Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Short Men: Why Women Aren't Attracted Enough to Date Them

Bigpapa

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Most really hot girls I see are not and don't go for masculine men. They go for good looking "boys" who match what they see on social medias. Or men with money, who can afford to pay for everything.
It always was the case

If you think about it, military guys are very masculine but yet they have one of the worst dating life out there

Being masculine is mainly about not supplicating and having your own journey, not whatever most people think

I_have_BDE

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Most really hot girls I see are not and don't go for masculine men. They go for good looking "boys" who match what they see on social medias. Or men with money, who can afford to pay for everything.
When i was in college, university level 2011 to 2013 thr cute girls a lot of them were with the skinny guys, you know video game, video production majors, into anime, hipster stuff. Not fat lazy video game guys but the soy boy hipster types. Again, division 3 school so no 6-3 athletes. Most men normal size. Large urban area private college.

sucks I was too busy with studying and taking it seriously. I was in my late 20s, bit older but everyone thought I was younger. It wasn't a party school as well and less fat girls. I kick myself for not socializing more and going to functions. Probably easily could got an hb 7.5

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
True, girls do that.
Women on the other hand tend to go masculine men, unless they're cougars going after college boys.

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes but nobody wants "women", women are 30+
Men want "girls".
"Women" date masculine men because they don't attract the hot guys anymore.
I disagree.

Not all boys become men when they reach adulthood; a lot of them remain 'guys', i.e. 'adolescents in adult bodies'.
Not all girls become women when they reach adulthood: a lot of them remain similar to guys, adult bodies but simplistic girly mindsets.

It's not really age-related, I dated women of 25 and girls of 40.

Girls, in general, are simplistic and easy to manipulate, that is why a lot of guys go for them. Also, an adult woman acting like a girl can be considered 'cute', but an adult man acting like a boy is often considered immature.

Women, in general, are more rewarding in relationships when you want more than a cvm dumpster, but you have to be more than just a c0ckhound. Women tend to dislike dating 'guys' because most of them are 'childish' and too easy to manipulate. Men are more of a challenge.

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Can you go into detail about what makes you unapologetically masculine?
These days, many masculine men are considered 'toxic' (especially in the U.S.) and feel like they have to apologise for their masculine traits.

IDGAF about other people's opinions. And I sure don't apologise for my masculine traits.

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
R.W Connell, in her book Masculinities (1995), argues that what is important to a meaningful analysis of gender and masculinity is the “…processes and relationships through which men and women conduct gendered lives. ‘Masculinity’, to the extent the term can be briefly defined at all, is simultaneously a place in gender relations, the practices through which men and women engage that place in gender, and the effects of these practices in bodily experience, personality and culture65.

Connell argues that it is important to consider the power relationships between different masculinities as well as their relationships with femininities in order to analyse how these relationships act to reproduce, support or challenge the distribution of power in society. She identifies five categories of masculinities, which have been criticised, and should be regarded as fluid rather than rigid:

Hegemonic masculinities are masculinities that are highly visible, respected, and occupy a position of authority in relation to other masculinities, within a particular setting. Such masculinities may not be the most widespread form, but they are likely to be those most admired, and they represent standards for others. Examples might include decisive business leaders, popular boys in a peer group, and certain sportsmen. Hegemonic masculinities can be seen as dominant in the entire gender order. A successful claim to authority is the mark of hegemony, rather than acts of direct violence, although violence underpins and supports this authority. Hegemony is supported by the production of exemplars - symbols with recognised authority - even though most men cannot live up to the ideal.

Complicit masculinities
To be complicit means to condone or support something, without being actively engaged in it. Complicit masculinities are those that benefit in general from the social dominance of men, while not actively seeking to oppress women. A complicit action would be to deny the existence of inequality or other problems, or merely not to question the way in which gender relations are generally ordered.

Subordinate masculinities
Within the overall framework, there are gender relations of dominance and subordination between groups of men. The most common example is the dominance of heterosexual men and the subordination of homosexual men. From the point of view of hegemonic masculinities, homosexuality is easily assimilated to femininity, and is therefore seen to be inferior. Other examples include men who have made a conscious effort to contest and ‘exit’ from hegemonic and complicit positions, or those whose physical appearance does not conform to standards set by hegemonic exemplars.

Marginalised masculinities
Marginalised masculinities are those that are categorised as different, on the basis of class, ethnicity or status. They may display and enjoy masculine power in certain contexts but are always ultimately compared to the hegemonic norms and images66.

