Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Observations on Phoenix's Scene

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Which parts? Would you say OP's assessment of Tempe/Phoenix being the spots is accurate? Or does Tuscon deserve some regocnition?
Tempe has attractive women because of the proximity to Arizona State University (ASU). Tempe has a lot of undergrad and grad level ASU students. The southern half of Scottsdale near Old Town Scottsdale is also filled with a lot of 21-29 year olds. There are some good areas in Phoenix itself and the nightlife venues in Phoenix are less pretentious than Old Town Scottsdale.

Tucson is a tough place mating environment unless you are a student at University of Arizona or a retiree seeking similarly aged retiree type women. Those are the only 2 life stages where you'd have a possibility to do well in Tucson.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Another thread touched upon elements of Phoenix's scene today, so I thought I'd expand the points from that a little bit...

When I was in Phoenix, I had yet to become a big practitioner of daygame. If I had to daygame Phoenix today with my knowledge and skills of daygame, I would be daygaming Piestewa, Camelback, and Papago big time. From mid-April to mid-October, you'd have to daygame from sunrise until about 8:30 AM. After that, it would likely be too hot. Mid-October to mid-April is the time to outdoor daygame so we're about to start good daygaming season in Phoenix. The winter months are a good time to build up prospects and have an extended girlfriend or rotation of women going into the brutal summer months.

Indoor daygaming is less affected by the outdoor heat. The standard principles of grocery store game would apply. The areas that would have the most singles under 35 would be Tempe, the southern half of Scottsdale and areas nearer to Downtown Phoenix. In Phoenix itself, going north of the Phoenix Mountain Preserve would be the areas that would be lacking younger singles and moving more towards families.

If you're looking for a 35+ crowd, there are some good in-person approaching options for the 35+ crowd in North Scottsdale and certain parts of Phoenix itself.

In terms of daygame, if I wanted a 35+ woman, I could daygame at Kierland, Biltmore Fashion Park, or Scottsdale Fashion Square. Scottsdale Fashion Square is good for all 20s-40s age ranges. Grocery stores in North Phoenix/North Scottsdale would work for 35+. There are some bar options in North Scottsdale and Phoenix for the 35+. MercBar in Phoenix has been around since the 1990s in the Biltmore area of Phoenix and has a lot of 35+ women.

We_ArE_VeNOM

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The Heat is Real and Affects All Aspects of Life, Including Seduction

From roughly April 15 to October 15, the heat in Phoenix is essentially intolerable and will force you to adjust your routines. Most every day during this period will have a high temperature 90 degrees + during this time. 100 degree + high temperatures start consistently around mid-May.
Yeahhhh man. The heat. The heat is so extreme, it makes it not worth living there, in my opinion.

And that is coming from a person who absolutely LOVE Phoenix, and everything about it...except the heat.

This makes it more difficult to run outdoor game sessions during this part of the year or have outdoor dates. It’s possible to go to a hiking trail at 6 AM in the summer when it is 75 degrees outside and do some approaching but that may not yield a lot of phone numbers and dates.
Yeah, plenty of heat-related deaths from those who were brazen enough to go hiking during the hottest parts of the year.

The only good part of it being so hot is the fact that women are less covered in the summer, which means they show more skin, which means more cleavage and titties for me to see and go after.

That is the only part that makes cold approaching fun in the summer.

From October 15 to April 15, the late Fall, Winter, and early Spring are reasonably nice. The Phoenix (and Tucson) winters don’t live up to the hype. If you’re out at night in Phoenix in January, expect temperatures in the mid-30s to low 40s at 1-2 AM. That doesn’t happen in Miami or Tampa in the winter. There are still big variations in day and night temperatures in the desert, even though it’s not as drastic as it was 40 years ago when there was less development.
Again, accurate. At night or in the AM, it can get extremely cold. I had a motorcycle and it was a ***** riding it to work in the morning.

Funny because the natives of Phoenix, those guys are wearing winter coats and the temperatures are just in the 40's....while a light jacket worked fine for me.

