Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

My wedding is two months away and I'm still not sure she is the right one!

CobraGT

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Looking

Originally posted by NewMan
I've got news for you Cobra - she's already insecure. And it's not likely to get better - only worse...

I would say by the sound of it your making it obvious. Perhaps you were not as sneaky in the earlier part of your relationship - and it's something she picked up on and see's very often now.
I blatantly told her ever little detail of my impusle to look over a couple of Hurricane's about a month before our engagement. She never knew before. I suppose I was giving her a chance to bail out on me. She thought it was over then, but I couldn't let go. Still have that mindset. Chumpish I know! This topic surfaces from time to time.

CobraGT

CobraGT

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Bungo Pony
I'm now married. I was able to choose my wife. She had the qualities I wanted, and she didn't have the qualities I hated. I don't regret the step I've taken. Dinner's on the stove when I get home from work ;)
Thanks for sticking around to help the clueless!!!

CobraGT

CobraGT

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Vengeful Nature

Originally posted by PuertoRican_Lover
Your girl's comment about 'getting her 'needs' met from someone else" if you are not around for her most of the week is the prime example of the vengefulness and bad attitude that the modern day woman.possesses and why men should not marry such women who have this mindset!!!
She means ending this relationship, then finding it elsewhere. She was trying to explain how important getting her needs met are. Compromise she calls it. I agree...being ambivalent I don't compromise. That makes it even worse since she feels the need to do all the compromising.

CobraGT

CobraGT

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by CLOONEY
lol, this is the way I will be if I ever get married.

As for checking out other woman. You say you check them out like a "single guy would". lol. There is no difference, all guys LOVE to check out woman, you will do it even when your an old man. This is definately not a problem whatsoever.
I think my conscious mind won't let my sub conscious think. There is a 45 yr old married guy at work that scopes out every hot girl in sight. He's probably been married for over 20 yrs. He admitted that he got married to young and missed out on picking up the honies. However, I get the impression he doesn't want to get with them, just likes to look. He's comfortable with it. I'm not. I might be looking like I want to hook up. I just don't understand why he's comfortable looking. His wife knows, which indicates to me that his intentions are harmeless.

CobraGT

CobraGT

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Making sense...

Sorry I disagree.

He has control of this situation and the kind of woman he get's hitched with.

It's better to be single than married, unhappy, with kids, looking at other hot chickies and wondering what if....

At least if he's single he can be happy and do his own thing - bang girls he meets - get some new ***** on a regular basis.

Read his posts - he's already not happy - and if he stays he will only get unhappier.
I got uncomfortable after reading your reply. Hitting close to home. I don't want to 'wonder what if.' Hopefully if I cross the line I don't ever have to 'wonder what if.'

CobraGT

CobraGT

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Big Picture

Originally posted by Le Parisien

But think about this: if you marry her, do you think that she will truely be happy, IF YOU ARE UNHAPPY?
Big picture thinking does make this decision more bearable. The ambivalence of one partner has got to wreaks havoc on the truly committed.

Thanks for pointing that out. I've thought about speaking to her in that regard again. The last time we had this discussion she basically said I would have to be the one to call this off, because she couldn't imagine spending the rest of her life without me (i.e. strongly committed). She recognized that she will always care more strongly about me than I will about her. She claims I'll never understand how much my actions can hurt her, essentially because I'm less committed. The kind of actions she claims upset her so much are the same ones I dismiss as not important and over reacting on her part. She said some things upset her so much her whole body aches. Part of that is her personality as she worries a lot. My calming personality has significantly helped her to worry less. Anyway that's stuff for another discussion.

CobraGT

CobraGT

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Moving Out

Although I haven't decided yet, I'm mapping out my plan of action if I decide to break this off. Makes me miserable. I've got it soooo good here. It's a money issue, but dang. Still hurts. Looked at an apartment I used to live in during college. Mother fudge! The apartment is half the size of this place and cost twice as much.

Our current place has 1900 sq. ft.! The apartement has about 780 sq. ft. Talk about depressing. Her friends used to live here and were instrumental in winning us good favor with the current land lord who kind of thinks we are already married. In addition, this place is easily accessible. Out of the heavy traffic areas, but requires only 5 mins to downtown and about 15 mins to a couple big shopping centers.

Talk about depressing!

CobraGT

Squid

Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been reading through these posts and I think you are in trouble if you stay in this relationship. You sound like I did when I got married at 25, it only gets worse. In the end my marriage fell apart after three miserable years.

