Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

New-data-shows-more-than-half-young-people-america-dont-have-romantic-partner

oc16

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I know many of us (myself included) feel like we are on the outside looking in watching the parade go by.

We think most of our peers and perhaps younger guys (I'm 44) are all in happy committed relationships with hot women!

You feel frustration, envy, and left out!

"What does that guy have that I don't"?? "Heck, I am better looking than that guy, how come I can't get a girlfriend like him?"

This article shatters that myth that the majority of other men are in committed relationships and happy when this is clearly not the case.

It’s not just you: New data shows more than half of young people in America don’t have a romantic partner - The Washington Post

forcerecon01

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I know many of us (myself included) feel like we are on the outside looking in watching the parade go by.

We think most of our peers and perhaps younger guys (I'm 44) are all in happy committed relationships with hot women!

You feel frustration, envy, and left out!

"What does that guy have that I don't"?? "Heck, I am better looking than that guy, how come I can't get a girlfriend like him?"

This article shatters that myth that the majority of other men are in committed relationships and happy when this is clearly not the case.

It’s not just you: New data shows more than half of young people in America don’t have a romantic partner - The Washington Post
Its a sinking ship

Zimbabwe

Banned
Reaction score
There are a lot of theories on this topic, but I think there are two main reasons.

1. The first is that people have a serious lack of commitment in today's world, and are way too focused themselves to even think about getting married/being in a committed relationship. Along with this lack of commitment goes selfishness, which leads to people only wanting to hook up, because there is nothing to worry about when you hook up, not commitment, no string tying you up with any responsibility.
  2. The second, but less commonly known and thought about reason, is the fact that many women say that men sexually harass them when the man has done nothing wrong. I'm not saying that all men are innocent by any means, but there are and have been cases where all that a man says is "you look nice" or "you look very pretty today", and the woman then claims that the man sexually harassed her. Although I don't think that this is by any means a huge problem in today's culture, it still is nonetheless a problem, and men don't want to come off wrong, for fear of what the woman will say or do.
This idea that men can compartmentalize sex and attraction is complete sexist fiction of left-wing men in denial.

Overall, I think that the problem in today's world is that people lack responsibility in the things that really matter, such as relationships and family. I'm all for being responsible to your job, and I don't think you should let anything get in the way of that. But people need to find a balance between work/other stuff and relationships, otherwise relationships will suffer.

Last edited:

oc16

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
“51 percent do not have a steady romantic partner.”

So a guy that can’t get any female attention at all is lumped into the same pool as a girl who has regular hookups but no relationship.
Yes, true. However I think most men on this site are looking for a woman that they want to get to know better, not just hook up with her.

metalwater

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It is even worse. How many of those relationships are actually happy and fulfilling for both the man and woman. I think less than 2%.

It is very normal to have or not to have an LTR. Neither position is strange. The hearts and minds of others are closed to view. We only share the info that will have a positive view. As a man, we are much better to have no LTR than a bad one. The common idea that it is better to have loved and lost than to not love at all is I think created by those that did not try and or women.

Birth control of all kinds... is at the root of this issue together with an easing of life causing men to soften(low T).

Zimbabwe

Banned
Reaction score
It is even worse. How many of those relationships are actually happy and fulfilling for both the man and woman. I think less than 2%.

It is very normal to have or not to have an LTR. Neither position is strange. The hearts and minds of others are closed to view. We only share the info that will have a positive view. As a man, we are much better to have no LTR than a bad one. The common idea that it is better to have loved and lost than to not love at all is I think created by those that did not try and or women.

Birth control of all kinds... is at the root of this issue together with an easing of life causing men to soften(low T).
Well you need to ask yourself why they got into those relationships in the first place, for most men it's a steady stream of s*x without the effort of having to go out and find new women.

Being honest, the only reason i was sad about relationships ending was because i won't get easy sex consistently anymore.

You're right about birth control, before s*x put you at risk of getting pregnant easly so you only did it with one partner. It's made sex so casual, and took away any sort of accountability.

BadBoy89

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Basically at the point now where I don’t trust anything I read or what people say.

I think everything is designed to make men feel inadequate, nervous, worthless, make the rich richer and give (young, hot, fertile) women more power.

Hamurabimbi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

I would say at least half are happily in a relationship (me included).

Zimbabwe

Banned
Reaction score
I think everything is designed to make men feel inadequate, nervous, worthless, make the rich richer and give (young, hot, fertile) women more power.
Exactly, society heavily promotes and sexualises women every chance they get while activily suppressing and shaming male sexuality.

Basically unless the guy is a Chad, he has to be Asexual while women dress as slooty as they want.

metalwater

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

derby1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
its quite simple, you cannot have a society that rewards women for getting the sack/being mediocre, Yet keep men the same as theyve always been.

mix in with this female hpyergamy and its over.

ie: A welfare mom in the UK, gets a damn decent house, and cash payments every week, she probably lives the same lifestyle as an accomplished male electrician. therefore her hypergamy wont think hes anything special, heck shes probably got a bigger house. Its disgusting.

yet hes the fitter more accomplished one. so youve got women who is a 3 who wont submit to a guy whos a 7.

add to this she has a 24/7 dating app in her hand, yet shes mediocre.

I couldnt even picture the hassle of dating a dime.

allergictobs

Don Juan
Reaction score
It's like this because more and more women aren't looking for a partner. They want to ride the c0ck carousel as long as they can.
This, or most women are simply not looking for anything - they just stay home, go to work, watch netflix and hang out with their girl friends.

Relationships and even casual hook ups require work, as in you need to be in shape, take care of your hair, shave your body, put on make up etc. The modern woman is too lazy for this, and many of them opt out completely. Not that men are any better in this regard - both sexes are out of shape and don't want to put much effort into attracting a mate.

Last edited:

derby1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This, or most women are simply not looking for anything - they just stay home, go to work, watch netflix and hang out with their girl friends.
I agree, they rinse men of dates and validation then ghost when its time to put out. People arent having as much random sex as what mainstream would try and make us believe.,

allergictobs

Don Juan
Reaction score
People arent having as much random sex as what mainstream would try and make us believe.,
True, I actually think people have never in modern history had as little random sex as today. Too many people on social media and news outlets writing about their sex life is a sign that it is non-existent in reality.

timmyroni

Banned
Reaction score
That's an old article from 2019 but I doubt the numbers have gotten any better. The pandemic likely made it worse.
That number is almost certainly astronomical now in 2021, 75% instead of 51%?

I ran into some friends and acquaintances at the arts and crafts festival I mentioned earlier. Three nerdy guys (with varying degrees career success) and two gals I hadn't seen before. The guys were volunteering at the event, helping the two girls in particular.

The guys were chatting up the girls and the girls were tolerant enough considering the guys were their assistants. I was guessing maybe the guys had some game and maybe angling for dates.

It turns out these guys were helping the girls to put on a PG-13/borderline R rated burlesque strip show! The girls were literally being handed huge wads of cash by old guys with the 20/30 guys getting played for volunteer/unpaid labor!