Protest masculinities
Protest masculinities represent a pattern of masculinity constructed in local working-class settings, sometimes among ethnically marginalised men, which embody the same claims to power of typical hegemonic masculinities, but which lack the economic resources and institutional authority which underpin regional and global patterns67

Source: https://www.coe.int/en/web/gender-matters/masculinities#{"67587103":[0]}

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
Not my experience while I was serving and certainly not my experience since serving. It’s also not niche, women like men who are leaders, strong, capable, in shape, confident, dangerous and clean cut; all things that a veteran can be and often is.

I don’t have to even identify myself as such, people often ask. I’d say most well adjusted women are attracted to the attributes listed above. Many have thanked me for my service to my country, serially…

In any case I’m seeing a change, may not be the case elsewhere, but it is here.

It always was the case

If you think about it, military guys are very masculine but yet they have one of the worst dating life out there

Being masculine is mainly about not supplicating and having your own journey, not whatever most people think

Last edited:

Crissco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ill shine in one this since im 5'5, 5'6...Yes it is harder, but I never had an issue. I had sex with about 150 women in my 20s, given I was muscular / athletic, but i also carry myself well with confidence. All of my dads side of the family is 6'0 plus, tallest being 6'6 so thats the world i grew up in, I act like im 6'2 personality wise and how i walk(most of the time except on days im feeling down)...It also comes down to the woman feeling safe around. you. Ive had a lot of women tell me how safe they feel around me. They know I will fight anyone no matter the size IF NEEDED. So im sure that aura helps me out.

One thing i noticed its getting worse in the past 5 years. I was in a relationship for 4 years, got back on tinder and bumble and not getting as many matches as i did 5 years ago when i was single.

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not my experience while I was serving and certainly not my experience since serving. It’s also not niche, women like men who are leaders, strong, capable, in shape, confident, dangerous and clean cut; all things that a veteran can be and often is.
No matter how effeminate society becomes, capable masculine men in authoritative uniforms will always be attractive to women. Combat veteran, airline pilot, secret service agents... And since much of that is in the attitude, most women recognise the combat veterans out of uniform as well.

Even with the transient life in the professional military, most professional soldiers have no trouble finding women and binding them to them, and that won't change in a hurry.

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
There’s no having a discussion about this because it’s a positive for those who have served and most here have not.Therefore, the group will tear it down as untrue or irrelevant. Never mind most of the kids here where brought up to believe that soldiers are just white guys that want to kill brown people in the desert - and therefore it makes their precious little heads blow up to think those evil guys could be attractive to women, when they themselves aren’t.

It’s much like all the skinny-fat dudes refusing to start working out and getting jacked, they don’t want to so they start the whole “women don’t like jacked physiques” discussion line.

Frankly? IDGAF what these kids think - I can only relate what my experience is and sometimes how I got to this place. I hope some of my posts have even helped ONE man here to understand.

No matter how effeminate society becomes, capable masculine men in authoritative uniforms will always be attractive to women. Combat veteran, airline pilot, secret service agents... And since much of that is in the attitude, most women recognise the combat veterans out of uniform as well.

Even with the transient life in the professional military, most professional soldiers have no trouble finding women and binding them to them, and that won't change in a hurry.

BadBoy89

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
im 5'5, 5'6...

I had sex with about 150 women in my 20s,
150 women / 10 years = 15 women / year

15 women / 12 months = 1.25 women / month

You slept with a new woman every month for 10 years with your height? I don't think Leonardo or Brad could do that in their heyday.

We got some serious players in here.

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
That’s not out of the question if you’re doing hookups. Like not remotely, now sustaining it for 10 years? Well that’s up the the man. In my 50’s I’d say I average close to 10 new lays a year…some years better some a little worse: 9/2023 I’ve got 10 under my belt.

Why is this such an affront to you?

Is this the part where you say they’re all warthogs?

You slept with a new woman every month for 10 years with your height? I don't think Leonardo or Brad could do that in their heyday.

Crissco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Look at my post history for a couple of year ago, I was actually hesitant to post in this thread since there are way to many non believers and incel losers on the forum now a days. Anyway, no big deal, you can believe what you want. 1 woman a month is NOTHING, especially when online dating was booming 5-8 years ago. Also fyi no not everyone everymonth. Sometimes its was two in one day ;)

SargeMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I’m 6 feet on the nose and going through quite the dry spell. Had sex 26 times this year which is more than last year but still. Terrible compared to years pruir to then

CAPSLOCK BANDIT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm 6'3" and have been rejected by a 6'0" female because she had a 6'5" minimum requirement. I kid you not. Does she know how many men are 6'5" or taller? Gonna be a long wait.
AND she has to be competitive in that race as well, most women are not used to competing for a man's attention except the ones that always win, women don't handle rejection like men do.