Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Ok I called her and she didn't pick up, then I texted her what I wanted to say

pikachu69

Don Juan
Reaction score
The HB I had a 1st date with last week who i got nervous with at the end and asked her out for valentines i finally called just now. As expected, she didn't pick up. I thought maybe I'd still have a shot if she answered but she didn't and I already had a text prepared. critique please if you will:

originally i was just going to send a text and no call, but i felt i had to take the risk that she might answer and could rebuild rapport like how i got her out on the 1st date. anyway i called, then 4 mins later sent the text (i just wanted it to seem i wrote it straight after the call)

'hey sorry haven't been in touch, i been really busy and out alot but dont worry i haven't forgot about u. expect a msg from me tomorrow detailing our next meet. trust me, you'll love it.'

i dont plan to send the next text tomorrow, i'm just testing to see her interest (if any) first.

if i dont get any response to this text above should i not bother sending the next text?

i was hoping given that she wont answer my call, this text my intrigue her just a little bit especially if i dont send the text tomorrow and just no contact for a while, it might be all in vain but i got nothing to lose.

Isko

Don Juan
Reaction score
You might as well send the next text no matter what. You kinda said you would.

This is a haaard lesson to learn, but quit caring about what she's thinking. Just do what you want to do. Focus on what you wanna do and SHUT OFF the part of your brain that tries to figure out what is inside her head.

Ever read David X? His rules are:
1. Stop worrying about what she thinks or what she's thinking.
2. You are the most important person in the relationship.

He seemed misogynistic to me at first, but then I came to realize that he's just being HONEST. It's manipulative to try to figure out what someone else is thinking, and to try to change their mind. We might call it being considerate or something, but it's ultimately no good. It's MUCH more fun for you to be this way, and it puts smiles on girls' faces! Let her think for herself; your guesses at what she's thinking are wrong and boring.

Just thought I'd throw that philosophy out there, because it looks like you need to learn that lesson.

BTW, any time you want to know what she's thinking, either ask her, or just stop caring. If you (or most guys) followed this rule, you'd be asking her CONSTANT QUESTIONS: "Am I good looking enough to have sex with you?" "Am I better than your last boyfriend?" "Am I boring you?"

Obviously that would be VERY INSECURE and would drive her away because it would be ****ing ANNOYING!!! If you wouldn't say it out loud, you shouldn't think it. Not even because it will make you better with women if you don't have those insecurities in your head. It will make you HAPPIER because you will be enjoying yourself instead of worrying! This is what it means to be yourself and stop giving a ****.

kingsam

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
id wait and see what she says (if she sends it that is) - if shes into you then you hold ing back a little wont hurt you - challenge!
a little unconfortable that she has the current power in this dynamic as she basically said to wait for her text tho...

jonwon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm afraid her interest is probably not that high.

Dont take it personnally, there could be 1000's of reasons why and none of them to do with you.

The best thing you can do is keep opening the numbers.

The time invested in this chick could be better spent getting a girl who's interest is so high she hangs by the phone for you to ring.

If a girl does not return your call, it is not a good sign.

Props for the text, but I feel you should probably pass on this one, it's a shi* when this happens but just remember every guy goes through this, it's part of playing the game.

Kailex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Isko said:
You might as well send the next text no matter what. You kinda said you would.[\QUOTE]

That's EXACTLY why I think he SHOULDN'T send the next text.
If she's interested, she'll text back asking what your idea was... if she is REALLY low IL, she won't even care about finding out what your "idea" is and then, you have your answer.

Women are nosy, they'll try to find out, even if it means that she just wants to find out what it is and then go back to low IL.

If she asks why you haven't told her your idea, just play it off as to being busy or just plain forgetting. If you DO send the text, she'll just know that you are anxious to get back to her about going out and there is NO mystery. By withholding the text, you at least intrigue a little... although I think this pretty low IL and you might want to move on either way.

pikachu69

Don Juan
Reaction score
jonwon said:

Dont take it personnally, there could be 1000's of reasons why and none of them to do with you.

The time invested in this chick could be better spent getting a girl who's interest is so high she hangs by the phone for you to ring.

