Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Observations on Dallas' Scene

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In another thread, I started to discuss regional migratory patterns within Texas. I figured discussing it in this thread made sense too. I'm going to make it as Dallas focused as I can.

Texas is bordered by 3 poorer states. Those are Arkansas, Louisiana, and New Mexico. People from these states with even moderate ambition want to get out and Texas is an easy destination for them. While Dallas draws transplants from all areas of the United States, foreign countries, and from other Texas areas, I think it's worth mentioning these three states for a moment.

Of the 3 states, Arkansas transplants are most likely to choose Dallas due to Arkansas proximity. Louisiana transplants seem split between Dallas-Fort Worth and Houston. New Mexican transplants are the most difficult to categorize. Eastern New Mexicans will sometimes move to Amarillo/Lubbock, but Eastern New Mexico isn't very populous. People from Albuquerque and Santa Fe often end up in Texas. Dallas-Fort Worth is the closest Texas big cities to those populous areas of New Mexico, so I think Dallas is more likely to draw those transplants than the other big Texas metros.

Oklahoma is the state with the strongest economy than borders Texas, and some Oklahomans come down to Texas. A lot of Oklahomans like Dallas because it is closer to Oklahoma than Austin, Houston, or San Antonio. It's common for Oklahomans to come down to Dallas after finishing degrees at University of Oklahoma and Oklahoma State.

Dallas also gets a fair share of transplants from both the small Texas towns and mid-sized Texas metros like Abilene, Amarillo, El Paso, Lubbock, Midland-Odessa, and San Angelo.

If I had to rank how commonly one would meet these certain type of nearby, "regional" migrants, this is how I rate it.

1. Small town Texans/Mid sized metro Texans
2. Oklahomans
3. Louisianans
4. Arkansans
5. New Mexicans

From those 5 groups, the best attitudes tend to come from Group 1.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Can Dallas take our Louisiana transplants please.
I don't think most Dallas residents would want the Louisiana transplants that go to Houston.

The Louisiana transplants that I have met in Dallas have all been White women. One turned out to be a liar. She was definitely the non-confrontational Southern woman who tries to be nice but really isn't. That was so annoying. It was one of my more unpleasant interactions and quite memorable for a shorter interaction.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
@skipfontaine22 posted a thead about using a $5 million net worth to attract-seduce women that had some themes related to Dallas. The themes were charity events and boating/lake scene. I'll post about charity events in Dallas today, and then get to the boating scene in the next couple of days. I don't want a wall of text that creates a "Too Long Didn't Read" situation.

Dallas has had a scene around charity events for a while. This was mentioned on Bravo's "The Real Housewives of Dallas" when that show aired between 2016-2021. Two of the bigger charity events in Dallas are the Crystal Charity Ball and the Margarita Ball.

The Crystal Charity Ball was cancelled in 2020, but returned in 2021 and 2022. I have a link below about the scaled down 2021 event. One of the pictures in the link is of Kameron Westcott, who was on the "Real Housewives of Dallas" show. Westcott is a married woman in her late 30s with 2 children.

Margarita Ball also happened in 2021 (scaled down) and in 2022 after 2020 cancellation.

I've never known anyone who attended Crystal Charity but I have known people who've attended Margarita Ball.

Also, the charity events are more of the hot older women types (30s/40s) than peak SMV 18-29 year olds, especially Crystal Charity. I have known some late 20s couples who went to Margarita Ball in pre-pandemic years. Many of those 30s/40s hotties at charity events are married women. I don't think there's a great pickup scene at charity events in most cities because it is way more of a couples event. For instance, Margarita Ball tickets come in packets of 2. The best bet at one of these in an attractive, childless 30s/40s woman, and even that's a tough demographic to find at those events. It's possible that 2 unattached female friends come together to it, but less likely than a woman and her boyfriend/husband.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In another thread, @Howiestern posted an article from 2003 about the party boat scene on a lake about 30 miles north of Downtown Dallas. The article was about Lake Lewisville.

There are a few main lakes in the Dallas area: Lewisville Lake, Grapevine Lake, Lake Ray Hubbard, and White Rock Lake.

