Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Men's Fashion Resources

CopperHead

Don Juan
Reaction score
I want to start upgrading my wardrobe. I am not good with fashion. I never really had an interest in it. When I go to my barber I tell him to "make it look good." I trust him and he does a great job and occasionally tries different things. I'm clueless as to buying clothes. I try to dress nice but I feel my fashion sense is lacking.

I tried stitch fix for a couple months. I got a few nice pieces of clothing. Most of the stuff they sent me didn't fit well and was much too small. I am 6'3" 220 lbs. I like to dead lift and squat so I have trouble finding pants that fit well. A lot of shirts just seem too short because of my size.

What are some resources to develop my sense of fashion and give me ideas for my new and improved wardrobe. Ideally I would like a mix of casual and formal wear. I am open to any advice.

Warning!

Do not subscribe to The SoSuave Newsletter unless you are already a chick magnet!

The information in each issue is too powerful for most guys to handle. If you are an ordinary guy, it is not for you. It is meant for the elite few – not the unwashed masses.

If you think you can handle it...

If you already have girls calling you at all hours of the day and night, showing up at your door, throwing themselves at you everywhere you go...

Then sign up below.

But if you're just an average Joe, an ordinary guy, no one special – and wish to continue being so – then skip this. It's too much power for you.

Rainman4707

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wouldn't worry to much about fashion. Sometimes a pair of navy jeans and black leather jacket do the job.

I have a pair of red jeans also.

My favourite stores are Superdry. I like lacoste and diesel too.

Main thing is to be clean and hygienic.

GrowingPains

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good for you bud. Looking good can make you feel good.

I would start by searching 'men's fashion essentials'/'men's wardrobe staples'/'how to build a minimalist wardrobe men'/ on youtube. You'll come across channels like:

Alpha m. - 40's?
Teachingmensfashion - late 20's
One Dapper Street - mid 20's
Real Men Real Style - more of a formal menswear channel

Here are some times that I've talked about fashion on this site:
1. 2. 3.

If you start with a nice fitting tshirt. Nice fitting jeans (black, dark denim, light wash denim, grey, chino's....). A basic watch (this was one of my first watches. Got it on eBay for $20 and got 4 straps with it... it's like having 4 watches). And some white/grey versatile shoes, you'll be good to go. This is just a really basic example - it's almost a uniform. You can add variation or find many other things after you do some research.

@nicksaiz65 might also have some more suggestions.

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good for you bud. Looking good can make you feel good.

I would start by searching 'men's fashion essentials'/'men's wardrobe staples'/'how to build a minimalist wardrobe men'/ on youtube. You'll come across channels like:

Alpha m. - 40's?
Teachingmensfashion - late 20's
One Dapper Street - mid 20's
Real Men Real Style - more of a formal menswear channel

Here are some times that I've talked about fashion on this site:
1. 2. 3.

If you start with a nice fitting tshirt. Nice fitting jeans (black, dark denim, light wash denim, grey, chino's....). A basic watch (this was one of my first watches. Got it on eBay for $20 and got 4 straps with it... it's like having 4 watches). And some white/grey versatile shoes, you'll be good to go. This is just a really basic example - it's almost a uniform. You can add variation or find many other things after you do some research.

@nicksaiz65 might also have some more suggestions.
I think you pretty much got them bro.

r/malefashionadvice is a good resource.

Alex Costa and Based Zeus are a couple good style resources that you left out.

Black Widow Void

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is another catch 22.

As an experiment, I bought some "in" fashion clothing. Yes it will attract, but it will also detract.

While conforming to fashion, I did notice attention from a few that otherwise probably wouldn't have been so attentive... yet, toward women with some actual substance, this fashion was a deterrent. The women on both sides seem to ph*ck the same and so, it's not like there's any added bonus for selling out your identity for a piece.

Personally, I think it's more on how you carry yourself. If you feel incomplete if you do not conform, you will probably project this image. If you feel more empowered by not being a hostage to fashion, you'll probably feel more empowered by doing it your way... and feel silly playing "dress up" (I sure did).

Read the 22 Rules for Massive Success with Women. Everything you need to know to become a huge success with women. And it's free!
Reaction score
I want to start upgrading my wardrobe. I am not good with fashion. I never really had an interest in it. When I go to my barber I tell him to "make it look good." I trust him and he does a great job and occasionally tries different things. I'm clueless as to buying clothes. I try to dress nice but I feel my fashion sense is lacking.

