Mask/Vaccine mandates being lifted. Hmmm...

Status
Not open for further replies.

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
People are reporting in the ER they are vaxxed and boosted, show their proof (it's now electronic in CT), but they are having severe issues. Many have underlining medical issues which has most likely exacerbated the situation. However, saying that everyone should get vaxxed and then COVID will go away is completely false. It will continue to mutate, most likely to a lessor virus strain; but will always be here. Similar to how people still get the plague. With antibiotics, it's not a death sentence any longer. Quite treatable.
That misses the point. It's not about eliminating the virus, but making things in such a way that it does not overwhelm the health care system and ICU beds. To say the vaccines are not effecting this is not real. You would have at least DOUBLE the hospital admissions of vaccinated people if they were all unvaccinated. You don't see that higher number saved as you can only see absolute numbers rather than whether it's proportionate or not.

Of course, Omnicron is pushing people who have underlying medical issues over the edge who are vaxxed. But it's a bad disqualifier since you are not comparing it with how man otherwise healthy patients who are unvaxxed are there.

DonJuanjr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Each person makes the to vax or not vax decision based on their own personal health judgement and preferences.…
Ultimately yes... But this doesn't stop those that do get it from chastising others for not getting it. You know, for "public health". Otherwise why would they care? Which goes back to my statement of, why should I care about public health, if the public doesn't care about their health?

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
But if at least one person is fine, then that means there's a possibility for others to be fine. It can be scaled up cause it starts with a hypothesis. Why do people like MM and myself exist? People like Eye cannot answer it faithfully cause they are married to their narrative.
Yes there is a possibility, you are right. But you can't draw that conclusion until you've done the research. Otherwise you're stuck with the fallacy of small numbers. Say you poll 10 people and find they are all like you - unvaxxed, unmasked, uninfected. This is remarkable but not significant. You would need to research something more like 1,000 or 10,000 people to start to see percentages that matter. Just like you can flip a coin 10 times and get heads 9 times. But if you flip it 1,000 times the outcome will be more like 50/50.

To illustrate in Sosuave terms, imagine if I went to the main forum and said "I know five men who are married, not one has been divorced. So what do you think of marriage NOW?" I don't think a lot of men here would feel that marriage is a safe bet just because of five people.

Oh, it's more than just "one person." I'm proof of this.
According to (so-called) 'science'... with my age and lifestyle, I should have been dead or hospitalized two or three times already, but ... here I am; no vaccine, masked less than three hours over the past two years. gone about my business the typical way... and no sickness since 2017.

My science isn't based on "science changes." Instead my science is based on concrete facts. For instance; an adequate immune system is capable of doing its job. Many of us are scientific proof that we've done fine without masks or vaccines.
See above and - if you haven't caught COVID, you might just be resistant to it, which is great. That is not the case for everybody and not a basis for a scientific conclusion (other than about yourself - depending on factors).

Again I'm not arguing the efficacy of masks or vaccines. I agree that science and research gets exploited politically. Personally I don't listen to politicians and I dig a little deeper and think critically. I don't even think masks are very effective, although if someone is contagious they are better than nothing. I wear one because I don't want to get fined and because it's better for me personally. In the future if I catch cold I will probably wear one, Asians have been doing this for years. But that's my choice, same with the vaccine. Didn't do it because I'm "gullible." (But I'm just one person and can't speak for everyone...nor would I presume anything about anyone.)

RickTheToad

Reaction score
That misses the point. It's not about eliminating the virus, but making things in such a way that it does not overwhelm the health care system and ICU beds. To say the vaccines are not effecting this is not real. You would have at least DOUBLE the hospital admissions of vaccinated people if they were all unvaccinated. You don't see that higher number saved as you can only see absolute numbers rather than whether it's proportionate or not.

Of course, Omnicron is pushing people who have underlying medical issues over the edge who are vaxxed. But it's a bad disqualifier since you are not comparing it with how man otherwise healthy patients who are unvaxxed are there.
We're at the same or near the same levels of admissions at St. Vincent's MC as when the pandemic started. So, considering I'm actually here in the ER, it's pretty safe to say I'd know the difference dude.

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
We're at the same or near the same levels of admissions at St. Vincent's MC as when the pandemic started. So, considering I'm actually here in the ER, it's pretty safe to say I'd know the difference dude.
Its a different virus than when the pandemic started. You know that omnicron is ultra transmissive. In fact if the original strain was as transmissable then it would not be double, but probably 16 times as many "hypothetically unvaccinated-vaccinated" patients as you do now in the hospital (ICUs would be staggeringly higher than that). People would be dying in the streets.

Also, by your own admission its mainly older vaccinated patients with comorbidities. Can you really say that make up has always been like that with the original strain or delta while the vaccines were rolling out and yonger people were still ineligible?

Last edited:

Billtx49

Reaction score

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
First msm breakdown I’ve read about concerning current Omicron / hospital operational status:
Even if its a secondary cause, having the virus could have pushed someone over the edge so in a sense the virus is always suspect.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
Its a different virus than when the pandemic started. You know that omnicron is ultra transmissive. In fact if the original strain was as transmissable then it would not be double, but probably 16 times as many "hypothetically unvaccinated-vaccinated" patients as you do now in the hospital (ICUs would be staggeringly higher than that). People would be dying in the streets.

