"Some Guys Make $600,000 a Year"

crossedup

Don Juan
Reaction score
TillTheEndOfTime said:
A fellow engineer. What field? I'm electrical.
Electrical as well! Congrats on becoming an engineer, it's difficult but extremely rewarding. I'm in the power consulting field working on large electrical substations. I plan on getting my master's and starting my own consulting firm myself. My grandpa was extremely successful with his company so I have a good inside track. Engineering is fun for me, making work enjoyable. It's great to see another EE on SoSuave! Most people at work are pretty lame, can't talk about girls, sports, etc...

Blurry

Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't honestly care what I make, as long as I can live comfortably. If some ***** is going to turn me down because I'm not a millionaire, **** her, she isn't quality.

Right now, I make enough for me to support all my expensive hobbies (motorcycles, rock climbing, snowboarding) have plenty of savings, and have a rough over my head. I don't need anything else, and I make substantially less than 100k a year.

Big Neil, you should get rid of this girl, she doesn't seem like she is a decent person, so why you would keep her around I don't know

ka_mate

Don Juan
Reaction score
http://globalrichlist.com/

Your Richlist Position 103,478,261
You are the 103,478,261 richest person in the world! You're in the TOP 1.72%
richest people in the world!

Income Entered

$100,000?
$600,00?
$80,000?

Nope.

$45,000

bigneil

Banned
Reaction score
I was a CS major, which is nearly equivalent to EE.

TillTheEndOfTime said:
Why the big jump after 1997? Why didn't that happen in 1995? :)
I started my own company in late 1996, hence the income explosion and subsequent crash. It was also a reflection of the dot com bubble.

Things in the economy were never the same since.

As far as telling girls what we make, I do it because I figure all they ever hear is BS and I want to prove myself, even if I don't compare to the lies of others.

And good point ka mate.

JohnChops

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No more keyboard jockeying . Action is the place.
bigneil said:
I was a CS major, which is nearly equivalent to EE.

I started my own company in late 1996, hence the income explosion and subsequent crash. It was also a reflection of the dot com bubble.

Things in the economy were never the same since.

As far as telling girls what we make, I do it because I figure all they ever hear is BS and I want to prove myself, even if I don't compare to the lies of others.

And good point ka mate.

Neil why do you need to prove yourself to anyone but yourself ? Fvck what other people think, tell them you get paid in trident layers.

Alle_Gory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
bigneil said:
My salaries went:

$28.5 (1993)
$35.0 (1994)
$43.0 (1995)
$52.0 (1996)
$60.0 (1997)
$160.0 (1998)
$4M (1999) (started business worth $4M)
$-4M (2000) (lost it all to dot com crash)
Do you still have your own business?

SoSuave666

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Espi said:
I do believe based on my experience that the primest females WILL choose money over looks...its biologically programmed in them...always has and always will be...the seventy year old five foot three balding bespectaled millionaire will attract and secure the hottest women.

Respectfully disagree. The seventy five year-old you describe will not attract the hottest women. He may secure them, but for different reasons. She will marry the rich elderly man....but rest assured she is not attracted to him/is probably secksing a younger better looking male.

I think the happy medium of this whole discussion is to just earn what makes YOU happy and fvck as many broads as you can along the way. If you get married, then you can worry about income for dual persons.

Down Low

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ka_mate said:
http://globalrichlist.com/

Your Richlist Position 103,478,261
You are the 103,478,261 richest person in the world! You're in the TOP 1.72%
richest people in the world!

Income Entered

$100,000?
$600,00?
$80,000?

Nope.

$45,000
Problem is, it takes a reasonable, down-to-earth man to appreciate what 1.72% means. America doesn't make those anymore.

Half the people on Earth live on less than $2 a day. And yes, that means whole regions of the globe are almost totally inhabited by people who have sex their whole lives without putting a price tag on it. Goes without saying, America doesn't do that anymore.