NFL 2007-2008 season thread

mpimpin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just got back from an hour drive to see the game. Stupid NFL network. I live in a college town and yet none of the bars here had the NFL network. So the roommate and I took a road trip! and watched through a window for an hour before we finally got a seat to eat and watch the game....good times though

3countriesPlan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Go Patriots! 16-0 baby! They need to start stomping on people again.. those fantasy football point totals were just plain sick! The last two weeks have shown us the Patriots have heart..

st_99

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I CANT BELIEVE THEY CALLED THAT LAST TD A TD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Clearly he had no possession, it was sooooooooooooooo friggin obvious!!!

WTF are the refs looking at!!!!!!!!!!

I think the Colts are gona kick the crap out of the Pats in the playoffs. Their defense sucks AZZ.

cordoncordon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Few things....

Pats D is getting older and slower by the game. They are getting torched by the Eagles and the Ravens, not exactly powerhouses offensively. Looking very vulnerable.

That last penalty called on the Ravens was a penalty, tough time to call it though.

However, that TD catch imo was not a catch. Clearly looked to me like he was slightly bobbling the ball as he switched it from his left hand to his right, and by that time he was out of bounds.

NE was very very lucky to have won that game, and i think they get beat next week by the Steelers.

st_99

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
cordoncordon said:
That last penalty called on the Ravens was a penalty, tough time to call it though.

The refs were so afraid of ruining the pats perfect season, hence the interference call and the no overturn on the td.

st_99

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm so amped up over this game I can't go the hell to sleep now. :crazy:

cordoncordon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Beyond anything, i think we can safely say that the Pats are not the greatest team ever, at least not yet. And honestly, their D looks very vulnerable to me. Plus the weight of going undefeated will get heavier and heavier every week. I would be very surprised to see them go undefeated this year. If they don't get beat by the Steelers next week or the Giants the last week of the season, I do see the Colts beating them in the playoffs......again :).

Nip/Tuck

Banned
Reaction score
cordoncordon said:
Few things....

Pats D is getting older and slower by the game. They are getting torched by the Eagles and the Ravens, not exactly powerhouses offensively. Looking very vulnerable.

However, that TD catch imo was not a catch. Clearly looked to me like he was slightly bobbling the ball as he switched it from his left hand to his right, and by that time he was out of bounds.

NE was very very lucky to have won that game, and i think they get beat next week by the Steelers.
Sigh... Pat Haters know jack sh*t. Seriously when did the Pats ever have good defense? ESPN / reporters always over hype their defense. Today Tom Brady played like crap, but they still won and wins a win. Ravens got lucky, if Moss and everyone else played better the game wouldn't have been that close.

Oh wait let's not forget about how close the Colts are winning their games. Seriously all of you are just jealous that your team aren't undefeated. Don't give me that BS of refs favoring the Pats... have you even watched the Pats vs. Colts game? Half of those calls were clearly BS.

In the end, Pats are going to win the super bowl. Cowboys got beat.. by like what? 20 points? So they got no chance. Colts.. ya we already beat them. Greenbay might have a shot... but oh wait they lost against the cowboys. I guess the only real competitor left is the Steelers. I hope Tom Brady gets ANOTHER plus 300 yard game with plus 3 TD to Randy Moss. :crackup:

thefonz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Most teams cannot handle pressure in the nfl today.

Clearly the Eagles can't handle the pressure. Getting greedy and throwing a longball in the end of the 4th impatiently is giving in to the pressure. Having 3 game deciding penalties in a row like the ravens did does not show good handling of pressure. They beat themselves, and the Pats won that game fairly and in a blaze of glory.

Tom Brady is the greatest clutch athlete in history. When it's all on the line he doesn't flinch a bit. This is not the greatest football team in history but they are certainly one of the best. Any other team would have let the ego get in the way after being used to blowing out teams by 20 points. The patriots clearly still have that underdog mentality to overcome that kind of pounding.

