Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Looking back, what were you back in High School?

What would you classify yourself as back in High School?

• nerd/geek

Votes: 8 34.8%
  • Jock

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Punk/goth

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • trendy Casanova

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • religious, conservative

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Class president, mr. Popular

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • The balanced, normal dude

Votes: 6 26.1%

• Total voters

Travel memoir21

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
If you look back, what would you label yourself as during High School?

I just saw my old High School’s instagram page and not much have changed in terms of tradition, dress code and vibe. As I look back I think I might have been the geek who happened to play basketball.

My school’s 20th reunion is coming up in a few years and it should be interesting. Probably a football game, then restaurant get together….I don’t know if I’ll attend or not.

Anyways, Out of curiosity, which one were you?

2Rocky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Man without a tribe... Nerd in class, preppy in dress, first string in sports and never went to a high school party. At my 20th reunion one girl thought I was Mormon. (Someone else with my last name was though)

Wasn't until college I found my tribe in my major and fraternity.

Thanks to Social media I reconnected with many of my classmates. We have a lot more in common now with kids and careers. 20th is better than 10th believe me. People are more down to earth and less cliquey...Go...and hook up with the prom queen who is single again..

redskinsfan92

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bit of a nerd as far technology interests and video games. I was religious as I went to a Baptist school. Very conservative about politics then. Even had high interest in being a politician.I was well liked overall. Could make friends with anyone.

Eventually I decided for my own sanity to not pursue politics.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
I was half dork and half jock.

I had friends on both sides, kinda like the hybrid dude.

I was always very athletic so I got respect from the athletes because I was pretty much good at every sport we played, exceptionally good at both football and soccer, but I also was a computer dork and played D&D.

It was hilarious because both side would come up to me when I wasn't with the other group and ask why I was hanging out with "those guys".

It really wasn't a thing back then to be part of two diametrically opposed "cliques" so to speak...but I basically just told them I have different friends because I have different interests and they accepted it more or less.

Also, none of the dork group had to worry about the athletes fvcking with them because I wouldn't allow it when I was there, so that probably made them like hanging out with me even more haha

redskinsfan92

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was half dork and half jock.

I had friends on both sides, kinda like the hybrid dude.

I was always very athletic so I got respect from the athletes because I was pretty much good at every sport we played, exceptionally good at both football and soccer, but I also was a computer dork and played D&D.

It was hilarious because both side would come up to me when I wasn't with the other group and ask why I was hanging out with "those guys".

It really wasn't a thing back then to be part of two diametrically opposed "cliques" so to speak...but I basically just told them I have different friends because I have different interests and they accepted it more or less.
Reminds me of when I worked night shift in an Amazon warehouse. I somehow found myself making friends with everyone in the department. Then I realized there were cliques. I'd walk in the breakroom and could pick which group's table to sit at without issue. Then there were friends in the department I was in before that wanted to know why I didn't come talk to them.

eli77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
2001 comic book gig introvert turns somewhat alpha male and one girlfriend in junior high and one girlfriend High School then I discovered this site

lost_blackbird

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
For those of us in UK, could OP specify the age range meant. 'High School' means sh1t to me
as an English person. We have different names for stuff.

lost_blackbird

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ah okay, in the UK that's called secondary school. But staying on at school isn't mandatory
after 16 unless somethings changed since my younger days. We call 16-18 either college or
sixth form students. After that Further Education/University.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was captive in a zoo on the planet Tralfamadore.

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
I was the nerd. The guys respected me for it.

The girls were polite to me (in a friendzone sort of way). I didn't know what friendzone was at the time. I thought some of the more friendly ones liked me, until I got turned down six times trying to get a prom date lol.

I ended up being the Valedictoriancel.

Last edited:

Travel memoir21

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I was the nerd. The guys respected me for it.

The girls were polite to me (in a friendzone sort of way). I didn't know what friendzone was at the time. I thought some of the more friendly ones liked me, until I got turned down six times trying to get a prom date lol.
You should have asked a freshman or sophomore out. They would have been way more open to it because you were a senior.

Or better yet, another girl you know from a different school. I always regret not going to my senior year prom.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Man without a tribe
This was me. I was an athlete, though in a non-major sport. I played tennis.

I lost the first two years of high school due to height issues. I entered high school at 5'1". Reached 5'8" at end of sophomore year. Beginning of junior year was when I was tall enough to be taller than enough women to make dating worthwhile.

My parents also separated during my sophomore year of high school, leading to a relocation after sophomore year. I somewhat drifted through the last 2 years of high school. Did above average academically and played tennis but wasn't a major factor due to being transplanted into the class before 11th grade.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Man without a tribe... Nerd in class, preppy in dress, first string in sports and never went to a high school party.
I always felt I didn't really fit in anywhere either. I was a Christian honor student, but I tended to hang out with the rocker/stoner/dropout types. I was not athletic at all in high school unfortunately, but I got into sports in my 20s.

lost_blackbird

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was exactly the same at that age as I am now, closed off, withdrawn, finding any kind of social thing very draining, prefer solitude to company. Only difference is now I know it was my autism causing it as it continues to today. I Back then I often mused how I hadn’t found the right people to hang with yet. I followed the crowd at school purely as a safety mechanism, slipped into the ‘rock’ scene after I left school a ‘look’ I’ve stuck with since.

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I went to an all-boys school, and thus it was depressing.

AureliusMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
For those of us in UK, could OP specify the age range meant. 'High School' means sh1t to me
as an English person. We have different names for stuff.
Ye same, high school is very different in Europe from the US version..
Nothing special in Denmark either. Just fvcking loads of home work and (boring) study mostly. Some random parties in the weekend at somebody's place/night clubbing with the bois..
So same as UK I guess...

f(x)

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
1990s Skater-Raver-Hippie-Punk-Wanker

Smoked way too much weed to realize women were showing interest.

Jerked off to Hustler too much as well.

Went to parties and was able to keep my grades up.

I thought smoking cigarettes was cool.

I lost my virginity to the valedictorian.

Looking back I probably should have done 2-5 years of military service after graduation.