Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

lift log

Krueg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Glad your elbow if feeling better. If that's what works for ya keep doing it. But, not point in doing something that isn't helping you OR is causing injury.

Purefilth

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok, went to deadlift got 160 off the floor, but 170 still evades me :-(
Elbow is a pain - plenty of rest required so ill take a couple days off. I think my body deserves that much!

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Purefilth said:
Ok, went to deadlift got 160 off the floor, but 170 still evades me :-(
Elbow is a pain - plenty of rest required so ill take a couple days off. I think my body deserves that much!
Elbow pains can take a while to get better. Usually it's some form of tendinitis or inflamation in a muslce that has built up from a long time of overstrain from an exercise. Where is the pain located when you get it? Outer, inner elbow? Is it in the lower part of the upper arm or upper part of the lower arm?

Rest is all good, but if it comes back you should definatly try to track the exercise which is causing the elbow pain. It might not always be the exercises where the pain manifest itself which is the responsible exercise. I had trouble with db presses but it turned out to be an inflammation in brachialis due to squatting lowbar.

Purefilth

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lifeforce said:
Elbow pains can take a while to get better. Usually it's some form of tendinitis or inflamation in a muslce that has built up from a long time of overstrain from an exercise. Where is the pain located when you get it? Outer, inner elbow? Is it in the lower part of the upper arm or upper part of the lower arm?

Rest is all good, but if it comes back you should definatly try to track the exercise which is causing the elbow pain. It might not always be the exercises where the pain manifest itself which is the responsible exercise. I had trouble with db presses but it turned out to be an inflammation in brachialis due to squatting lowbar.
inner elbow lower part of upper arm. bottom of the inside tricep head
i can feel a chunk of inflamed tissue there.

Yeah, I'm resting for a while and i will track it. Cheers for the thoughts man :)

Purefilth

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
couple pullups few sets chest press few sets shoulder press.

smashed through a leg day.

3 sets 12 at 79 kg on leg press
2 sets 8 full stack on leg ext
2 ets 6 on leg curl

frontsquat 12 x bar
backsquat
12 x 60
8 x 80
6 x 90
4 x 100
12 x 60

2 sets lunges with 20kg DB in Each Hand

4 sets calf raises @115KG

Purefilth

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Front Squats
bar x 12

Squats
60 x 12
80 x 8
80 x 8
70 x 8
60 x 12
(still nice and light - azz to grass and perfect form, knees are holding fine)

calf raises (115 kg)

leg ext
3 sets of 8 @ 119Kg
^ gets the quads buurrrnnning!

Purefilth

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
****s sake had a whole list ****ing written up and then fukkin pressed a button and lost the ****ing lot.****!

****ing elbow giving me grief, so did what i could - mainly chest, with a little back.
****ing legs again tomorrow. ****.

Krueg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Take that aggression to the gym!

Purefilth

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hah, I did. Just lost the whole post wound me up. On top of this elbow ****.

Krueg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I know some guys can get elbow pain from squatting. If the bar isn't completely resting on your traps/upper back and your holding some of the weight in your hands, that weight will transfer down to your elbows and cause some grief. Don't know if that is your case, but thought I'd just throw it out there.

Purefilth

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Krueg said:
I know some guys can get elbow pain from squatting. If the bar isn't completely resting on your traps/upper back and your holding some of the weight in your hands, that weight will transfer down to your elbows and cause some grief. Don't know if that is your case, but thought I'd just throw it out there.
cheers for the thought - I can see how that would happen if you hold the bar low.
However- I went, I squatted and no elbow pain today - (yes I realise this is the 3rd leg day in the past 6, but i gottta do summink right?!?!)

Am on full stack for leg ext - which is 119 kg :D Gainnnzzz

still only squatting up to 90kg (200Lb) but time and manymanymany repzzz will sort this shiittt

Fuglydude

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey Filth,

Good recent progress on everything. How are your knees holding up? I remember you had some knee issues last time I read your training log.

One thing that I'm seeing with your leg work is heavy ass leg extensions... I'm not the dogmatic type so I'm not gonna give you shiit for doing them. However, please be careful that you don't put excess stress on your knee with that movement and at the weights you are doing.

