Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Observations on Dallas' Scene

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was so confused when I got quoted trying to find where it was lol.
You mentioned it in this thread....

I cannot think of a single woman off the top of my head that I met and bedded through my social network. I am very much used to going outside of it.

I've been doing the same thing you've been doing in Delaware while I've been living in Dallas and previous cities.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dallas' most iconic building is Reunion Tower.

This is Reunion Tower....

The restaurant/bar inside Reunion Tower, a Wolfgang Puck restaurant, closed in the first few months of the pandemic in 2020.

A new restaurant/bar called Crown Block will open in its former space on Monday. It is already booked through some point in June.

I never ate at the Wolfgang Puck restaurant in Reunion Tower. I had a drink there at one event.

The Wolfgang Puck restaurant was a very common spot for couples to get engaged in Dallas. It is likely that will happen with Crown Block once it opens.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's possible incel status might have contributed to a mass shooting in the Dallas area yesterday.

itouchyou

Don Juan
Reaction score
I lived in downtown Dallas last year coming from Chicago.

Just found the entire area unappealing. Seemed difficult to meet people and just the way people were dressed made it seem like they were pretending that they lived in some extremely upscale area. Moving to NYC as a result.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I lived in downtown Dallas last year coming from Chicago.

Just found the entire area unappealing. Seemed difficult to meet people and just the way people were dressed made it seem like they were pretending that they lived in some extremely upscale area. Moving to NYC as a result.
Downtown Dallas is not a great area socially. It's been primarily a business district with high rises over the years and limited nightlife.

The observation that Dallas is a difficult city for meeting people is a common observation. A post below from a different thread illustrates this extremely well. I've quoted the post and linked the thread.

How were you trying to meet people in Dallas?

You also made the observation about how people were dressed. There are certain neighborhoods where that behavior happens, though Downtown isn't most associated with that sort of pretension, though some neighborhoods near Downtown are like that. Dallas' pretension has been covered in multiple posts in this thread.

Dallas up until recently is a very poor city in terms of meeting people organically. Very little walkability. It has slightly improved in the last 5 years or so.

This greatly limits your capacity for meeting women. Parks, outdoor activities, daygame, becomes almost impossible. Additionally, it is a southern city, so top quality women are more likely to be in relationships at a younger age and be locked down younger. Probably marry and have kids younger. This obviously works against you as an older man.

Even if it was more walkable, the summers are oppressively hot to even allow for outdoor activities.

All in all, it is a way too car-centric, transplant-oriented city with poor climate and poor suitability for meeting new people.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Most activities in general are going to be geared towards couples or groups.
Most people are in some sort of committed romantic relationship at any given point in time. Media outlets know that. Media outlets need eyeballs/clicks, so they'll write articles for the people already in couples.

A lot of activities are geared towards couples and not unattached people. Dining in restaurants is more geared than romantic couples than unattached people. If an unattached person wants to go to a restaurant, they either have to find a date (dinner dates = bad idea but plenty of AFCs/betas do them) or find one of their platonic friends to do it. In terms of dine in restaurants, Hooters and Twin Peaks are the only exceptions to that, as most men at Hooters or Twin Peaks are going there with 1 or more male friends.

Most of the vacation and leisure travel industry is geared towards people in romantic relationships as well.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dallas was named as the 5th most competitive mating market in this article and I fully agree with that assertion.

BMX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
^^^I can vouch for San Diego. I wasn't shredded or jacked as some of the dudes I worked with, but I was built more than enough to hang in there with them. It helps big time if you have any "Name College Alumni" shirt or sweater on with the local women. Especially the ones currently at SDSU, USD, UCSD, etc. It also distinguishes you in a big percentage of the careers found within the city. I'm still carrying that aura when out and about, esp. nightlife. It's a calibrated easiness and nearly-carefree state of being that is a little hard to explain. Calm, but alert and happy.

Jesse Pinkman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dallas was named as the 5th most competitive mating market in this article and I fully agree with that assertion.

Look at who agreed on California lol

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The last couple of posts have mentioned California. For decades, certain segments within Dallas have tried to mimic Southern California superficiality and pretentiousness. This is most commonly observed among White women in neighborhoods of Dallas closer to Downtown Dallas. This occurs in both centrally located neighborhoods that are mostly marrieds (Park Cities bubble and Preston Hollow) and more of the singles areas (Knox-Henderson, Lower/Upper Greenville, Uptown/West Village/Victory Park).

