Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Of leaves, branches, and roots

resilient

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I wanted to share with you guys a cool video @Roober sent me. It's from a musical play that toured 2005~2006 with comedian Tyler Perry dressed up as an old lady talking to a younger man who is having relationship trouble. There are many pearls of wisdom and lessons that can be taken from the video. I've seen it before, yet I didn't pull much from until recently when I ran into some dating trouble in plate spinning.

Madea's tree friendship "Words of Wisdom" (OG) Seasons or Lifetime

Leaves
Go where the wind blows. They don't have a set direction or guiding compass in life. Social butterflies. Unattached. Independent of others. Free spirited. Not grounded and highly influenced by others: friends, celebs, social media. Addicted to attention or what he/she is feeling in the moment. Doesn't plan for long-term goals with much seriousness.

Branches
They are strong and value relationships up until a point. If you go out on the ledge of that branch or look elsewhere, the branch breaks off and drops. They bounce. They tend to be controlling, manipulative, my way or the high way. If you want to date me, you'll play by my rules. If you don't like it, I'll cheat, or figuratively and literally: monkey branch.

Roots
These are the rare types. These type of people don't have to be a significant other or an intimate relationship. However, they are loyal through and through. They will stand by your side in the darkest and brightest times of your life. They will no judge you. They believe in tough love, however, that doesn't mean they'll abandon you. I imagine most of the DJs have experienced this a few times in their lives. Keep those people close and nurture those relationships. Off the top of my head, I can only think of two people in my life that are like roots. My mother and my best friend who checked in with me weekly during my marital separation a few years ago. He also will text or recommend a get together to BBQ, have beers and catch up. He's fast to catch red flags in girls I'm dating often when I'm still in the honeymoon stage or just coming out of it and beginning to see her social mask come off.

Lessons:
-If someone doesn't want to be in your life, let them go.
-Some people enter your life when they were only supposed to be there for a season, not a lifetime. You have to know which.
-You have to learn how to love yourself before you can let someone else into your world.
-It's better to be alone than be with someone who doesn't respect you or treat you how you feel you should be treated.