Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Slow text response = low interest?

A-M-K

Reaction score
Hello guys, this my first post here. Recently I met a girl at a party, chatted a bit and later added her on facebook. Asked her right away out and she agreed. It took her lots of time to reply to my messages though, so I assumed she wasn't very interested.
The date itself seemed to be good however - we went to a bar, spent around 2-3 hours there and we both had fun. I wasn't very aggressive (didn't go for a kiss), but still flirted a bit. She was laughing, gave some positive IOI.
On the next day I sent a follow-up message to say I enjoyed the night and added something playful. She replied once again 4-5 hours later saying that she also had fun, thanked me, etc. One day later I asked her out again for the next night, but she responded with something like "this sounds tempting, but I already have plans for that time".

So I'm not sure whether to give another try now. These slow responses do not seem very promising, I've never had to deal with such before. If I nevertheless decide to ask her out again, how much do you think is reasonable to wait?

A-M-K

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, that's what I thought too (even though her actual messages were a bit longer). Generally I don't send follow-ups, but recently read on several places that it is a good thing to do, especially soon after a date. I guess it is best not to contact again then?

RangerMIke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Low interest... but not because of the slow response. But you asked her out she said no and didn't counter.

Like KingofPuss said, slow response in and of itself isn't enough. The next day follow up message wan't necessary and could have done you more harm than good. Before you do anything ask yourself will this make me seem more attractive. If the answer is no or I don;t know... then don't fvcking do it because it's a waste of time AT BEST.

You need to wait a few days before you try to make another date... Maybe even a couple of weeks. If she says no again without a counter offer... let it go.

A-M-K

Reaction score
Thank you for the replies guys, some really good comments here. Just to close the thread:
-Hey how is your schedule this Thursday-Friday?
-It is not for a date, is it :)?
-It seems not. Have fun spring break.
-Thanks. You too!

nickivanov

Reaction score
Hello guys, this my first post here. Recently I met a girl at a party, chatted a bit and later added her on facebook. Asked her right away out and she agreed. It took her lots of time to reply to my messages though, so I assumed she wasn't very interested.
The date itself seemed to be good however - we went to a bar, spent around 2-3 hours there and we both had fun. I wasn't very aggressive (didn't go for a kiss), but still flirted a bit. She was laughing, gave some positive IOI.
On the next day I sent a follow-up message to say I enjoyed the night and added something playful. She replied once again 4-5 hours later saying that she also had fun, thanked me, etc. One day later I asked her out again for the next night, but she responded with something like "this sounds tempting, but I already have plans for that time".

So I'm not sure whether to give another try now. These slow responses do not seem very promising, I've never had to deal with such before. If I nevertheless decide to ask her out again, how much do you think is reasonable to wait?
Mate don't get down by the slow response, step up your game and be more cut-throat. Read some of these tips about being more seducing http://romancecompass.com/blog/you-and-her-all-the-truth/secrets-of-the-mastering-of-seducing/ I think its a very helpful article

Infern0

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

You need to learn the basics outlined in the DJ bible, I give you credit for asking this girl out but you have made a lot of very basic overpersuit efforts. Just due to a lack of knowledge.

Make that your first priority, studying pua

I would forget about this girl and move on, do NOT text her. If she contacts you, set up another date and make sure you have done your research before it

GeniuzKhrist

Don Juan
Reaction score
Fire and forget, my friend.

It's on you to ask, and her to accept. Doing nothing until she reacts is your only action here

Robert_F

Don Juan
Reaction score
Low to no interest. Something similar happened to me recently. I asked this lady out for lunch and she said yes, asked me to call her while standing there so she would make sure she had my number. We sent text to each other for a few days and had not set a date due to our work schedule conflicts. One day she quit responding. I ran into her and she said she damaged her phone and asked me to call her again so she could regain my number, which I did. She never replied. I moved on.

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Stop sending follow up messages the next day. That's her job. Why are so many men willingly playing the women's role in relationships?? Then guys wonder why they don't get second dates or why her interest faded...

Women want men who act like men...not men who act like women.

Reactions: Von

Von

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Stop sending follow up messages the next day. That's her job. Why are so many men willingly playing the women's role in relationships?? Then guys wonder why they don't get second dates or why her interest faded...

That was my mistake when returned on the dating scène and meet women i wanted to see more than once.

A-M-K

Reaction score

I also was out of the dating scene for a while and wasn't sure whether to do it or not. Searched online for something like "should you send a follow up text after date" and the first 10 suggestions were "yes".

Von

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I also was out of the dating scene for a while and wasn't sure whether to do it or not. Searched online for something like "should you send a follow up text after date" and the first 10 suggestions were "yes".
From my experience, let say you slept with her or kissed her... and you start following up on a ''regular basis aka daily'' you'll lose them.

Sure a followup can be good but I would recommend to wait 1-2 days... or just her to initiate

Yewki

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Think of it this way. What compelling reason is there for the guy to be the first one to follow up after the date, instead of the girl? In theory, none. In reality, desperation.

The girl can follow up, or not. Doesn't matter. Either way the guy will eventually initiate another date if he wants to.

Last edited:

om1xr

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
What's the need for all those complications, just master the law of punish bad behavior and reward good behavior.

you texted her and asked her out and she said No or Maybe: stop giving her attention and time and withdraw bit by bit and so on.

By Punishing bad behavior (Stop giving her attention, stop texting) you will avoid all this drama, rinse and repeat. and when she behave good then you give her your time and attention but don't be a validation ***** and be available 24/7..etc. it ain't rocket science man but I understand your case as being away of the scene for awhile so just spin plates and approach more girls until you get the hang of it again