Why "Whatever You Want" Keeps You Single

She says the movie looks dumb; you suddenly agree. She tests you with a little attitude; you apologize for nothing.

You think you're being easy to get along with. She reads something else entirely: a man with no edges. Nothing to hold on to. No friction, no tension, no reason to wonder what he really thinks.

The "22 Rules" taught me to push back — playfully, calmly, without needing her approval. Strange things happened after that.

Read more...

Should I complement women on their looks if I am attracted to them?

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 9, 2021
Messages
6,056
Reaction score
4,868
If she's a couple of points below you in SMV, sure. But don't overdo it.
 

Glassguy

Moderator
Joined
Apr 25, 2016
Messages
4,788
Reaction score
8,860
Age
49
Depends. "Nice pic", etc is fine.
You look sexy, hey beautiful.....absolute no nos
 

Chamber36

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 5, 2011
Messages
1,556
Reaction score
286
Location
Amsterdam

Hamurabimbi

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 4, 2018
Messages
4,116
Reaction score
3,610
Location
California
Depends on the context. If it’s work, I’ll usually compliment hair, clothes, nails... unless we’ve got more going on.
Outside of work, anything goes. Most girls love compliment# and attention from guys.
 

“The 22 Rules That Flip the Script With Women… And How You Can Use Them Tonight”

Most guys accidentally kill attraction before they even speak. They assume they need a bigger bank account, a better physique, or smoother lines. They miss the point.

Female desire operates on a specific set of psychological triggers.  Break them, and you're invisible. Follow them, and you become magnetic.

I learned this the hard way. Years of freezing up. Getting friend-zoned. Watching other guys walk away with the girl I wanted. Then I discovered a set of 22 simple rules that rewired my entire approach.

Read more...

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 18, 2015
Messages
10,537
Reaction score
8,538
Age
37
When you complement a girl it's always better to complement something she has control over. Complete something like her fashion/dress-sense or a decision she's made.

If you complement her beauty then that's something she was born with. It's not really an achievement for her.
This is sound advice that has worked well for me. They like when you notice stuff. “Hey beautiful” they hear 200 times a day, thus is meaningless.
 

Josh Davidson

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Mar 21, 2021
Messages
351
Reaction score
140
When you complement a girl it's always better to complement something she has control over. Complete something like her fashion/dress-sense or a decision she's made.

If you complement her beauty then that's something she was born with. It's not really an achievement for her.

You want to complement something that she has done. This sets up a validation loop. If you mix complements with criticism then this validation loop will lead to great sex.
Great post! I will do what you recommended; that is: complement her fashion/dress-sense, and mix complements with criticism.
 

BeExcellent

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 16, 2015
Messages
5,413
Reaction score
7,928
Age
57
Advice from the old lady:

It’s context. If she adores you & has high interest in you then she absolutely wants to hear YOU tell she’s beautiful/sexy/gorgeous
whatever. Then she knows she appeals to YOU who she wants to appeal to. But she has to really be into you.

If she’s on the fence or uncertain then do as @Glassguy suggests. Also, the more objectively desirable you are the more flattery you can get away with...that should be obvious but maybe it isn’t.

That means you gotta know she’s into you by reading the cues in her behavior. And some of you guys need work in the “tea leaves reading” department.
 

ThisIsSparta

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 3, 2020
Messages
981
Reaction score
1,715
Age
48
If she adores you & has high interest in you then she absolutely wants to hear YOU tell she’s beautiful/sexy/gorgeous whatever.
@Josh Davidson
Keep in mind that telling a woman what she wants to hear was the downfall of countless men.

Good looking women hear that **** all day and you will be just one in a line of simps.
Hell, due to the simp-incursion even ugly land whales hear daily how sexy they are by needy men that wanna get lucky.

Compliment women on what they do(for you), not on what they look like.
 

Murk

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 17, 2017
Messages
4,359
Reaction score
3,322
Age
37
Location
London
Nice vag
 

"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

Focal core

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 21, 2017
Messages
1,533
Reaction score
1,203
Age
45
Nearly every heterosexual woman leaves her house in the morning with a secret wish that an appealing man will notice her, and start a conversation. It validates that she's alluring/attractive, and makes her day (and sometimes, her whole week)! Offer a sincere compliment, and notice how it lights her up (and creates opportunity for more contact).you must be an appealing man to her, otherwise its fall on deaf ears.
 