The day we split up felt like I was reborn, like I had been given a second chance at life and I took advantage of it by doing all the things I always wanted to do. I think back about life with her and I just shudder, I wouldn't go back to that for anything.

If you have reservations now, it will only get worse. Like others have posted, you haven't even had the chance to learn what you like and don't like in a woman. You will not look back and think you let one slip away because there is ALWAYS a replacement for everyone.

dietzcoi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sounds like the girl wants what she wants and doesn't really care about your "needs"

I am against marriage in general as you know but this case is worse than many. She will be a taker... can't you see this? You are being the nice guy AFC who will go down with the ship!

Don't marry her for a bigger apartment! I never heard anything as foolish!

Listen to PR_L... she is a taker and wants to fine somebody to fill her "needs"... you will be forever serving her!

Why don't you guys listen to the voice of experience... I am your personal Jesus, I have suffered on my cross for you!

LISTEN!

DIetzcoi

NewMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
She means ending this relationship, then finding it elsewhere. She was trying to explain how important getting her needs met are. Compromise she calls it. I agree...being ambivalent I don't compromise. That makes it even worse since she feels the need to do all the compromising.

Ummm HELLO.

Did you read what you posted?

Getting HER needs meet is compromise?

You see, she putting what she needs above everything else - and it will get worse - because you've probably caved time and time again.

If you don't get out, you will get more and more ambivalent - and resentfull. That's not a relationship. That's not something you want to base the rest of your life on. is it?

Your needs - your inner need - is to get out there and meet and fvck other women. At least to experience the "Field" before you settle down.

Listen - imagine 10 yrs time - your sitting there talking to your Son about the world and life. He asks you questions about women - about some situation he may have gotten himself into - what are you going to do? because you surely will not relate to him. You will not have had any experience with the things he's going through. Are you going to tell him:-

"Son, to be honest, I don't know. I just settled for your mother even though she was the first woman - and I always wanted to experience others but never did"....

What would you tell YOUR son? to get married or to get the hell out?

Let me tell you - my ex was a taker. Selfish and took, took, took. She was hot - yeah that's for sure - and that blinded me for a long time - but at the end of the day I was unhappy. But I stayed because she was fvcking hot. Not matter what I did, it was never enough. Everything turned into her way. She would want my help in moving some box's to the roof of the garage - that would turn into me re-organzing the whoel fvcking garage. She wanted to paint the bedroom wall - that would turn into us remodelling the whole fvcking bedroom - get the picture?

I was unhappy. But I stayed - because I thought - I am ever going to feel this way about another woman? am I ever going to be with someone as hot as her.

But I resisted every step of the way.

Well she's my ex and I've moved on.

Now - I'm with someone who is so opposite. She gives not takes. She recently moved to a new apartment - and didn't want me to help her move because she didn't think I should. She didn't want to put me out - especially since I had worked that day. Fvck - of course I helped.

Anyway, the point I'm trying to make is, that no matter what you feel now - there will always be someone else out there for you. Someone who maybe better matched to you. and here is the key...

Unless you get the fvck out of something your unhappy with - YOU WILL NEVER KNOW - and will sit there wondering until the day you die. Don't die wondering. That's got to be the worset way to go.

CobraGT

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Revelations?

Originally posted by Squid
The day we split up felt like I was reborn, like I had been given a second chance at life and I took advantage of it by doing all the things I always wanted to do. I think back about life with her and I just shudder, I wouldn't go back to that for anything.
I've got the reborn feeling twice. Once while reading the book I mentioned initially at the book store. I didn't feel weird about checking out the ladies in that moment.

The other time was yesterday. Hmmmm....I was going tell the whole story, but it might bore everyone so here is the summary. A woman at work let me everyone know that she got mad when people messed with her ears because of a time she thought she had a bug in her ear but really didn't. She told everyone the story a couple weeks ago, but I lost interest after hearing about the bug in her ear. Yesterday I found out it was just an imagined bug so I gave her a hard time about it, made a few motions toward her ear and she backed away a little bit. Kept agravating her about it and she stopped backing away, allowing me to touch her ear, and inviting me to look inside to make sure there was no bug there.

This sounds silly and unimportant, but I still have a point. As I walked away from talking to her I realized I enjoyed it. I was basically flirting, but didn't really think about it at the time. I consider it flirting because I wouldn't have been comfortable doing the same thing with a male co-worker or an unattractive female co-worker. I realized I still had a lot of playfulness in me. Maybe enough to sustain me through a bunch of cute 'broads.' Like maybe the cute slender, tall, perfectly top heavy blonde cashier at the grocery last night. .....Deep Breath Cobra....wheeeew!

