Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Reasons on why Hypergamy is extremely overblown

Reaction score
1). To get your GF or ONS, you more than likely beat out a higher SMV guy.

If Hypergamy is so bad then why didn’t your girl choose you over Kyle, Muhammad, or the Tyrone in her friendzone? Could they have had relations before? Sure, but none of that matters now because she picked you! We think what a girl is attracted to is extremely linear when it is far from it tbh. Not every girl finds Brad Pitt attractive.

2). Girls have to compete for higher SMV men.

Y’all make it seem like a girl can just goto the grocery store and find a high smv. Incorrect, that high SMV guy is more than likely not single, can’t stay faithful, or has 10 different girls fighting for them.
Furthermore, that guy has to find her attractive and actually approach her.

3). It’s dating version of The Lost Cause Fallacy.

The Confederates & Nazis are really famous for this fallacy. The lost cause preserves defeat in the best possible light. For example, instead of admitting that you lost because of your mistakes, you blame it on unbeatable circumstances. In this case, instead of blaming yourself for losing frame, crappy attitude, loss in income, failing to validate properly beforehand, and etc, you just blame hypergamy to make yourself feel better.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
1). To get your GF or ONS, you more than likely beat out a higher SMV guy.

If Hypergamy is so bad then why didn’t your girl choose you over Kyle, Muhammad, or the Tyrone in her friendzone? Could they have had relations before? Sure, but none of that matters now because she picked you! We think what a girl is attracted to is extremely linear when it is far from it tbh. Not every girl finds Brad Pitt attractive.
She either hasn’t met Chad yet or he already pumped and dumped her. Or for some of us, we are Chad to her.

2). Girls have to compete for higher SMV men.

Y’all make it seem like a girl can just goto the grocery store and find a high smv. Incorrect, that high SMV guy is more than likely not single, can’t stay faithful, or has 10 different girls fighting for them.
Furthermore, that guy has to find her attractive and actually approach her.
Correct. Though this actually proves hypergamy is a thing.

3). It’s dating version of The Lost Cause Fallacy.

The Confederates & Nazis are really famous for this fallacy. The lost cause preserves defeat in the best possible light. For example, instead of admitting that you lost because of your mistakes, you blame it on unbeatable circumstances. In this case, instead of blaming yourself for losing frame, crappy attitude, loss in income, failing to validate properly beforehand, and etc, you just blame hypergamy to make yourself feel better.
This should actually be applied to women. She’s still with her average guy because he has significant time in. Eggs are expensive and sperm is cheap. Women do their due diligence before monkey branching. Jumping from AFC to Chad is anything but safe, and women are security seeking creatures.

eli77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Interesting thread in any case the guy has to put his best foot forward practice good grooming habits get close that fit workout and validate right off the bat

DonJuanjr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Jumping from AFC to Chad is anything but safe, and women are security seeking creatures.
Yeah, but getting impregnated by chad/tyrone on the side and making you think it's yours isn't as risky. Since most men don't demand paternity tests...

sangheilios

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You can do everything right and be in your best possible life at any giving time and still lose the girl. Its part of life guys and also part of being an adult.
Hypergamy is not a strait jacket.
I've seen countless examples of women chasing after losers and rejecting or leaving high quality men. I personally don't buy into this women chasing high smv men and all of that, I can cite tons of examples that show quite the opposite.

Solomon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've seen countless examples of women chasing after losers and rejecting or leaving high quality men. I personally don't buy into this women chasing high smv men and all of that, I can cite tons of examples that show quite the opposite.
The term "high quality men" is highly subjective

I would say women are chasing "High attractive men" you don't have to be a quality guy to be a drug dealer, a hobosexual, a bum nor are millionaires, rich guys etc high-quality men nesscarily. If she finds you attractive then bingo

sangheilios

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The term "high quality men" is highly subjective

I would say women are chasing "High attractive men" you don't have to be a quality guy to be a drug dealer, a hobosexual, a bum nor are millionaires, rich guys etc high-quality men nesscarily. If she finds you attractive then bingo
I'm 6'4" and ripped, I had a woman a few years back tell me I was "gross" but yet she's been in a relationship since then with a man that is over 300 pounds and totally broke/unemployed. I've seen women grow bored of good men and chase after losers because it excites them, both men were roughly equal in regards to attractiveness. Most women today have terrible mate selection abilities, which is why we see this so often.

Solomon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm 6'4" and ripped, I had a woman a few years back tell me I was "gross" but yet she's been in a relationship since then with a man that is over 300 pounds and totally broke/unemployed. I've seen women grow bored of good men and chase after losers because it excites them, both men were roughly equal in regards to attractiveness. Most women today have terrible mate selection abilities, which is why we see this so often.
Lol I don't believe this, how does a girl go from a ripped 6'4 guy to a 300Ib guy?

sorry bro if it was in reverse sure but this doesn't make any sense unless the girl was a mugger (ugly) to begin with, typically girls who date athletic guys don't then jump to fat guys unless she is a sugar baby or some shyt

sangheilios

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lol I don't believe this, how does a girl go from a ripped 6'4 guy to a 300Ib guy?

sorry bro if it was in reverse sure but this doesn't make any sense unless the girl was a mugger (ugly) to begin with, typically girls who date athletic guys don't then jump to fat guys unless she is a sugar baby or some shyt
We weren't dating, she rejected me but chose the other guy, I honestly wasn't all that interested in her anyway. Some women prefer "fixer uppers" or have a specific type that goes against this idea that all they do is chase "Chad".