Dallas has a ratio problem, but its ratios are better than San Diego or San Francisco/Silicon Valley.

Dallas is a rather mediocre mating environment. This does not mean that it is not a good place to live when considering all lifestyle variables.

While Dallas isn't the worst mating market in the United States, it was properly rated as the 5th most competitive market.

The ratio problem has increased female entitlements, the transplant heavy nature of Dallas has increased reliance on swipe apps (always tough for men), and the influence of Southern California culture are among the reasons why Dallas is a more difficult than average mating market.

There are three factors that will make it easier for a man is to be successful at mating in Dallas.

1. He needs deep social roots (although Dallas is transplant heavy, a good social circle will make a difference here)
2. He needs to be 6'0"+ with muscles. Women value height and muscles here more than average. A fit, lean look with some muscle is not a look that plays as well here as big muscle mass, at least among bougie White women.
3. Money will make a difference, given the superficiality of the area. The superficiality is most noticeable when trying to date White women. If trying to date non-White women in Dallas, superficiality and pretentiousness are less of a thing.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
TLDR: Dallas White women tend to be conventional and cookie cutter and more into conventional and cookie cutter White men.

In the posts that I have written on this thread, I have written these posts from the perspective of a Millennial White male mainly pursuing Millennial White females. Although I have successfully seduced Hispanic women and been on 1 or 2 dates with an East/Southeast Asian woman, the vast majority of my approaches and my successful seductions have been White women.

Additionally, I have been mainly interacting with Millennial White women with a bachelor's degree or higher. I prefer women with bachelor's degrees as compared to women with advanced degrees. I have had my fair share of interactions with women with advanced degrees.

I have had fewer interactions with women with less than a bachelor's degree. This is in part because of who I am. I have an advanced degree and a white collar job. My social circle hasn't tended to include women with less than a bachelor's degree. In person, I have tended to spend time in areas of Dallas where White women with bachelor's degree or higher tend to spend time. During the period of time in which I used swipe apps, I was mainly swiping on college educated women and my dates from the apps were almost all women with a bachelor's degree or higher working white collar jobs. I wasn't going on dates with women who worked in retail stores in the mall, baristas, bartenders, waitresses, or women with other jobs that didn't require a bachelor's degree.

The observations I share are a reflection of where I've spent my time.

With all of that said, I wanted to share another observation on the scene of dating Millennial (and maybe even Gen Z) White women in Dallas.

Dallas Millennial White women tend to be most attracted to cookie cutter types of White men. The cookie cutter White man thing plays better with Dallas White women than being any sort of non-conventional White man.

Two types of non-conventional White men are Italian-Americans and Jewish men. When I refer to Jewish men, it can be either Ashkenazi European Jewish men (typically heritage from Eastern Europe) or Israeli Jewish men.

The whole Italian-American look and attitude doesn't seem to do well with Dallas White women. This is in part because there isn't a very big Italian-American community in Dallas. There aren't a lot of White, Italian-American females who want White, Italian-American men. Italian-Americans tend to blend within Dallas. There's not much in Dallas' culture that resembles Long Island, New Jersey (especially the Jersey Shore in summer), or Philadelphia. I've not seen an Italian-American guy act distinctly Italian-American in Dallas and successfully seduce a lot of women. Even the very dark brown haired White guy look (similar to a lighter skinned Hispanic) doesn't seem to play as well with Dallas White women as White men with more neutral features. Even big muscles with strongly Italian-American looks and behaviors would not be as well received as a cookie cutter White man.

Jewish men in Dallas don't seem to do exceptionally well with non-Jewish women in Dallas. The whole Jewish man-Shiksa woman (Shiksa is a Yiddish word to refer to non-Jewish women) thing isn't particularly common in my observations. That's far more of a Northeast USA around New York City thing. The few Jewish men I've known in Dallas with non-Jewish girlfriends/wives met their non-Jewish girlfriends/wives in other cities and then later moved to Dallas. If a Jewish man were to do well with a non-Jewish woman here, his game would have to be centered more around money. There are superficial and pretentious Dallas White women who could be swayed towards a Jewish man with enough money.

CornbreadFed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dallas Millennial White women tend to be most attracted to cookie cutter types of White men. The cookie cutter White man thing plays better with Dallas White women than being any sort of non-conventional White man.
I think this applies to most women in general except black women who seem to favor edgy males over the standard beta male.