Hiking is a common early stage date in Metro Phoenix. The hiking paths and urban parks are options for both approaches and for first/second dates in the more comfortable months though I would guess that the hiking trails have more early stage dates than initial pickups happening. The parks are the better option for finding phone numbers and dates that would typically happen at a bar.
You had mentioned demographics in a prior thread....I don't think the hiking scene fit my demographics, if you know what I mean (.) (.).

Good Looking Women, Bad Attitudes

The title above is the best way to describe the White women in Phoenix, particularly the White women one will most commonly encounter in nightlife venues in Scottsdale and Tempe.
Facts.

The heat of the area is a motivator for women to look good because not a lot of clothes are worn. This makes appearance all the more important. It’s fair to say that Metro Phoenix is an environment characterized by superficiality and pretentiousness.

In conjunction with the heat, Phoenix is very transplant heavy. Few Phoenix area residents have long time roots in the area. You don’t see a lot of strong social circles of natives who grew up in the area. While there are some and having a circle would help, it’s just not common. This is also a contributing factor to the superficiality and pretentiousness in the area. When there are no social circle consequences for behavior, overall behavior tends to be worse.
Facts. And most of those transients are from California, coming to the state and causing inflation. :mad:

You’re less likely to encounter these bad attitudes with Hispanic women in the area than White women.
Facts. :up:

If you want to limit the effects of these attitudes, meeting women through non-bar approaching or social circle will help as compared to the bar scene or the use of swipe apps.

Because superficiality matters a lot in Phoenix, having the right image helps a lot. Guys go to great lengths in the area to get material possessions to impress women. A fair number of women also get breast implants to compete with other women for the top guys in the area.
I never had any of those problems. :cool:

Is This a Good Place to Live?

For most people, the answer to this will be “No”.
I say yes. I wouldn't rather be in any place besides Phoenix.

Not only there is a mediocre mating environment due to the male surplus and subpar female attitudes, there is not a good base of corporate employment in Metro Phoenix. Few top companies have their headquarters in Metro Phoenix, so a lot of the general business jobs are lackluster. If your job is in the medical industry, Phoenix has a decent employment base. The medical industry has always done quite well in Phoenix due to the fact that the area is a hub for retirees needing medical services.
As far as jobs are concerned, I thought it was fair. I never had a problem getting a good job, but then again, it goes back to inflation.

There was a time where $20 an hour was a HUGE deal. Nowadays, that ain't ****.

One of the primary reasons of recent decades to move to Phoenix no longer applies. From the mid-1990s to mid to late 2010s, the area was flooded by West Coasters (primarily Californians) and Chicagoans looking to escape higher cost areas. Rents and home prices in Metro Phoenix were affordable. Phoenix is no longer as affordable on housing costs and overall costs of living as it was 15-20 years ago.
FACTS!!!!! When I first got to Phoenix in 2012, I had a nice, 3 bedroom house (renting) for $825 a month. The house was in a nice sub-division, nice backyard and overall everything was cool.

Now, that same house is $1500/month

In 2015, I moved into a 2br apt for $750.

Now, the same apt is $1100.

The rent increased, but it is the same ****ty apartments. Bull****.

The area is also in a fragile natural ecosystem. The area has been overdeveloped since at least 1990. There are significant water issues surrounding the Colorado River. This is a concern for nearby Tucson and Las Vegas as well.

While the areas offers the advantage of physically attractive women and mild winters, the disadvantages of the area (attitudes, employment, water/overall climate) outweigh the advantages in most cases.
I guess your standards are higher than mines hahahaha.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeahhhh man. The heat. The heat is so extreme, it makes it not worth living there, in my opinion.

And that is coming from a person who absolutely LOVE Phoenix, and everything about it...except the heat.

Yeah, plenty of heat-related deaths from those who were brazen enough to go hiking during the hottest parts of the year.

The only good part of it being so hot is the fact that women are less covered in the summer, which means they show more skin, which means more cleavage and titties for me to see and go after.

That is the only part that makes cold approaching fun in the summer.

