Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Leadership:

Paradox

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Read books on Leadership. Go to leadership seminars. Study the worlds greatest leaders.

I am currently reading "The Best Leadership Advice I Ever Got" By Paul B. Thornton

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think leadership is following the correct path without any concern for who is behind you. A leader is not afraid of being alone. He charges forward, and others follow, because they will be left behind if they do not.

djSlvt

Banned
Reaction score
I'm a natural leader. My horoscope says my sign is a leader, I was bord in a year of a ****, it all points to me being a great leader. In life, I am a leader.

Astrology has a lot to do with it, more than your gens have to do with it. If you study world's greatest leaders, astrologically they are setup for it.

Falcon

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
To me, a leader is all about the Team. It's not about asserting your dominance over everyone under you or always calling the shots... It's more about how well you can get a team/group to function. Some of the best leaders are usually easy-going and not the personified loud Alpha Male that everyone here talks about. People love working under them and such because they are that.

A lot of people would call Odysseus in the Illiad a great leader. But to me he wasn't. He was a great warrior and was associated with greatness, but not a great leader. At the end of the journey, all his men die, often by poor decisions made by him. He was great, but not a great leader.

Potbelly

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think I am a great leader...when I was growing up I never really thought of myself as a leader, but I look back on my life and I see that I naturally just attract people ot me when I am being myself and not afraid to say what I think. People naturally gravitate to me and listen to me and see me as their mentor and leader. I never noticed this, but yea...I think soem people are just natural leaders. Maybe you're more of a leader than you thought you were?

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
there is a new george washington book out at the bookstore. he actually wrote it long ago and it gives all kinds of info on how to have etiquette. looks like a great little bathroom sort of book. he was a wonderful leader, so perhaps you should read it.

Reaction score
Natural leaders are not made -- they are chosen!!! Chosen by those who deemed it in their best interest to follow rather than lead!

KarmaSutra

Banned
Reaction score
Padron Reserve maduro in hand while finishing my b
djSlvt said:
I'm a natural leader. My horoscope says my sign is a leader, I was bord in a year of a ****, it all points to me being a great leader. In life, I am a leader.

Astrology has a lot to do with it, more than your gens have to do with it. If you study world's greatest leaders, astrologically they are setup for it.

I just gave my magic 8-ball two shakes after asking if DJSLVT was a complete fvcktard who doesn't have any idea what he's saying and you know what the answer was?

ABSOLUTELY

Astrology is what people in pre WWII believed in. Hitler, Reagan, Phyllis Diller. They all believed in that sh!t and look where it got them . . .

gmillar

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah I'm not even going to touch the astrology bull****... that's way too far out of my league, stupidity-wise.

I will say though, that asking people on an online forum probably isn't the best way to become a leader, if you catch my drift. Only way to do it is to go out and lead something. Lead yourself if you have to, eventually someone will follow... unless you just suck, anyway.

MrS

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A leader is someone who makes sacrifices to get things done.

Centaurion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You can't read a bunch of books and then *boom* you're a leader. It doesn't work that way. True leaders are made through hard decisions and tough times.

Bonez

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
A leader? How to become a leader?

You don't become a leader, you just lead. Do your damned job the best you can and people will pick up on you knowing your ****.

When you know your ****, and you don't get greedy and hide it away, like a nice little secret to making the day go faster, or a sweet joke that would make everything better, but instead you share that stuff, like it doesn't matter. That makes you more of a leader, because at least you're putting yourself out there.

So yeah, work hard is number 1. You can be the leader of the slackers, but eventually you realize that isn't your goal. So number 2, have a goal. Work towards your goal, but you'll eventually realize that you want to have fun sometimes. So number 3, have fun while you work. All work and no play makes for a very dull boy, and you don't want people you're leading walking away from you because you're too strict.

MrS

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When I was in my officer's training, a day's subject was the Ideal Leader. And we were given a big ol' list of things a leader should do, and traits he should have.
Interesting!

Bonez

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
MrS, thats from a followers point of view.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Here's what the Army teaches ROTC cadets:

www.fiu.edu/~armyrotc/adv_camp.htm

THE LEADERSHIP ASSESSMENT PROGRAM (LAP)

LAP is a performance based assessment used for leadership development and selection. It is based on an extensive job analysis of the leadership dimensions which are important for successful performance as a second lieutenant. The LAP provides a technology for the assessment of 16 leadership dimensions in campus or camp activity, planned or unplanned, structured or unstructured training activities. Thus, performance will be evaluated and potential can be developed in stressful and rapidly changing conditions using performance-based assessments.

a. The following sixteen (16) leadership dimensions (job critical behaviors) are used to gauge your current abilities and future potential:

1) Communications.

a) Oral Communication: The ability to express oneself effectively in individual or group situations; includes gestures and other nonverbal communication.
b) Written Communication: The skill required to express ideas clearly, in writing, using good grammatical form.
c) Oral Presentation: The ability to present ideas or tasks to an individual or group when given time for preparation; includes gestures and other nonverbal communication.

2) Personal Motivational behavior.

a) Initiative: The discipline that requires attempting to influence events to achieve goals beyond those called for; originating action; self-starting rather than passive acceptance.

3) Interpersonal behavior.

a) Sensitivity: Those actions that indicate a consideration for the feeling and needs of others.
b) Influence: The art of using appropriate interpersonal styles and methods in guiding subordinates, peers, superiors, or groups toward task accomplishment.

4) Administrative skills.

a) Planning and organizing: The ability to establish a course of action for self or others to accomplish a specific goal; planning proper assignments or personnel and appropriate allocation of resources.
b) Delegation: The ability to use subordinates effectively; the allocation of decision-making and other responsibilities to the appropriate subordinates.
c) Administrative Control: The ability to establish procedures for monitoring and regulating processes, tasks, or activities of subordinates and job activities and responsibilities; to monitor actively the results of delegated assignments or projects.

5) Decision making skills.

a) Problem Analysis: The skill required to identify a problem, secure information relevant to the problem, relate problem data from different sources, and determine possible causes of problems.
b) Judgment: The ability to develop alternative courses of action based on logical assumptions that reflect factual information.
c) Decisiveness: The readiness to make decisions renders judgments, take action or commit oneself.

6) Field skills.

a) Technical/Tactical Competence: The ability to use technical and tactical proficiency to accomplish tasks to specified standards; includes demonstrated understanding of technical information.
b) Physical Stamina: Demonstrated operational endurance under stressful situations.
c) Mission Accomplishment: Ability to complete assigned tasks according to specified standards and within time allotments.
d) Followership: Willingness to cooperate in the accomplishment of mission and exhibit high degree of teamwork and cohesion.

Bonez

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Where's the other 12?

Potbelly

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
holy **** i skipped dj slvt's post because i had my dumb b1tch filter on.

GODDAMN UR A DUMB B1TCH!!

Bonez

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Potbelly said:
holy **** i skipped dj slvt's post because i had my dumb b1tch filter on.

GODDAMN UR A DUMB B1TCH!!
Astrology is like a straight dose of confidence. Maybe thats all a leader really needs if they already have everything else.

Imagine a cowardly leader.