please help

bennyboy

Reaction score
i am a sophomore in hs. a senior girl asked me to prom and i said yes. i have absolutely no idea what i am doing. how do i prepare. can anybody help!

The Experience

Don Juan
Reaction score
Isn't prom more than 5 months from now? I wouldn't stress myself out over what to do, it's still very early and things will change.

Things you'll need:

Clothes (Tux)
Vehicle
Corsage
Tickets
Before plan (Restaurant?)
After plan (Party?...etc.)

bennyboy

Reaction score
i know its a while away, but i have a problem of waiting til the last minute to do things, which probably isnt a good idea.

OamImrsNemo

Don Juan
Reaction score
The Exp. Gave some good starting tips. But you should be more specific on what you want to know.

bennyboy

Reaction score
basically everything. i need to know what to do to prepare, get everything planned, who pays for what.....

NorwegianDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah man. If you actually tried to help yourself here, and break this down, we could help you.

Pdizzzzzzle

Don Juan
Reaction score
Prom in itself is really more for the girls than the guys. In fact, for us it's usually pretty easy, I'm going off the list posted by the Experience:

Clothes (Tux): Do this like a month before prom(make sure enough time to get it tailored)Basically you need a tux. Don't go too formal (not like black and white). At prom last year I went to men's wearhouse and talked with this guy Randy. He was pretty much the chillest guy ever; and he helped me figure out what was popular at the time because he had helped so many kids earlier in the year. Basically, ask those guys for help, they know what they're doing (most of the time).

Vehicle- She asked you, she can take care of it. Probably she'll want a limo or something with her friends. If not just pick her up (do you have your licence as a sophomore?)

Corsage_ Usually like two or three weeks before prom. Find out the color of her dress. Go to your local florist and tell them you want a wristlet thing (I still don't know the proper term, but they'll know what you mean) and tell them you want it to match her dress. They'll take care of the rest.

Tickets-Buy tickets from your school....need I say more?

Before plan (Restaurant?)For me, a group of guys all met at one kids house for pictures and dinner. IMO, its better than a "romantic dinner" with just the two of you because itll loosen you up and give you confidence since your with friends
After plan (Party?...etc.)Party like theres no tomorrow.

Good luck and remember to have fun. Soo many guys freak out. Just chill, every high school kid is in the same boat as you. Just dance your ass off, have fun, and get laid ;)

~Pdizzzzzzle