Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Power in a relationship and ultimatums about marriage etc

dude99

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When a women sets ultimatums about marriage having children and buying property together how does a man regain the power without agreeing to such demmands if it’s not war he wants. Is the only option to walk away and start a fresh with someone else? I’m not sure I’m ever cut out for such commitments
When a girl sets ultimatums in a relationship she is setting up for control or a fight. Women love conflict in relationships, it is the reason 93% of fights between couples, are picked by the female. Females love conflict.

Now ask yourself would she like it if you set ultimatums with her? Probably not. She would call that unreasonable, she would say you are being controlling, abusive.

Suddenly you would be the bad guy, it would be bad behaviour, but for some reason we skip bad behaviour in woman too many times. We make excuses for it and it only gets worse and worse.

When they resort to ultimatums you dump them immediately. No exceptions. Then watch them back peddle and try to smooth things over when they realize you have a backbone.

Guys i always preach this, " never reward her bad behaviour. You are asking for trouble if you do.

Kotaix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
good job. why do they want a house, is it really that they plan to take it, or is it a status competition with other women? clearly other dudes will not care if she owns a house or not...
In my opinion, it's instinctual, and has more to do with feeling safe and secure. Women don't have the ability to defend themselves from physical attack and traditionally they stayed at home not building a career, so if the relationship ended or the man died she would be out on the street with no way to make ends meet. And I don't think it has to do with any nefarious plans of taking it if the relationship sours if she is a good person. A man should be vetting against this from day one.

Status competition is a human trait, but personally I stay far away from women who act like this. Unless she's out there making tons of her own money and paying for it herself without going into unreasonable debt, any woman who needs and/or demands to have a nicer house or car than her friends or neighbors is BAD news and you should never live with her.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In my opinion, it's instinctual, and has more to do with feeling safe and secure. Women don't have the ability to defend themselves from physical attack and traditionally they stayed at home not building a career, so if the relationship ended or the man died she would be out on the street with no way to make ends meet. And I don't think it has to do with any nefarious plans of taking it if the relationship sours if she is a good person. A man should be vetting against this from day one.

Status competition is a human trait, but personally I stay far away from women who act like this. Unless she's out there making tons of her own money and paying for it herself without going into unreasonable debt, any woman who needs and/or demands to have a nicer house or car than her friends or neighbors is BAD news and you should never live with her.
Once again, those are modern day "Bathshebas". It's a type that will NEVER be happy, and it's destroyed millions of men in this country alone. Man should NEVER lead with is wallet. Man must always ensure "giving" is equally yoked.