Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

need some cologne advice

moneyisking

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
just need to buy a cologne, but my knowledge in fragrance and cologne is almost as good as building a bridge, so I feel pretty lucky to have you guys give me a specified answer.

for preference, I like a fresh, inviting scent. I highly appreciate your recommendation. Thank you.

moneyisking

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
lol to chop heads off? jk. I prefer to smell good especially in vulnerable times such as at the gym. axe is good, but I feel like cologne is more uppity and sh1t lol

Bokanovsky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Daily Insanity said:
Cologne? Don't need it, just have game. I use axe :D
Everyone knows what axe smells like and everyone knows that it's the cheapest cologne money can buy. If you want to smell like poverty, go ahead and use it. One definite benefit of Axe is that it repels gold diggers as surely as bug spray repels mosquitos :D

Daily Insanity

Don Juan
Reaction score
I am going to go ahead and use it, and bang girls whenever I please, as I do now, jealous? Anyway.

Considering this forum your mosquito analogy really makes no sense, since I DO use axe and I DO bang girls and I DO have dates. But being a troll sure runs in your reply's. Go ahead and follow me around puppy :D

dap

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Axe is for preteens. Cologne is for lounge rats. No one uses it anymore and too much can hurt you (and a lot of people use too much and don't know it). Just use deodorant.

coachD

Don Juan
Reaction score
Alright, I'll attempt to answer this question. I use Eternity and have for years. Then again, I've been an AFC for years. I don't think the cologne was the problem though. I'd suggest buying a Calvin Klein product as those tend to last longer. I'll squirt one on my neck and one on the shirt. The shirt will hold the scent all day. Not so for Polo.

Darth

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I use Royal Copenhagen Musk. It is classic, been around since the 70s. It seems to mix fairly well with my natural smell.

VladPatton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Easy solution. Go here:

http://www.myperfumesamples.com/mps/mens-cologne-samples.html

Get yourself a bunch of samples for a few bucks, just go nuts, and see what you like. Use them, and and see how they work with your body chemistry. Note the ones you like and order the bottle. Easiest way to sample a shıtload of colognes for 10, 20 bucks.

Done.

foreverAFC

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
cool water

Bokanovsky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Daily Insanity said:
I am going to go ahead and use it, and bang girls whenever I please, as I do now, jealous? Anyway.

Considering this forum your mosquito analogy really makes no sense, since I DO use axe and I DO bang girls and I DO have dates. But being a troll sure runs in your reply's. Go ahead and follow me around puppy :D
Lighten up junior. It was a joke.

Down Low

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
About 95% of women are too self-centered and stupid to consciously think anything beyond "are you wearing perfume?" However, they unconsciously note that you wear cologne and therefore have some money to burn.

A man wears cologne for the same reason he wears a watch. It's not a necessity anymore -- we don't have to bury the nose in a scented handkerchief to pass through open sewers and mountains of horse droppings. Men accessorize as an introduction. It's like presenting a business card. Wearing cologne says "I mean business."

Usually only married women recognize the different men's fragrances; the single ones never shop for men. There really aren't that many distinctive perfume smells. A few major brands dominate each niche. Citrus scents are the most common both for women's skin lotions and for men's colognes. If you're trying to smell like all the other club rats, definitely do wear citrus. Every man should have a bottle of some citrussy-smelling stuff for when he needs a One Night Stand. OP, I think that's what you mean when you say "a fresh, inviting scent." Citrus is so commonplace that any department store brand is as good as any other.

Otherwise, there's no advantage in smelling like everyone else. I advise going old school. Try out the classic incense or musk scents.

The Gambler

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
moneyisking said:
For preference, I like a fresh, inviting scent.
Go to your local store and sample some Nautica or Nautica Blue. It's gold in a bottle, baby.

bukowski_merit

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My go to was Gucci Envy. Now I keep a little in the last bottle of it that I have for special occasions. Women would compliment me all day when I was wearing it, and complain when I was wearing something else.

It's discontinued since 2011 though, but can be bought online... For about 5X what it used to cost!

Now I stick mostly with Armani Code (winter/dressed up scent) or Kenneth Cole Reaction (summer/dressed down scent).

I'm not big on going overboard with Cologne. 1 or 2 sprays.

Different scents smell different on different people's bodies though. I'd suggest doing what VladPatton suggested though, and see which colognes net you the most compliments...

If women aren't complimenting you - - - do a better job of meeting more :)

Fatal Jay

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Daily Insanity said:
Cologne? Don't need it, just have game. I use axe :D

Real talk, that hurricane axe smells good like hella good

I can't seem to find it in stores anymore.

Reaction score
moneyisking said:
just need to buy cologne
No way bro, I won't sell you the city I am living in.

incognito42

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Fatal Jay said:
Real talk, that hurricane axe smells good like hella good

I can't seem to find it in stores anymore.

Don't get the anti-cologne people. Chicks like a guy with good cologne

Axe to me is like spraying yourself with febreeze, and I think it's way too overpowering. To me it was only good back in high school after gym class if you couldn't shower some guys I knew would spray themselves with that