Again, accurate. At night or in the AM, it can get extremely cold. I had a motorcycle and it was a ***** riding it to work in the morning.

Funny because the natives of Phoenix, those guys are wearing winter coats and the temperatures are just in the 40's....while a light jacket worked fine for me.

You had mentioned demographics in a prior thread....I don't think the hiking scene fit my demographics, if you know what I mean (.) (.).

Facts.

Facts. And most of those transients are from California, coming to the state and causing inflation. :mad:

Facts. :up:

I never had any of those problems. :cool:

I say yes. I wouldn't rather be in any place besides Phoenix.

As far as jobs are concerned, I thought it was fair. I never had a problem getting a good job, but then again, it goes back to inflation.

There was a time where $20 an hour was a HUGE deal. Nowadays, that ain't ****.

FACTS!!!!! When I first got to Phoenix in 2012, I had a nice, 3 bedroom house (renting) for $825 a month. The house was in a nice sub-division, nice backyard and overall everything was cool.

I guess your standards are higher than mines hahahaha.
As a fellow boob man, I endorse this place as well. ( . )( . ). Few American cities have more big tits than fat chicks and Phx is one of them.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There have been times I hiked Piestewa and Camelback and saw women with big breasts in sports bras. These were thinner women with large breast implants.

most of those transients are from California, coming to the state and causing inflation. :mad:
Arizona has had a Californians problems since at least the 1990s, but it has gotten worse since 2000. Californians are ruining Metro Phoenix and Metro Tucson.

It's not worth the increased prices. The motivation to live in Metro Phoenix would be due to being an inexpensive alternative to the coastal cities and Chicago. Phoenix doesn't offer enough to justify high housing prices.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's winter time now in Phoenix. This is the ideal time of the year to do some outdoor gaming and plan some early stage outdoor dates.

Phoenix's winter is a bit overrated though. It's 65-70 during the day, but at night, temperatures are often 35-40. Going out at 7 AM in Phoenix in the winter will be a bit chilly. You'll need a sweatshirt or a light jacket.

I had some winter nights on patios in Old Town Scottsdale bars where it was January at 12 AM-2 AM and the temperature was around 35-40. Like nightlife in Dallas, nightlife in Phoenix/Scottsdale is not well equipped for cold nights. There is no coat check like in New York City, Philadelphia, or Washington DC. You're either carrying around a coat to venues at night or layering/underdressing.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's winter time now in Phoenix. This is the ideal time of the year to do some outdoor gaming and plan some early stage outdoor dates.

Phoenix's winter is a bit overrated though. It's 65-70 during the day, but at night, temperatures are often 35-40. Going out at 7 AM in Phoenix in the winter will be a bit chilly. You'll need a sweatshirt or a light jacket.

I had some winter nights on patios in Old Town Scottsdale bars where it was January at 12 AM-2 AM and the temperature was around 35-40. Like nightlife in Dallas, nightlife in Phoenix/Scottsdale is not well equipped for cold nights. There is no coat check like in New York City, Philadelphia, or Washington DC. You're either carrying around a coat to venues at night or layering/underdressing.
If you live here it's cold AF right now. It's only warm if you're visiting lol

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This area (Maricopa County) now has a massive corruption issue on par with California. Maybe it'll stem the flow of refugees at least.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This area (Maricopa County) now has a massive corruption issue on par with California. Maybe it'll stem the flow of refugees at least.
I agree 100% with this.

The refugees from California have been a long time problem in Phoenix and other areas of Arizona. They have caused a lot of problems, including making the mating environment worse. Scottsdale was nicer pre-1990 before it got overrun with outsiders. Pre-1990, Scottsdale was a Western influenced sleepy suburb.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree 100% with this.

The refugees from California have been a long time problem in Phoenix and other areas of Arizona. They have caused a lot of problems, including making the mating environment worse. Scottsdale was nicer pre-1990 before it got overrun with outsiders. Pre-1990, Scottsdale was a Western influenced sleepy suburb.
Lol if I find out a woman has recently moved here from California, she gets a much shorter leash than local women

Regarding the corruption issue, it's more top-down than it is an influx of blue voters. There's Soros-level shenanigans here and the state seems to be some kind of testing ground. This Katie Hobbs person is big-time on the take from the banking class

Last edited:

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lol if I find out a woman has recently moved here from California, she gets a much shorter leash than local women
What if she's an Italian-American who moved to Phoenix from California?

