Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Metrosexuality

Brad324

Don Juan
Reaction score
About 6 months ago, working at a grocery store, I was called "metrosexual" by a co-worker because I decided to get blond highlights in my hair, got my hair professionally cut, and started going to a tanning salon. I have to tell you, after these changes, I have received at least twice as much attention from women as before. I was getting eye contact from women who I used to consider "out of my league," and I was the topic of the store for quite a while. As you could guess, while the women were calling me sexy, the guys were trying to label me fruity (who are we trying to attract anyways.) What's humorous is within the next month, 2 other guys at the store colored/highlighted their hair, and changed their styles to be more like mine. Interesting how these 2 were both trying to knock me for doing it earlier.

As of now I've only done the highlights thing and tanning, but considering giving men's skin care products a try.

At what point are you considered a metrosexual? And is it necessarily a negative thing? Would you consider using "Men's cosmetics" if you thought it would increase women's attraction for you, or would you not want to be considered "un-manly"? What about eyebrow plucking? Body hair waxing? Where do you draw the line, and is it for financial reasons? Insecurity? Fear? Or do you simply think it wouldn't help?

lebRambo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
don't listen to super gigalo, man. What you are doing is buying in to the fad, and since girls are buying into it as well, keep it going for as long as you can if your getting more play from women because of it. I'm sure you know the answer yourself. if these guys were dissing you before but then did the same thing as you, then they are the chumps, not you.

personally, i'd never wax or get an eyebrow thing done. but thats just me. if you wanna, go for it.

TillTheEndOfTime

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Metrosexuality is an attack on the masculine state. Don't give in to pressure brought on by society to be/act more feminine. Being "in touch with your feminine side" is NOT a good. That crap is just gays and feminists trying to brainwash you.

While you may be attracting more women now, they will be leaving later to find a real man. Deep down inside that's what they yearn for, even though you're getting the attention that you do now.

Don't sell out your gendre for short term gains. You'll regret it in the long run!

Brad324

Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't see myself trying waxing and plucking either, that's a little too much for me, even if I did think it would get me more play. As far as using men's cosmetics - the thought of sitting in front of the mirror putting on "make-up" just doesn't feel right, however, having really healthy looking skin doesn't sound too bad either. Brings visions of Hank Hill shouting "damnit Bobby!" BUT - I'll probably give it a try anyways :p

Brad324

Don Juan
Reaction score
Who said anything about acting feminine? I'd say a guy with healthy skin looks manlier than a guy with red blemishes and zits on his face, but that's just me. If you FEEL feminine by enhancing your appearance, then maybe you shouldn't. I personally don't see it as any different than buying nice clothes, shaving, getting a nice haircut, etc. Hell, I'd probably paint my penis pink if I believed it would get me play from top female supermodels, who cares what guys think about my manliness :D

Centaurion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So, gigalo, what you basically is saying is that,

taking care of oneself = gay

yeah, great reasoning.
:rolleyes:

Joe The Homophobe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
metrosexuality was started by feminists. This is all those radical feminists way of further feminizing men by having weak sissy men go out and get facials or dress in homo looking clothing. When you see a metrosexual you see a man that has fallen to the trap of the feminists.

JonJack

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What's with some of the narrow minded shyt man?

First of all, what makes a man a "real" man? Unless the definition of a man is someone who behaves in a manner that is not metrosexual or gay in nature, how can one have any legitimacy in defining a "real" man?

Sometimes I get the feeling that some of the guys here behave a little like politicians. They have a stance on some issues and they truly stand firmly behind them. But then it always seems like they use the same boring arguments over and over again every time the issue is raised. There's no active listening on their part. There's no empathy on their part. There's no explaining on their part. Come to think of it, this behaviour is like a girl's.

Q-Pid

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Joe The Homophobe
metrosexuality was started by feminists. This is all those radical feminists way of further feminizing men by having weak sissy men go out and get facials or dress in homo looking clothing. When you see a metrosexual you see a man that has fallen to the trap of the feminists.
In the nicest way possible - you are full of ****.

