Just dumped my gf

Technics

Don Juan
Reaction score
We are apart at the moment due to her having to spend 2 weeks in South America for her work. I find out from her that her and her girl work friends had some drinks and then went out to a Tango dancing club (very touristy place) and that she was learning to Tango dance with other men (not instructors, but random guys).

So I broke up with her.

Did I do the right thing?

She makes you weak in the knees.

But she won't give you the time of day.

Here is how to get her.

Starwolf

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
she's probably not marriage material as she's still looking to have some fun with other men..

I would not have dumped her immediately... instead keep my eyes open and let her know I don't approve of that sh!t.

if she objects and still thinks she should be able to go out with her friends and dance with other guys! Then I move on or stop taking the relationship serious.

Technics

Don Juan
Reaction score
I thought you weren't meant to call womens bad behaviour out? But instead use ACTIONS to demonstrate when they have disrespected the relationship? ie. withdrawing attention or walking away.

Dhoulmagus

Banned
Reaction score
Starwolf said:
she's probably not marriage material as she's still looking to have some fun with other men..

I would not have dumped her immediately... instead keep my eyes open and let her know I don't approve of that sh!t.

if she objects and still thinks she should be able to go out with her friends and dance with other guys! Then I move on or stop taking the relationship serious.
a ticking time bomb at that point

Starwolf

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I can see that being appropriate in the early stages. like a first or second date or when they flake on you... u don't waste time on that.

But when in a LTR you have invested some time.. u r taking it serious so calling them out on certain behavior is needed to set your frame and make your boundaries clear.

Don't try to control her or something. Just make sure she knows what you are about and that you will move on if she does not like it.

Starwolf

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Dhoulmagus said:
a ticking time bomb at that point

Maybe so, but it could have been the OP's fault for not setting the right frame.

have you ever heard some women say to their friends after seeing some crazy sh!t "Oh, my man would never let me do that" or something similar.

it's because they know the BF doesn't tolerate Sh!t that is out of line.

Trump

Banned
Reaction score
Technics said:
I thought you weren't meant to call womens bad behaviour out? But instead use ACTIONS to demonstrate when they have disrespected the relationship? ie. withdrawing attention or walking away.
You have to call them out bro, otherwise she'll think she is dealing with an aloof guy who doesn't care about anything.

The easiest thing to do is to walk away, you have to deal with it straight on. I wouldn't have broken up with her though, you are given away free sex. Would have just kept her on the side since she has just given you the heads up she is not serious girlfriend material. :rolleyes:

El Payaso

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yup. You did the right thing. Best believe she was grinding on them and rubbing her body all over them.