Props for the text, but I feel you should probably pass on this one, it's a shi* when this happens but just remember every guy goes through this, it's part of playing the game.
It's my fault really, i got flamed on my other thread for acting nervous and desperate towards the end of the date.

it's just frustrating for me cos it's hard work picking up, not the act of picking up but finding HBs and them actually speaking to you. cold approaches aren't good for self esteem if you keep getting knocked back and i was fortunate to end up at a proper plush house party full of sophisticated gorgeous women 2 weeks ago. that won't happen again anytime soon so im kind of in a bind where it comes to picking up, although im going to the bars where they usually hang out tomorrow but they're quite stuck up in that environment so opening is not easy.

it's a shame these HBs cut u off where they wont take your call or just want to be friends so u can meet their friends. if i call to just be a friend, they think im pursuing still. when its over u might as well friendzone to try to get to their friends but you're cut off.

likewise i'm more angry than normal cos i had 3 options, i f'd up with the 1st one, this 1 above i went on a date with, and the 3rd who was really into me at that same party isn't responding to my date arrangement for some reason and i have no idea why.

i know u shouldn't try to guess what's going in their mind, just accept they're not interested, but it doesn't make sense how she was so into me, and even 2 days ago replied (mutedly) to my text yet didn't even bother to reply to the date text yesterday, it just seems rude, which tells me she's seeing someone already.

even if she is, how many times do girls come back to contact u later on like a month down the line?

even the above average HB has so many options that you'll just be forgotten about. i dont want to be kept around for attention so i'll give the other 1 (not this 1) 1 more call and maybe a voice message then cut it off. i need to learn to respect myself more.

Voice

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
If she didn't answer your call then don't text her or call her again. Just forget about her. I know you may want to text or call her real bad, but DON'T do it. If she is interested at all, she'll contact you. I'm pretty sure she has the feature on her phone that tells her what missed calls she had. If she even has a little interest in you, she'll wonder why you didn't call back and the more she thinks about you, the more her interest will build. If she has no interest than forget about her because she won't call back.

pikachu69

Don Juan
Reaction score
Do you think I should bother sending the 2nd text by the way? I said expect a text from me tomorrow but I did partly to test the water to see if she was receptive, now I'm just trying psychological tactics to try to see if it intrigues her enough to wonder why I didn't send it but I guess it would take acouple days for that to sink in and even then she'd need some interest in the 1st place still. I guess I should just send it tomorrow
jonwon said:

Forty0ztoFreedom

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Its over. Not even because of her actions/inactions (though they clearly point to this), but look at your own mindset. You know where this is headed.

Ease

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
For future reference, the perfect text to send would have been:

'Ill text you tomorow'

pikachu69

Don Juan
Reaction score
Kailex said:
Isko said:
You might as well send the next text no matter what. You kinda said you would.[\QUOTE] the thing is the next text is. A 3 option text. 1 of which is a mystery surprise as option c) the idea was to raise even more interest by using it tho if her interest is so low it won't matter. How long would u say it might take for her to ask me what it is?

If she's interested, she'll text back asking what your idea was... if she is REALLY low IL, she won't even care about finding out what your "idea" is and then, you have your answer.

Women are nosy, they'll try to find out, even if it means that she just wants to find out what it is and then go back to low IL.

If she asks why you haven't told her your idea, just play it off as to being busy or just plain forgetting. If you DO send the text, she'll just know that you are anxious to get back to her about going out and there is NO mystery. By withholding the text, you at least intrigue a little... although I think this pretty low IL and you might want to move on either way.

Commandante

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Rollo Tomassi said:
In POOK's inimitable words, Rejection is better than Regret.

Emails, IMs and TXTs - I should also add lengthy phone conversations to this list as well, but really any technology that seemingly increases comunication serves as a buffer (for both genders) the more it limits interpersonal communication. In the AFC case, the rationalization is that it keeps him in constant contact with his sex interest (which in and of itself is a mistake), but only serves as a buffer against her rejection. The latent peception being that it's easier to read a rejection (or hear one) than to potentially be rejected in person.
Read this and stop the fvckin´ texting!

pikachu_69

Don Juan
Reaction score
Kailex said:
Isko said:
You might as well send the next text no matter what. You kinda said you would.[\QUOTE]

i understand what you're saying however my follow on text was suppose to intrigue more as it consisted of 3 options:

'hey there, soz for not sending this yest, i was out. anyway you have 3 options: a)we go for another drink (you'll really love where..) b)we go shopping (dont get too excited, it's for me, not you! haha or c)the mystery surprise option... choose wisely. Day: Sunday. let me know your decision by tonight or i'll make other plans for Sun.'