Joe The Homophobe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by JonJack

First of all, what makes a man a "real" man? Unless the definition of a man is someone who behaves in a manner that is not metrosexual or gay in nature, how can one have any legitimacy in defining a "real" man?
what I can tell you is that a REAL MAN doesn't go out and get facials and spends his day plucking his eye brows! you might as well borrow your dad's butt tight 70's pants so you can look 'fashionable," you puzz!

what every man needs to know about fashion/trends: the people behind them are usually sexual deviants.

in the words of bufford t justice
"what the heck is this world coming to, hum?"

Q-Pid

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No such thing as a "real man" - it's a bull**** social construct.

Brad324

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Joe The Homophobe
what I can tell you is that a REAL MAN doesn't go out and get facials and spends his day plucking his eye brows! you might as well borrow your dad's butt tight 70's pants so you can look 'fashionable," you puzz!

what every man needs to know about fashion/trends: the people behind them are usually sexual deviants.

in the words of bufford t justice
"what the heck is this world coming to, hum?"
I think you're more concerned about the ACT of improving yourself, rather than the results of it. People don't get their unibrow plucked because they "want to spend their day plucking their eyebrows", they're just willing to sacrifice a bit of their time and money in order to achieve greater looks. I mean, we trade our free time for improvement all the time? What do you think people get jobs for? Because they enjoy giving their free time to some company?

Joe The Homophobe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There is a difference between buying nice clothes, shoes, a nice watch and a good cologne, to then going from that to getting facials, body wax, eye brow plucking and all that feminist crap!
When did it become acceptable in this country for a man to go from being a rugged, plaid-wearing, beef jerky eating badass to a well-groomed, "metrosexual" girly-boy like Ben Affleck? Affleck recently agreed to be a spokesman for L'Oreal, with L'Oreal quoted as saying "Ben embodies a new generation of men who show their strength in their personality but are not afraid to care for their appearance." Afraid of taking care of their appearances? It's not that we're afraid you *******s, it's that we don't menstruate. What next? Men getting hormone injections so they can breast feed?

"Ben embodies a new generation of men who show their strength in their personality but are not afraid to breast feed their children."

Is it okay that I don't have a sense of style? Is it okay for me to scratch myself? I'm hairy. I like wearing plaid and I don't want to be told how to dress by some dude with a "queer eye." Is that okay with you sissies, or would you like me to package my balls and neatly carry them in a purse? For crying out loud. You're turning us into a nation of pussies.

That's why I wrote this tribute to real men, the kind of men who perpetuate our species, don't know what conditioner is used for, and don't apologize for not wearing makeup. Without further ado, real men:
a tribute to real men

JonJack

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What's the difference between getting nice clothes, good cologne, flashy car, bad ass body, good haircut with getting facials, body waxing, eyebrow plucking if let's say all of them are used to attract women? It's obvious that specifically they are all different acts, but ultimately the use of these actions are for the same reason. How can one intelligently argue that one group of actions are considered manly and the other group is considered fvckin gay?

Please don't just regurgitate the same "it's all just so feminin" excuse. It only seems feminin because we've been conditioned to associate all those actions with women.

Interpol

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by SuperPRLWannabe
What you are experiencing is you're slow acceptance that you are gay!

Tanning? Men's "cosmetics"???? Eye plucking? BODY HAIR WAXING?!?!?! You're a H0MO with capital letters!!!!!
Yes, enjoying increased attention from females is a sure sign that you're turning gay...:rolleyes:

Do you have any idea how dumb you sound? One PRL is enough, we don't need two.

aftershock

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I use a beard trimmer to remove the middle part of my mono-brow. It takes no more than five seconds once every couple of weeks and makes me look better - which is what I want!

Each guy to themselves, I say.

Eternal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hmm..

*Throws out razors, shaving gel, shampoo, deoderant, cologne, soap, toothpaste, toothbrush, floss, contacts/glasses and toilet paper*

Hmm...So if using any of that crap to take care of myself makes me a homo, I don't want to use it! Thanks for opening my eyes Gig!