So what exactly is Paul Janka's appeal?

Zarky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Numbers game, pure and simple. Unless you look like Tattoo from Fantasy Island, hitting on hundreds of chicks a week will get you some success. Of course few men have the time or interest to do so.

spinaroonie

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Iceberg said:
What do you think "good looking" is supposed to be? 225 lbs of muscle, clean shaven, and wearing a tuxedo? Not every girl goes for the clean-cut, Atkins diet, 8-pack, overachiever.

He looks like a dude. Girls like dudes. Not breaking your balls, man, but you make it sound like he has a hunchback.

I mean, I don't walk around rocking sunglasses while conversing with people, but I don't see any reason why this guy shouldn't be attractive enough to get girls.
I showed these clips to a guy who had no clue what Janka looks like. He thought the guy looked shady as hell. All of you guys saying its his looks have seen him before and know he looks

It looks like Janka went out of his way to obscure his good looks. If Janka ran his game without the beard, cap and shades, guys here will be saying Janka gets his numbers due to looks not game.

IMO, the Janka's success comes from incredible non-verbal subcommunication and a smooth, relaxed, confident delivery.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
BigSmooth said:
The guy friend in video #2 was clearly very uncomfortable lol. He probably had a secret crush on his friend and watching some random dude talk to her with ease and get her number probably pi$$ed him off.
No doubt. It's like that episode of Seinfeld where some guy hits on Elaine right in front of him. He was just friends with her, but still thought it was disrespectful that the guy hit on her with him there.

Janka probably thought "Oh, here's a very hot chick with some short chode looking guy, this has to be money". I wonder if the guy was taller than him, well muscled, and tattooed, with a few scars, if Janka would have even approached?

He got the number under completely false pretenses too. Pretty sneaky.

Burroughs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The thing to consider is how many of the girls knew a camera was on them even if it was 'hidden'...(remember the girls most likely signed releases otherwise janka is opening himself to huge liability)

the presence of someone filming janka automatically targets him as high value and he can look as 'weird' as he wants and still pull...lol chicks are so mental and delusional these days they might think they are part of some new reality show....as to janka's stated numbers...well...no man ever lied about their pull numbers right :)

Iceberg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
spinaroonie said:
I showed these clips to a guy who had no clue what Janka looks like. He thought the guy looked shady as hell. All of you guys saying its his looks have seen him before and know he looks
Never seen this guy before in my life. I dont sit around watching "PUAs" "in the field".

It looks like Janka went out of his way to obscure his good looks. If Janka ran his game without the beard, cap and shades, guys here will be saying Janka gets his numbers due to looks not game.
I sport a beard 75% of the time. I'm a man. I'm supposed to have hair. You think "good looking" guys get full-body wax?

IMO, the Janka's success comes from incredible non-verbal subcommunication and a smooth, relaxed, confident delivery.
Eh. Sure whatever. Don't really care where his success comes from. I'm just glad he's enjoying it.

Rubirosa

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
He's an extremely good looking dude, so I think he purposely scruffed up in order to pacify those who said his PUA methods are pure BS without his good looks to back them up.
"How to get laid in NYC" is a classic, entertaining read !
Here's a TV profile clip on him from Dec. 2007

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgWUKUQ0etk

BigJimbo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Burroughs said:
The thing to consider is how many of the girls knew a camera was on them even if it was 'hidden'...(remember the girls most likely signed releases otherwise janka is opening himself to huge liability)

the presence of someone filming janka automatically targets him as high value and he can look as 'weird' as he wants and still pull...lol chicks are so mental and delusional these days they might think they are part of some new reality show....as to janka's stated numbers...well...no man ever lied about their pull numbers right :)
What? It is fake? No way! I believe everything I see on youtube that is trying to sell me something.

floydb25

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Oh, ****; that's him? He was on Dr Phil before. That guy IS good looking. Not sure why he decided to look like **** on those videos.

Trump

Banned
Reaction score
Dude are you kidding?

Tall guy +1
Has decent set of hair +1
Dresses down and casual +1
Doesn't say dumb things +1
Doesn't talk about weather or boring stuff +1

What more do you need? A lot of guys thinking attracting women is some sort of mystical magical thing were you need to look like Brad and talk like Obama before the women will give you the time of day.

Maybe the stuck up rich ones, but most are normal girls wanting to get laid as much as guys. Just look decent and DONT SAY DUMB THINGS.