Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Making a test profile on a dating app

Oito

Don Juan
Reaction score
I wanted to get an idea of how my good/bad my looks are and was thinking about making a test profile on a dating app.
I was thinking of putting my location in some distant city/country since I want to avoid possibly embarrassing myself with people who might know me, and since the only purpose would be to test out how interested women are. I was wondering if anyone here had any experience with this. I wanted to know what the best way of doing this would be.
I’ve read that changing your location costs money on some of these apps. I would want to keep the cost as low as possible, preferably zero.
So which app would be best?
And how do I go about it?

PS I’ve read about photofeeler.com on here. It’s supposed to be a good way to get an indication of the quality of your pictures/looks. Is it any good? Or are there better platforms to use?

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
What will doing this provide you? The most straightforward measure of your attractiveness is to talk to women you think are your match. If you're handsome, you've been told you are your whole life, compliments, etc. If you haven't ever been told you're cute, good-looking, or handsome, chances are you are not any of those things. Success on dating apps is not a good measure of your natural looks; it is highly reductive and, only the top 5-10% of men get matches regularly with anything desirable.

You're overthinking this. Just get out there and talk to girls.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Test different pics using boosts on Tinder. Start with your current one as a basis for comparison. You have to get Gold to see who likes you.

Oito

Don Juan
Reaction score
What will doing this provide you? The most straightforward measure of your attractiveness is to talk to women you think are your match. If you're handsome, you've been told you are your whole life, compliments, etc. If you haven't ever been told you're cute, good-looking, or handsome, chances are you are not any of those things. Success on dating apps is not a good measure of your natural looks; it is highly reductive and, only the top 5-10% of men get matches regularly with anything desirable.

You're overthinking this. Just get out there and talk to girls.
I know all that. I would still like an indication.
What you said is similar to saying there's no use in taking an IQ test because the chances that your are above 135 is really low.

I know dating apps are skewed etc., but there's gotta be good ways to get an indication. I would expect there is already a system out there. I.E. if you get more than X amount of matches/responses you are above average.

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
I know all that. I would still like an indication.
What you said is similar to saying there's no use in taking an IQ test because the chances that your are above 135 is really low.

I know dating apps are skewed etc., but there's gotta be good ways to get an indication. I would expect there is already a system out there. I.E. if you get more than X amount of matches/responses you are above average.
The issue is that for men the expectation for attractive has moved up 2-3 points and for women it’s dropped 2-3 points. Just trying to prepare you for what you’re going to experience bro.

I’m regularly told how handsome, fit and desireable I am - in person. On dating apps if I get 5 matches a month it’s a good month and 3 meets and if 1 turns into a lay it’s rare - less than 5 a year.

In any case take the results with a tablespoon of salt.

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
Not sure how your reply relates to mine. But hey what do I know?

More than half my plates came from OLD, but they can already know who I am so I just needed to be congruent. I had one that waited 2 months for me to reply because I was focused on another bimbo and overseas.

For the higher value guys that are social, can’t beat being a leader and organizing events. Find a niche and join that social group. Then climb up the ladder. Takes work, but more higher quality women

Gamisch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lol at OP. And not a "humiliating lol":whistle:.

You wanna make an OLD profile to "gauge your SMV"? That's just a weak excuse. We all have OLD profiles to gauge our smv both men and women.

I don't know what to tell you. OLD is a tough place to be for ANY men. Even a top tier dude will have a hard time. You gotta be in the top 1 % to have a similar experience like a hb6,5 woman. There are plenty of hb6 tier womem who are chasing NBA players and want DaBaby and Future as their boyfriends.

I am curious about the REAL idea behind this thread....

More than half my plates came from OLD, but they can already know who I am so I just needed to be congruent. I had one that waited 2 months for me to reply because I was focused on another bimbo and overseas.

For the higher value guys that are social, can’t beat being a leader and organizing events. Find a niche and join that social group. Then climb up the ladder. Takes work, but more higher quality women
The last paragraph is exactly what I am doing right now. Add value to the world so you can get some back...

Last edited:

Tilex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You can do it for an ego boost, but I wouldn't recommend a far away country. You should pick a country within your own continent. The scaling is closer to your level.

Eastern women & Western women have different preferences in what they're attracted to. You won't be getting the same results.

I_have_BDE

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I did this one a few years ago, only to see how many "likes" and messages I'd get making a woman's profile. So I took an HB 6 that messaged me on POF. Cute, but wasn't super hot. Took her photo and made a match profile. Just one photo, didn't fill out the rest of the BS like job, bio and such. So any educated guy wouold know it's a fake profile because literally none of it was filled out.

Despite this I still got like 90 likes in 2 weeks time and like 50 messages even though everyone on this forum would know it wasn't a serious profile if they saw it.

Oito

Don Juan
Reaction score
You can do it for an ego boost, but I wouldn't recommend a far away country. You should pick a country within your own continent. The scaling is closer to your level.

Eastern women & Western women have different preferences in what they're attracted to. You won't be getting the same results.
That's what I was planning on. Do you have any experience with this? Which apps best to use, how to maintain the best degree of anonimity, etc.?