Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

MrConfidences thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrConfidence

Banned
Reaction score
Mr_rogers said:
*sigh* Man, you've been here two years and still stuck here? Make sure to read Pook's "Kill that Desperation!". I bet it'll come in handy.
Not like I made a thread less this before.

MrConfidence

Banned
Reaction score
Can someone tell me why people do this?

It's not neccessarily a bad thing, but can someone tell me why people always seem to move out of the way when they see me walking in the hallway? Seriously though dude, I don't even have to get out of peoples ways anymore, because they just seem to automaticly move, and let me through for some reason. Is it that I'm intimidating? Is it that people fear me? Or is it that people respect me? Or do people do this to everyone? I'd like someone to analyze this.

SexinEar

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm assuming that your the old member Viper.

If anything, what your describing is a bad thing. Maybe you look like a total dork, maybe you have a horrible reputation, maybe you smell. You tell me. I've always wondered what mikeviper looks like.

NYC Dude

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's because people don't want to walk into you, it's that simple. That is, unless they're moving FAR away, then they probably either hate you or you smell.

MrConfidence

Banned
Reaction score
SexinEar said:
I'm assuming that your the old member Viper.

If anything, what your describing is a bad thing. Maybe you look like a total dork, maybe you have a horrible reputation, maybe you smell. You tell me. I've always wondered what mikeviper looks like.
Actually, I dress quite well, many people don't even know me, and I wear body spray, and take showers everyday. So no, that's not it.

SexinEar

Don Juan
Reaction score
Well do people almost run away from you or take a little step back if your walking into them. There's a difference.

MrConfidence

Banned
Reaction score
SexinEar said:
Well do people almost run away from you or take a little step back if your walking into them. There's a difference.
Nah, it's like they'll be walking in the center of the hallway, and then I'll start walking in the center of the hallway, and everyone in the center of the hallway steps into the left, and right sides of the hallways, so I can get through.

SexinEar

Don Juan
Reaction score
If that's the case and your not getting any dirty looks, your fine.

azanon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nah, it's like they'll be walking in the center of the hallway, and then I'll start walking in the center of the hallway, and everyone in the center of the hallway steps into the left, and right sides of the hallways, so I can get through.
Hallway traffic works like the streets; you walk on the right. If you're walking down the center, that's why people have to move.

Levi

Reaction score
Make Way For the King

:yes: :yes: :yes: MAKE WAY FOR THE KING DON JUAN:D :D :cheer: :cheer:

Just Ask Them!!!!

Levi:rock: :woo: :yes:

MrConfidence

Banned
Reaction score
Thanks for all your help guys, I'm starting to improve. However, I'm still having trouble forgetting about what others think.

Reaction score
then dont think so much.... its a simply answer to a simple problem. If your thinking what other people think about you, busy yourself in somthing else. Go talk to someone, go practice guitar, goto the gym, whatever. The problem everyone has is that they have to much time on their hands to doubt themselves. If you are constantly active, you'll become confident as a side effect of not metally cutting yourself down.
this works really well for me untill i got hurt, and now have trouble keeping myself busy somtimes. Still thats no excuse, I could always play guitar more.

Frink'

Don Juan
Reaction score
Everything you do, you do for yourself. Everybody else only cares about themself. Why the hell should you give a sh*it about what other people think. If you fu*ck up, then good. Sucess only comes with faliure. It's the way you learn. The way you improve. Dont be so hard on yourself. And dont put so much pressiure on yourself.

MrConfidence

Banned
Reaction score
Well, I don't know what it is, but I just don't have good social skills, and I want to improve on that. I'm the dude that you'll see sitting in the corner of the room by himself, while most people are talking to someone. A good example of this is the football game last night, everyone else seemed to be talking to someone in the stands, but I just sat there, looking all quiet, and frusterated. I guess the reason that I'm afraid of going up to people, and talking to them is firstly, that I'm not good with starting conversation, and secondly, I'm afraid that they won't be interested in me, or like me. Also, something else I want to work on, is gaining more friends. Right now, there are people that will say hi to me, and talk to me from time to time, but not really anyone that I know well enough to just call them, and ask them to chill, or go to the movies or something. Basically, I want to make more REAL friends, people who actually enjoy doing stuff with me. Before you suggest joining clubs/sports, I'm already in band, and I don't have any friends. However, joining clubs/sports IS good advice, I just haven't put in the effort of making friends with anyone, because hey, I don't know what people in band like to talk about. Another problem I'm working is on becoming less self-conscious, but I've already started working on that.

Basically, I want to go from the guy I am now, to the guy I WANT to be. The guy I am now is antisocial, cares too much about what others think, is afraid to approach people, doesn't have friends, has no balls and is NOT happy. The guy I WANT to be, is social, confident, doesn't care about what others think, isn't afraid to approach people, has friends, has balls and is happy. So, whatt I want to know is, how can I improve my social skills, and how can I go about making more friends?

Last edited:

MrConfidence

Banned
Reaction score
Okay so here's my situation, in band there's this annoying sophomore kid who's name is Janelle, who can only be described by one word, "A *****". This dude is just annoying, he's always saying stupid sh*t, and thinks he's cool, when everyone thinks he's annoying. But I could ignore all that, but what really set me off, was when this kid started bothering me. So there was this one time at band camp, I'm just minding my own business, and this kid throws a bottle at me. It's like, who the f*ck does this kid think he is? You must have a lot of balls to disrespect me like that. Tension rose yesterday on the bus, when this kid touched me again, and I knocked his cell phone to the floor. What p*ssed me off especially, is when this kid comes up to me, and says, "You blend with the darkness" infront of everybody, is this kid freaking talking? His skin is like 10 times darker than mine. I really want to beat this little *****es ass, but I don't want to get in trouble or anything. I've already asked one of the staff members to talk to him, and he's STILL being a b*tch. So what can I do to make this kid realize who he's messing with? Is there really no other choice then to beat his ass? Don't get me wrong, this kids small, and he would be easy to beat, but I really can't afford to get suspended again. I suppose I could just let it go, but if I let it go, he's still going to keep being a b*tch to me.

Last edited:

Phyzzle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There was this one time at band camp, when I beat some guy's ass . . .

But this is the wrong web page.

This is sosuave.com, for seduction, self-improvement, etc. Not for "somebody is bothering me."

MrConfidence

Banned
Reaction score
Phyzzle said:
There was this one time at band camp, when I beat some guy's ass . . .

But this is the wrong web page.

This is sosuave.com, for seduction, self-improvement, etc. Not for "somebody is bothering me."
And getting this guy off my back is going to help me improve. So what's your point? If you had read the whole thing you would see that I'm asking for advice on how to deal with him, in a mature, not violent way.

The Truth

Banned
Reaction score
Look at some threads by DrBeard. He is an expert in this field. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.