Good move with the shorter leash on all ex-Californian women.

Native Arizonan women are more difficult to find in Metro Phoenix.

Last edited:

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What if she's an Italian-American who moved to Phoenix from California?

Good move with the shorter leash on all ex-Californian women

Native Arizonan women are more difficult to find in Metro Phoenix.
I have a 5 year rule, I like for them to be here at least that long so they can get over themselves and properly acclimated lol.

Lol the Calitalianas are a no-go. It can be hard to tell with all of the race-mixing that goes on in California but if they're tatted up, wearing the Jesus cross and giving off the I-vibe I feel like i need a shower lol.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have a 5 year rule, I like for them to be here at least that long so they can get over themselves and properly acclimated lol.
That 5 year rule is a good rule. That's about as long as it takes to wash off the California stink. There are plenty of ex-Californians in Texas too. Ex-Californians are an annoying part of a lot of Western US states.

I was disappointed that my time in Phoenix didn't turn out better and I moved. I'm glad I moved. If I had known what I knew at the end of my time in Phoenix at the beginning of my time in Phoenix, I would not moved to Phoenix.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That 5 year rule is a good rule. That's about as long as it takes to wash off the California stink. There are plenty of ex-Californians in Texas too. Ex-Californians are an annoying part of a lot of Western US states.

I was disappointed that my time in Phoenix didn't turn out better and I moved. I'm glad I moved. If I had known what I knew at the end of my time in Phoenix at the beginning of my time in Phoenix, I would not moved to Phoenix.
I use it for the small-town transplants as well. Anywhere where they would have been in a more-female friendly dating environment.

It's definitely going downhill faster here than most places, since it's a border state to both California and Mexico

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
female friendly dating environment.
I would consider Phoenix a female friendly dating environment. I was there in my 20s. Among 20s-30s people, there's a surplus of single males relative to single females. That's going to make for a better experience for the women in the area.

One of my biggest mistakes in Phoenix was being too reliant upon the Old Town Scottsdale bars for meeting women. That also ensured a generally unpleasant experience.

It's definitely going downhill faster here than most places, since it's a border state to both California and Mexico
I have been back a few times as a visitor since moving away. I have seen it go downhill even since I moved away over a decade ago.

Pre-1990 was definitely a better time to live in Metro Phoenix.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bumping this thread because it is Super Bowl week.

This year's Super Bowl is in Phoenix. This is the 4th time that the Phoenix area has hosted the Super Bowl. The previous times were in 1996, 2008, and 2015. The Arizona Cardinals got a new stadium in 2006, so this is the 3rd Super Bowl at the new stadium.

State Farm Stadium is located in Glendale, AZ. The stadium is located nearer to the western edge of the metropolitan area, far from the most fun parts of the Phoenix area. Those most fun parts of the Phoenix are: Areas near Downtown Phoenix, Old Town Scottsdale, and Tempe near Arizona State University. The stadium is between 15-30 miles from most things considered fun in Phoenix. There has been some more development near the stadium as compared to 2008.

Phoenix isn't the only metro area that has the problem of the football stadium being far from the most fun things in an area. Dallas had that same issue when it hosted the 2011 stadium. The Miami area built a new stadium in 1987 and has hosted 6 Super Bowls since that new stadium was built 20+ miles from Downtown Miami and South Beach. New Orleans is the best city for hosting a Super Bowl because its football stadium is close to the French Quarter.

Everything gets more crowded during Super Bowl week. Metro Phoenix is already crowded during this time of year due to the snowbirds.

Also, the Phoenix Open golf tournament is happening during Super Bowl weekend. The Phoenix Open has been happening since the 1930s, before the first Super Bowl. The Phoenix Open is at a golf course in North Scottsdale (it has been played there since the late 1980s), which is 30+ miles from State Farm Stadium. I have heard there's a party scene at 16th hole there. See links below.

