Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Metrosexuality

Reaction score
Why is the word "sexual" in the word metrosexual??? The mods deleted this question 4 times -- what is it that they fear?? TRUTH!!!!!!!!

So Many Ways

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don Jannabe, you're definitely on point, I've read your posts and you've expressed your viewpoints well. PRL may go overboard at times but his views need to be heard, especially in our present society, where masculinity is frowned upon. I think some are missing the point.

The truth is, there have always been men that are fashion conscious. Take the Kings of Comedy for instance, if I had the cash, I'd dress like Steve Harvey. Does he look gay or flit himself around like a homo? Not at all but it's obvious that he takes care of himself.

I take care of myself. I dress nice, I have to use certain products to keep my acne and razor bumps under control. It only takes me a few extra minutes a day. My skin gets ashy so I use lotion and I go to a barber once a week. I keep myself well groomed and that's something men have been doing for years.

The problem that many have is this marketing of this new image, which is designed to make some people a lot of money. You would never see me getting an S curl or wearing a sheer shirt or getting my nails painted or spending an hour a day getting my hair braided. You would never see me rocking make up. That's something men just don't do. Making yourself pretty like a woman is somethng men don't do. It's really that simple.

I think it's sad that there is this image in the seduction community where some people actually give advice, telling guys to dress gay and peacock or opening girls by saying "do I look gay in this sweater" and stuff like that. I feel part of being a man is having some self respect and I don't see how any self respecting man can do something like that in the hopes of getting laid. To me that's utterly pathetic and shameful. This is going to sound really bad but I wonder if this is more of a cultural thing because black females don't find the girly man metro look appealing at all.

I'm glad that there are some on this site that see through the BS and tell the truth. This is way deeper than simply wearing a pink shirt. There is a concerted attack on masculinity on this country and you have to be blind not to see it and you have to be completely brainwashed to support or condone it. Don't run people like PRL out the way you guys ran Player_Supreme out of this board just because he may be abrasive.

Oxide

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why do you keep on thinking there is a master plan to turn YOU into a homo. How fukking insecure are you to turn on the tv, see two gay guys holding hands and go "well, that's it, they are doing it, i guess im gonna go gay as well"...
Yes, there has been a big acceptance to gay relationships over the last 3 years... now there is more sh1t on TV involving gays, every other dating show it is "Hiiii, my name is Anthony and im looking for a nice guy..." :rolleyes: You know what i do about it? I switch the fukking channel. Who cares what gays are doing. As long as you know where YOU stand, no social fad can affect you to this extreme.

What is it you are so afraid of? More gay guys = less competition = more women for you.

and... there is a reason why gays and lesbians progress faster with the sexual stuff... they already feel like they have the bond, becuase of their preference, and are surrounded by people looking for exactly same thing... it is like an american meeting another american in russia.. they will feel bonded becuase they can relate.

Reaction score
Originally posted by Oxide
What is it you are so afraid of? More gay guys = less competition = more women for you.

and... there is a reason why gays and lesbians progress faster with the sexual stuff... they already feel like they have the bond, becuase of their preference, and are surrounded by people looking for exactly same thing... it is like an american meeting another american in russia.. they will feel bonded becuase they can relate.
DID anybody else 'throw up' reading this???? The same weak weak weak weak weak excuses and lies over and over and over and over!!!!!

Why the word "sexual" in metrosexual - Homos neve answer the question!! Do you notice??

So many ways -- there is nothing wrong with dressing nice and being clean!!!! So you are clean and well dressed guy - that is all!!

The problem is the label Metro - "Sexual" -- do you see it ???? Why put in the word sexual?? WHY is cleanliness and good grooming habits now (in the last few years) considered sexual??? It was not sexual in the past!!! WHY NOW?? WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY????

Do you se it?? do you get it??