A few years back I recall this clueless single mother, one that clearly had some legitimate misandry. Anyway, she didn't understand that a man that was alcohol/drug sober and was productive/normal and did well for himself was a good mate choice. Women like this are clearly broken but their mate choice is often related to them as individuals. I personally have a theory that women that are very insecure or feel that they don't deserve happiness tend to cling to unhealthy relationships with maladjusted men. I've noticed this especially with women who grew up with an absent father. However, I've also seen women like this get hurt enough where they start dating simps and weak men that they are relatively abusive and controlling towards, it's simply a response to what they were initial attracted to that burnt them.

Solomon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
We weren't dating, she rejected me but chose the other guy, I honestly wasn't all that interested in her anyway. Some women prefer "fixer uppers" or have a specific type that goes against this idea that all they do is chase "Chad".

A few years back I recall this clueless single mother, one that clearly had some legitimate misandry. Anyway, she didn't understand that a man that was alcohol/drug sober and was productive/normal and did well for himself was a good mate choice. Women like this are clearly broken but their mate choice is often related to them as individuals. I personally have a theory that women that are very insecure or feel that they don't deserve happiness tend to cling to unhealthy relationships with maladjusted men. I've noticed this especially with women who grew up with an absent father. However, I've also seen women like this get hurt enough where they start dating simps and weak men that they are relatively abusive and controlling towards, it's simply a response to what they were initial attracted to that burnt them.
I do agree with you on this, and it makes sense you see some beautiful women with losers and wonder why and it's because of childhood or past trauma

Oh well mate her loss you dodged a bullet

DonJuanjr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been contemplating this topic from personal observation currently... If a woman doesn't choose the "alpha" it could still be hypergamy in action. It just depends where the female is at, with her priorities...

I have a female friend who rejected a gym bro that had a good stable job. 50-80k. She rejected him due to his neediness, although she admitted she felt uncomfortable that he had many females as friends on his social media. Proclaimed he used to be a fvck boy.

She's bent out of shape over a guy that's lower value looks wise, still beta, but obviously not as successful with women. She is late 30s. I think she's prioritizing provider traits... Both guys were providers/beta, though one was deemed less secure due to amount of female friends triggering her competition anxiety.

So essentially she chose the bigger beta of the two, and now that dude had enough of her shjt, and rejected her, she's doing the typical meme barrage of feelings, and complaints, toxic men etc...

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Women are more often than not so rational when it comes to who they pick. They are fueled by their feelings.

When a male who is typically rational minded tries to understand why an irrational creature picks who she does, he will often arrive at the wrong conclusion.

Be the best version of you and put it on the line. If they like it great, if not then it's next. Keep at it long enough and you will win more times than you lose. There are no short cuts.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
What are the stages?

In my experience, women are always looking for commitment from a high value man. When they are younger, and due to male thirst, the options make it harder to choose. She’s also more naive and confused, liable to make bad decisions that she’ll regret when she’s older.

As women approach their mid 20’s they have a quarter life crisis, and then a mid-life crisis in their late 20’s. if she hasn’t secured someone by this stage she’s condemned herself to bitter spinsterhood, useless to all men of value because she’s used up, low trust and jaded.
I mean after being in a relationship that doesn't work with one kind of guy, they often will end up with the polar opposite type of guy.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
They cycle between alphas and betas. They feel unsafe with alphas and bored with betas. They just bounce between the 2
And they lean towards alphas in the summer (although it's winter now for you).

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Beta provisioning may become popular again as loaves of bread soon reach 100 dollars. Gotta love the globalists. The party is over soon.
I'm thinking that many of them will get desperate, I can sense them trying harder to lock men down online (not responding to game as much). I'm hoping a good number will say F it and want to live it up while they can.

The World Economic Forum people do seem to be getting desperate.

Murk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm 6'4" and ripped, I had a woman a few years back tell me I was "gross" but yet she's been in a relationship since then with a man that is over 300 pounds and totally broke/unemployed.
You might be 6'4 and ripped but you're also bald, middle eastern looking and give off psycho energy if I remember your pictures correctly.

Dash Riprock

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hypergamy, though an actual term, is mostly a self-preservation excuse for the guys that don't have what it takes to get and keep a good woman.

Most will wet the bed about higher value males. Yes, if a woman leaves you for another man, most of the time he is higher value. But in the vast majority of the cases, the higher value he has is mostly intangible: confidence, charisma, goals, drive, ambition, and communication skills (which 80-90% of all guys lack). It's rarely about the tangible value he has like money, car, house, whatever.

And if your woman did leave you for the tangible high value guy, then you don't know how to pick a decent woman.

Good luck.
Dash

Murk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hypergamy, though an actual term, is mostly a self-preservation excuse for the guys that don't have what it takes to get and keep a good woman.

Most will wet the bed about higher value males. Yes, if a woman leaves you for another man, most of the time he is higher value. But in the vast majority of the cases, the higher value he has is mostly intangible: confidence, charisma, goals, drive, ambition, and communication skills (which 80-90% of all guys lack). It's rarely about the tangible value he has like money, car, house, whatever.

And if your woman did leave you for the tangible high value guy, then you don't know how to pick a decent woman.

Good luck.
Dash
100, communication skills and being a grounded human being is very overlooked. Women don't need as much as we think to be happy.

Dash Riprock

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
100, communication skills and being a grounded human being is very overlooked. Women don't need as much as we think to be happy.
What 90% of all men, even the ones who are older, don't get is that women strive for connection above almost all else. Yes, looks, stability, earning potential, and other things all count for obvious reasons, but women are very relationship-oriented and want a man they can communicate with and one that gets them.

Some guys will claim, yeah, well I know this women who only dates rich, tall, 9.9 looking, Lambo driving, bla, bla...guys. Yes, agreed. But there have also been guys in the NBA who were shorter than me (I'm 5'8). Just not that many.