BeExcellent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Concur with @SW15.

The 16th hole of the TPC is like a higher end older much more wealthy fraternity party (Country Club set does frat party)….Better drinks, decent food and expensive (keeps out the riff raff). We escaped the idiots who are currently overrunning North Scottsdale to go ski this weekend. Super Bowl week is going to be crazy and the cops in every jurisdiction will be out in force.

The epicenter of cool this whole week will be anchored by the W Hotel in Old Town Scottsdale. All the clubs there will be packed and will have set out extra seating/square footage extended into the street. It will be insanity in the 21-40 age group there with some folks my age running around, but mostly a young crowd with plenty of pretty people.

There is an entertainment area now right by the stadium. It will be packed with West side people and tourists who don’t know any better. It’s ghetto compared to Scottsdale and can be dangerous to tourists who don’t know that’s the ghetto side of town. It’s a high property and violent crime area compared to the East valley.

It’s also amateur night for nightlife too. Lots of drunk idiots who think they are cool. Like ATX during Formula 1 week, many locals get out of town, that’s what I’m doing.

Lol & Cheers

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It’s also amateur night for nightlife too. Lots of drunk idiots who think they are cool. Like ATX during Formula 1 week, many locals get out of town, that’s what I’m doing.

We escaped the idiots who are currently overrunning North Scottsdale to go ski this weekend. Super Bowl week is going to be crazy and the cops in every jurisdiction will be out in force.
You're doing the best thing possible to get out of the city during Super Bowl week. It doesn't matter which city hosts the Super Bowl, the host city gets saddled with more traffic and more drunken idiots.

Dallas hosted the NCAA Men's Basketball Final Four in 2014 and I noticed more bad behavior around Dallas that weekend. I didn't notice more traffic and bad behavior in 2015 when Dallas had the NCAA Football National Championship Game.

The Phoenix area has also hosted a Final Fours and an NCAA Football National Championship Game in the past 10 years. Did you notice any problems those weeks?

It's good to know that both North Scottsdale and Old Town Scottsdale will be filled with idiots this week.

There is an entertainment area now right by the stadium. It will be packed with West side people and tourists who don’t know any better. It’s ghetto compared to Scottsdale and can be dangerous to tourists who don’t know that’s the ghetto side of town. It’s a high property and violent crime area compared to the East valley.
The reason the stadium is out in the West Valley is because land was cheaper out there in the early 2000s when the project began. The West Valley is generally less desirable than Central Phoenix and the East Valley.

I do feel bad for the tourists who didn't do adequate research and will spend more time around the stadium area. However, I think most people knew that Scottsdale, Tempe, and areas near Downtown Phoenix are the better and more fun areas.

The 16th hole of the TPC is like a higher end older much more wealthy fraternity party (Country Club set does frat party)….Better drinks, decent food and expensive (keeps out the riff raff).
There are rumors of some wild stories there but it would likely be more subdued than some other types of sporting events.

The epicenter of cool this whole week will be anchored by the W Hotel in Old Town Scottsdale. All the clubs there will be packed and will have set out extra seating/square footage extended into the street. It will be insanity in the 21-40 age group there with some folks my age running around, but mostly a young crowd with plenty of pretty people.
Since the 1990s, Old Town Scottsdale has been a key part of nightlife in Metro Phoenix. In the 2000s, it was the center of Metro Phoenix nightlife. I've heard it's not quite the same as the 2000s (pre real-estate crash) but still very active.

The W Hotel is somewhat new, as it opened in 2008 after Phoenix hosted the 2008 Super Bowl.

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
When I was last there a few years ago the W was a shadow (dilapidated) of W’s in other cities and run over by the bling bling crowd living well beyond their means. Although the glass balconies on the corner suites lent themselves to a lot of fun activities with ONS’s.

The food and clubs in old town were also shyte compared to Kierland and the Strip up by the Marriot Desert Ridge.

Yeesh, maybe I’m just old.