Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

My hair transplant surgery was a complete failure

bigdave17

Banned
Reaction score
I have lost a good amount of hair in the middle and crown (I'm 30) and I had a hair transplant done in hopes that it would fix it. Well, my hairline is a lot better - I had minor to moderate recession and now the front area looks great but the crown and middle haven't changed much

What should I do? Do I shave the head and grow a beard? When i blowdry my hair and style it, most people think I have very good hair but when I wake up in the morning, you can see how bad the hair loss is. I have the features to pull off the shaved head (thick eyebrows, darker skin, very heavily developed lower face and jaw) and I grow great facial hair (very heavy/dense) but that makes me look 37-39. Clean face and hair makes me look like I'm 30. I hate looking older.

I'll basically look just like this

bald-with-beard-styles-beard-game-a-shaved-bal.jpg

It's an extremely masculine look but I fear I will have to settle for women around 28-33. I don't think girls under 28 like the bald look

edit: I've been on finasteride for a year with no real results. I've been on rogaine for 5 years. I also use nizoral shampoo. It's been 8.5 months already since the surgery.

Last edited:

RickTheToad

Reaction score
What did the doc say? I've heard it can take 6 - 9 months for the hair to grow back in. Why not try rogaine and finasteride? I know plenty of men who've it worked wonders for. You are at a good age to start as you can reverse the DHT build up.

bigdave17

Banned
Reaction score
What did the doc say? I've heard it can take 6 - 9 months for the hair to grow back in. Why not try rogaine and finasteride? I know plenty of men who've it worked wonders for. You are at a good age to start as you can reverse the DHT build up.

I've been on finasteride for a year with no real results. I've been on rogaine for 5 years. I also use nizoral shampoo. It's been 8.5 months already since the surgery.

I just seem to have very aggressive hair loss genetics that didn't even respond well to surgery. I went to a very well regarded surgeon. Growing up, I thought I would have my mom's side hair genetics for sure. My grandpa had perfect head of hair even at 50...and I'm talking totally perfect. Not even a milimeter of recession but I end up getting my dad's side - every body there is completely bald.

oh well, at least I have the facial features/facial hair to really pull off the shaved head look. I posted a picture of myself with a bald head on a dating forum in 2016 (I temporarily shaved it) and some women said I actually look better with shaved head than with hair. I have thick ass eyebrows, real heavy lower face/wide jawline and darker skin. I might go tanning monthly now so I can look extra dark. I'll grow a beard that resembles this

RickTheToad

Reaction score
What's the percentage you use for minoxidil and finasteride? For Minoxidil to work successfully, you need 7% - 10%, no additional hair products either as they can clog your pours. Nizoral 1% is garbage. You need an RX for Nizoral 2% for it to be effective. In addition, add the Lipogaine shampoo and conditioner to your routine. I know many dudes who've had success with this regimen.

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
Off topic, I don’t quite understand why shaved head guys feel like they MUST “balance” it with heavy facial hair/beard/goatee.

Nothing wrong with clean shave (if you want to look younger) or an all around buzz.

Last edited:

RickTheToad

Reaction score
Off topic, I don’t quite understand why shaved head guys feel like they MUST balance it with heavy facial hair/beard/goatee.

Nothing wrong with clean shave (if you want to look younger) or an all around buzz.
The facial hair appears more manly. This is what barbarians had done in the middle ages and such. There's also some science to where male facial hair gives off natural pheromones that ladies can sense. This, nowadays, is often covered up by the scents and fragrances that modern soy-boy wannabe tough guys use on their beards though.

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
The facial hair appears more manly. This is what barbarians had done in the middle ages and such. There's also some science to where male facial hair gives off natural pheromones that ladies can sense. This, nowadays, is often covered up by the scents and fragrances that modern soy-boy wannabe tough guys use on their beards though.
Fair enough. Facial hair is great. I just object to “One size fits all” rules like “If you have A, you must include B.”

Some guys can look decent with a total Mr. Clean look. Jeff Bezos is an example. That’s all.

bigdave17

Banned
Reaction score
Off topic, I don’t quite understand why shaved head guys feel like they MUST “balance” it with heavy facial hair/beard/goatee.

Facial hair gives the face more balance

Even the best looking bald men like the Rock look way better with a beard. Google the Rock with a beard...looks ridiculously handsome

spitfire

Banned
Reaction score
You guys are ridiculus. None of that **** works. I have very high DHT sensitivity

Its so bad that not even finnasteride or hair transplants work for me
More whiny victim trolling. It never ends.

This guy is just like the female attention whors I document. He doesn't want help. If he wanted actual help, he would seek out professional help and actually follow a plan of action. He has no intention of ever changing. He's just an emotional vampire. Interesting case of parasitism.

bigdave17

Banned
Reaction score
More whiny victim trolling. It never ends.

This guy is just like the female attention whors I document. He doesn't want help. If he wanted actual help, he would seek out professional help and actually follow a plan of action. He has no intention of ever changing. He's just an emotional vampire. Interesting case of parasitism.
Whiney trolling? I've tried everything recommended for hair loss that's legit - rogaine, nizoral and finnasteride. I've gone even as extreme as the surgeries

I have ungodly genetics for balding