Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Observations on Atlanta's scene.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Buying a house in an Atlanta suburb or a suburb of mostly any city is a logistical disadvantage for men who are under 40-45 & pursuing 20s/30s childless women.
If traffic is half as bad as I suspect it is, you'd be a prisoner in your own neighborhood. Kind of like LA, but without the great weather.

Last edited:

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The traffic is bad in Atlanta. Ive been there many times. It doesnt matter if its 10am or 2pm or 10pm, that city always seems backed up. Every time I ask a person there thoughts on Atlanta after they have visited it, the person will always mention the bad traffic as part of describing Atlanta. It never fails.
As I mentioned in my earlier post, the metro population has doubled in 25 yrs and they haven't built any new freeways since then. I have no idea what they're thinking lol. It was pretty bad back then.

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As I mentioned in my earlier post, the metro population has doubled in 25 yrs and they haven't built any new freeways since then. I have no idea what they're thinking lol. It was pretty bad back then.
They built the I-285 loop a long time ago, and a good amount of the growth was just adjacent to it; the other growth has simply been adjacent to the 6 interstate rays. For a number of miles, the freeways are constrained such that can't be expanded. without displacing a whole lot of stuff.

At some point, the traffic gets so bad that folks decide to move to a smaller town with less traffic, and the jobs follow.

zinc4

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So @SW15 and I have been trying to add our experiences being in various cities for a while and giving our observations on their scene. Today, I want to focus on my home city, the A Town. I grew up in the Peach State and sometimes, I gotta say, having traveled all over I do miss some aspects of it. While I cannot relate too much to the people of Georgia, I consider myself a Georgia boy and the year has been kind to us (Braves and Dawgs won!). No time to waste though, let's go.

The nightlife is pretty good.

Atlanta isn't NYC or Vegas but it's doable, I am surprised PUAs don't put more attention to it. The best spot is The Dark Horse in VA Highlands but in Buckhead, you can't go wrong with the Big Sky area. The Ivy is good and right next to it, Johnnys Hideaway (world famous cougar bar). Compared to here in Miami, I say Atlanta wins big time and has a nightlife that is 5 times better. It ain't NYC but for what it is, it offers a real good opportunity for you to pull. If you have some decent game and decent looks, you are easily above 95% of guys there.

I say Atlanta is a city where you can pull once a week if you explore all your options and do a good number of approaches. Start off at the Buckhead Saloon/Big Sky area and run numbers game. Another night, go for broke at The Ivy. One other night, consider Dark Horse and spend the night there. I realized I took Atlanta nightlife for granted after seeing just how god awful Miami nightlife is.

If you have not been to an Atlanta stripclub, please go. Go to Pink Pony in Brookhaven (not the one near the airport) and to The Cheetah Lounge.

A pretty good city to settle down in.

House prices once you get outside of the perimeter are reasonable and you can get a good bang for your buck. You will find a lot of family oriented types and some can be real good friends of yours. People in Georgia are quite laid back outside the perimeter on politics, it's not the NYC outrage culture where Republican = Satan. People just live their own lives and largely leave you alone for the most part. Right now, Atlanta is affordable enough and probably the most livable between NYC and Miami. Expect a heavy sports culture as people live and die on college football since it's the south. You can definitely find a healthy and welcoming community in the city once you get outside the perimeter. At times, after seeing how awful and outraged type people in NYC were, I sometimes miss Atlanta.

Try out the food.

Southern food, man, it is amazing. If you have not had cheese grits, I recommend having cheese grits with biscuit for a breakfast. Try the nasty Varsity, it is awful but you just try it lol. Due to the growing Asian and Indian population, you have a lot of good food from those cultures. Even better, try out some of the American food, especially if it is fried like a nice fried chicken sandwich. We spoil you with food in Georgia, which is why we are so fat as a state!

Probably the best city in the world if you are into black women.

