Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Observations on Phoenix's Scene

Jesse Pinkman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
@SW15 I was actually at LIV a few weeks ago, it is one of the biggest nightclubs in Miami and at one point considered top 10 nationwide for the amount of money it brought in. My wing and I are having a good time and doing a lot of approaches. Since it is a nightclub, you do get blown out fast. I see these two blondes, one very tall, and approach them. They are trying to wave down the bartender who is mostly ignoring them and I chat them up. First thing out of their mouth is "so can you buy us a drink?". I joke and say "oh boy, California girls", they both say "no we're from Arizona" lol.

Miami might not be as good to men as NYC is but it was refreshing to see the bartender largely ignore those girls. A couple of guys had approached but didn't seem to want to buy them drinks either.

As for the comments about Italian American women from Long Island, man they are an extra level of bad. @Who Dares Win and @BillyPilgrim are all too familiar with how awful Italian women in general can be but Italian American women specifically from Long Island are uniquely awful. Take the worst Catholic princess traits that a typical Italian chick will have, mix it in with the narcissism of a basic b1tch, and then add in a culture that is naturally confrontational (but more bark than bite since Long Island is mostly full of spineless Irish and Italian descendants that ran from the five boroughs when things got too hot, aka "white flight").

Italian American women tend to draw in the man-hating feminist demeanors and mix that in with the Conservative Latin attitudes of women being sacred which makes them an extra level of awful to deal with. However, tying it all back in, you notice how certain areas just draw in Arizona girls, guido trash, and awful women in droves.

If you go to a typical popular nightclub, you are gonna run into so many of these kinds of women who behave the same way. The culture prizes flash and appearances over substance. Meanwhile, you are likely to find the cool girls that are legit model-tier in a Soho or a more classy restaurant/lounge type of place in Miami. Popular nightclubs draw in the worst kinds of people and are largely a waste of time.

What the trashy plastic Arizona bimbo and the Guidette princess have in common is that lack of substance but that desperation for clout and chasing appearances in order to fill the massive insecurity within them.

I've slept with a few Italian American women and the ones outside of NY and NJ are pretty cool, Boston seems to produce some fun ones, but man Long Island Italians are some of the worst people to deal with period.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What the trashy plastic Arizona bimbo and the Guidette princess have in common is that lack of substance but that desperation for clout and chasing appearances in order to fill the massive insecurity within them.
Yes, this is extremely accurate. Phoenix is all about clout chasing, especially the nightlife scene in Old Town Scottsdale. There's even a fair amount of clout chasing going on in Tempe, but it's not on level of Old Town Scottsdale and Scottsdale in general.

The culture in Scottsdale is filled with phonies who are highly leveraged with debt. It's all about "the look" in Scottsdale. There may be nothing of substance behind it.

Certain Phoenix neighborhoods (Arcadia, Biltmore) and Paradise Valley (independent town) are more likely to have actual affluent people than debt ridden phonies like Scottsdale.

Italian American women tend to draw in the man-hating feminist demeanors and mix that in with the Conservative Latin attitudes of women being sacred which makes them an extra level of awful to deal with. However, tying it all back in, you notice how certain areas just draw in Arizona girls, guido trash, and awful women in droves.

I've slept with a few Italian American women and the ones outside of NY and NJ are pretty cool, Boston seems to produce some fun ones, but man Long Island Italians are some of the worst people to deal with period.
Due to the fact that Metro Phoenix is highly populated, there are some Italian-American women. The combination of guidette and living in Arizona isn't ideal. I would say that there are more Jewish women in the Phoenix area than Italian-American women. The plastic Arizona bimbo is most likely some European ancestral mix, and often lacking Italian as part of that mix.

A lot of the women that live in Phoenix (and Arizona as a whole) didn't grow up there. Recall that Metro Phoenix has more than doubled in population since 1990. Phoenix is transplant heavy. A lot of "Arizona girls" grew up in the Midwest or California and migrated to Phoenix.

When there is an area with a lot of transplants, there tends to be a more shallow and pretentious culture.