None of the 4 lakes I just mentioned are quite close to the biggest population of unattached people in Dallas. White Rock Lake is the closest, but White Rock isn't much of a boat scene. White Rock is more of an urban park with a jogging/biking trail around a lake. Also, the area immediately adjacent to White Rock Lake is mostly single family houses with a few apartment complexes within a mile of the lake. The women walking/jogging on the path are mostly 35+. Not the best demographic, and a lot of marrieds from the nearby single family houses or divorced single moms. Nevertheless, if someone looks hard enough, they can find women worth approaching on the White Rock Lake path. White Rock Lake isn't that far from Southern Methodist University (SMU), so some SMU women will make it down to the lake's path at times. I would call White Rock Lake pickup artist saturated as it is one of the few outdoor places near Downtown Dallas where it is somewhat feasible to do approaches. Katy Trail and Klyde Warren get more pickup artist types, and even those places are disappointments for most PUA types.

I have been out to Lake Lewisville a few times, but not for many years. Lewisville is a suburb of Dallas and Fort Worth that's middle class and not exceptional, with some trashy elements. When someone goes to Lake Lewisville, it's usually not sophisticated urbanites that you'd see closer to Downtown Dallas. If you read the main article above, it's about a 62 year old man getting with a 40 year old single woman with a 16 year old daughter. There are some hot single moms on Lake Lewisville with breast augmentations. You might also see some 18-23 year olds who are either working service jobs or attending community college. The 18-23 year olds around Lake Lewisville are different than the 18-23 year olds near SMU in Dallas.

Sneaky Pete's is the main venue off of Lake Lewisville. They have some mediocre at best sand volleyball courts out back.

I don't know as much about Lake Ray Hubbard or Grapevine Lake. I've driven past Lake Ray Hubbard and it seemed like it could be fun. Both are also in suburbia.

Some other people might be able to help me out in this thread. @HaleyBaron and ex-Dallas area resident @jaymbrs could add to this.

HaleyBaron

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Only time you will see me near water is if I am at the beach or pool with a lot of bachelorettes.

If I had lower standards, I could easily poach married and older women from those spots for easier poon. But I like them young.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In the times I went to Lake Lewisville years ago, there were some young 18-23 year olds playing sand volleyball with me. I don't recall seeing too many young women around Lake Lewisville when I went. I don't know if my experience is accurate or not. Lewisville and the areas near Lake Lewisville are suburban.

jaymbrs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In another thread, @Howiestern posted an article from 2003 about the party boat scene on a lake about 30 miles north of Downtown Dallas. The article was about Lake Lewisville.

There are a few main lakes in the Dallas area: Lewisville Lake, Grapevine Lake, Lake Ray Hubbard, and White Rock Lake.

None of the 4 lakes I just mentioned are quite close to the biggest population of unattached people in Dallas. White Rock Lake is the closest, but White Rock isn't much of a boat scene. White Rock is more of an urban park with a jogging/biking trail around a lake. Also, the area immediately adjacent to White Rock Lake is mostly single family houses with a few apartment complexes within a mile of the lake. The women walking/jogging on the path are mostly 35+. Not the best demographic, and a lot of marrieds from the nearby single family houses or divorced single moms. Nevertheless, if someone looks hard enough, they can find women worth approaching on the White Rock Lake path. White Rock Lake isn't that far from Southern Methodist University (SMU), so some SMU women will make it down to the lake's path at times. I would call White Rock Lake pickup artist saturated as it is one of the few outdoor places near Downtown Dallas where it is somewhat feasible to do approaches. Katy Trail and Klyde Warren get more pickup artist types, and even those places are disappointments for most PUA types.

I have been out to Lake Lewisville a few times, but not for many years. Lewisville is a suburb of Dallas and Fort Worth that's middle class and not exceptional, with some trashy elements. When someone goes to Lake Lewisville, it's usually not sophisticated urbanites that you'd see closer to Downtown Dallas. If you read the main article above, it's about a 62 year old man getting with a 40 year old single woman with a 16 year old daughter. There are some hot single moms on Lake Lewisville with breast augmentations. You might also see some 18-23 year olds who are either working service jobs or attending community college. The 18-23 year olds around Lake Lewisville are different than the 18-23 year olds near SMU in Dallas.

