Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

So She Slid Up on the Snap Story… How to Make this one Not Platonic

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Interesting situation here. I don’t want to be just a one trick pony who can only bang girls from direct cold approach: I want to be able to handle more I thought I would make a thread about it.

I’ve been going out to the bars and clubs with my bois every single weekend to run game. Oftentimes, I put Snaps of the clubs we go to on my story.

There’s this girl I Cold Approached like, a year ago? I never really made anything happen with that (maybe I just never set up a date or something, maybe I didn’t know how to move it forward. I LITERALLY don’t know.)

But she slid up on my story and was like “Omg that looks like so much funnnnn. Where is this?” We went back and forth a bit. She was extremely easy to converse with. She asks me how I am first, and she was actually giving me whole paragraphs when responding. Turns out that we both still live in the same town. Eventually, I close and say “You should come out. Or hey, I go out in my own town too. I’ll show you some dope bars around here.”

She says, “Hell yeah. I’d love to go out with y’all.” I tell her to shoot me her number, which she does.

Now. I’m not sure that this interaction has the intent that I need it to have. I didn’t do the whole “Damn, you’re cute” over text cause that has always failed and blown up in my face. But I want to shoot my shot. I’m just not sure if this chick knows that I actually yknow, want her! I hope that inviting her out for drinks or to the bar/club like this makes that clear. To be frank, I’m not sure if it does. The worst case scenario here is that I end up accidentally friendzoning myself.

Or maybe she’s just using me. Y’all tell me lol. I still would like to shoot my shot out of principal though.

I’ve learned from the past that if you don’t make it sexual with the girl on that first date, expect to never see her again. That rule seems to always hold true. I’ve had issues in the past with these platonic ass dates where I don’t even end up kissing the girl. I don’t want that to happen anymore. Plus, pulling this one off would just be an epic close lol.

Basically, I want to know how I would successfully shoot my shot with this girl. It’s not as simple as a direct cold approach: so I’d love to know the best way to handle a more nuanced situation like this.

Last edited:

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What does "slid up" mean? Kind of central to the post.

OK, a definition:

"When somebody responds to a Snapchat story, they "slide up" to reply."

OP, if you could please limit the use of jargon that would be great.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
OP, you never actually shot a shot. You have to sexualize the interaction or make it clear you are bringing things forward on a one-on-one, intimate level.

Instant responses mean nothing.

Long paragraphs mean nothing.

If you don't sexualize the interaction prior to the date, or preferably the date pitch, you are opening the door to being railroaded into the friendzone.

Are you good at segueing into sextalk? If not, I would specifically work on this.

And be wary of girls who "slide up" into social event pics/stories/whateverthephuckyoucallthem. Ideally, you want girls "sliding up" into your selfies or sexier pics.

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What does "slid up" mean? Kind of central to the post.

OK, a definition:

"When somebody responds to a Snapchat story, they "slide up" to reply."

OP, if you could please limit the use of jargon that would be great.
My bad haha. Thank goodness for Urban Dictionary right?

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
OP, you never actually shot a shot. You have to sexualize the interaction or make it clear you are bringing things forward on a one-on-one, intimate level.

Instant responses mean nothing.

Long paragraphs mean nothing.

If you don't sexualize the interaction prior to the date, or preferably the date pitch, you are opening the door to being railroaded into the friendzone.

Are you good at segueing into sextalk? If not, I would specifically work on this.

And be wary of girls who "slide up" into social event pics/stories/whateverthephuckyoucallthem. Ideally, you want girls "sliding up" into your selfies or sexier pics.
Yeah, that’s exactly as I thought. I didn’t think I really showed intent, tbh. So if I were to go on a “date” with her, she’d get blindsided if I were to try to kiss her or make a move on her.

So in a situation like this, where it’s not like a direct cold approach and I’m showing intent right off the bat. Maybe it could be good to just like explicitly show intent over the text message by calling her cute or something, the same way I would on a date? And put myself in a position where I can be rejected, and my intent is shown. That way I know 100% that she knows my intentions and that I want a date, not just a friendly hangout. Thus avoiding friendzoning myself.