If you are not into black girls, come to Atlanta and you will find your exception. They say Atlanta is great for single men, yeah, that's single men who are into black women. Black women in Atlanta are open to dating all kinds of men of different races and I have seen them date anywhere from white to asian to brown to latin to whatever guys. You will find some cool and classy black girls in Atlanta.

Bbbbuuuutttttt if you are into anything else.

Don't have high hopes. I mean it's like while we have the hottest black women out of anywhere on the planet, our quality in all other race of women is awful. Even white women in Atlanta are a borderline disappointment. Back in my college days, the classy sorority girls went off to Nashville or NYC while the trashy ones and ugly ones ended up in Atlanta. You either get a trashy sorority sister type with a huge ego or an ultra leftist Woke warrior (which we surprisingly have a lot of) type. Hot white girls do exist though so don't give up hope and keep on gaming.

Our Asian, Indian, Latin, and ethnic girls though? I'll venture and say some of the most hideous out there.

Bizarro world and why you see some hot girls with guys that would struggle in most other cities.

Atlanta might desperately claim to be the capital of Black America and a progressive city but deep down, in the heart of it, it is a good ole boy network. Buckhead is pretty much post-college kids from SEC schools in their 20s who love to go to places like Big Sky and Ivy. Women still care about who you were in college and stick with their former Greek Life crew. You will see men having status based off of who they were in college, even though they are an overweight 25 year old that wears khakis and collar shirts to bars. It's a weird type of Bizzaro world.

Make no mistake about it, Atlanta's culture (especially in Buckhead) is very status chasing and clout heavy. One of my friends calls it LA's inbred cousin and yeah....it's hard to disagree. Due to the film industry and the rap flashiness, Atlanta is heavily clout driven.

The culture is also oddly sex shaming, it's a big city that can feel socially like a small town.

Yes, Atlanta is the home of some of the best strip clubs in the country and rap music that is overly ratchet. At the same time, it is the Bible Belt and you will find a lot of people who will hate you for being the guy that gets around. Somehow, the hyper leftist culture mixed in with Christians that desperately want to appear self-righteous leads to a socially congestive atmosphere where women cannot sleep around as openly as they would in an NYC or an LA. It's a big city that can easily feel like a small town. Lots of crazy youth churches too.

You can sense this frustration in locals as well. Compared to NYC or Miami, I noticed a lot more passive-aggressiveness in Atlanta whenever I was buying something or from people around me. Lots of people had pent up frustration and you commonly saw it with road rage.

But there are opportunities and the competition is a joke.

Compared to NYC and especially Miami, the competition in Atlanta is a joke. While it is a more closed off environment due to how social circle heavy it can get, you can still find a lot of women who are open and looking to meet a cool guy. My favorite bar was The Dark Horse in Virginia Highlands, 4 stories and you meet so many amazing women who are approachable. The scene may be more hipster but you will find all sorts of girls there, especially sorority types who are fed up with Buckhead.

Out of every state I have lived in, it is worth mentioning that Georgia guys have the worst game. I blame it on the heavily religious upbringing mixed in with extreme reliance on social circles but Georgia guys are very awkward and odd around women. For some men, even sex before marriage is a foreign concept, I am not kidding here. While the black population does bring up the game level in the city, I have found that even black guys in NY or CA had far tighter game than their Atlanta counterparts.

Anyone with an ounce of game knowledge could probably find a niche and clean up fast in Atlanta. Your competition is minimal and most guys worth their salt get so fed up with the city's scene that they bail. If you did have low moral standards, you'll be shocked at how many married women desperately want to get screwed because they missed out on some of their sluttiest years.

Be ready to deal with ****blocking, mate guarding and passive aggressive AMOGing from local dudes though.

Georgia guys are not used to some random guy going up to a girl at a bar and chatting her up. When I lived in NYC and even now in Miami, I notice guys do it all the time. In Atlanta, so many women just stuck to their circles and people in theirs. You'll commonly see this at The Ivy where former Greek Life folks stay in their cliques. If you approach a girl in an NYC or Miami and she's with a dude or a group, people will just brush it off and some may even respect you for it. In Atlanta, expect for guys to straight up fight you or have an aggressive response.