Brad324

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hold on a second here. Let's get a couple things straight. I refuse to stand by and let the ignorant rednecks proclaim to be the "manly" group, while the less ignorant, more BALLSY men are categorized as borderline homosexuals. Let's face it. Everyone "beautifies" themselves to a certain extent. Whether it's wearing deodorant, hair gel, nice shoes, a wrist watch etc. WHERE YOU DRAW THE LINE DEPENDS ON HOW INSECURE YOU ARE. Only the people with BALLS will really take care of themselves. Your only excuse for being DEAD AGAINST it, is because you're insecure and threatened by it, and would like to marginalize those who have more balls than you so you can tear them down and keep your pride, and it's obvious to everyone. Modifying your looks is NOT a way of life. Metrosexuality is nothing but a label set up to marginalize people who take care of themselves. If it's not an OBSESSION, then it's not feminine at all. The fact that you are too insecure to do something that will INCREASE women's attraction does NOT make you manly, it makes you primitive. The guys who step up and show some balls and are confident enough in their sexuality to improve themselves without feeling feminine are the LEADERS. Being able to do this and stay CONFIDENT and MANLY shows women you are very secure in yourself, and in your sexuality, and this adds to their attraction to you. Part of why women were really showing interest in me at the store, was because I showed BALLS by changing my looks when no-one else in the store had done so. And I started a trend in the store, which other men who also are not feminine AT ALL followed. Maybe you just don't get it - you will have MORE SUCCESS WITH VAGINAS if you're willing to step up and do what it takes - whatever that is for you.

medaille

Don Juan
Reaction score
So Many Ways... you make a good bridge between the two sides, but...

There is some truth on both sides, and a lot of ignorance on one side without much explanation.

Metrosexuality as a term isn't a defined way to categorize people. Homosexuality is easily defined and tested. You lust for other men, you are homosexual. You lust for women, you are heterosexual. You lust for both men and women, you are bisexual. What is metrosexuality? Metrosexuality is an attempt to describe the gray area along the lines of how one grooms themselves and has absolutely nothing to do with any sorts of sexuality. Don't try to lump metrosexuality with homosexuality because metrosexuality isn't "somewhere between homosexuality and heterosexuality." It may look like that to some, but thats just because most gay men popularized on TV care about their looks more then most "manly" men on TV.

Now if you want to say, "Marketers popularized the metrosexual trend as a method of selling more products" Sure go ahead, I totally agree with you. Marketers always do that. I don't think it means that they are trying to make men gay or trying to feminize them with a purpose. I think it means that they think they can sell more products if men feel they need to buy them.

This is the same as people who take up guitar to meet chicks, or drive a souped up car to meet chicks. People are brainwashed to think that a certain style is the ideal. Then they try to fulfill the ideal because they think other people will think that they're the ideal and thus more attractive. Is that unmasculine? I subject that its unhuman. Both men and women are caught in this trap. The only reason people think of this as the feminizing on men is that women fell into the trap a LONG time ago, and up until recently men tried to fulfill their "masculine" roles as society defined them and spent less time fulfilling their consumptive roles. In a society where men worked in factories and continuously got dirty it was just counterproductive to try to sell them better moisturizers. Now with men working in offices, the transition is much easier.

The real thing you should be concerned with is whether or not you're trying to be the best "you" you can be or if you're trying to be the best "someone else" that you can be. If you are trying to fulfill someone else's ideal, be it a manly man like the guy in truck commercials or a metrosexual man like in many tv shows, then you are wasting your time. If by using products you feel like you are better at being yourself, then be yourself better.

Jariel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why is the word "sexual" in the word metrosexual??? The mods deleted this question 4 times -- what is it that they fear?? TRUTH!!!!!!!!
In answer to PRL's question, metrosexual is a portmanteau word, which means it is created by blending the meaning and sound of two words. Eg:

MOTOR + HOTEL = MOTEL
METROPOLITAN + HETEROSEXUAL = METROSEXUAL

This means that metrosexuals are hetrosexual by definition.

(I don't like to be a smartass, but I study linguistics and had to put everyone right on this).

