Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Red marks from squats

jive

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I have been getting these every week for a few months now. After I do squats I get red marks (popped blood vessels I suppose) on my traps. How do I prevent them?

chim_chim

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You could either:

A. Pad the bar
B. Use your arms more so the weight is distributed partially on your arms rather than all on your traps
C. Not worry about it

bigforearms

Don Juan
Reaction score
Using your arms is a big no-no.

You can pad the bar or you can lower the weight. Really, what you should be doing is not worrying about it. Padding the bar is for pussies.

Soshyopathe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, don't pad the bar. You want the weight as close to your body as possible for better control and drive. Make sure you tilt your head back over the bar. This prevents trap markings, but I can't explain why.

bigforearms

Don Juan
Reaction score
If you're lifting heavy, there's nothing that'll prevent the red marks (except maybe a pad, but again, I dont' recommend it). They're just a fact of squatting. Suck it up.

DIESEL

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by bigforearms
If you're lifting heavy, there's nothing that'll prevent the red marks (except maybe a pad, but again, I dont' recommend it). They're just a fact of squatting. Suck it up.
Word. Your traps ARE YOUR PADS.

Amorican23

Don Juan
Reaction score
yeah you'll get used to it eventually...pretty soon you wont even notice it. try doing some heavy good mornings (300+ lbs)...they leave a mark.

DJ de Florida

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A pad changes the weight distrubtion on your body. Red marks are normal. But make sure you don't feel pain. Read up on how the powerlifters hold the bar. There are so many things that people don't understand in squatting (like blocking).......

Gangster Of Love

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Padding the bar is for pussies.

Haha.

Yes, once you get used to it, the marks won't happen anymore. Don't even worry about it. Unless you are getting them from squating light weight.

bigforearms

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by DJ de Florida
A pad changes the weight distrubtion on your body. Red marks are normal. But make sure you don't feel pain. Read up on how the powerlifters hold the bar. There are so many things that people don't understand in squatting (like blocking).......

I AM a powerlifter (and a decent one at that). And if I'm going heavy, I get red marks. There's no way to avoid them.

DJ de Florida

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I AM a powerlifter (and a decent one at that). And if I'm going heavy, I get red marks. There's no way to avoid them.
Right. I wasn't implying powerlifters don't get red marks, but that the lifters know their shyt on proper techniques........