Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

nicksaiz65 Odyssey

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I guess the next best thing to do would be to focus on getting this lab in and completed well. Then I have to start studying for these upcoming tests IN ADVANCE. Like a week ahead of time.

Also while I'm at it, @Papa_smu and @marmel75 I had a question for you guys. So I've found these programs/labs pretty much impossible to solve without me going to the teacher to get help or going to tutoring every single week. But what happens when you're at your programming job and then there's a problem you have no idea how to even start? There's no teachers or tutoring then. Is it just you, the internet and any books you happen to have?

Oh and Marmel, as I'm going through this class idk how to feel about OOP anymore either. Seemed cool at first but it's starting to get frustrating and I'm really beginning to miss procedural programming.

Last edited:

GrowingPains

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"Success is my only motherfvcking option"
"I was playing in the beginning... The mood all changed..
I've been chewed up and spit out and boo'd off stage"

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sitting in class stressed...

I’m gonna graduate super late, I’m on the edge in all my classes(gotta stop doing this and assuming stuff), I’m worried I’m gonna have no friends next semester, I’m in the friendzone half the time and seen as a joke, I don’t know if it’s okay to have friends who are girls, I don’t know how to handle myself around black people(my own race), I’m not actually friends with half the people in my frat, I can’t dance, I don’t know how to text hoes without validating them, and I might not even be able to go on a date today like I wanted to because the code my instructor gave me in this lab is fvcking broken and it could take all night to fix.

I hate everything.

Can I get some kind words or something friends? I feel like my life is falling apart again.

GrowingPains

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Also while I'm at it, @Papa_smu and @marmel75 I had a question for you guys. So I've found these programs/labs pretty much impossible to solve without me going to the teacher to get help or going to tutoring every single week. But what happens when you're at your programming job and then there's a problem you have no idea how to even start? There's no teachers or tutoring then. Is it just you, the internet and any books you happen to have?
Having to go to office hours is fine. You're a student, after all. Students learn. If you do the readings, you'll often find that you can navigate most of the assignments without help. And if you do get help, it's clarifying questions rather than 'how do I do this?". What you're asking about the difference between school and professional life is misunderstood. Most students approach learning with the goal of getting an answer, approach learning with the goal of getting an understanding and you'll fair much better in the end.

Understanding leads to the ability to critically think. You may not know all the answers but you know how to navigate a problem; "What is it that I'm being asked? What do I know that affects this result? What're the underlying phenomena at play? I know what I'm looking for, but I recognize there's a gap in my understanding here so I will go read this book/talk to this senior engineer/watch this youtube video series so I can master this concept." That's how you deal with problems in the real world. That's not in the curriculum, it's unspoken and expected but should have more emphasis imo.

I hate everything.
Yeah yeah... life sucks. What are you going to DO about it?

"Don't cry to give up, cry to keep going. Don't cry to quit! You already in pain, you already hurt! Get a reward from it." - E.T.

Ideas:

- Get off your phone in class, pay attention and stop wasting your money and time
- Start ALL of your assignments that you mentioned earlier right now
- If you cant start right now, finish the things that are holding you up ASAP so you can

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Having to go to office hours is fine. You're a student, after all. Students learn. If you do the readings, you'll often find that you can navigate most of the assignments without help. And if you do get help, it's clarifying questions rather than 'how do I do this?". What you're asking about the difference between school and professional life is misunderstood. Most students approach learning with the goal of getting an answer, approach learning with the goal of getting an understanding and you'll fair much better in the end.

Understanding leads to the ability to critically think. You may not know all the answers but you know how to navigate a problem; "What is it that I'm being asked? What do I know that affects this result? What're the underlying phenomena at play? I know what I'm looking for, but I recognize there's a gap in my understanding here so I will go read this book/talk to this senior engineer/watch this youtube video series so I can master this concept." That's how you deal with problems in the real world. That's not in the curriculum, it's unspoken and expected but should have more emphasis imo.

"Don't cry to give up, cry to keep going. Don't cry to quit! You already in pain, you already hurt! Get a reward from it." - E.T.

Ideas:

- Get off your phone in class, pay attention and stop wasting your money and time
- If you cant start right now, finish the things that are holding you up ASAP so you can
Thanks bro. I begrudgingly sat through the rest of the class lol.

I'm going to keep following this action plan that I've laid out for myself to fix my life. There's just that eternal doubt that keeps telling me "This'll never work, just give up and accept your place as a loser professionally and socially." I thought I had killed that voice a long time ago.

I really don't have much wiggle room on these upcoming assignments. I have to make an A. So this week is really gonna suck.