Young OG

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes, this is extremely accurate. Phoenix is all about clout chasing, especially the nightlife scene in Old Town Scottsdale. There's even a fair amount of clout chasing going on in Tempe, but it's not on level of Old Town Scottsdale and Scottsdale in general.

The culture in Scottsdale is filled with phonies who are highly leveraged with debt. It's all about "the look" in Scottsdale. There may be nothing of substance behind it.

Certain Phoenix neighborhoods (Arcadia, Biltmore) and Paradise Valley (independent town) are more likely to have actual affluent people than debt ridden phonies like Scottsdale.

Due to the fact that Metro Phoenix is highly populated, there are some Italian-American women. The combination of guidette and living in Arizona isn't ideal. I would say that there are more Jewish women in the Phoenix area than Italian-American women. The plastic Arizona bimbo is most likely some European ancestral mix, and often lacking Italian as part of that mix.

A lot of the women that live in Phoenix (and Arizona as a whole) didn't grow up there. Recall that Metro Phoenix has more than doubled in population since 1990. Phoenix is transplant heavy. A lot of "Arizona girls" grew up in the Midwest or California and migrated to Phoenix.

When there is an area with a lot of transplants, there tends to be a more shallow and pretentious culture.
Do you game on Mill and in OT often?

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah Phoenix just seems like a cope city for California refugees. I also think the dry heat vs humidity is complete bull shvt. The heat over there is miles worse and it still felt like an over at night.
I'm from the sauna of the Gulf Coast, and even I thought that the "dry heat is nothing" was nothing.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I thought that the "dry heat is nothing" was nothing.
Dry heat is still unpleasantly hot.

Do you game on Mill and in OT often?
Not anymore since I don't live there. In the past, I spent more time in Old Town Scottsdale at bars/nightclubs than I did in Tempe. If I could go back in time, I would have focused more on Mill Avenue than Old Town Scottsdale simply because I was in my early to mid 20s in the time described.

Young OG

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dry heat is still unpleasantly hot.

Not anymore since I don't live there. In the past, I spent more time in Old Town Scottsdale at bars/nightclubs than I did in Tempe. If I could go back in time, I would have focused more on Mill Avenue than Old Town Scottsdale simply because I was in my early to mid 20s in the time described.
Oh ok. I was going to see if you wanted to game. I go to Mill more then OT. Mill is easier to game then OT is. I've always had better luck on Mill.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Oh ok. I was going to see if you wanted to game. I go to Mill more then OT. Mill is easier to game then OT is. I've always had better luck on Mill.
When I was in Phoenix, I was all about Old Town Scottsdale. That was a tough environment for approaching and seducing. I did some Tempe game and had similar results in Tempe as you did compared with Old Town Scottsdale. Why do you think you have always had better outcomes on Mill?

Last edited:

Young OG

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why do you think you have always had better outcomes on Mill?
I feel like the girls on Mill are not as stuck up as the ones in OT plus they are usually younger. Mill also has more places with patios and balconies where it's not as loud, which makes it easier to game. I've been approached on Mill countless times and only once in OT.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I feel like the girls on Mill are not as stuck up as the ones in OT plus they are usually younger. Mill also has more places with patios and balconies where it's not as loud, which makes it easier to game. I've been approached on Mill countless times and only once in OT.
All good points. It's not like Old Town Scottsdale is a geriatric crowd. Whereas Mill has traditionally been 21-24 year olds, Old Town might be more 24-28 year olds. Is that accurate now?

Non-bar approaching options would be better options than either Mill or Old Town bars.

Jesse Pinkman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
TBH, I never ever got the hype about Arizona as a state. I know it got shoved in my face a lot but when I was growing up, I always viewed it as an insignificant state. Then I hear all about ASU and AU as schools so was that it? I never ever got the hype behind Arizona as a state. Like I get Florida has the beaches and Texas is well, Texas, but like what is there really in Arizona that attracted so much hype?