would this not intrigue her more just out of curiousity and her being nosy?

or would i still lose the mystery as you said and it looks anxious that i want to get back to her about going out?

i meant it as a follow on too intrigue even though the interest is low. i guess i dont need to send it tomorrow i could send it next week, if she doesn't contact me. i dont think a 'trust me, you'll love it' is sufficient enough for her to query what it is but the above gives more details but still not enough info about option c) would that not give more mystery to what i had planned or does it seem i've gone to way too much effort?

jonwon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
pikachu69 said:
It's my fault really, i got flamed on my other thread for acting nervous and desperate towards the end of the date.

it's just frustrating for me cos it's hard work picking up, not the act of picking up but finding HBs and them actually speaking to you. cold approaches aren't good for self esteem if you keep getting knocked back and i was fortunate to end up at a proper plush house party full of sophisticated gorgeous women 2 weeks ago. that won't happen again anytime soon so im kind of in a bind where it comes to picking up, although im going to the bars where they usually hang out tomorrow but they're quite stuck up in that environment so opening is not easy.

it's a shame these HBs cut u off where they wont take your call or just want to be friends so u can meet their friends. if i call to just be a friend, they think im pursuing still. when its over u might as well friendzone to try to get to their friends but you're cut off.

likewise i'm more angry than normal cos i had 3 options, i f'd up with the 1st one, this 1 above i went on a date with, and the 3rd who was really into me at that same party isn't responding to my date arrangement for some reason and i have no idea why.

i know u shouldn't try to guess what's going in their mind, just accept they're not interested, but it doesn't make sense how she was so into me, and even 2 days ago replied (mutedly) to my text yet didn't even bother to reply to the date text yesterday, it just seems rude, which tells me she's seeing someone already.

even if she is, how many times do girls come back to contact u later on like a month down the line?

even the above average HB has so many options that you'll just be forgotten about. i dont want to be kept around for attention so i'll give the other 1 (not this 1) 1 more call and maybe a voice message then cut it off. i need to learn to respect myself more.
Though being nervous is not good, it's not a deal breaker.

I believe rather then you not conforming to set of rules, the reality is alot simplier. She has other shi* going on.

I've been nervous with girls in the past and it's not harmed me, but then again i've been out with girls and preformed perfectly and their interest has still been low.

Think of it like this:

Telling a girl a joke.

It's a lot similier; if a girl has high interest she laughs at your stupid jokes, if the girl has low interest she will look at you like a two headed alien even if you lay down your ultimate joke.

I have found that to be 100% true. And similier for yourself.

No matter what you do, if the girl is just not that into you, it wont work.

On the other hand if the girl has high interest, she will forgive and ignore or not even notice blips.

How do you meet a girl with high interest. It is really simple; you open the numbers. Thinking too deeply about this stuff, just set's constraints on your mind.

You need to remove all the garbage like slotting into conformity and simply go out there and have fun. That is another point, if you take this shi* too seriously, you come across desperate and weak. You need to flow, become natural, have it all come together, relax and have fun! People are attracted to other people who look like the know how to have fun and have a postive mental attitude, it's magnetic.

Don't get hung up on the rejections, it's probably the worst thing you can do, and don't think you need to preform monkey tricks either.

Try to build your confidence, become comfortable in yourself and learn to really love yourself like an arogant as*hole. Then go talk to some chicks, if they blow you in you say "her loss". Dont dwell on it, because that shi* can fuc* you up.

Your going through a low point, it's normal to feel a little down and defeated. But trust me on this, everyguy goes through this, EVERYONE.

Alot of guys talk about mystery on here, the guy was a long haired skinny, emo looser and couldn't get a fuc* if his life depended on it. But he developed internally more than externally.

And that is the secret, become comfortable in your own skin, try to remove the fear, the negative stigma of talking to girls. Have fun, believe in yourself and try to maintain a postive mental attitude, it is far sexier then any PUA tips and tricks, which are designed to help you to find your inner confident Alpha guy anyway and are simply props designed to help you create false confidence in talking to a girl.

Just do it, relax have fun. Take the mick out of girls, like you do your male friends, dont force it, become natural, have a good time. This i feel is your problem, you expect an outcome, because you've done a set of rules and followed a guide. This isn't Ikea!

