavily in other big cities.

Reaction score
Having been raised in the Atlanta suburbs, I cannot believe how asexual everyone there seemingly was. Like sex or even talking about it was taboo, it was very much a sexual shaming culture and a lot of sex had to be done very much in private. I am amazed to find the amount of men I knew in high schools and neighboring high schools who came out as gay. Just the friends I have there compared to friends of mines in other cities, a lot of guys are very inexperienced with women in the suburbs of the A Town, even the tryhard gangstas.

Reaction score
Ho-lee-fuk...

Same chit here. I used to see so many dudes who were social media popular in those high school and college days. You'd have thought these were slayers but years later, came out of the closet. It's like that weird thing Atlanta has where outwardly they claim to accept gayness and diversity but internally, it's just like any small southern town. It really is one unique city, most of the times for worse.