Mask/Vaccine mandates being lifted. Hmmm...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Black Widow Void

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Despite ‘claims’ that Omicron is of a great danger, mask/vaccine mandates are being lifted. Comparing this to the last two years.. this sure seems inconsistent and contradictory.

Here’s my theory. --- With midterms approaching (and with certain voting bills losing support) the Democrat party fears that their former “new normal” would reduce their voter turnout; consequently reducing their chances of remaining in office.

If true, this begs the question:
Despite their platform (from the last two years) are they now actually serving their best interest over your well-being?
Or… was it always about stripping liberties by exploiting a gullible population?

Should anyone care to provide a different viewpoint, I'll keep an open mind.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Evidence suggests that among the fully vaccinated and boosted omicron is more of an endemic respiratory disease that is not fatal. Aka, if you keep up with the shots at worst it is like the flu.

I do not understand why people are still making this political.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
are they now actually serving their best interest over your well-being?
All politicians always serve their well being first and foremost. If it happens to intersect with mine, it's a happy accident. Once I accepted this I lost any incredulity or "shock, SHOCK" about anything they do.

Modern Man Advice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Despite ‘claims’ that Omicron is of a great danger, mask/vaccine mandates are being lifted. Comparing this to the last two years.. this sure seems inconsistent and contradictory.

Here’s my theory. --- With midterms approaching (and with certain voting bills losing support) the Democrat party fears that their former “new normal” would reduce their voter turnout; consequently reducing their chances of remaining in office.

Despite their platform (from the last two years) are they now actually serving their best interest over your well-being?
Or… was it always about stripping liberties by exploiting a gullible population?

That is a good guess, and that is partially why.

Also, there are just too many studies and fact-checked information on the effectiveness of everyday (not N95 and above) masks against the size of covid-19 aerosol particles. Furthermore, the only benefit of the vaccine has to do with the level of reaction to the virus involving ONLY those with compromised immunity, and not the spread and receptiveness of the virus from body to body.

Ultimately, this virus, although real, is simply a tool for socio-economical-political agendas. With masks and vaccine mandates lifted people will stop fighting back and that's when a vaccine passport will be introduced globally (like in AU) as optional. The caveat to this is that this optional angle is more like it is your option to be part of society or not.

Modern Man Advice

jimwho

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't believe (they are worried) the new normal will reduce (their) voter turnout, they fear both parties are sick of the incompetence, lies, and deceit. Expect the sun to come out right before the election, and lower gas prices. I do believe they want to stack the deck by selling us out. I think this thread may not last long!

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Evidence suggests that among the fully vaccinated and boosted omicron is more of an endemic respiratory disease that is not fatal. Aka, if you keep up with the shots at worst it is like the flu.

I do not understand why people are still making this political.
If you think this is still about health on January 20th of 2022, I'd look in to Mass Hysteria.

The press is always whipping up sh1t. Notice how loud the war drums are beating suddenly?

Last edited:

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

This is A reason, however there is no Democratic party in England.

Billtx49

Reaction score
Considering the SCOTUS ruled against the government’s private industry employees vaccine mandate taking effect last week, it’s no wonder the tide may be changing in the states that are still mandate heavy…
When omicron peaks soon and is recognized as being endemic, the fear factor and government overreach should be mostly over.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Considering the SCOTUS ruled against the government’s private industry employees vaccine mandate taking effect last week, it’s no wonder the tide may be changing in the states that are still mandate heavy…
When omicron peaks soon and is recognized as being endemic, the fear factor and government overreach should be mostly over.
I’m metro NYC Omicron has already peaked and is trending down sharply. There are mask mandates & vaccine mandates. People who who suggest mandates don’t work aren’t paying attention to the data.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
Over reach of legislative powers at nearly all levels. Until the next one comes...

RickTheToad

Reaction score
I’m metro NYC Omicron has already peaked and is trending down sharply. There are mask mandates & vaccine mandates. People who who suggest mandates don’t work aren’t paying attention to the data.
The life of a virus changes over time. It continues to adapt to the conditions as it's trying to survive. Happens to all viruses. Take your pick, common cold, H1N1, influenza, HIV (there are now three subsets), etc. Do masks help, yes, and I support that. Question is still out on the vaccines as they've not been fully tested and are not fully effective. I know you will disagree, which is fine, but I deal with this daily, so we can just agree to disagree.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The life of a virus changes over time. It continues to adapt to the conditions as it's trying to survive. Happens to all viruses. Take your pick, common cold, H1N1, influenza, HIV (there are now three subsets), etc. Do masks help, yes, and I support that. Question is still out on the vaccines as they've not been fully tested and are not fully effective. I know you will disagree, which is fine, but I deal with this daily, so we can just agree to disagree.
You are free to disagree with the medical advice to get vaccinated against Covid-19. Your position is not grounded in data, but go for it.

RickTheToad

Reaction score

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I live on the red end of a blue state. We still have the mask mandates, but they are not enforced at all. A friend of mine had a sh1tty retail job and his boss told him to ask unmasked people walking in to wear one. One woman was so offended that she went home, told her husband, and then he called the store screaming at them and saying he was going to come shoot everyone. Even though my friend actually knew the guy's name, the police would not do anything. And sh1t like that is why mask mandates are not enforced here. It is hard enough to find anyone to work. Minimum wage workers don't get paid to take death threats.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
This is still a suggestion that getting vaccinated against Covid-19 confers no benefit or protection. The data shows the contrary.
Okay, dude. If it's so effective, why are people with the vaccine dying at the same or higher rate than one's who are "unvaccinated"? Why are many US states and the United Kingdom now dropping these mandates and lock-downs?

Oh, that's right.. You're in the medical profession, so you know best. What do you do again for a career?

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Okay, dude. If it's so effective, why are people with the vaccine dying at the same or higher rate than one's who are "unvaccinated"?
I dont know the answer to your question, but the first step would be to look at the data and see if they controlled for other variables. The vax rate should be higher among people who are old and sick already, idk if they controlled for differences in the two samples, vaxxed vs unvaxxed.

Bokanovsky

Banned
Reaction score
I live on the red end of a blue state. We still have the mask mandates, but they are not enforced at all. A friend of mine had a sh1tty retail job and his boss told him to ask unmasked people walking in to wear one. One woman was so offended that she went home, told her husband, and then he called the store screaming at them and saying he was going to come shoot everyone. Even though my friend actually knew the guy's name, the police would not do anything. And sh1t like that is why mask mandates are not enforced here. It is hard enough to find anyone to work. Minimum wage workers don't get paid to take death threats.
This really is a blessing in disguise. And, in an ironic way, proof that the Second Amendment *is* a safeguard against government tyranny after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.