I tried stitch fix for a couple months. I got a few nice pieces of clothing. Most of the stuff they sent me didn't fit well and was much too small. I am 6'3" 220 lbs. I like to dead lift and squat so I have trouble finding pants that fit well. A lot of shirts just seem too short because of my size.

What are some resources to develop my sense of fashion and give me ideas for my new and improved wardrobe. Ideally I would like a mix of casual and formal wear. I am open to any advice.
I've always been told i'm more fashionable than the average guy but I dont do anything special

1) Develop a personal style ---- look on google images/pinterest for styles you like and that fit your personality ( if your a wall street guy dont dress like a rapper. or do . whatever floats your boat)

2) Fit, fit, fit -----Proper fit is 80% of the battle in mens fashion. If possible (cuz ya know covid) go to a tailor and get your measurements and get a copy written down so when comparing to amazon or others you have a reference for your proper size.

3) Don't get suckered by marketing ---- there is plenty of affordable good clothes on amazon at slightly above cost rather than the industry average 8% markup on retail and 60% on designer. However, there is also a lot of cheap asian low quality synthetic garbage. What you could get with $1,000 you could also spend $5,000 for and not get much overall quality increase.

4) youtube channels like alpha m, style og, teaching mens fashion, etc, are great visual resources.

5) Scent - The point of fashion is to LOOK GOOD. but as with food, our sense of smell makes a difference. If your not already doing so, drink enough water, sleep well, get 1 or 2 good quality seasonal colognes. You can put makeup on a pig but its still a pig. haha

6) Muscles - If you got em, show em off ;)

If you find you like the whole mens grooming/fashion thing as you get more into it I'd definetly recommend looking into books on style design so you can start using what you've learned to build your own true style instead of a purely modified version of trends. its the whole "first learn the rules, then break them at your discretion" parable.

Im not really gonna say anything more cuz thats plenty to get started. the next thing is more about how much you enjoy fashion. if so you can experiment a lot more.

Cheers bro!

thinker

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
@CopperHead the most important thing is fit above anything else. A cheap suit that fits you well is way better than an Armani suit that doesn't fit well. I have thick legs, you lift so I imagine that jeans that are to tight would not be good. I always buy relaxed fit jeans that fit me well ( no skinny or baggy jeans for me). Go to bookstores and look through men's magazines like GQ, you don't have to buy them as most of what is in them is shiit, but looking at how the men are dressed in the magazines can give you some mental food to work with. Keep it simple, for casual I wear hiking or some form of masculine looking lace up boots or New Balance cross trainers with well fitting jeans and a T shirt of one of my favorite rock bands (also wear a belt). To dress up a bit more I will switch the T shirt with long sleeve shirt ( plaid pattern, solid color or stripes on solid color). To dress up more, add a black or navy colored jacket to a solid colored or striped shirt with some dress shoes (you are still wearing jeans and for black jacket wear black shoes , for navy colored jacket wear brown shoes). Finally for full dress up black , navy colored suit, and or pinstriped suit. make sure that anything you wear on your upper body frames your shoulders well, again I cannot stress enough how important fit is. Hair cut experiment and see what looks best on you and wear some cologne. This is simple but I have done this since high school and it earned me the nickname GQ, not to mention that girls used to stop me in the hallways and in class and would start touching me and telling me how cute I looked and what great style I had. Don't go for fashion go for style, fashion is temporary but style is eternal.

Scars

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Alpha M is a good YouTube channel if you can get past all the shameless self promoting. I recommend watching if you're 30+ and looking for a more mature look. He breaks it down in one of his videos, but all men need to "dress their age". You can't be 30 and dressing like a Soundcloud rapper.. just don't do it.

7onriverI f

Don Juan
Reaction score
For me its plain t-shirts. Black, Navy Blue, gray or perhaps white.
Jeans navy blue, black, or light blue. The light blue jeans go better with the navy blue t-shirt.

Shoes brown boots.

I've also gone out to clubs in old mans pants fleezy pants or track pants and had girls tap me on the back asking how old I am and wanting to take a photo with me. A lot of it comes down to whether you think your hot ****.