I believe your a smart guy, probably a large IQ. And I know, that can be a burden to some guys in the dating scene, why? Because they look at dating like reading a text book on how to programme a PC, if you follow ABC, you get EFG. It isn't that simple and you will find, when you discover your inner self respect and learn to really love who you are to a degree where by your almost arrogant, it will all flow.

You will develop standards, you will judge a women accordingly, you will become the prize, not because a forum tells you to be one, because internally you know you ARE ONE!

All the tips, tricks and advice wont work if you dont have the internal stuff going on. A guy I know opened up 100 girls and got nothing out of it, why? Because his internal state is wrong, he hasn't discovered his inner game and that is more important than a sticking plaster which are PUA tricks or tips.

Find your inner game first and for-most.

pikachu_69

Don Juan
Reaction score
jonwon said:
Though being nervous is not good, it's not a deal breaker.

I believe rather then you not conforming to set of rules, the reality is alot simplier. She has other shi* going on.

I've been nervous with girls in the past and it's not harmed me, but then again i've been out with girls and preformed perfectly and their interest has still been low.

Think of it like this:

Telling a girl a joke.

It's a lot similier; if a girl has high interest she laughs at your stupid jokes, if the girl has low interest she will look at you like a two headed alien even if you lay down your ultimate joke.

I have found that to be 100% true. And similier for yourself.

No matter what you do, if the girl is just not that into you, it wont work.

On the other hand if the girl has high interest, she will forgive and ignore or not even notice blips.

How do you meet a girl with high interest. It is really simple; you open the numbers. Thinking too deeply about this stuff, just set's constraints on your mind.

You need to remove all the garbage like slotting into conformity and simply go out there and have fun. That is another point, if you take this shi* too seriously, you come across desperate and weak. You need to flow, become natural, have it all come together, relax and have fun! People are attracted to other people who look like the know how to have fun and have a postive mental attitude, it's magnetic.

Don't get hung up on the rejections, it's probably the worst thing you can do, and don't think you need to preform monkey tricks either.

Try to build your confidence, become comfortable in yourself and learn to really love yourself like an arogant as*hole. Then go talk to some chicks, if they blow you in you say "her loss". Dont dwell on it, because that shi* can fuc* you up.

Your going through a low point, it's normal to feel a little down and defeated. But trust me on this, everyguy goes through this, EVERYONE.

Alot of guys talk about mystery on here, the guy was a long haired skinny, emo looser and couldn't get a fuc* if his life depended on it. But he developed internally more than externally.

And that is the secret, become comfortable in your own skin, try to remove the fear, the negative stigma of talking to girls. Have fun, believe in yourself and try to maintain a postive mental attitude, it is far sexier then any PUA tips and tricks, which are designed to help you to find your inner confident Alpha guy anyway and are simply props designed to help you create false confidence in talking to a girl.

Just do it, relax have fun. Take the mick out of girls, like you do your male friends, dont force it, become natural, have a good time. This i feel is your problem, you expect an outcome, because you've done a set of rules and followed a guide. This isn't Ikea!

I believe your a smart guy, probably a large IQ. And I know, that can be a burden to some guys in the dating scene, why? Because they look at dating like reading a text book on how to programme a PC, if you follow ABC, you get EFG. It isn't that simple and you will find, when you discover your inner self respect and learn to really love who you are to a degree where by your almost arrogant, it will all flow.

You will develop standards, you will judge a women accordingly, you will become the prize, not because a forum tells you to be one, because internally you know you ARE ONE!

All the tips, tricks and advice wont work if you dont have the internal stuff going on. A guy I know opened up 100 girls and got nothing out of it, why? Because his internal state is wrong, he hasn't discovered his inner game and that is more important than a sticking plaster which are PUA tricks or tips.