Also, by your own admission its mainly older vaccinated patients with comorbidities. Can you really say that make up has always been like that with the original strain or delta while the vaccines were rolling out and yonger people were still ineligible?
If you want to believe that, that's on you. The virus's basic structure is the same, but it modified it's genetic code to evade this amazing "vaccine" to protect itself. So, every time a person receives a booster, the virus which they transmit has been modified, but weaker to evade said "vaccine". So, as any epidemiologist would tell you, it will mutate itself out and just become a influenza / common cold varient. The time frame for this is approx. 2.5 years. Hmm, let's check history for a moment. Well, would you look at that, all previous pandemics caused by viruses in modern times ended within 22 - 28 months. Hmm...

HaleyBaron

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes there is a possibility, you are right. But you can't draw that conclusion until you've done the research. Otherwise you're stuck with the fallacy of small numbers. Say you poll 10 people and find they are all like you - unvaxxed, unmasked, uninfected. This is remarkable but not significant. You would need to research something more like 1,000 or 10,000 people to start to see percentages that matter. Just like you can flip a coin 10 times and get heads 9 times. But if you flip it 1,000 times the outcome will be more like 50/50.

To illustrate in Sosuave terms, imagine if I went to the main forum and said "I know five men who are married, not one has been divorced. So what do you think of marriage NOW?" I don't think a lot of men here would feel that marriage is a safe bet just because of five people.
The conclusion happens quickly because the current narrative is that there's no other option against covid. But if someone like myself have yet to get sick despite all the warning, it means there exists another option. The conclusion is drawn right away that whatever I am doing is working and whatever they say is not holding up. Which means there's others like me, because I'm not the only lucky guy in the world who didn't get sick. My conclusion becomes that the news does not speak of people like myself, either cause of naivety or malicious intentions. Research was fast and quick.

Bokanovsky

Banned
Reaction score
If you want to believe that, that's on you. The virus's basic structure is the same, but it modified it's genetic code to evade this amazing "vaccine" to protect itself. So, every time a person receives a booster, the virus which they transmit has been modified, but weaker to evade said "vaccine". So, as any epidemiologist would tell you, it will mutate itself out and just become a influenza / common cold varient. The time frame for this is approx. 2.5 years. Hmm, let's check history for a moment. Well, would you look at that, all previous pandemics caused by viruses in modern times ended within 22 - 28 months. Hmm...
It's amazing how much stupidity could be avoided if people would just study history. What we are seeing with COVID today is exactly what happened with the Spanish Flu 100 years ago. And even though they didn't have vaccines for Spanish Flu back then, the virus still mutated into weaker strains until it became a "regular" influenza variant through the process of natural selection (a weaker virus that doesn't kill the host has a higher chance of reproductive success).

Last edited:

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's amazing how much stupidity could be avoided if people would just study history. What we are seeing with COVID today is exactly what happened with the Spanish Flu 100 years ago. And even though they didn't have vaccines for Spanish Flu back then, the virus still mutated into weaker strains until it became a "regular" influenza variant through the process of natural selection (a weaker virus that doesn't kill the host has a higher chance of reproductive success).
No one is arguing against this. The policies are to protect the hospital system, thus preventing millions of senseless deaths.

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So what. What is your point? That does not address anything I just posted but sounds like you are parroting some points from an antivaxx site.

lost_blackbird

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In the UK one can make oneself exempt from mask wearing purely by saying so, I spent £2.50 on
a small credit card sized card saying I'm exempt
and got a sunflower lanyard issued to me at work (they don't know I'm autistic BTW, I'm a black belt at masking
no pun intended) because all you need to be exempt at my place of work work is to wear a pair of glasses which
I do for reading, necessary for me to see the AMT (Arm Mounted Terminal) I get my work assignments through.
I work in a refrigerated warehouse and wearing a mask and glasses results in some quite dangerous
misting issues which when combined with the daily use of forklift style MHE (manual handling equipment)
and RPT (ride-on pallet truck) machines which I use for my job. You are asking for BIG trouble if the operators cannot
see as there are well over 100 people on shift at any time and the trucks we use weigh a LOT and are quite hard
to stop in a hurry. Literally a possibly fatal accident waiting to happen. I wear my work lanyard all the time with a
card holder hanging from it which doubles as my wallet where my Ebay badge is visible in the clear section.

This is enough to keep the mask zealots at bay and allows me to enter shops and public transport (I only get
the odd Uber every now and then). Yes, I've had covid, it was sh1t but somehow unvaccinated old me
survived with a bit of time off work (on full pay) and a few paracetamol tablets and am back to my old self.
It is against the law here to even ask me what my disability is and actually autism is one of the conditions that
makes one exempt from vaccination anyway so I'm covered either way.

HaleyBaron

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
For hilarity, here are some things back in the olden days. See similarities with the newspaper compared to now? Remember when they said that blacks are the most contagious and most likely be sick? Funny how it resonates exactly with the same sentiments of over a century ago. Shows that one side of the aisle never changed their views. They used the same tactics then they do now. Even down to the anti-mask shaming. More you know.

Kotaix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The real problem that the current administration has is that their people are beyond incompetent. They are losing votes because they've failed utterly in every aspect other than being fascists.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The real problem that the current administration has is that their people are beyond incompetent. They are losing votes because they've failed utterly in every aspect other than being fascists.
No. Regarding COVID-19 this is just wrong. Every person living in the USA has access to the COVID-19 vaccines, at home tests, and masks. The latter two are free of charge. It is not the current government’s fault that 1/3 of Americans still think COVID-19 is a hoax.

Status
Not open for further replies.