Not to bash the cowboys or anything but tony romo is getting lucky somehow and i doubt he can perform under pressure.

AFC Savior

Banned
Reaction score
some of you patriots bashers really do think like women!!! women are emotional and not rational, and neither are u!!!

The 72 dolphins won a ton of close games that were decided by 1TD or less, and the 86 bears even LOST a game, while winning a few others by close scores too

the fact that some of you losers expect the patriots to kill every single team they play by 30-40 points is absurd!!! NO TEAM CAN JUST KILL EVERYONE. How dare some of you downplay the dominance of the patriots by saying "well they just barely won".......ok, so if a team wins 3 games in a row by 40 points each, and then wins 2 games by 3 points, then all of a sudden they are not that good anymore??

I dont need to dig into this season's games, but i know for a fact that the colts, packers, and cowboys have had many close games where they barely won, and yea, even some that they LOST

keep the following in mind:

The patriots beat the Eagles and Ravens by 3 and 4 points, and they for some idiotic reason are considered not that great anymore, meanwhile the colts beat Jacksonville by 3 (28-25), and all of a sudden the Colts are "back"????

HAHAHAHHA alot of you retards think so irrationally and all based on ****ing emotion

Fluid

Don Juan
Reaction score
LOL PATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

liek what 4 4th down attempts in the final minute...

AND THE HAIL MARY CAUGHT!!!

but serusly i feel bad for the ravens, 4th and 1 , timeout, replay, offsides and they were gonna get stopped both times ....

too bad they wont go 16 - 0 cuz of the DOLPHINS ,

AFC Savior

Banned
Reaction score
the team i played against this week in fantasy football had tom brady, and i beat them, all thanks to the ravens not giving up 5 brady TD passes.......so im kinda happy the patriots barely won lol

AFC Savior

Banned
Reaction score
some of you patriots bashers really do think like women!!! women are emotional and not rational, and neither are u!!!

The 72 dolphins won a ton of close games that were decided by 1TD or less, and the 86 bears even LOST a game, while winning a few others by close scores too

the fact that some of you losers expect the patriots to kill every single team they play by 30-40 points is absurd!!! NO TEAM CAN JUST KILL EVERYONE. How dare some of you downplay the dominance of the patriots by saying "well they just barely won".......ok, so if a team wins 3 games in a row by 40 points each, and then wins 2 games by 3 points, then all of a sudden they are not that good anymore??

I dont need to dig into this season's games, but i know for a fact that the colts, packers, and cowboys have had many close games where they barely won, and yea, even some that they LOST

The patriots beat the Eagles and Ravens by 3 and 4 points, and they for some idiotic reason are considered not that great anymore, meanwhile the colts beat Jacksonville by 3 (28-25), and all of a sudden the Colts are "back"????

HAHAHAHHA alot of you retards think so irrationally and all based on ****ing emotion

Nip/Tuck

Banned
Reaction score
Deus ex Pianoforte said:
You already posted that yesterday. Therefore, I will post my reply again.

Relax. Before you go telling people not to act on emotion, you may want to make sure you are not using personal attacks and multiple exclamation points in your post.

Now, about the Pats. Yes, they have barely won a handful of games. Just like the other leading teams. Difference between the Pats and the Boys/Packers/Colts? Their opponents that had the game won made ridiculous errors at crunch time, and handed the Patriots another W. Are they a great team? Of course. Are they still completely dominating? Not really, no. Although in the end, it's all about the W's and L's.
So why are you still b*tching about the Ravens, Cowboys and Colts game if it's all about winning and losing? Pats are 12-0.. end of story. They were missing key starts but like their running backs and they still won games. You know why the other teams can finish? Cuz they are chokers, a really good team like the Patriots will get it done. I'm glad this weeks game will shut up all you haters.

cordoncordon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
AFC Savior said:

Well last I knew the Colts were the SBC and had beaten NE 3 of the past 4 games, and should have beaten the godlike pats this year WHILE MISSING 7 starters. So I would hardly consider them "gone" in the first place.