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I never ever got the hype behind Arizona as a state. what is there really in Arizona that attracted so much hype?
There's still some natural beauty in Arizona. The Grand Canyon is amazing. Sedona is pretty but got overdeveloped. There are some nice, undeveloped desert areas outside of Phoenix and Tucson. Saguaro National Park near Tucson would be a good example of that.

None of that stuff pays the bills though. As mentioned in the first post, there is not a good base of corporate employment in Metro Phoenix. Few top companies have their headquarters in Metro Phoenix, so a lot of the general business jobs are lackluster. If your job is in the medical industry, Phoenix has a decent employment base. The medical industry has always done quite well in Phoenix due to the fact that the area is a hub for retirees needing medical services.

I know it got shoved in my face a lot but when I was growing up, I always viewed it as an insignificant state.
You're right that it should be considered an insignificant state. Too many people moved there and the population got too large. That's part of why there are water problems there right now. A hot environment should be sparsely populated. Arizona needs to have about half the population it currently has.

Then I hear all about ASU and AU as schools so was that it?
Both Arizona State University (ASU) and University of Arizona (U of A) are known for attractive women and a lot of partying. Lots of attractive, fit women go there. Both schools draw from Southern California and the local Phoenix/Tucson high schools. Both also get Midwesterners looking to avoid winters and have fun.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My response should be interpreted as: the statement that "dry heat is nothing" is wrong; it's still hot.
Phoenix is essentially intolerable from April 15-October 15.

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Phoenix is essentially intolerable from April 15-October 15.
I can remember it being Oct 15 and looking at the 7-day forecast, and finally the high temperature was going to get down to the 80s. :eek: Once the fever breaks there, the weather is wonderful; I can see why snowbirds go there for the winter (although being a skier, I'd rather be in ski country for the winter).

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I can remember it being Oct 15 and looking at the 7-day forecast, and finally the high temperature was going to get down to the 80s. :eek: Once the fever breaks there, the weather is wonderful; I can see why snowbirds go there for the winter (although being a skier, I'd rather be in ski country for the winter).
An 87 degree high temperature on October 15 is normal for Phoenix. That sounds like a day where you could go out to a high traffic hiking area & do some approaches. You could also do some park approaches that day. It would be the first day in about six months where it would be comfortable enough to do midday outdoor approaching.

Young OG

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
All good points. It's not like Old Town Scottsdale is a geriatric crowd. Whereas Mill has traditionally been 21-24 year olds, Old Town might be more 24-28 year olds. Is that accurate now?

Non-bar approaching options would be better options than either Mill or Old Town bars.
I would say Mill is 21-24 and Old Town is 21-28. Sometimes I do run into women in there 30s in Old Town though. I actually like night game and I like the bar/club scene. I've been into it for many years. I don't do alot of day game because I'm with my kid when I go out and about. But, I have gamed at Fashion Square Mall and Tempe Marketplace before.

None of that stuff pays the bills though. As mentioned in the first post, there is not a good base of corporate employment in Metro Phoenix. Few top companies have their headquarters in Metro Phoenix, so a lot of the general business jobs are lackluster. If your job is in the medical industry, Phoenix has a decent employment base.
The IT industry is pretty big. I work in IT and there are alot of jobs available. I'm constantly getting messages on Indeed from recruiters.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I would say Mill is 21-24 and Old Town is 21-28. Sometimes I do run into women in there 30s in Old Town though. I actually like night game and I like the bar/club scene. I've been into it for many years.
A lot of women 30+ in that area start going out to bars further north in Scottsdale. I'd say anything north of Shea Boulevard in Scottsdale city limits. There is a scene of 30+ women in North Scottsdale.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A lot of women 30+ in that area start going out to bars further north in Scottsdale. I'd say anything north of Shea Boulevard in Scottsdale city limits. There is a scene of 30+ women in North Scottsdale.
Many of them of Scandinavian descent.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Do you hunt in North Scottsdale for 30+ women with Scandinavian ancestry?

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That's because there are so many folks in AZ that are from the Great Lake states. I guess folks that really hate the snow want to go where there isn't much cold or precipitation.