I cannot help but feel that the sexual frustration and an environment that can seem so closed leads to a lot of pent up frustration in local guys. Whenever I have lived in other cities, I always found something off about fellow Atliens. They were either super judgmental, overcompensating, or just always really bitter compared to folks from elsewhere.

Misc, other.

Atlanta has its ups and downs but I still call it home. I feel like it is a good city for you to spend a year or two in to get yourself together before you move to an NYC or LA. You can also build a great life for yourself in the city once you decide to settle down. I never knew how good some aspects of it were until I left to go an NYC or a Miami.

The ivy is greek douchebag central. I got fingered a sorority girl on that tiny little dance bar in front of e everyone last time i was there.

Johnny Hideaways right next door is legendary. I have pulled a lot there. I live like 8 mins away driving distance when im at home in Atlanta.

That sky bar / buckhead saloon area is gold....you can pull almost every night walking around those bars and randomly dancing with women.

Jesse Pinkman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The ivy is greek douchebag central. I got fingered a sorority girl on that tiny little dance bar in front of e everyone last time i was there.

Johnny Hideaways right next door is legendary. I have pulled a lot there. I live like 8 mins away driving distance when im at home in Atlanta.

That sky bar / buckhead saloon area is gold....you can pull almost every night walking around those bars and randomly dancing with women.
Ayyyyyyeeee.

Man you have got to show me the secrets of Johnny, I have never had any luck there but had a ton at Big Sky. I almost wanna stay in Atlanta for a bit now come to think of it.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
They built the I-285 loop a long time ago, and a good amount of the growth was just adjacent to it; the other growth has simply been adjacent to the 6 interstate rays. For a number of miles, the freeways are constrained such that can't be expanded. without displacing a whole lot of stuff.

At some point, the traffic gets so bad that folks decide to move to a smaller town with less traffic, and the jobs follow.
It seems like the growth is now *along* the interstates, going east on 1-20 for example there's now suburbs going for miles where there used to be crickets a generation ago. Meanwhile, there the inner perimeter seems like half of it is just forestland. Why not build expressways there, at least one north-south to alleviate the merge downtown? It's almost like, going to what I've been alluding to in this thread, those on the outskirts don't want those in the city to be also to access the suburbs. And from what you're describing, there's no way to add lanes to the interstates. I remember there was a big to-do about the new Braves stadium over this issue.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't think that going Monk Mode for a set amount of time is a bad move. TBH, after the NYC COVID hysteria and how crazy people got, it wore on my mental health. I am talking not being able to get coffee without a Karen yelling at you for not having a mask on. You come to a point after enough experience in life where you value your sanity and your mental health. I went back home for a few months to Atlanta and was as happy as I could have ever been.

Yeah I was with my parents but I had my dog to play around with and a healthy routine. It isn't long-term but something to get in shape for the time being and get your life together before you get back out there.
Maybe a slower-paced, mid-sized city like Boise or Omaha is the answer? From what I understand, these are the kinds of places the 20-something wholesome hotties who flock to NYC come from to begin with.

Last edited:

zinc4

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ayyyyyyeeee.

Man you have got to show me the secrets of Johnny, I have never had any luck there but had a ton at Big Sky. I almost wanna stay in Atlanta for a bit now come to think of it.
If you want to pull at Johnny's it's all about successfully getting women on the dance floor. It's kind of a fish bowl in there and everyone is watching. Just don't get visibly rejected/declined anywhere near the dancefloor where people can see. If girls see you dancing with multiple women there, your value there goes up a lot. Never failed to pull when dancing with multiple women there. One or two rejections can really screw you up fast there though.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Maybe a slower-paced, mid-sized city like Boise or Omaha is the answer? From what I understand, these are the kinds of places the 20-something wholesome hotties who flock to NYC come from to begin with.
Mid-sized cities are good environments for a couple groups of men...

