Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Should you follow your ex on social media after one year?

Plank

Don Juan
Reaction score
What's your opinion guys?

Billtx49

Reaction score
Only a masochist would. It didn’t work out a year ago and was probably emotionally painful. Focused men move on without clinging to nonexistent hope from their past.

In2theGame

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No. For what? to keep tabs?

It's better to just move on. When 2 people break up, many times they move on with their lives and their previous partners are just a memory. On rare occasions, they may reconnect years later but only as as a "Hope all is well" type of thing.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No. Keep her a part of your past and forget she existed as much as possible.

Kotaix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sounds like you want her back.

I still follow my ex on facebook, but it's only because I never unfriended her. She has tried repeatedly to engage with me over the years but I've made it clear that I don't want to talk to her, nor do I care what she's done with her life since then.

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you have enough discipline to not be effected by her I think it can be a learning tool. It can also help confirm you made the right choice. Just don't let it keep you from moving on.

I used to date this super hot girl. Fun personality. Everything about her was perfect. Except she liked the new cahk smell. If she dated a guy longer than a year she married him. When I was with her she claimed 2 ex husbands. In reality there was 3. I followed her on social media for several years later. She eventually burned thru 6 husbands. Watching this play out helped me realize she wasn't as great as I thought. It helped me learn to not get serious with girls like her. I learned the traits to look for in others.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
If you have enough discipline to not be effected by her I think it can be a learning tool. It can also help confirm you made the right choice. Just don't let it keep you from moving on.

I used to date this super hot girl. Fun personality. Everything about her was perfect. Except she liked the new cahk smell. If she dated a guy longer than a year she married him. When I was with her she claimed 2 ex husbands. In reality there was 3. I followed her on social media for several years later. She eventually burned thru 6 husbands. Watching this play out helped me realize she wasn't as great as I thought. It helped me learn to not get serious with girls like her. I learned the traits to look for in others.
And probably was collecting alimony like a MF

TheGambino

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What's your opinion guys?
Dont just don’t. I am such a better man then years ago, my smv is way higher, I learned so much and I believe that I can reatract all women from my past that I fvcked up myself due neediness etc.

But why? Move on man. I have that urge sometimes, to follow one of my old oneitis’.
Cmon man that’s just weakness. They probably moved on. It shows weakness too. Maybe if u run into them and they pursue u can decide but pursuing yourself? I wouldn’t.

Resist, go to the gym, do something else and you forget about that in a bit.

Last edited:

Dr.Suave

Reaction score
I dont see the point unless you want to turn her into a plate

lost_blackbird

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm not on social media. I'm not at all sociable so it seems rather pointless.
Ex wife was and presumably still is, it was one of my main bug bears with her.
She only started on FB and Tiktok etc after we were married. She never went
near any of it before then. Then her phone became the third person in our marriage.
Which in turn caused me to distance myself from her so she could spend time with
what she truly loved, validation from her peer group and complete strangers.

Plinco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Never follow a girl on social media, unless you are anonymous. Following someone is submissive behavior and she will lose respect for you.