Two types of non-conventional White men are Italian-Americans and Jewish men. When I refer to Jewish men, it can be either Ashkenazi European Jewish men (typically heritage from Eastern Europe) or Israeli Jewish men.

The whole Italian-American look and attitude doesn't seem to do well with Dallas White women. This is in part because there isn't a very big Italian-American community in Dallas. There aren't a lot of White, Italian-American females who want White, Italian-American men. Italian-Americans tend to blend within Dallas. There's not much in Dallas' culture that resembles Long Island, New Jersey (especially the Jersey Shore in summer), or Philadelphia. I've not seen an Italian-American guy act distinctly Italian-American in Dallas and successfully seduce a lot of women. Even the very dark brown haired White guy look (similar to a lighter skinned Hispanic) doesn't seem to play as well with Dallas White women as White men with more neutral features. Even big muscles with strongly Italian-American looks and behaviors would not be as well received as a cookie cutter White man.
Depends on the Italian American, if he looks Sicilian/more North African ancestry than I agree. If he looks swarthy or Germanic(I don’t think those Italians came to the USA) then I think he will be fine. A lot of people of British/Irish descent have swarthy features and could easily pass as Italian if they got some sun. Idk much about Jews but I do feel like they do have a particular fragile man look that would be unattractive to western women.

Three Types of Italian American Looks:

1). Sylvester Stallone(Rocky)/Jersey Shore look/Robert De Niro- These guys obviously look NYC Southern Italian and have the distinct bronze skin tone, dark hair, and facial features. I’ve seen some Italian Americans of Sicilian descent be as brown as POC like African Americans and Indians.

2). Ariana Grande, Ron Desantis- These are the more swarthy types or passing ones that I am talking about. You might mistake them as Anglo descent Americans upon first glance until you see their last names which makes you double check their appearance. My friend and his family memebears growing up matched in this category. They had light skin, but you could tell in their eyes and facial features that they had something in them. They both married what you would call white women, so their kids will more than likely fall in to category 3.

3). Giuseppe Garibaldi(Italian), Beatrice Borromeo(Italian), Taylor Swift- Your white Northern Italians or Watered down Italian Americans that have a large significant portion of Germanic descent in them. Northern Italy has always been the most prosperous part of Italy, so not as many came to the Americas as opposed to their southern brothers. These ones might have assimilated and integrated faster than the others one too due to their more Germanic appearance. The fact that I couldn’t even find actual Italian Americans that fit this look proves this case. I could only find examples like Taylor Swift that had some ancestor that just married another white person and blended in lol.

Last edited:

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dallas Millennial White women tend to be most attracted to cookie cutter types of White men.
I think this applies to most women in general except black women who seem to favor edgy males over the standard beta male.
Dallas Millennial White women might like cookie cutter types of White men, but they need to be cookie cutter alpha. The standard beta male is ignored.

Depends on the Italian American, if he looks Sicilian/more North African ancestry than I agree.
Yes, it is the Silician/Southern Italian darker look that doesn't play well in Dallas. The lighter skinned, Northern Italian look is more acceptable. Dallas White women, especially Millennials, tend to prefer more neutral features and generic Western European type heritage, like British, French, and Germanic.

Types of Italian American Looks:

1). Sylvester Stallone(Rocky)/Jersey Shore look/Robert De Niro- These guys obviously look NYC Southern Italian and have the distinct bronze skin tone, dark hair, and facial features. I’ve seen some Italian Americans of Sicilian descent be as brown as POC like African Americans and Indians.

2). Ariana Grande, Ron Desantis- These are the more swarthy types or passing ones that I am talking about. You might mistake them as Anglo descent Americans upon first glance until you see their last names which makes you double check their appearance. My friend and his family memebears growing up matched in this category. They had light skin, but you could tell in their eyes and facial features that they had something in them. They both married what you would call white women, so their kids will more than likely fall in to category 3.
I am an Italian-American and my look could be classified as either 1 or 2. I have had my photos rated online and all rated in the high 6s to low 7s.

Italian-American men can have success in Dallas. I've successfully seduced in Dallas. I don't think it's the preferred look of most Dallas White women who aren't Italian-American themselves. It does make things a little bit more difficult.

Taylor Swift
Taylor Swift is 1/16th Italian. Her heritage is primarily Germanic and Scottish.

CornbreadFed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
am an Italian-American and my look could be classified as either 1 or 2. I have had my photos rated online and all rated in the high 6s to low 7s.