I've been lifting for a long time... coming up on 15 years! I've been around high level athletes (including some world class athletes and trainers), as well as bodybuilders/strippers/powerlifters and people who make money off their build/looks/athletic performance and NONE of them espouse a heavy leg extension. There's nothing wrong with doing them at the end of a leg day to get a good pump and cut up your quads... but I'd personally be wary of hurting yourself with the loads you are handling, especially with your history of knee soreness.

I dug up an old article for you... Has some good research articles incorporated into it and makes some valid points:

http://www.t-nation.com/free_online...ormance_repair/the_truth_about_leg_extensions

Otherwise keep it up man... Your training log kinda makes me wanna start my own! Its very motivating!!

Purefilth

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Fuglydude said:
Hey Filth,

Good recent progress on everything. How are your knees holding up? I remember you had some knee issues last time I read your training log.

One thing that I'm seeing with your leg work is heavy ass leg extensions... I'm not the dogmatic type so I'm not gonna give you shiit for doing them. However, please be careful that you don't put excess stress on your knee with that movement and at the weights you are doing.

I've been lifting for a long time... coming up on 15 years! I've been around high level athletes (including some world class athletes and trainers), as well as bodybuilders/strippers/powerlifters and people who make money off their build/looks/athletic performance and NONE of them espouse a heavy leg extension. There's nothing wrong with doing them at the end of a leg day to get a good pump and cut up your quads... but I'd personally be wary of hurting yourself with the loads you are handling, especially with your history of knee soreness.

I dug up an old article for you... Has some good research articles incorporated into it and makes some valid points:

http://www.t-nation.com/free_online...ormance_repair/the_truth_about_leg_extensions

Otherwise keep it up man... Your training log kinda makes me wanna start my own! Its very motivating!!
Eye opening fugly. Honestly. I do like the pump off them but I guess ill have to lay off as I do hav e a little ache after hitting them hard.

Looks like lunges and squats will be all.

Purefilth

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
had a run at pushups today

feet elevated on medicine ball for all.

10pushups 10second hold in the down position x 5(no rest)
waited for my buddy to do his then did again x 4(no rest)
10 pushups 10 abrollouts (only rest while buddy did his)x 4

so that was 130 pushups.
pushups to failure (close hands) x 35
30 second rest
pushups to failure x 40

205 pushups done with 90 seconds of holds and 40 ab rollouts.

to be honest - that felt pretty tame.... more of a warmup than a short blast.....

go harder tomorrow

TheStig

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've always been impressed with your pushup routines....that's some serious muscular endurance. Every once in awhile I'll test and see how many push ups I can do in a minute, and depending on how good/bad of a day I'm having, it ranges from 40-60. Hell, I start hitting failure at around 30-35. Awesome dude, seriously

Purefilth

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
TheStig said:
I've always been impressed with your pushup routines....that's some serious muscular endurance. Every once in awhile I'll test and see how many push ups I can do in a minute, and depending on how good/bad of a day I'm having, it ranges from 40-60. Hell, I start hitting failure at around 30-35. Awesome dude, seriously
only one way to get good at pushups dude - thats to do them!

Purefilth

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
20 minute cycle

Bench press
12 x 80kg
6 x 100kg
8 x 90kg
8 x 90kg

pushups and ab-rollouts (same as yesterday) 30 of each

Fuglydude

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Man, I'm jealous of your bench press... Those are some crazy push up numbers as well!

Purefilth

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
:yes:
Fuglydude said:
Man, I'm jealous of your bench press... Those are some crazy push up numbers as well!
I'm quite proud of my bench, luckily I get grounded and humbled from my meagre squat.:D If I didnt have something I wasn't happy with then I wouldnt be motivated to work hard and change that up - Right?!

speaking of which - just a light one a little run all over. Only had about 3 hours sleep due to my duties as a poonslayer:eek: :D

Squats frontsquat
bar x 12
50kg x 12
50kg x 10

Backsquat
70kg x 12
70kg x 10
70kg x 6

dips to failure (i dont bother counting these anymore -I get bored, so 1speed dips till it hurts then squeeze the pain out :crackup: )

pullups to failure

pullups to failure again

baseball handle swings

some tricep work

oh press
40kg x 8
50kg x 8
60kg x 5 (gainss)
65kg x 3 (new pr - wouldve gone for 70kg but elbow :mad: :box: :mad: )

overall felt ok today - little elbow upset at the end and no knee pain on squatssss:eek: