Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Second date apathy - advice for tonight

BJP1991

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
So last Friday I was supposed to have a second date with a girl I met through a mutual friend. First date was fun - just drinks and conversation. She was cute enough and actually had a pretty fun personality.

Two nights before last Friday, she asked to reschedule to this week due to a work party. I went along with it and we moved date 2 to this Friday - tonight.

I personally had a long week and today I’m feeling completely 100% apathetic about seeing her tonight. I simply don’t give a shyte and honestly don’t even know if I find her cute anymore. I simply don’t care to see her, even though I know if I did, it would be an okay time, maybe I’d bring her back to my place even, who knows.

Should I just call it off entirely and cancel? Or go against my apathy and preference to lay low tonight and go out with her?

Im sure others have been here before. She isn’t hot enough to make that alone be enough to want to see her. She’s a 6.5 or 7 on a good day, funny personality, but I simply don’t feel any drive to go out, like I did 1-2 weeks ago after we first met

Thoughts/suggestions? If I bail on her, I’d plan to chill with some homies and do stuff I enjoy with them.

Black Widow Void

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Your next move will be measured... depending on your upbringing (and not justified upon how some women treat men) .
Reneging happens. It's a part of life.
However...
canceling a few hours before a date (that you agreed to) isn't exactly a class move.

Last edited:

BJP1991

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree with the others. Everyone on here complains about women flaking, don't add to that statistic.
So, in general, I agree. However my mindset is already too negative about it, and I believe it would only come to the surface during the date.

To play devil’s advocate: why are men expected to adhere to rules and “Manning up” and holding fast to commitments, yet our female counterparts are not held to the same standards? In the end, we’re all humans - can we not do and say as we please, to serve ourselves better than someone who we barely even know? Call it selfish, but I relate it to being “no more mr nice guy” mentality - I am putting myself first by not following through on a date with a girl, who (1) has done nothing to win me over yet, (2) cancelled/rescheduled on me once already, and (3) is already someone I’d consider being “on the fence about” in the first place, in terms of being someone I want to continue seeing. It’s rude, I get that part.

I find it super ironic at times on this site. We all back each other up, tell each other that “you’re the prize/great catch”, yet if we decide to cancel a date with a girl, we are less than that suddenly?

I’m honestly just looking to hear what you all think. Am I crazy to think this way? Putting myself and my own mindset (not to mention, my money) first, above following through on a commitment to a girl who I genuinely no longer care for?

Am I being too cynical here? Does anyone see what I’m getting at?

I understand men should be “true to their word” but, in reality, it’s 2020 almost. Shouldn’t we be doing what we want, when we want to do it? Rather than conforming to a rule (or in this case, a date) that we aren’t even sure we want to do or even care about anymore? Why do we have this moral obligation to fulfill commitments with women who all to often drop us because their pet snail is trying to get pregnant and tonight’s the only night it will work to meet with the snail breeder? For real, guys. What gives - why are we so black and white here.

Asking for a friend - thanks.

Last edited:

BJP1991

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Maybe she's a great fvck, or maybe not, but there is only one way to find out.
Maybe, but honestly I don’t even care. Is it wrong that I don’t care to find out? I mean, I’ll get laid again soon, just maybe not tonight.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
So, in general, I agree. However my mindset is already too negative about it, and I believe it would only come to the surface during the date.

To play devil’s advocate: why are men expected to adhere to rules and “Manning up” and holding fast to commitments, yet our female counterparts are not held to the same standards? In the end, we’re all humans - can we not do and say as we please, to serve ourselves better than someone who we barely even know? Call it selfish, but I relate it to being “no more mr nice guy” mentality - I am putting myself first by not following through on a date with a girl, who (1) has done nothing to win me over yet, (2) cancelled/rescheduled on me once already, and (3) is already someone I’d consider being “on the fence about” in the first place, in terms of being someone I want to continue seeing. It’s rude, I get that part.

I find it super ironic at times on this site. We all back each other up, tell each other that “you’re the prize/great catch”, yet if we decide to cancel a date with a girl, we are less than that suddenly?

I’m honestly just looking to hear what you all think. Am I crazy to think this way? Putting myself and my own mindset (not to mention, my money) first, above following through on a commitment to a girl who I genuinely no longer care for?

I understand men should be “true to their word” but, in reality, it’s 2020 almost. Shouldn’t we be doing what we want, when we want to do it? Rather than conforming to a rule (or in this case, a date) that we aren’t even sure we want to do or even care about anymore? Why do we have this moral obligation to fulfill commitments with women who all to often drop us because their pet snail is trying to get pregnant and tonight’s the only night it will work to meet with the snail breeder? For real, guys. What gives - why are we so black and white here.

Because as a man you should hold yourself to high standards. What other people allow themselves to do or not do should not factor into what you allow YOURSELF to do. Be better.

GrowingPains

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you really arent feeling up to it then dont go.

Others here, including myself, would probably feel some moral obligation. However, you already seem to have made up your mind about how you feel about her. So why waste either of your time?

Life's too short to givethis any fvcks Just tell her you aren't feeling up for it but it was nice meeting her. Nothing wrong with that. I would overpower my 'moral obligation' on this one.

I think a man is true to himself and honest with others.

GrowingPains

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
People complain about women flaking because they don't have options. So they get really butthurt about it.

Personally, if I get flaked on sure I'll be a bit frustrated. But I'm over it in 20 mins and texting my friends/plates to see what the move is.

Kotaix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You need to make your own choices. What is right for you isn't right for anyone else. As long as you stay true to yourself then that's all that matters because, frankly, no one else really cares.

EyeOnThePrize

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

If I was in your shoes just one of those three reasons is enough for me to cancel the date. You have absolutely no obligation to see someone that you feel isn't up to your standards or is expecting you to do all the legwork when they're doing none themselves.

It sounds like she's a 6-7 AND entitled, expecting you to do all the seduction. I happily let the conversations flop with these types, speaking in statements and leaving them to rekindle my interest. My behavior is what provides them the necessary feedback to change their behavior for the better. This 'moral obligation' bologna that others are shilling in this thread will do the exact opposite. It will only exaserbate her already entitled attitude.

Sometimes you are the one meant to be the constructive feedback in a woman's life. Don't shy away from that, for the sake of all men. It's tough love, and it's much better than resentment and loss of dignity.

Black Widow Void

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Because as a man you should hold yourself to high standards. What other people allow themselves to do or not do should not factor into what you allow YOURSELF to do. Be better.
It would seem redundant if I posted something identical, so I'll just say cheers!

Black Widow Void

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You have absolutely no obligation to see someone that you feel isn't up to your standards or is expecting you to do all the legwork when they're doing none themselves.
Did we overlook the part where he was held at gunpoint; explaining why he made a commitment to her in the first place?

Sometimes you are the one meant to be the constructive feedback in a woman's life.
Yes, it's called "not accepting a date with someone of this nature ... in the first place"

. It's tough love, and it's much better than resentment and loss of dignity.
The only "loss of dignity" I see here is when a guy decides to cancel just hours before he previously committed to the date. It's rare that I'll defend a female, but according to the OP's posting... his gal had the dignity to give him two days notice when she had to cancel. The OP was thoughtless enough to cancel a few hours beforehand.

ubercat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hmm sorry I think you do have to exert yourself. Always remember men built civilization women just live in it. Point is you should take charge of the date. If she s yapping on change the topic. Let free a side of your personality you normally play safe on (as long as it's not your American psycho side). Change the venue. Lead damnit. You r as you train.

EyeOnThePrize

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Did we overlook the part where he was held at gunpoint; explaining why he made a commitment to her in the first place?
What are you referring to and what is your point?

Yes, it's called "not accepting a date with someone of this nature ... in the first place"
Absolutely. But OP is already wading through it.

The only "loss of dignity" I see here is when a guy decides to cancel just hours before he previously committed to the date. It's rare that I'll defend a female, but according to the OP's posting... his gal had the dignity to give him two days notice when she had to cancel. The OP was thoughtless enough to cancel a few hours beforehand.
There is no loss of dignity in being honest with yourself and your date. I can't tell if you're expressing pity for OP's date or if you truly believe he has an obligation to sit around with someone he has no interest in or attraction to. He would be wasting both of their time, how is that a good thing? How is that helping anyone?

What difference does it make whether he cancels 5 minutes before a date or a week out? Where does 'high standard' come into play? When is the cutoff between high and low standard in terms of how soon before the date someone cancels? Are you assuming her understanding of reality is so frail that OP should compensate for it by going on a date he doesn't want to go on? Better question, WHY should he compensate for that?

I fail to see a good argument for going on this date. You and the other posters in this thread do not sound very pragmatic at all, otherwise you would have solid reasons for why he should go. Instead it all seems vague and coming from a place of guilt or pity. I'd argue your mentality is what is fueling women to use men for meals on dates, among other things. If you maintain such an attitude you'll only attract women that are looking to exploit this 'white knight' mentality for their own benefit.

BJP1991

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
He was re-scheduled TWO days in advace due to a work function. Very valid reason. Listen, I don't really care what he does with this chick.

Here is the thing - people that flake on others (and it gets to be a habit) will find themselves friendless, mateless and never reaching their full potential at work. IT SHOWS LACK OF CHARACTER. As I said before, I have an aquaintance, used to be a friend. He flaked on everybody. CONTINUOUSLY. Guess who hangs out with him now? No ONE. People got tired of having their time disrespected.
White knight alert

BJP1991

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I’m amazed everyone is bashing me on my character for cancelling a date with a girl I’m genuinely no longer interested in.

What a fuc**** waste of time to (a) even go on the date in the first place, and (b) trying to reason with you white knights.

There’s like 2 people who are seeing my point - the rest are being white knight crybabies, exerting your fury that you’ve built up after being flaked on by women your entire lives.

So I flaked on a date because I don’t care about the girl. Why the hell would I go on a date, waste my hard-earned time and money, when I truly don’t want to. Who gives a shyte about their “word” to someone who is still a complete stranger, who I have zero attraction to anymore?

Grow up, white knights, and stop having this obsessive moral obligation to “stay true to your word” - you’re following bull**** male doctrine about what we are “expected to do” (aka “be a man” or “man up” - when it is convenient for the women or to her benefit).

Seriously - what gives. I’m suddenly less of a man because I cancel one stupid date? I literally can have a new date, like, tonight, with one of my other plates.

This is why people should leave this forum. Half the time it’s a bunch of white knight washed up older men who, actually, don’t get any pu**y in the real world. You sit and monitor this forum and repeat bull**** doctrine of “being a man” “staying true to your word”, even if it comes to your own detriment? **** that. I do what I want to do.

I’m not hurting for dates to go on. The attitude of holding to your commitment like you’re all screaming about cries “I have no options so I MUST stick to my one commitment I have and not cancel, even if it’s questionable to begin with”. **** that.

Last edited:

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
I’m amazed everyone is bashing me on my character for cancelling a date with a girl I’m genuinely no longer interested in.

What a fuc**** waste of time to (a) even go on the date in the first place, and (b) trying to reason with you white knights.

There’s like 2 people who are seeing my point - the rest are being white knight crybabies, exerting your fury that you’ve built up after being flaked on by women your entire lives.

So I flaked on a date because I don’t care about the girl. Why the hell would I go on a date, waste my hard-earned time and money, when I truly don’t want to. Who gives a shyte about their “word” to someone who is still a complete stranger, who I have zero attraction to anymore?

Grow up, white knights, and stop having this obsessive moral obligation to “stay true to your word” - you’re following bull**** male doctrine about what we are “expected to do” (aka “be a man” or “man up” - when it is convenient for the women or to her benefit).

Seriously - what gives. I’m suddenly less of a man because I cancel one stupid date? I literally can have a new date, like, tonight, with one of my other plates.

This is why people should leave this forum. Half the time it’s a bunch of white knight washed up older men who, actually, don’t get any pu**y in the real world. You sit and monitor this forum and repeat bull**** doctrine of “being a man” “staying true to your word”, even if it comes to your own detriment? **** that. I do what I want to do.

I’m not hurting for dates to go on. The attitude of holding to your commitment like you’re all screaming about cries “I have no options so I MUST stick to my one commitment I have and not cancel, even if it’s questionable to begin with”. **** that.
Then why schedule the date to begin with if you weren't interested? Are you a female who's interest comes and goes in between dates based on how they are feeling at any given moment?

Being a person of good character is being a white knight? OK bro. If you say so.

You can excuse low character behavior if you want to, but at the end of the day you are what your actions say you are. If you show you are a low character individual, then you are a low character individual. Getting upset about it doesn't change that.

BJP1991

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Then why schedule the date to begin with if you weren't interested? Are you a female who's interest comes and goes in between dates based on how they are feeling at any given moment?

Being a person of good character is being a white knight? OK bro. If you say so.

You can excuse low character behavior if you want to, but at the end of the day you are what your actions say you are. If you show you are a low character individual, then you are a low character individual. Getting upset about it doesn't change that.
So cancelling one date makes me low-character because I don’t feel any moral regret about it?

Why schedule the date if I wasn’t sure? Well, I was more certain, before she flaked on me already, didn’t offer to reschedule, so I left it. Two days later she asks to reschedule and I go along with it, knowing I could flake and choose a better date option for the night if the option presented itself (which it actually did, ironically).

I had one of my other plates over for a movie last night instead. Way better decision - saved my time and money, and still spent the evening with someone I actually wanna hangout with. Not a borderline 6.5-7 who, in my opinion, was way too “curious” about my past relationships on our first date.

Listen - a lot of people here clearly care about being a “good person”. I like that - it’s a good thing. However we can’t ALWAYS be good people and satisfy EVERYONE in life.

Again, this person is abiding by some ingrained doctrine that men must stay “true to their word” and “hold to their commitments, even if it comes at their own fault/loss”. Im sorry, but I don’t always 100% of the time agree with this. That’s how you act in a scarcity mindset - like you have zero other options - like this girl I cancelled on is my “one chance at true love” and my only chance to get laid. Stop thinking that way.