Find your inner game first and for-most.
What's depressing for me is that i'm really good at the actual pick up, i always get the numbers, i rarely fail i'm super confident with that.

but date after date i go on it goes badly and this has left a negative imprint of anxiety that i cant shake on dates that at some point i'm going to f up. it's that point u see in her face where she realises 'ok im not feeling it it's over' i dont know how to react after that and i dont realise how i get to that point.

pick up is easy, it's 10 mins for talking making her laugh. on a date they start testing you which im passing now BUT i can't be mr funny man the whole 1 hour of the date, i start that at the beginning and it goes well but about halfway through the date i'll try kino (maybe way too much) and then i run out of stuff to talk about, i get nervous and it shows, she sense im unconfident then i fail some of the tests after as i sense it's slipping away, towards the ends of the dates i usually try to set up a 2nd date, which is just so stupid cos u should leave her with the feeling 'will he call again?' even if shes not interested anymore, thats what im going to improve on each time.

it's so disheartening getting all these numbers, going on dates (although in the beginning i got a lot of flakes which i think has hurt me mentally cos i assume they'll flake at the last minute even though i have no justification for it) it's so frustrating cos i dont know when it goes wrong on the dates before it's too late. it's like i need to say or do something at that point.

how do i make her feel attraction? that's what i dont get, im rarely their type physically or ethnically but my initial pick up spew makes them interested, but maybe only interested enough to try me out even though she's not physicall attracted. i've noticed girls who are physically attracted to me ethnically i do amazing with cos everything i do just creates even more interet.

it's the other 98% of girls i go out with who are attracted to my personality initially i struggle with, i just dont know what to do, cos it seems as if like they're giving me a 'chance' rather than the other way round, as in their mind they feel that. i know my inner game and frame should be super arrogant and never let that slip. but saying stuff like 'if you're lucky i might let you..' just rubs them up the wrong way if u get too c0cky.

should i start using more qualification from them? i thinkim realising i compliment maybe too much and i get the wrong reaction and i dont use push pull enough. these things i need to try but it still doesn't explain why it goes wrong in the middle, it's obviously building up from the beginning of the date and then she's thought 'ok it's not going to work' that p1sses me off so much cos by then it's like i dont know what to do, i heard not caring then pulling away and being distant for the rest of the date might shake them up a bit so i'll try that next time, it's like i'd have to act super interested then if shes not interested anymore suddenly remove my attention and interest and suggest to leave but act disinterested.

jonwon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
pikachu_69 said:
What's depressing for me is that i'm really good at the actual pick up, i always get the numbers, i rarely fail i'm super confident with that.

but date after date i go on it goes badly and this has left a negative imprint of anxiety that i cant shake on dates that at some point i'm going to f up. it's that point u see in her face where she realises 'ok im not feeling it it's over' i dont know how to react after that and i dont realise how i get to that point.

pick up is easy, it's 10 mins for talking making her laugh. on a date they start testing you which im passing now BUT i can't be mr funny man the whole 1 hour of the date, i start that at the beginning and it goes well but about halfway through the date i'll try kino (maybe way too much) and then i run out of stuff to talk about, i get nervous and it shows, she sense im unconfident then i fail some of the tests after as i sense it's slipping away, towards the ends of the dates i usually try to set up a 2nd date, which is just so stupid cos u should leave her with the feeling 'will he call again?' even if shes not interested anymore, thats what im going to improve on each time.

it's so disheartening getting all these numbers, going on dates (although in the beginning i got a lot of flakes which i think has hurt me mentally cos i assume they'll flake at the last minute even though i have no justification for it) it's so frustrating cos i dont know when it goes wrong on the dates before it's too late. it's like i need to say or do something at that point.

how do i make her feel attraction? that's what i dont get, im rarely their type physically or ethnically but my initial pick up spew makes them interested, but maybe only interested enough to try me out even though she's not physicall attracted. i've noticed girls who are physically attracted to me ethnically i do amazing with cos everything i do just creates even more interet.

it's the other 98% of girls i go out with who are attracted to my personality initially i struggle with, i just dont know what to do, cos it seems as if like they're giving me a 'chance' rather than the other way round, as in their mind they feel that. i know my inner game and frame should be super arrogant and never let that slip. but saying stuff like 'if you're lucky i might let you..' just rubs them up the wrong way if u get too c0cky.

should i start using more qualification from them? i thinkim realising i compliment maybe too much and i get the wrong reaction and i dont use push pull enough. these things i need to try but it still doesn't explain why it goes wrong in the middle, it's obviously building up from the beginning of the date and then she's thought 'ok it's not going to work' that p1sses me off so much cos by then it's like i dont know what to do, i heard not caring then pulling away and being distant for the rest of the date might shake them up a bit so i'll try that next time, it's like i'd have to act super interested then if shes not interested anymore suddenly remove my attention and interest and suggest to leave but act disinterested.
Re-read my post again.

