Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Losing 15lbs in 30 days

M

member160292

Current
5'6"
178 lbs

Planning to bike 2 miles RT to the gym, 4 times a week
Max 10 reps x 3
Bench Press - 155lb​
Swat - 80lb (shameful)​
Overhead Press - 80lb​
Focusing on Keto, <50g carbs a day
4-6 drinks a night :zip: going to bring it down
Fasting after dinner to lunch

Sucks I'll have a work trip next week and weekends with friends/family. Let's hold me accountable

Basic male hormone test to be done tomorrow

Last edited by a moderator:

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Current
5'6"
178 lbs

Max 10 reps x 3
Bench Press - 155lb​
Swat - 80lb (shameful)​
Overhead Press - 80lb​

Sucks I'll have a work trip next week and weekends with friends/family. Let's hold me accountable
The cardio and low carbs will strip the fat out. Do 1hrs of cardio 5-6 days a week while you are on low carb and you will strip out 2-3lbs per week by starving the fat.

Do the weight training to maintain the muscle, eat .8-1g of protein per lbs of goal bodyweight to feed the muscle, so for you it would be at least 150grams of protein in that diet.

M

member160292

So I rode my bike to the gym this morning and man that was a workout of itself! I was exhausted, and did my thing. I caught a fit chick catching glances at me, granted I'm a far from fit.
After dropping off my car to get all the ignition coils and spark plugs replaces at 72k miles to fix my engine issue (1 failed coil) @Bokanovsky (biggest fear was the HPFS)
I was waiting for an uber like a broke ass, chick walked by turned around and smiled as I looked up. Granted she wasn't a stunner but still doable when needed.

Is this what being single feels like? More motivation for me :p

Last edited by a moderator:

jimwho

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
^^^ Are you saying 1-mile, one way on the bike? Is the bike a supertanker with 1/2 flat tires, or are you very
Out of shape?

M

member160292

^^^ Are you saying 1-mile, one way on the bike? Is the bike a supertanker with 1/2 flat tires, or are you very
Out of shape?
Ok I had to google map it. it's 2.3 miles one way. No **** why I was so tired. And yes very much out of shape

Edit:
Not tired, but my thighs were very sore from squatting 90 lbs 2 days ago...:lol:

jimwho

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I like your Candor. I ride so my advice is to ride every day for at least 5-10 minutes for a while. No need to gear up just go to the stop sign. Good for your bike legs and saddle soreness.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sorry to burst your bubble but 15 lbs in 30 days is not a healthy, sustainable goal. 0.5-1 lb per week is more realistic.

Your workout split is doing too much at once. I am a huge fan of biking myself, it is incredibly fun as cardio. The best shape I ever was in came from bike commuting. I did 16 miles round trip, 3-4 times per week. I was reasonably fit beforehand but in just 6 months I looked like a fitness model and lost about 15 lbs. My average speed on the bike had climbed to about 20 miles per hour on flat surface.

M

member160292

My plan is to focus on a core muscle group a day

Arms
Bicep curls​
Overhead Press​
Tricep pull down​
Lateral raises​
Legs/Core
Squats​
Toe raises​
Swivel ab machine​
Leg raises in that gundam robot structure​
Back
Lat pulldowns​
Row with weights​
Lower back extension​
Chest
Bench press, incline, decline​
Thoughts?

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My plan is to focus on a core muscle group a day

Arms
Bicep curls​
Overhead Press​
Tricep pull down​
Lateral raises​
Legs/Core
Squats​
Toe raises​
Swivel ab machine​
Leg raises in that gundam robot structure​
Back
Lat pulldowns​
Row with weights​
Lower back extension​
Chest
Bench press, incline, decline​
Thoughts?
Way too much. Start with a base strength program such as Stronglifts or Starting Strength. Do that for 3-4 months to build a foundational base of strength.

After that, asses if you want to further drop lbs or continue strength building. If you want maximum fat loss, pick up a cardio program of your interest and focus on that. Bicycling, running, swimming, and recreational sports (soccer, basketball, etc) are all good choices.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Current
5'6"
178 lbs

Max 10 reps x 3
Bench Press - 155lb​
Swat - 80lb (shameful)​
Overhead Press - 80lb​

Just fyi, alcohol is processed by your body into glucose. It does not contain carbs, but it might as well.

DonJuanjr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Man you really need to start hitting the gym if 90lb squats are making you sore...
Everyone has a starting point.... When I was a lifting newbie, I was sore as shjt from 85lb squats for like two weeks. I think it caused me to get fired from a job due to slower performance.

2Rocky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A salmonella infection might get you a 15 pound drop in 30 days....Or a tapeworm....

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The cardio and low carbs will strip the fat out. Do 1hrs of cardio 5-6 days a week while you are on low carb and you will strip out 2-3lbs per week by starving the fat.

Do the weight training to maintain the muscle, eat .8-1g of protein per lbs of goal bodyweight to feed the muscle, so for you it would be at least 150grams of protein in that diet.
The weights should be 3-6 days per week 30 minutes to 1 hrs, you can split up the weight and cardio sessions if you must. At least medium intensity, one session per week of high intensity. Hitting the weights hard forces the body to spare the muscle while cutting. On my body for whatever reason it seems to make the fat be stripped out harder.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
Current
5'6"
178 lbs

Max 10 reps x 3
Bench Press - 155lb​
Swat - 80lb (shameful)​
Overhead Press - 80lb​

You can also switch to Whey protein shakes instead of meals to cut fast. However, check with a doctor as you may need to take some supplements to balance out the missing vitamins and minerals you will be temporarily missing. Just note, your body will adjust to the missing calories, so it may not be that pleasant.

Weight loss has more to do with what you put in your mouth than what or how you exercise. Unless you're swole, you may to lose around 40 lbs.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
You can also switch to Whey protein shakes instead of meals to cut fast. However, check with a doctor as you may need to take some supplements to balance out the missing vitamins and minerals you will be temporarily missing. Just note, your body will adjust to the missing calories, so it may not be that pleasant.

Weight loss has more to do with what you put in your mouth than what or how you exercise. Unless you're swole, you may to lose around 40 lbs.
Whey protein is reactive in a large percentage of people...in many people it will help you hold onto weight instead of lose it