1) Men who grew up in said mid-sized city
2) Small town men from towns with 2-3 hours driving distance of that mid-size city

I doubt someone living in Boston who didn't grow up in Boston could show up in Boise and have it be a great experience.

For out West, I've only been in SoCal & Manver Denver.
That is bad. Man Diego, Menver, and Los Angeles.

Seems like you've had fun in Atlanta.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you want to pull at Johnny's it's all about successfully getting women on the dance floor. It's kind of a fish bowl in there and everyone is watching. Just don't get visibly rejected/declined anywhere near the dancefloor where people can see. If girls see you dancing with multiple women there, your value there goes up a lot. Never failed to pull when dancing with multiple women there. One or two rejections can really screw you up fast there though.
Willie Naylor's is a pretty happening spot. Kind of a country place though.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The Phx/Scottsdale area is pretty good if you're older. Lots of bangable older women here. Think Wifey from Wifey's World (she lives here).
I think it would be awesome if you wrote a guide to Phoenix/Scottsdale like @Jesse Pinkman has written Atlanta, Miami, New York City, and college and I wrote the Dallas one.

Jesse Pinkman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Visited Atlanta a few weeks ago and man the city has gone downhill to a great degree since COVID. I almost don't recognize the city. Not sure if it is because I lived in objectively superior cities after leaving Atlanta or what but it is unrecognizable. For starters, places like the Buckhead Mall have become a seedy spot where they have hired private security to deal with the ratchet behavior. The place has become full on ghetto compared to where it was a while back.

The quality has managed to get worse or at least not improve. I am just amazed at how bad the quality of women in Atlanta, even Buckhead, is compared to the women you run into in NYC and especially Miami. The attitudes of white women in the city are still among the worst in the entire south, maybe Nashville can rival it there. Seriously, walk through midtown and most other places and you are hard pressed to find that many approachable women or women worth approaching.

What I have noticed most is how much more divided, woke, and trashy the city has become. I know it hypes itself up as the NYC of the south but I consider it the Detroit of the south. The local black population hates anyone that is not black and is so militant against them, ironically they hate the immigrants more than they hate the whites. The local white population is mostly Rust Belt burnouts trying to live the most Dad type of lifestyle possible.

Comparing it to when I grew up, the people have become way more rude, confrontational, and yeah, the passive-aggressive Southern behavior is still there and got worse.

I feel as if over the years, in being desperate for growth, Atlanta imported the worst of the worst. You had the grumpy Yankees that couldn't cut it up north, the militant blacks who hated anyone not black, the Woke Liberals who wanted a lower cost of living, and the southern Good Ole Boys who were too trashy for Charleston. It is like one nasty swamp of people who have more or less given up on making anything serious out of themselves and their lives.

CornbreadFed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Visited Atlanta a few weeks ago and man the city has gone downhill to a great degree since COVID. I almost don't recognize the city. Not sure if it is because I lived in objectively superior cities after leaving Atlanta or what but it is unrecognizable. For starters, places like the Buckhead Mall have become a seedy spot where they have hired private security to deal with the ratchet behavior. The place has become full on ghetto compared to where it was a while back.

The quality has managed to get worse or at least not improve. I am just amazed at how bad the quality of women in Atlanta, even Buckhead, is compared to the women you run into in NYC and especially Miami. The attitudes of white women in the city are still among the worst in the entire south, maybe Nashville can rival it there. Seriously, walk through midtown and most other places and you are hard pressed to find that many approachable women or women worth approaching.

What I have noticed most is how much more divided, woke, and trashy the city has become. I know it hypes itself up as the NYC of the south but I consider it the Detroit of the south. The local black population hates anyone that is not black and is so militant against them, ironically they hate the immigrants more than they hate the whites. The local white population is mostly Rust Belt burnouts trying to live the most Dad type of lifestyle possible.

Comparing it to when I grew up, the people have become way more rude, confrontational, and yeah, the passive-aggressive Southern behavior is still there and got worse.