Alpine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This forum is a fvckin joke nowadays. You would prefer to spend your time argueing about queers rather than how to be a better DJ.

There's something gone very wrong with this board.

lebRambo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by PuertoRican_Lover
They are not "gay" they are homo perverted deviants boy rapists!!!
hey, straight people do that too.

I can't see why, PRL, you have to cram your offensive views down our throats and everywhere else WHERE THEY ARE NOT WANTED. I'm just thankful that alone (i mean you and your merry gang of rednecks) cannot change the world, because you are too irrelevant, unintelligent and lazy to do so. However, we have seen time and time again what horrors very stupid people in large groups can perpetrate against humanity, so i'm still a little worried.

Its very easy to go on a long-winded tirade on an internet forum, but the truth is that in real life, nobody cares what you think because you don't matter. For which I am very thankful.

hungry_american

Don Juan
Reaction score
Whats with all the damn basing on this forum. STOP right now. Take a look at yourself. This forum is for us men to stick together and learn how to get game NOT TO ARGUE ABOUT STUPID LITTLE CRAP. IF somone wants to ATLEAST pluck their unibrow or whatnot so be it. I do my unibrow only. Who cares, Just becuase a guy knows how to take care of themselves so what. You should only give advice. STOP the bashing if you have nothing to contribute that will help this guy in some sort of way just shut the hell up. So what if he wants to tan. In some places being pale is considered excotic. Especialy in places where everyone else is tan. Thats off topic but STOP THE BASHING and HELP your fellow bros.

Reaction score
Originally posted by Jariel
In answer to PRL's question, metrosexual is a portmanteau word, which means it is created by blending the meaning and sound of two words. Eg:

MOTOR + HOTEL = MOTEL
METROPOLITAN + HETEROSEXUAL = METROSEXUAL

This means that metrosexuals are hetrosexual by definition.

(I don't like to be a smartass, but I study linguistics and had to put everyone right on this).
Ok Mr Linguist, lets get back to intelligent thought and block out the noise! .

Metro-politan? So why single out large metropolitan areas?

Sexual - why refer to a sexual state? There is no such thing as heterosexual -- there is only "man" and woman" -- the prefix ”hetero” only gives credence to the word "homo" – and two men CANNOT have sex – sex is the domain of the male and female – it has always been!!! The word “hetero” therefore is superfluous and not needed!!

There is only man and woman!!! But to confuse the masses and to make their corruption look fair seeming they (homos) added degrees to sexuality so that they and their corrupt act can be accepted and justified as an inbred natural condition and they put themselves in an artificial man-made category – “Homosexual”. .

If ‘metros’ are ‘heteros’ then why not just say “heterosexual” why add a new terminology to describe the same thing??????

It is because metrosexuality is a new man-made artificial phenomenon (category) then it must have new meaning. It is again to blur the lines of sexuality and allow for “degrees” od sexuality and for acceptance of a lifestyle that everyone can accept!!!

There are no degrees to sexuality!!!!!!!!! There is only man ad woman!!!!

This has nothing to do with grooming – it is part of the agenda of those who control mass media to bring something that was unacceptable in the past to be accepted now and it is done as an innocuous (harmless) and subtle way to bring acceptance to a corrupt act!!

The masses are being deceived and they always start with the young who are less apt to question others and only want to “fit in” – thus the young give little resistance and thus a new culture takes hold!!! Thus, the marketing of this new lifestyle is towards the impressionable young!!

Hey how about this…..

HO plus TELL = HOTEL! Hey, I’m a linguist!! :D

hungry_american

Don Juan
Reaction score
People need to stop pointing out others errors on this forum to try and look "cool" in front of others on the forum. Who gives a damn people have their own opionions, No need to be so pissy here. This post has gotten way OFF topic. :down:

Reaction score
I put it back on topic -- logic and truth always prevails !! Read my previous post.

belividere

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Brad324
Hold on a second here. Let's get a couple things straight. I refuse to stand by and let the ignorant rednecks proclaim to be the "manly" group, while the less ignorant, more BALLSY men are categorized as borderline homosexuals. Let's face it. Everyone "beautifies" themselves to a certain extent. Whether it's wearing deodorant, hair gel, nice shoes, a wrist watch etc. WHERE YOU DRAW THE LINE DEPENDS ON HOW INSECURE YOU ARE. Only the people with BALLS will really take care of themselves. Your only excuse for being DEAD AGAINST it, is because you're insecure and threatened by it, and would like to marginalize those who have more balls than you so you can tear them down and keep your pride, and it's obvious to everyone. Modifying your looks is NOT a way of life. Metrosexuality is nothing but a label set up to marginalize people who take care of themselves. If it's not an OBSESSION, then it's not feminine at all. The fact that you are too insecure to do something that will INCREASE women's attraction does NOT make you manly, it makes you primitive. The guys who step up and show some balls and are confident enough in their sexuality to improve themselves without feeling feminine are the LEADERS. Being able to do this and stay CONFIDENT and MANLY shows women you are very secure in yourself, and in your sexuality, and this adds to their attraction to you. Part of why women were really showing interest in me at the store, was because I showed BALLS by changing my looks when no-one else in the store had done so. And I started a trend in the store, which other men who also are not feminine AT ALL followed. Maybe you just don't get it - you will have MORE SUCCESS WITH VAGINAS if you're willing to step up and do what it takes - whatever that is for you.
You can dress how you want and do what you feel comfortable with.
Yes, everyone does beautify themselves to some extent. I personally stand a bit farther to the left on the evolutionary chart than most when it comes to looks. Doesn't even affect my chances. If anything I believe it increases them, I'll tell you why.

First you are hardly a metro, second you are hardly a trendstarter by any means. Go to a club and take a look around. Practically every guy in the place will be dressing like you and tanned. The arguement that becuase the few that aren't dressed like you is because they are insecure seems slightly hypocritical. So by you altering your appearance in order to attract women you are somehow secure? I'm a little confused here. Security in oneself means pandering to the target by altering your out-ward appearance? Refusing to jump on a trend to impress woman is now insecurity?

Having balls hardly means doing things you typically wouldn't in order to impress women. True confidence and security with yourself should not be based on clothes or looks. As dumb as women are, they are aware of how guys try to hard to impress them. For every guy thats laughed at you or there have probably been two girls who've done the same. Sure women want a guy who can take of himself, but they dont want a guy who takes came of himself for the sake of getting women. They see that as an insecurity.

Let me ask you this. Since your change what types of women have you been getting?

whistler

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by belividere
Sure women want a guy who can take of himself, but they dont want a guy who takes came of himself for the sake of getting women.
Great point.

Reaction score
Originally posted by belividere
.... Sure women want a guy who can take of himself, but they dont want a guy who takes came of himself for the sake of getting women. They see that as an insecurity.
If you meant "care" instead of "came" also the word "care" should come after the word take --------- Excellent point!!!

JonJack

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've realized that this thread has gone too far. Reason being that from some of the people's posts here, metrosexuals = homos, metrosexuals = regular beauty parlour visists, metrosexuals = trying to get everyone else to be like them.

There are just too many differing views on metrosexuality. Even a clear definition of it and what are the actions that constitute metrosexuality isn't clearly stated.

This thread has progressed into an argument with no end. Start a thread about religion and you'll see the same results.

Reaction score
You miss the point! There is no such thing as a "metrosexual" -- we have men and we have women -- SIMPLE!!! Grooming is grooming!! This has nothing to do with "Sexual" state!!!

JonJack

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by PuertoRican_Lover
You miss the point! There is no such thing as a "metrosexual" -- we have men and we have women -- SIMPLE!!! Grooming is grooming!! This has nothing to do with "Sexual" state!!!
If grooming is grooming and there's no such thing as metrosexuals, then why the hell are people being called homo and gay when they haven't even sodomised another guy before? I fail to see any consistency and clarity in what is being said about this issue.