Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Should I complement women on their looks if I am attracted to them?

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If she's a couple of points below you in SMV, sure. But don't overdo it.

Glassguy

Reaction score
Depends. "Nice pic", etc is fine.
You look sexy, hey beautiful.....absolute no nos

Chamber36

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Hamurabimbi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Depends on the context. If it’s work, I’ll usually compliment hair, clothes, nails... unless we’ve got more going on.
Outside of work, anything goes. Most girls love compliment# and attention from guys.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When you complement a girl it's always better to complement something she has control over. Complete something like her fashion/dress-sense or a decision she's made.

If you complement her beauty then that's something she was born with. It's not really an achievement for her.
This is sound advice that has worked well for me. They like when you notice stuff. “Hey beautiful” they hear 200 times a day, thus is meaningless.

Josh Davidson

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
When you complement a girl it's always better to complement something she has control over. Complete something like her fashion/dress-sense or a decision she's made.

If you complement her beauty then that's something she was born with. It's not really an achievement for her.

You want to complement something that she has done. This sets up a validation loop. If you mix complements with criticism then this validation loop will lead to great sex.
Great post! I will do what you recommended; that is: complement her fashion/dress-sense, and mix complements with criticism.

BeExcellent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Advice from the old lady:

It’s context. If she adores you & has high interest in you then she absolutely wants to hear YOU tell she’s beautiful/sexy/gorgeous
whatever. Then she knows she appeals to YOU who she wants to appeal to. But she has to really be into you.

If she’s on the fence or uncertain then do as @Glassguy suggests. Also, the more objectively desirable you are the more flattery you can get away with...that should be obvious but maybe it isn’t.

That means you gotta know she’s into you by reading the cues in her behavior. And some of you guys need work in the “tea leaves reading” department.

ThisIsSparta

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If she adores you & has high interest in you then she absolutely wants to hear YOU tell she’s beautiful/sexy/gorgeous whatever.
@Josh Davidson
Keep in mind that telling a woman what she wants to hear was the downfall of countless men.

Good looking women hear that **** all day and you will be just one in a line of simps.
Hell, due to the simp-incursion even ugly land whales hear daily how sexy they are by needy men that wanna get lucky.

Compliment women on what they do(for you), not on what they look like.

Murk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nice vag

Focal core

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nearly every heterosexual woman leaves her house in the morning with a secret wish that an appealing man will notice her, and start a conversation. It validates that she's alluring/attractive, and makes her day (and sometimes, her whole week)! Offer a sincere compliment, and notice how it lights her up (and creates opportunity for more contact).you must be an appealing man to her, otherwise its fall on deaf ears.

TheCharmingGuy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
As far as you can go without being creepy. Girls love compliments because they adore attention and will do anything to get it. I made it a point to compliment at least 5 girls every day, and I would punish myself some way if I didn’t meet that goal. This made it good because if I was doing an afternoon jog and I only had 3 compliments racked up, I would be forced to compliment some random other jogger or stranger like that. Really boosts your confidence and makes approaches way easier I would give it a try.
This was before COVID of course so I had to give it up over quarantine but now things are loosening up a bit and I’m trying to dive back in. :)
Also, don’t false compliment. Girls usually notice that and will even get offended rather than reassured when you compliment their hair on a bad hair day.

BeExcellent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nearly every heterosexual woman leaves her house in the morning with a secret wish that an appealing man will notice her, and start a conversation. It validates that she's alluring/attractive, and makes her day (and sometimes, her whole week)! Offer a sincere compliment, and notice how it lights her up (and creates opportunity for more contact).you must be an appealing man to her, otherwise its fall on deaf ears.
This.

One time I recall turning around after setting some things down in my BF’s bedroom. It was mid afternoon. I turned around to see he was absolutely naked and rock hard. He looked magnificent. I told him so. As I began to undress he told me “I feel that way every time you get undressed. I am captivated by your body & your beauty...”. My jaw dropped. He was so sparing with compliments that I had no idea he felt that way. After almost 3 years.

Ive never forgotten that day and that exchange.

Women yearn to feel beautiful and sexy for the men they desire. Do not be stingy in that department. If she’s into you she will reward you in spades for it.

In2theGame

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is totally dependent on how confident you say it and the style you say it in. Overall, I will say absolutely Yes.

HOWEVER, I do not recommend complementing a Woman just for the sake of it. There has to be a REASON (wanting to get with her romantically). Dont just say "hey beautiful" and walk away, etc.

GreatHornedOwl

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The problem with compliments is they don't raise a woman's attraction for you. It will boost her self-esteem. It will give her added confidence, but you telling her she's beautiful doesn't make you more attractive to her.

In other words, the goal is to make the woman feel a certain way about you, not herself.

Billtx49

Reaction score
‘You look like you’re in a good mood tonight’, is about as far as I would go…
Doubles as an opener

BadBoy89

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As I began to undress he told me “I feel that way every time you get undressed. I am captivated by your body & your beauty...”. My jaw dropped.
Impressive. But you have to know your audience.

I once told a girl something similar, she pretty much said “you are too desperate complimenting me, you have no one. Go f yourself.”

Women yearn to feel beautiful and sexy for the men they desire. Do not be stingy in that department. If she’s into you she will reward you in spades for it.
Good points.

Yet before anything, the man should ask if the girl is attracted to him. If she says “yes,”, then he can lay it on thick.

Don‘t lay it on thick if she isn’t attracted, you will make a fool out of yourself.

Visionist

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This thread is like a bunch of millionaires discussing what colour DBS they're gonna buy whilst a homeless guy (not aimed at anyone in particular) looks on.

In other words, if you have to wonder about complimenting women, then don't do it. Work on yourself.