CobraGT

CobraGT

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I REALLY don't want to die wondering!

"Son, to be honest, I don't know. I just settled for your mother even though she was the first woman - and I always wanted to experience others but never did"....

What would you tell YOUR son? to get married or to get the hell out?
That's so funny and a very good point!

She does give a lot. She's not a taker. Her point is she gives a lot and doesn't get a lot in return. She feels like she caves to my every need and I hardly if ever cave. It's like my ideas are always better than hers. She mentioned that when I had a certain way in mind to park my car for unloading while she was trying to explain her way. I compromised and moved it close to the spot she chose, but wasn't listening closely and still didn't get it exactly right. I agree, it happens more and more that way. During arguments I seem to always end up arguing my way without every giving in to her opinion. It sucks, but her view doesn't always make sense to me. I consider my actions harmless, she considers them hurtful.

I couldn't handle being any more ambivalent. I see how you grow resentful though.

Your reply has a lot of great info. Thanks for the heads up!

CobraGT

CobraGT

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score

I was unhappy. But I stayed - because I thought - I am ever going to feel this way about another woman? am I ever going to be with someone as hot as her.
I wonder if will ever get along as well with another woman as I do her? Will another woman find my humor nearly as funny? Will another woman have a personality as good? Does a woman with a more compatible personality exist for me? I guess you can always upgrade to a better looking woman, but it is much harder to surmise if a much better more compatible personality exists.

CobraGT

CobraGT

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
One more thing before I get off of here tonight. I've only told three of about 14 people at work that I'm getting married in October. I know...the more I add about this dilema, the more I build my case. My fiance doesn't care much for my lack luster broadcast of our engagement...yet she still accepts it. You can guess one reason I haven't told everyone. The other is to avoid hearing good natured jokes from my co-workers. Two of the ones who know seen her while she was flashing her ring. One I told. Two more saw her, but were oblivious to her engagement ring and I still didn't tell them. One might find out tomorrow because my co-worker, his wife, my fiance, and I are going out. His wife will pick up on it immediately.

CobraGT

dietzcoi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You OBVIOUSLY don't want to get married.

You better wake up and save yourself

Stop writing about her, everything you write, like the parking place issue, makes me have a worse impression of her

You know what we all think. You better take action or you are going to live in AFC hell.

Why don't you listen to those of us who have been there, done that... we know better!

Dietzcoi

CobraGT

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by dietzcoi
Why don't you listen to those of us who have been there, done that... we know better!
Your responses are not in vain! I appreciate everyone's response more than they will know. I apologize if you fail to get the impression your words are not making a difference. Each response increase the clarity I need to decide. Respect that this is my biggest decision ever. When I make decisions I must be able to consider all the ins and outs to arrive at the appropriate conclusion. I've about made up my mind about it, but I am building up to the point of taking action. Before I get involved in this ugly business I wish to make sure I'm certain about my path. Once I bring this up...there is no going back!

CobraGT

stevera004

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by CobraGT
Your responses are not in vain! I appreciate everyone's response more than they will know. I apologize if you fail to get the impression your words are not making a difference. Each response increase the clarity I need to decide. Respect that this is my biggest decision ever. When I make decisions I must be able to consider all the ins and outs to arrive at the appropriate conclusion. I've about made up my mind about it, but I am building up to the point of taking action. Before I get involved in this ugly business I wish to make sure I'm certain about my path. Once I bring this up...there is no going back!

CobraGT
There's only so much rationalizing; you need to either sh!t or get off the pot.

CobraGT

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by stevera004
There's only so much rationalizing; you need to either sh!t or get off the pot.
I'm in the Engineering field give me a little slack! Being thorough is just my nature.

I agree though!

CobraGT

Le Parisien

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You are in Engineering?
Then I feel you bro, me too.

Now I can only strongly suggest (stronger than in my previous post:D ) you to NOT go for it. You look like the typical "engineering syndrom": someone who didn't get as much as he "deserves" (I mean propotional to his quality in terms of looks & personality) women wise, and is willing to settle for less.

DON'T DO IT!

I can really relate to that although I'm a little younger than you. There's no way I will settle for less, and I will make it even better, need to make it up for all these years of "hardship", make it up for the lost time.
:D

stevera004

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Engineers get lower quality women than they would otherwise (trust me, my degrees are in EE) because:
1) there are no chicks in school
2) there will be very few at work
3) engineers are too rational and introverted; this is death for meeting women. You must be more than a little stupid to succeed with the ladies.

But, it's kind of dragging out don't you think? What final bit of wisdom are you excepting before deciding?