TheCharmingGuy

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Nov 19, 2020
Messages
325
Reaction score
272
Age
29
Location
North Carolina, US
As far as you can go without being creepy. Girls love compliments because they adore attention and will do anything to get it. I made it a point to compliment at least 5 girls every day, and I would punish myself some way if I didn’t meet that goal. This made it good because if I was doing an afternoon jog and I only had 3 compliments racked up, I would be forced to compliment some random other jogger or stranger like that. Really boosts your confidence and makes approaches way easier I would give it a try.
This was before COVID of course so I had to give it up over quarantine but now things are loosening up a bit and I’m trying to dive back in. :)
Also, don’t false compliment. Girls usually notice that and will even get offended rather than reassured when you compliment their hair on a bad hair day.
 

BeExcellent

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 16, 2015
Messages
5,413
Reaction score
7,928
Age
57
Nearly every heterosexual woman leaves her house in the morning with a secret wish that an appealing man will notice her, and start a conversation. It validates that she's alluring/attractive, and makes her day (and sometimes, her whole week)! Offer a sincere compliment, and notice how it lights her up (and creates opportunity for more contact).you must be an appealing man to her, otherwise its fall on deaf ears.
This.

One time I recall turning around after setting some things down in my BF’s bedroom. It was mid afternoon. I turned around to see he was absolutely naked and rock hard. He looked magnificent. I told him so. As I began to undress he told me “I feel that way every time you get undressed. I am captivated by your body & your beauty...”. My jaw dropped. He was so sparing with compliments that I had no idea he felt that way. After almost 3 years.

Ive never forgotten that day and that exchange.

Women yearn to feel beautiful and sexy for the men they desire. Do not be stingy in that department. If she’s into you she will reward you in spades for it.
 

In2theGame

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 17, 2005
Messages
2,190
Reaction score
1,147
Age
43
Location
New York City
This is totally dependent on how confident you say it and the style you say it in. Overall, I will say absolutely Yes.

HOWEVER, I do not recommend complementing a Woman just for the sake of it. There has to be a REASON (wanting to get with her romantically). Dont just say "hey beautiful" and walk away, etc.
 

GreatHornedOwl

Senior Don Juan
Joined
May 11, 2010
Messages
382
Reaction score
313
Age
43
The problem with compliments is they don't raise a woman's attraction for you. It will boost her self-esteem. It will give her added confidence, but you telling her she's beautiful doesn't make you more attractive to her.

In other words, the goal is to make the woman feel a certain way about you, not herself.
 

"She's Out of Your League"

You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.

Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.

She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.

Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.

Read more...

Billtx49

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 23, 2013
Messages
5,989
Reaction score
5,410
Location
DFW
‘You look like you’re in a good mood tonight’, is about as far as I would go…
Doubles as an opener
 

BadBoy89

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 18, 2020
Messages
2,388
Reaction score
2,688
As I began to undress he told me “I feel that way every time you get undressed. I am captivated by your body & your beauty...”. My jaw dropped.
Impressive. But you have to know your audience.

I once told a girl something similar, she pretty much said “you are too desperate complimenting me, you have no one. Go f yourself.”

Women yearn to feel beautiful and sexy for the men they desire. Do not be stingy in that department. If she’s into you she will reward you in spades for it.
Good points.

Yet before anything, the man should ask if the girl is attracted to him. If she says “yes,”, then he can lay it on thick.

Don‘t lay it on thick if she isn’t attracted, you will make a fool out of yourself.
 

Visionist

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 27, 2016
Messages
837
Reaction score
876
Age
38
This thread is like a bunch of millionaires discussing what colour DBS they're gonna buy whilst a homeless guy (not aimed at anyone in particular) looks on.

In other words, if you have to wonder about complimenting women, then don't do it. Work on yourself.
 

“The 22 Rules That Flip the Script With Women… And How You Can Use Them Tonight”

Most guys accidentally kill attraction before they even speak. They assume they need a bigger bank account, a better physique, or smoother lines. They miss the point.

Female desire operates on a specific set of psychological triggers.  Break them, and you're invisible. Follow them, and you become magnetic.

I learned this the hard way. Years of freezing up. Getting friend-zoned. Watching other guys walk away with the girl I wanted. Then I discovered a set of 22 simple rules that rewired my entire approach.

Read more...

Top