I feel as if over the years, in being desperate for growth, Atlanta imported the worst of the worst. You had the grumpy Yankees that couldn't cut it up north, the militant blacks who hated anyone not black, the Woke Liberals who wanted a lower cost of living, and the southern Good Ole Boys who were too trashy for Charleston. It is like one nasty swamp of people who have more or less given up on making anything serious out of themselves and their lives.
Really? I thought it was the best city in the southeast, but that's not saying much tbh lol. I also do not consider Dallas, Houston, Tampa, and Miami to be the southeast as well.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I also do not consider Dallas, Houston, Tampa, and Miami to be the southeast as well.
Dallas and Houston are definitely not Southeastern.

To me, the most Southeastern city is Atlanta. Knoxville, Nashville, and Memphis are all Southeastern too.

CornbreadFed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dallas and Houston are definitely not Southeastern.

To me, the most Southeastern city is Atlanta. Knoxville, Nashville, and Memphis are all Southeastern too.
Yeah I’d consider Charlotte above all of those cities besides Atlanta because Atlanta is just much bigger. Nashville is a complete shvt hole imho.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah I’d consider Charlotte above all of those cities besides Atlanta because Atlanta is just much bigger. Nashville is a complete shvt hole imho.
Charlotte and the other North Carolina cities like Raleigh and Wilmington are also Southeastern.

I visited Nashville and wasn't impressed. Centennial Park where The Parthenon replica is might be a good place daygame in Nashville when the weather isn't absurdly hot and humid.

Why do you think Atlanta is better than Nashville overall?

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I personally prefer the Nashville nightlife to Atlanta but I would have to spend more time in Atlanta before I make a full judgement, I think.

CornbreadFed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Charlotte and the other North Carolina cities like Raleigh and Wilmington are also Southeastern.

I visited Nashville and wasn't impressed. Centennial Park where The Parthenon replica is might be a good place daygame in Nashville when the weather isn't absurdly hot and humid.

Why do you think Atlanta is better than Nashville overall?
Centennial Park is full of naive families and homeless. I used to run at that park and I an instance with a hobo led me to stop doing so. Note, this was pre-pandemic, so things could've changed. Nashville has hotter women than Atlanta, but that’s where it ends. People tend to base Nashville off of their weekend vacation experiences on Broadway which is an inaccurate representation of the city. Most of the women you meet on Broadway are either tourists or celebrating some event. Nashville women have the worst attitudes out of any women in the US IMHO. They all think they are God's gift and try so hard to portray themselves as the Los Angeles of the south. Everyone thinks they are a 50k millionaire because they split an apartment in the Gulch, East Nash, or 12th South. Yes, you have that in Atlanta and other cities, but it is extraordinary bad in Nashville. 49ers are abundant there and just about every young girl with a functioning vag has Tuesday access to a Chad. It is way easier to get laid in Atlanta, the job opportunities/COL is much better, the weather isn't as severe, and it is a much bigger city in general.

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Centennial Park is full of naive families and homeless. I used to run at that park and I an instance with a hobo led me to stop doing so. Note, this was pre-pandemic, so things could've changed. Nashville has hotter women than Atlanta, but that’s where it ends. People tend to base Nashville off of their weekend vacation experiences on Broadway which is an inaccurate representation of the city. Most of the women you meet on Broadway are either tourists or celebrating some event. Nashville women have the worst attitudes out of any women in the US IMHO. They all think they are God's gift and try so hard to portray themselves as the Los Angeles of the south. Everyone thinks they are a 50k millionaire because they split an apartment in the Gulch, East Nash, or 12th South. Yes, you have that in Atlanta and other cities, but it is extraordinary bad in Nashville. 49ers are abundant there and just about every young girl with a functioning vag has Tuesday access to a Chad. It is way easier to get laid in Atlanta, the job opportunities/COL is much better, the weather isn't as severe, and it is a much bigger city in general.
Yeahhhh I agree with you there on the attitudes of local Nashville women. They can be very stuck up. They also think they’re too good for Broadway which is hilarious lol