Sneaky Pete's is the main venue off of Lake Lewisville. They have some mediocre at best sand volleyball courts out back.

I don't know as much about Lake Ray Hubbard or Grapevine Lake. I've driven past Lake Ray Hubbard and it seemed like it could be fun. Both are also in suburbia.

Some other people might be able to help me out in this thread. @HaleyBaron and ex-Dallas area resident @jaymbrs could add to this.
I live in Houston now but Sneaky Pete’s used to be the spot to be at. Plenty of options, women were fun and boat rentals readily available. I personally had a lot of success picking up women from there.

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I live in Houston now but Sneaky Pete’s used to be the spot to be at. Plenty of options, women were fun and boat rentals readily available. I personally had a lot of success picking up women from there.
Sneaky Petes isn't what it was back in the day. They let it get ran down and have since remodeled and its helped, but the hot girls don't show up like they used to. Still a fun place if you want some bar food by the lake.

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lake Lewisville and Lake Texoma(north of dallas 1.5hrs) are the best party lakes around. Plenty of attractive single 20 somethings in that scene. They show up with the guys that own expensive wake board boats or the old guys with big yachts. I've got all sorts of wild stories from my lake partying days. My buddy had a boat but we always tried to find girls when we got there, instead of bringing our own. Always less drama that way and there is never a point in bringing sand to a beach if you know what I mean.

Lake Ray Hubbard and Grapevine are nice lakes, but don't have the party scene and expensive boats.

Wherever the money is at is where the hot girls are.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lake Lewisville and Lake Texoma(north of dallas 1.5hrs) are the best party lakes around. Plenty of attractive single 20 somethings in that scene. They show up with the guys that own expensive wake board boats or the old guys with big yachts. I've got all sorts of wild stories from my lake partying days. My buddy had a boat but we always tried to find girls when we got there, instead of bringing our own. Always less drama that way and there is never a point in bringing sand to a beach if you know what I mean.

Lake Ray Hubbard and Grapevine are nice lakes, but don't have the party scene and expensive boats.

Wherever the money is at is where the hot girls are.
No love for Possum Kingdom lake??

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sneaky Pete’s used to be the spot to be at. Plenty of options, women were fun and boat rentals readily available. I personally had a lot of success picking up women from there.
Sneaky Petes isn't what it was back in the day. They let it get ran down and have since remodeled and its helped, but the hot girls don't show up like they used to. Still a fun place if you want some bar food by the lake.
Thank you both. This is good information. I went to Sneaky Pete's a few times in my first year in Dallas, but it's been ~10 years since I was last at Sneaky Pete's. When I was last at Sneaky Pete's, there were some hot, young suburbia Lewisville type townies who likely still lived with their parents. I saw back then that Sneaky Pete's had some potential but it looks like it was going downhill when I was last there and hasn't improved all too much.

Since I like fishing, I have fished Lake Texoma but never partied or made an effort to party at Lake Texoma. It seems like there might be some scene of Dallas area residents that go up to Texoma during warmer periods of the year. I didn't even think to add Texoma to my discussion of the lake scene earlier today.

I might have to try something different at Lake Lewisville in the future. Probably not try hanging out at Sneaky Pete's like I did ~10 years ago but try to find my way on to someone's boat at Lake Lewisville. I do not currently know any boat owners. That was true ~10 years ago in the few times I went to Sneaky Pete's and played some volleyball. The volleyball courts were not all that great then. Once Sandbar Cantina opened in Dallas, when I wanted to play volleyball, I went there. Sandbar Cantina is much closer to Dallas.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In Dallas, like in many cities, apartment complexes can be a big part of a social life and even a place where you'll find dates.

I have noticed that in Dallas, more attractive women tend to live in newer apartment complexes. Older apartment complexes (1990s or earlier) tend to attract less attractive female residents. I think this is because Dallas is a very status oriented city that has developed a reputation for pretentiousness.

In my opinion, the better play in apartment complexes is social circle game. Dating a woman in your own apartment complex is shiiting in your own backyard, especially when she lives on the same floor as you and down the hall. That's too close. When things go bad, and they often will, you'll still have to see this woman. That's uncomfortable.