If she doesn’t hang out with you after you’ve shown your intent, then of course she doesn’t like you.

I’ve had terrible experiences with calling girls cute over text in the past. But in hindsight, I’m thinking this could be because:
A.) I was using this on girls who had already rejected me
B.) This is before I was using texting to primarily set up the date. My “text game” was all over the frigging place.

I also wasn’t sure if I should put calling them cute in the box of simping or thirsting.

And yes, that makes sense. Maybe I start posting more selfies.

Last edited:

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, that’s exactly as I thought. I didn’t think I really showed intent, tbh. So if I were to go on a “date” with her, she’d get blindsided if I were to try to kiss her or make a move on her.

So in a situation like this, where it’s not like a direct cold approach and I’m showing intent right off the bat. Maybe it could be good to just like explicitly show intent over the text message by calling her cute or something, the same way I would on a date? And put myself in a position where I can be rejected, and my intent is shown. That way I know 100% that she knows my intentions and that I want a date, not just a friendly hangout. Thus avoiding friendzoning myself.

If she doesn’t hang out with you after you’ve shown your intent, then of course she doesn’t like you.

I’ve had terrible experiences with calling girls cute over text in the past. But in hindsight, I’m thinking this could be because:
A.) I was using this on girls who had already rejected me
B.) This is before I was using texting to primarily set up the date. My “text game” was all over the frigging place.

I also wasn’t sure if I should put calling them cute in the box of simping or thirsting.

And yes, that makes sense. Maybe I start posting more selfies.
Only call her cute if she's ridiculously hot. Other wise, casually call her sexy here and there when you have an opportunity. Or have some DHV story that involves skinny dipping or nudity of some sort and gauge her reaction.

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Only call her cute if she's ridiculously hot. Other wise, casually call her sexy here and there when you have an opportunity.
Excellent. Doing that over the text message before the date is cool too(if the intent is in question?)

Just trying to learn for the future tbh. Not sure if I should try to pursue this particular chick. Of course, I have other options and I’m approaching like 20 women a week as well lol.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Excellent. Doing that over the text message before the date is cool too(if the intent is in question?)

Just trying to learn for the future tbh. Not sure if I should try to pursue this particular chick. Of course, I have other options and I’m approaching like 20 women a week as well lol.
If the intent is in question, it's essential to see where she's at so you do have to push the envelope somewhat.

To give you an idea of my game, the ideal pre-date interaction will involved having myself and the girl mutually masturbating over text, with the woman also fantasizing about it when we're out of contact. The majority of the women I meet will reach this standard, with her calling me Daddy and me calling her Baby Girl (even if she's older) before the first date.

Scars

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I feel like you and I are exact opposites. I don't approach women too much anymore. Instead I lay "bait" and wait for them to come to me. Nowadays, I see too many "creeps" being put on blast with screenshots etc.. and I definitely don't want to be put in that category.

You must remember, if a women approaches you first that is already a sign of HIGH INTEREST. So the guessing part of "does she likes me" goes out the window. Keep it sexual and flirty from the very beginning. I've never had a girl hit me up and be "shocked" or "turned off" that I got sexual with her. Like I said, girls who hit you up first already have high interest. Think about it from there point of view, they're taking a risk by messaging you, and can easily be turned down.. so make it known from the beginning your appreciate them and find them attractive, things will go smoothly. Because they have high interest, you don't have too put much "game" on them. Try and set up a "meet up" or date immediately. I've had girls hit me up randomly and I was ****ing them the same night. Do not be afraid to make a move or be sexual. When a girl hits you up first, it makes **** way more easier.. which is my preferred method. With cold approach you have to constantly guage her interest and make sure you're not coming off too creepy or "strong". But if a girl hits you up first, it's almost a clear indicator that she is DTF.