I meant to make a post about where I realized "value giving texts" are worthless and just give the female validation. So I can fix that by watching the AMS Texting Manifesto(and not validating them). Other than that and one more question I had, I'll chill on the theory guys, I promise. The reason I'm so deep into it is that I know literally nothing so I think that theory will help with that. Of course, nothing beats application....

I'm about to go meet with the TA and have him take a look at this code.

And I'm probably gonna have to reschedule this date. At this rate, school is kicking my ass so hard that I'd be happy if I just get a couple new Lay Reports this semester and more Approaches along with a decent GPA. That shouldn't be too hard, and I won't hate myself over the summer for being incompetent with life/women. Hell, I may just go hang out with a girl on Friday after all my work is done, I don't know.

Also I crashed again last night. Why is it that even on coffee/energy drinks I still crash? I don't get it. Ngl, it feels fantastic to be fully rested though.

And what do you think about having a physical alarm clock that I have to get up to turn off? Sometimes I wake up and then I just shut my alarm off and go back to sleep. Not good for gainz or having a job.

One thing that's really been bugging me is how hard this college experience has been for me(I say this like I don't have a long way to go.) Why is it that for me it's literally a process of soul searching discovery but for everyone else it's just go to class for 4 years, party, and done? I know I only have myself to blame, but still.

GrowingPains

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why is it that for me it's literally a process of soul searching discovery but for everyone else it's just go to class for 4 years, party, and done?
https://www.sosuave.net/forum/threads/you-are-not-special-not-generic-post.256570/

Says who? Google "duck syndrome".

You are not special. Everyone has their own hell. You need to conquer yours.

Listen man, it's to a point where you know what you need to do. People have told you repeatedly. You have had many instances where you've realized these things to be true.

It's time to get busy. Either you are going to do it or you aren't. That's all there is to it. It is binary at this point. Worry about women later and stop reading theory all together. No parties. No nothing until you feel ahead in school. We can't tell you anything you don't know at this point. Start thinking and acting for yourself. That is my answers to the questions you posed. You are considering them, so if you think they offer you some benefit, fvcking do it.

Either your going to pull it off or you aren't. Make the decision now.

Live your life to the fullest. Enjoy the process. Real lions enjoy the hunt dammit. Stop whining and get to work. Reflect for a second, adjust, and grind for hours with your new self-realized insight.

That's just tough love, no negative intent.

Last edited:

shouldbefun

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score

Ideas:

Strong words here. Wise words. Would be a shame if you didn’t absorb this knowledge Nick.

shouldbefun

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
https://www.sosuave.net/forum/threads/you-are-not-special-not-generic-post.256570/

Says who? Google "duck syndrome".

You are not special. Everyone has their own hell. You need to conquer yours.

Listen man, it's to a point where you know what you need to do. People have told you repeatedly. You have had many instances where you've realized these things to be true.

It's time to get busy. Either you are going to do it or you aren't. That's all there is to it. It is binary at this point. Worry about women later and stop reading theory all together. No parties. No nothing until you feel ahead in school. We can't tell you anything you don't know at this point. Start thinking and acting for yourself. That is my answers to the questions you posed. You are considering them, so if you think they offer you some benefit, fvcking do it.

Either your going to pull it off or you aren't. Make the decision now.

Live your life to the fullest. Enjoy the process. Real lions enjoy the hunt dammit. Stop whining and get to work. Reflect for a second, adjust, and grind for hours with your new self-realized insight.

That's just tough love, no negative intent.
Yeah theory is all good but remember guys have been getting laid since the ice age. If anything, you are hesitating and putting girls on the pedastal. Enough of this bitching. Focus on your studying. Get that **** done, study smart. Change your habits if its still ****. You have two months now. Exams soon.

shouldbefun

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I think Nick is lost. Big time. He wants to make it but he doesn’t want to declare martial law. You must declare.

GrowingPains

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nick I'd kill for your situation. My exams are next week. We have quarters instead of semesters. 10 weeks.

If I were in your shoes, I'd start knocking things out so I can study for exams starting next week. Even if that meant 1 hour a day. But that's just me.

shouldbefun

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Nick I'd kill for your situation. My exams are next week. We have quarters instead of semesters. 10 weeks.

If I were in your shoes, I'd start knocking things out so I can study for exams starting next week. Even if that meant 1 hour a day. But that's just me.
Even if its just going over the content. Rinse and repeat. 30-45 mins of deep work x 3 sets per day is better than masturbating for several hours or working like a sled dog in the library. Unless you enjoy it then all cool.

Edit: dependig on my mood and energy, I do both but you better be doing something.

Status
Not open for further replies.