Too focused on outcome and preforming a set of tricks and tips and no concept at all that your inner core is needy, over-critical, outcome dependent and borderline oneitus (not to mention the beta boy need to please, your attitude is all wrong, you should be qualifying her, not trying to make HER LIKE YOU, through forced beta boy PUA actions (I blame mainstreme shi* tbh)- You wont get success until you remove this desperation, until you remove the serious nature of dating and stop thinking of dating PUA stuff has keys to get in her pants. They wont mean jack if you dont get your inner core sorted out. This is your problem.

pikachu_69

Don Juan
Reaction score
jonwon said:
Re-read my post again.

Too focused on outcome and preforming a set of tricks and tips and no concept at all that your inner core is needy, over-critical, outcome dependent and borderline oneitus (not to mention the beta boy need to please, your attitude is all wrong, you should be qualifying her, not trying to make HER LIKE YOU, through forced beta boy PUA actions (I blame mainstreme shi* tbh)- You wont get success until you remove this desperation, until you remove the serious nature of dating and stop thinking of dating PUA stuff has keys to get in her pants. They wont mean jack if you dont get your inner core sorted out. This is your problem.
and inner game is everything in the dj bible?

it's hard though not to focus on getting girls and satisfaction from other things in the same way as getting girls, like if i get flakes etc it's hard for me to enjoy the other things i like to do in my life. i know it's wrong but it's really difficult changing that feeling, the only thing that replaces it is other girls and getting more options but that doesn't really cause the problem, just the symptoms..

i think that's what's stopped me from improving my inner game aspect

also, in my other thread can u give me a suggestion of what to reply with? im quite conflicted trying to understand this inner game thing and what an alpha male would do and trying to replicate such actions. i think a lot of this PUA theory confuses me cos sometimes it contradicts itself about what to do. like lead but at the same time make her chase.

jonwon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
pikachu_69 said:
and inner game is everything in the dj bible?

it's hard though not to focus on getting girls and satisfaction from other things in the same way as getting girls, like if i get flakes etc it's hard for me to enjoy the other things i like to do in my life. i know it's wrong but it's really difficult changing that feeling, the only thing that replaces it is other girls and getting more options but that doesn't really cause the problem, just the symptoms..

i think that's what's stopped me from improving my inner game aspect

also, in my other thread can u give me a suggestion of what to reply with? im quite conflicted trying to understand this inner game thing and what an alpha male would do and trying to replicate such actions. i think a lot of this PUA theory confuses me cos sometimes it contradicts itself about what to do. like lead but at the same time make her chase.
Inner game is where it all stems from, if you are not comfortable in your own skin, if your not mentally healthy, if you dont have a positive mental attitude, all the tips and tricks on the world wont do jac*-shi* - I know, trust me.

I'll give you some pro - tips ok.

(These are not tips or tricks these are extensions of a man with inner game, examples only).

----------

Bad things to do on a date:

Talking down about yourself

Talking down about your family

Be outcome dependent - i.e trying to please her

Being over critical of yourself due to the actions of others

Being afraid to progress, incase she will think less of you

Not looking at the girl your dating, rather too focused on your own actions and trying to please her

-----

Good things to do on a date:

Speak highly of yourself - So much infact your almost a borderline arrogant cun* "Dam I look hot/fly the shi* tonight"

Speak highly of your friends and family - it shows character, it shows social value

Dont expect a certain outcome - we can't predict the future, this also stops you from trying to please.

Dont beat yourself up if she doesn't reciprocate - try again later, if it's a no go, cut your losses and dont cry/dwell/beat yourself up about it, more often than not it's things out of your control anyway. Be the guy with options, create those options.

Progress - Take opportunities to lead the romance, women want an excuse for the 'whoopsie moment' be that excuse.

Focus on the women, read how she is, judge the type of person she is, shift your style accordingly - or in the very least adopt the confident aloof A-hole persona - like she is privilaged to be in your company.

Inner game is the key to the castle - the rest are things to improve your odds, but you can't put the cart before the horse.
And your inner game needs a hell of alot of work, this is your focus point.

Ultimate inner game - Date many girls at a time, they will help you when you slip into AFC beta mode when your out with a girl you really like - if anything take some training wheels, i.e date a sub par bird, it will give you something to fall back on, but keep her as a FB only - too many guys date the sub par bird and loose the focus of what she is and was.