Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Lost 40 Pounds (18 kg) - picture (opinions/critiques welcome)

AlphaNate

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When my LTR ended in June, I hated what I saw in the mirror. It took me a bit, but I re-joined the gym in December, and have lost 40 pounds (18 kg). When I started the LTR, I was 40 pounds lighter, so I'm really just back where I was. I also learned to cook.

http://imgur.com/a/PvGu5

Before exercise: none

After exercise: 5 to 6 days a week. 30 minutes of high-intensity cardio and 60 minutes of weight training, typically rotating upper and lower body.

Before diet: mostly fast food. I also drank a lot of beer.

After diet:

Morning: 3-eggs omelette with fresh cooked vegetables.
Afternoon: Protein bar if I'm hungry before lunch. For lunch itself, I'll either have leftovers from dinner, or a protein bar dipped in high-protein yogurt (Oikos triple-zero).
*GYM*
Post-gym: Protein shake, including whey and creatine.
Evening: Meat, typically chicken, fish, or beef seared in a cast-iron skillet. Frozen vegetables (the steam in the bag kind). Once or twice a week I'll include a light starch, like plain brown rice or low-carb tortillas.

No alcohol, aside from maybe a single beer on a date. I no longer drink alone. Mostly just water and occasionally a diet soda. Any thoughts are welcome. I think my shoulders need more work.

Thanks.

guru1000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You look much, much better. Congrats on the hard work and dedication it took you to get here.

You are about 17-18% bf; once you get below 15%, you will see traces of your abs, and at 10% full abs.

It's hard to tell you how to symmetrize, as you are still carrying some fat.

What is your height and weight?

AlphaNate

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks!

I'm 6'1" and currently 184 pounds (185.4 cm and 83.5 kg).

guru1000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm currently 6'1, 187 lbs., 11% bf, perfect symmetry.

I have been 210, 10% bf and also 165, 10% bf. I find my current weight and bf% to be ideal for attracting the largest pool of hot women.

At 6'1, 184 lbs, if you lost another 10 lbs. of fat and gained 10 lbs of muscle, you would be 184 lbs, 10-12%bf. Estimated time frame to achieve this is one year naturally.

Edit: Your weight changed, and so did my recommendation.

Last edited:

AlphaNate

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sorry, typed it wrong lol

So how can I measure my body fat?

Trunks

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
When my LTR ended in June, I hated what I saw in the mirror. It took me a bit, but I re-joined the gym in December, and have lost 40 pounds (18 kg). When I started the LTR, I was 40 pounds lighter, so I'm really just back where I was. I also learned to cook.

http://imgur.com/a/PvGu5

Before exercise: none

After exercise: 5 to 6 days a week. 30 minutes of high-intensity cardio and 60 minutes of weight training, typically rotating upper and lower body.

Before diet: mostly fast food. I also drank a lot of beer.

After diet:

Morning: 3-eggs omelette with fresh cooked vegetables.
Afternoon: Protein bar if I'm hungry before lunch. For lunch itself, I'll either have leftovers from dinner, or a protein bar dipped in high-protein yogurt (Oikos triple-zero).
*GYM*
Post-gym: Protein shake, including whey and creatine.
Evening: Meat, typically chicken, fish, or beef seared in a cast-iron skillet. Frozen vegetables (the steam in the bag kind). Once or twice a week I'll include a light starch, like plain brown rice or low-carb tortillas.

No alcohol, aside from maybe a single beer on a date. I no longer drink alone. Mostly just water and occasionally a diet soda. Any thoughts are welcome. I think my shoulders need more work.

Thanks.
Well done, bro. You look clean and lean.

sazc

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
WOW! you totally went from not to hot, from dad to bad (ass) :)
in all seriousness, you weren't bad looking when you were heavier, but you look amazing! Great Job!

AlphaNate

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks! Feels good to hear encouraging words. Gotta keep at it!

dustmuffin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good work. You can really tell the difference.

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good job losing the weight, what look are you trying to achieve tho? You've gone from being heavier with no muscle to being skinny with no muscle. If you are looking to build muscle, I'd advise you to revisit your training/diet because it's clearly not working effectively for that. If you are just looking to hit a body weight, or be skinnier then congrats on achieving that.

AlphaNate

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good job losing the weight, what look are you trying to achieve tho? You've gone from being heavier with no muscle to being skinny with no muscle. If you are looking to build muscle, I'd advise you to revisit your training/diet because it's clearly not working effectively for that. If you are just looking to hit a body weight, or be skinnier then congrats on achieving that.
Thanks for the feedback. I am trying to build muscle while slimming down from being the fatty I was. This is only three months of progress, so I realize I've got a ways to go in regards to lowering my body fat. I haven't slowed down and don't plan to.

I've added fish oil to my daily supplements. If you have any suggestions, I'm more than open. Thanks.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback. I am trying to build muscle while slimming down from being the fatty I was. This is only three months of progress, so I realize I've got a ways to go in regards to lowering my body fat. I haven't slowed down and don't plan to.

I've added fish oil to my daily supplements. If you have any suggestions, I'm more than open. Thanks.
Diet is 80%. Starve the fat. Feed the muscle.

Infern0

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You are about 18% bodyfat.

Yoi cant really build muscle on a cut, but keep lifting to maintain what you do have.

Keep cutting down to 10-12% (should take you 12-14 weeks) then start a lean bulking phase for at least a year.

Oh, also please figure out your caloric requirements and nutrition partitioning. That diet pains me to look at.

Outside of that great job man.