Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

So how are you fellow Americans handling the high cost of housing?

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A good trick is to get an older apartment in or around a desirable area, and target women who do not live in your immediate area, so they have a good initial feeling about where you live and they don't know your place is older until they get hooked.
By not in your immediate area, how far away?

I moved to a newer, nicer apartment.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
By not in your immediate area, how far away?

I moved to a newer, nicer apartment.
At least 3 miles (5 or so km). Helps mitigate any potential stalker issues too. This might not be doable unless you live in a larger metro area.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
At least 3 miles (5 or so km). Helps mitigate any potential stalker issues too. This might not be doable unless you live in a larger metro area.
That makes sense that a guy with an older apartment in a decent area could seduce from a less desirable neighborhood in the same city.

Now in my nicer apartment, I've been targeting women who live in older apartments in decent areas.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Depends on the quality of women and the lifestyle you want/expect.
LLS would be my acronym for success
Lifestyle, Looks, status(all the other stuff)
Very few people are going to be having a great lifestyle paying 3K a month for rent

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That makes sense that a guy with an older apartment in a decent area could seduce from a less desirable neighborhood in the same city.

Now in my nicer apartment, I've been targeting women who live in older apartments in decent areas.
A lot of older areas in a big city will have lots of things to do with a mix of older and newer housing

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

I imagine you already do, but in your case it's a good idea to show off your place in pics when you're in the getting-to-know-you stage over text.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I imagine you already do, but in your case it's a good idea to show off your place in pics when you're in the getting-to-know-you stage over text.
I have shown off pics of my apartment via text when necessary. I do attempt to keep texting to a minimum, mainly logistics.

Bingo-Player

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What's confusing me is that there's a large portion of society that can't understand the problem and just keep expecting property to rise in value just because it has in the past

Very few can seem to accept that unless average wages rise comparatively eventually the music will stop

a guy was trying to tell me last week that it's written in stone "property doubles in value every 10 years"

I tried to explain that with the average two bed starter home in the UK now being valued at around £200K ( yea you read that right ) if you apply that logic your saying you think it will be 400K by 2032 !?! :rofl:

Now here's the caveat..... the people buying said starter homes usually earn something in the region of £20-30K a year and they have been earning that same amount for the last 15-20 years because wages have risen so slowly

SO where as 10 years ago a starter home would cost maybe 100K it now costs 200K but average wages haven't increased to 50-60k :rofl:

You can't borrow more than 4x your salary for a mortgage in the UK

So by that guys forecast nobody earning under a 100k a year will be able to buy a house by 2030

He couldn't / wouldn't understand what i was saying because it didn't support his view that property is a guaranteed get rich quick scheme ....

We are living in very dangerous times.

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There’s no way to handle the high costs. They will keep increasing until the public collectively demands a response from the government (this is the plan)

The government will respond with UBI. Universal basic income (communism) delivered to you via a central bank government crypto.

You’ll have a crypto allowance you receive every week. Your buying habits are monitored and ensured to be sustainable. That means if you try to buy anything that’s not an insect burger, your digital wallet will turn off.

You’re witnessing the end of an economic paradigm, and the beginning of a new one. The new paradigm is communism on steroids, aided by amazing technology.
I presume this allowance won't be able to be spent at a strip joint. :rolleyes:

Plinco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Later this year and especially next year you will see the cost of food to go much higher. It will be particularly bad in the Middle East.

Plinco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

This is a smart lady who is worth listening to.

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Doom and Gloom!!!!!!

Live long enough, you'll realize this stuff will correct itself. It doesn't happen overnight. People have already shifted their spending habits to compensate, and the market will correct. Economy has been booming off fear for about 2 years now (started in fall 2020 during COVID), but that is subsiding.

A crash will come, but it's not imminent. If anything, we're about to go through a period of stabilization for 5-7 years in my opinion.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Doom and Gloom!!!!!!

Live long enough, you'll realize this stuff will correct itself. It doesn't happen overnight. People have already shifted their spending habits to compensate, and the market will correct. Economy has been booming off fear for about 2 years now (started in fall 2020 during COVID), but that is subsiding.

A crash will come, but it's not imminent. If anything, we're about to go through a period of stabilization for 5-7 years in my opinion.
Stock market is currently crashing. 2022 has been a bad year for stocks.

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Stock market is currently crashing. 2022 has been a bad year for stocks.
Bro you must not be old enough to know what a true crash is.

thermodynamic

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I have a clever strategy for this. If you want to DM I might share it with you.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
No changes for me, I make significantly more than what my monthly expenses are.

logicallefty

Reaction score
I’m renting again, and never been happier. My house I last owned, lived in, and sold was only 7 when I bought it and 14 when I sold it. It was starting to become an infinite money pit. Every time I turned around it needed some major repair. Let’s face it they don’t make shvt like they used to 20-30 years ago. Shvt breaks quicker now. Unless you enjoy a second or third job being a handyman then I don’t think homeownership today is the thing for the average working guy. If you like doing that honey do handyman crap on the weekends and being a slave to the house then great, but I really don’t anymore. So renting is perfect for me.