In larger apartment communities (I would call that 200+ units), you might be able to justify dating someone in the complex under one of 2 scenarios.
  • If you are in a mid-rise or high rise building (4+ stories), the woman lives on a different floor as you do, and you're not likely to ever go to that floor. It's still possible you might run into her in common areas, but some men are comfortable with that risk level, especially if you're only seeing her 1-2 times a month at best.
  • If you are in a complex of garden style buildings (multiple 1-3 story buildings), the woman lives a few buildings away and you're not likely to see her walking to/from your car. Like the last scenario, it's still possible to see her in common areas but the risk is mitigated if her building is not close to yours.
If you use your own apartment complex as a general social circle play, the female residents of your complex may provide you with introductions to their friends who don't live in the complex.

The better play in general is to get outside your apartment complex, no matter how big or how small it is. The real action is there.

Reaction score
I’ve talked to many young women in my apartment complex for non gaming reasons. I could see it being awkward because you don’t want to run in to them again if things go south.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I’ve talked to many young women in my apartment complex for non gaming reasons. I could see it being awkward because you don’t want to run in to them again if things go south.
In a small complex, you will run into them again when things go south if both of you stay in that complex long enough.

As mentioned earlier, if the complex is big enough (200+ units is where I draw the line), you might be able to get away with it under the conditions I stated above.

A good situation can be if the woman lives at an apartment complex that isn't yours but is walking distance from yours. That's only possible in certain locations. Even in the locations where it is possible, it doesn't often happen like that.

Reaction score
In a small complex, you will run into them again when things go south if both of you stay in that complex long enough.

As mentioned earlier, if the complex is big enough (200+ units is where I draw the line), you might be able to get away with it under the conditions I stated above.

A good situation can be if the woman lives at an apartment complex that isn't yours but is walking distance from yours. That's only possible in certain locations. Even in the locations where it is possible, it doesn't often happen like that.
I believe in the NPC/simulation theory and despite my complex being quite big next to other complexes, I regularly see the same people walking about lol.

HaleyBaron

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've seen enough "today on the news, homicide in apartment xyz" to not deal with those situations.

However, you can get away messing around in higher quality apartments. The amount of girls who come home from night out when Im over at my friend's after 2 AM. They walking in alone dressed like they're dtf, but you can tell they just came back from a night empty handed. Despite looking fine af. Mostly their fault.

The downside is that if I lived there and started ****ing random women, there will likely be drama cause I would never be able to hide anything if they see me with different girls. The only solution would be to deem yourself as the playboy and just ride with it.

jaymbrs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In Dallas, like in many cities, apartment complexes can be a big part of a social life and even a place where you'll find dates.

I have noticed that in Dallas, more attractive women tend to live in newer apartment complexes. Older apartment complexes (1990s or earlier) tend to attract less attractive female residents. I think this is because Dallas is a very status oriented city that has developed a reputation for pretentiousness.

In my opinion, the better play in apartment complexes is social circle game. Dating a woman in your own apartment complex is shiiting in your own backyard, especially when she lives on the same floor as you and down the hall. That's too close. When things go bad, and they often will, you'll still have to see this woman. That's uncomfortable.

In larger apartment communities (I would call that 200+ units), you might be able to justify dating someone in the complex under one of 2 scenarios.
  • If you are in a mid-rise or high rise building (4+ stories), the woman lives on a different floor as you do, and you're not likely to ever go to that floor. It's still possible you might run into her in common areas, but some men are comfortable with that risk level, especially if you're only seeing her 1-2 times a month at best.
  • If you are in a complex of garden style buildings (multiple 1-3 story buildings), the woman lives a few buildings away and you're not likely to see her walking to/from your car. Like the last scenario, it's still possible to see her in common areas but the risk is mitigated if her building is not close to yours.
If you use your own apartment complex as a general social circle play, the female residents of your complex may provide you with introductions to their friends who don't live in the complex.

The better play in general is to get outside your apartment complex, no matter how big or how small it is. The real action is there.
Agree. My ex used to live at one of the MAA apartments in uptown and the women there were all top notch, college age, trust fund types.

HaleyBaron

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Agree. My ex used to live at one of the MAA apartments in uptown and the women there were all top notch, college age, trust fund types.
I've seen those women, too. Not bad looking but Im curious who their usual lays are.