Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

So how are you fellow Americans handling the high cost of housing?

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It goes without saying that it is hard to be a PUA if you're living in your parent's basement - or even with roommates (college PUAs excepted) - or your van by the river (LOL), but gosh, in most places the net cost of housing is really a ticket to the Poor House. (As for myself, I live in a rock-bottom, non-mortgaged, cheap house in an old company town that is about 40 minutes from the exurb of a major city; I GeoMax so my housing situation at present is not an issue.) I know there are a few forum members that live in pricey locales like Miami, but the cost of rent has got to be a source of concern.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Owned my house for quite some time. Mortgage should be paid off within 7 or 8 years...refinanced to a 10 year mortgage when rates were rock bottom a few years ago. Think house value has almost tripled since I bought it.

For people just buying houses now or even renting...ugh...

I can't imagine being stuck in those higher rates and crazy house values which are only going to drop over the next year or two.

RBK

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Valuation is a moot point if you are nowhere near retirement. People selling their homes for 20% over value but buying in the same exact market.

I'm forecasting a market crash in 12-24 months. Be a good time to buy then.

Bingo-Player

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Most will be renting

There's a very similar bubble in the UK as for some reason society believes that housing should be an asset and not a house

A few of my mates seem to think capital appreciation on a property is some sort of get rich quick scheme it's very concerning

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Most will be renting

There's a very similar bubble in the UK as for some reason society believes that housing should be an asset and not a house

A few of my mates seem to think capital appreciation on a property is some sort of get rich quick scheme it's very concerning
Rents are crazy high too...even in a relatively "low cost market" apartment rents are over $1000 a month for basic 2 bedroom ones. Anything semi large or nicer ones are $1200-1500. It's fvcking crazy.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I’m chilling. Mortgage on my condo is cheap. The value has ballooned to bonkers the last few years. Here in Jersey the land is dummy expensive. Over 60% of the assessed value on my pad is land value. It’s because we have commuter train to NYC just a couple blocks away. Going to make some nice rental income when I get sick of living here.

Bingo-Player

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Rents are crazy high too...even in a relatively "low cost market" apartment rents are over $1000 a month for basic 2 bedroom ones. Anything semi large or nicer ones are $1200-1500. It's fvcking crazy.
It is becoming clear that monopoly money within various global economies is starting to dry up

I wouldn't be surprised if we see a collapse like nothing we have ever seen before

M

member160292

I’m paying close to 3k lol
I think it’s slowing down though

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
the cost of rent has got to be a source of concern.
Rents are ridiculous right now. In Dallas, merely adequate 1 bedroom apartments in 35-50 year old complexes are renting for $500/month more than they would have about 5-7 years ago. A merely adequate 1 bedroom is around $1,300 - $1,600. This isn't even one that will impress a lot of women who are upper level cute or hot (7.5+). In Dallas, you need a newer apartment to do that, so tack on at least another $300-$500/month for that, if not more.

In less mature Sun Belt cities in the USA, premier single women tend to think an apartment building is outdated at 20 years old.

Kotaix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Valuation is a moot point if you are nowhere near retirement. People selling their homes for 20% over value but buying in the same exact market.

I'm forecasting a market crash in 12-24 months. Be a good time to buy then.
I agree that the market is going to crash soon. The value of houses has been inflated beyond all reason, mostly by blackrock and other corporate fvcksticks buying houses out from under regular people.

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As long as the owners of those houses have no reason to sell or rent cause they made a fortune with the debt left on younger generations, prices will hardly decreases.

The best bet for those whose income is not connected to living in an area, is to move to cheaper better places possibly abroad.

Xenom0rph

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm actually loving this... The people who voted for this will get their just rewards for believing lies from the MSM....

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In less mature Sun Belt cities in the USA, premier single women tend to think an apartment building is outdated at 20 years old.
It's OVER for OldApartmentCels.
No, it is not over for those who live in older apartments. Men living in older apartments need more charisma to compensate for the older apartment.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No, it is not over for those who live in older apartments. Men living in older apartments need more charisma to compensate for the older apartment.
A good trick is to get an older apartment in or around a desirable area, and target women who do not live in your immediate area, so they have a good initial feeling about where you live and they don't know your place is older until they get hooked.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There are dying towns in the Midwest where a person can buy one of the nicest houses in town for under $50k. Cairo, IL, is hilarious if you go to realtor dot com and look at the listings. 5/3 two story $35k lol.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There are dying towns in the Midwest where a person can buy one of the nicest houses in town for under $50k. Cairo, IL, is hilarious if you go to realtor dot com and look at the listings. 5/3 two story $35k lol.
Lolz and how much is flood insurance in Cairo?

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lolz and how much is flood insurance in Cairo?
To give you an idea of the value of Cairo, when the river rises enough, the army Corp of engineers will open the floodgates and intentionally flood Cairo, so that it lowers the river levels and saves other, more valuable, real estate from flooding farther downriver.