Italian-American men can have success in Dallas. I've successfully seduced in Dallas. I don't think it's the preferred look of most Dallas White women who aren't Italian-American themselves. It does make things a little bit more difficult.
I pictured you to be a shaved bald white guy haha

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I pictured you to be a shaved bald white guy haha
I have hair and good hair. I look Southern Italian.

Why did you picture me as a shaved bald white guy with some other sort of Western European ancestry?

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

I've been to a good number of these bars over time. Of the ones I've been to, more of them are good 1st-2nd date bars as compared to stranger approaching bars.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Where do you want to live in on the Dallas side of the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex (DFW) if you want to maximize your chances of getting laid and getting into relationships?

Where you choose to live in Metro Dallas and where you choose to start interactions with women (either non-bar venues or bars) should be close to each other. Dallas traffic is pretty bad. You don't want to live in Plano and be dating a woman in Mesquite. You don't want to live in Irving and date someone in Frisco. It would be improbable to have those interactions start in the real world but they could happen. Additionally, these interactions can happen with swipe apps without setting the geolocation filter to a narrow range. I would recommend setting the geolocation filter to no more than 10-15 miles no matter where you live in Metro Dallas or DFW as a whole. The traffic is too difficult otherwise. Public transportation isn't that great in Dallas as most commute by car. Also, as mentioned in the first post, Dallas and Fort Worth are too far away to make anything other than the occasional situationship function. If you live in Dallas and even have male friends closer to Fort Worth, it's not easy to see them due to logistics and traffic complications.

If you're in your early 20s-early 40s, childless and want to date other childless people, you want to live in areas near Downtown Dallas. You don't have to live in Downtown Dallas itself, but central-ish neighborhoods like Uptown/West Village, Upper Grenville, Lower Greenville, and Knox-Henderson are good enough. Generally speaking, you want to live south of Interstate 635 between the Dallas North Tollway and US 75/Abrams. It's even better if you live south of Northwest Highway. Most apartments are south of Northwest Highway and west of Abrams. The area between Northwest Highway and Interstate 635 is mainly single family homes, though there are some older apartments and condos around there.

North Dallas (north of Interstate 635 but south of George Bush Turnpike in Dallas city limits) is a difficult place to date, especially if you're 35 and under. North Dallas nightlife does not compare well to the Dallas areas nearer to Downtown mentioned in the previous paragraph. North Dallas is close to Addison, and I'll describe Addison in a moment.

Addison is an inner ring suburb adjacent to North Dallas. North Dallas and Addison can be thought of as one single scene. There are a few apartments near Addison Circle and some nightlife venues there and along Belt Line Rd in Addison. You might be able to daygame around certain parks and on certain streets in Addison, though I wouldn't recommend it. While some people think there's a scene in Addison and someone could make it work within the Addison scene, the Addison scene is weak compared to the areas closer to Downtown Dallas. There are very few situations where I would recommend Addison.

The north of Dallas suburbs (Plano, Frisco, McKinney, Allen) are mainly family areas. There's a small pocket in North Plano that could be an option. This small pocket includes the Austin Ranch apartments, Legacy West, and Shops at Legacy. There's some daygaming that can happen with women walking between places at Shops of Legacy/Legacy West. There are also a few night venues up here. In general, the north of Dallas suburbs are more geared towards childless established couples and families with children. The unattached male is going to mainly feel out of place up in these areas. If you're a 6'0"+, muscular unattached male with a fetish for having sex with married women, you might really enjoy north of Dallas suburbs. You could find a situation where that could happen. That's not an easy niche to exploit. In these north of Dallas suburbs, it is borderline too far away/too far away to date people who live closer to the neighborhoods I mentioned near Downtown Dallas.

Garland, Irving, and Richardson aren't that great of suburban options. These are all older, inner ring suburbs. There are some niches that could work here, but they are small. Additionally, you're not well situated for dating childless White women in Dallas in any of these places.

CornbreadFed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you're in your early 20s-early 40s, childless and want to date other childless people, you want to live in areas near Downtown Dallas. You don't have to live in Downtown Dallas itself, but central-ish neighborhoods like Uptown/West Village, Upper Grenville, Lower Greenville, and Knox-Henderson are good enough. Generally speaking, you want to live south of Interstate 635 between the Dallas North Tollway and US 75/Abrams. It's even better if you live south of Northwest Highway. Most apartments are south of Northwest Highway and west of Abrams. The area between Northwest Highway and Interstate 635 is mainly single family homes, though there are some older apartments and condos around there.
I thought you said that area was scary