Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Just a quick reminder for all you Christians out here...

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeasantPlayer

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

This guy is the foremost leading expert in the Bible old and new hebrew, Latin and Greek. And he was formerly a devout Christian

ImTheDoubleGreatest!

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There is no Satan
Yes there is lol
The church "demonizes" other groups so they don't usurp their power. The catholic church is like big pharma.
Yeah the CATHOLIC church, but Catholicism is just a corrupted form of Christianity, like many others. It just happens to be the most prominent of them.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes there is lol
I'm not saying this is accurate, so don't quote me as saying this should be taken up as doctrine.
But I've sometimes thought that Satan was a metaphor for man's evil. Satan fell because he wanted to put himself on God's throne, man sins by wanting to put himself on God's throne by bypassing God's will and doing what he wants.

ImTheDoubleGreatest!

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm not saying this is accurate, so don't quote me as saying this should be taken up as doctrine.
But I've sometimes thought that Satan was a metaphor for man's evil. Satan fell because he wanted to put himself on God's throne, man sins by wanting to put himself on God's throne by bypassing God's will and doing what he wants.
Well I know for a fact that the devil is real lol. My dad and some people on his side of the family got involved in some of that stuff and they tell me about it every once in a while. They’d have like a pen and paper and the pen would just start writing stuff to us on its own without anyone really touching it. So yeah, weird stuff...

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Although I believe satan to be a real entity, you are right that man’s putting himself on the throne is analogous with Satan’s desire to be God.

I’ve observed that most people want to go to heaven, but they sure as heck don’t want God to be there.

PeasantPlayer

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes there is lol

Yeah the CATHOLIC church, but Catholicism is just a corrupted form of Christianity, like many others. It just happens to be the most prominent of them.
there is no Satan it's a made up concept. It doesn't exist in the Hebrew Bible its a Christian invention. Christianity has caused more suffering than almost any other religion. The Spanish inquisition comes to mind

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
there is no Satan it's a made up concept.
Isn't the point of your enemy to convince you that he does not exist. Logically someone who wants to attack you or get you wants to ensure you are not aware of its existance. I know Satan is real after visiting a prostitute and believe that many prostitutes out there are demonically possessed. Prior to visiting the prostitute, I never had an encounter with a demon like that, and on such a level that I would not risk seeing one again for fear of another demon attacking me after the fact. It's like they are out to possess people and don't respect people's boundaries.

PleasantPlayer said:
It doesn't exist in the Hebrew Bible its a Christian invention. Christianity has caused more suffering than almost any other religion. The Spanish inquisition comes to mind
The Serpent who deceived Eve was the devil. The prophet Isaiah describes the fall of Lucifer. It's all over the OT and Hebrew Bible.
You also have a corrupt race of giants caused by the devil in Genesis 6. Pharoah's heart was hardened by the devil otherwise he would have let Israel go. Goliath was one of those from the race of these devil-giants, that's the one that David defeated with a stone. Therefore, you'll find there is plenty of references in the Hebrew Bible. You are talking about the Hebrew Bible, I like the OT, and think it has brilliant insights that contextualize the NT.

By the way, Christianity is not the same as Catholicism. The Spanish Inquisition would make me a heretic and burn me to the stake because I reject the counsel of Trent of the Catholic church and reject most of the teachings of the Catholic church. You think true Christians were safe in these Inquisitions? I got in an argument with a Catholic on youtube and it was so nasty that the moderators of youtube had to delete the whole thread because it degenerated into personal attacks.

The only thing Catholicism is good for is the nice leftist statements this current pope makes, and the intrigue of it all (i.e. the Tom Hanks movies including Angels and Demons and the latest one Inferno (that one is about a virus that could wipe out half the population, like Infinity Wars - but takes you through a Catholic church in Venice as a clue leading to the Greek Orthodox Haggai Sophia church, etc...), but at the core, I'd be at odds or a fight with any traditional catholic as we'll both think each other is of the devil.

AttackFormation

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The Serpent who deceived Eve was the devil.
What do you think of the gnostic account that the serpent was Jesus and "god" was the evil demiurge?

Here's the basic account of it if you have time and interest:

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What do you think of the gnostic account that the serpent was Jesus and "god" was the evil demiurge?

Here's the basic account of it if you have time and interest:

No, I take the Bible literally and don't buy into any such things with a 10 foot pole. The Father made a covenant with Jesus to redeem people back to God. This is the eternal covenant. It's the covenant before the foundation of the world, or before everything was created. He had a plan to redeem us back to God with His blood. I literally can not take any account because Bible interprets Bible like a puzzle.

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Isn't the point of your enemy to convince you that he does not exist. Logically someone who wants to attack you or get you wants to ensure you are not aware of its existance. I know Satan is real after visiting a prostitute and believe that many prostitutes out there are demonically possessed. Prior to visiting the prostitute, I never had an encounter with a demon like that, and on such a level that I would not risk seeing one again for fear of another demon attacking me after the fact. It's like they are out to possess people and don't respect people's boundaries.

The Serpent who deceived Eve was the devil. The prophet Isaiah describes the fall of Lucifer. It's all over the OT and Hebrew Bible.
You also have a corrupt race of giants caused by the devil in Genesis 6. Pharoah's heart was hardened by the devil otherwise he would have let Israel go. Goliath was one of those from the race of these devil-giants, that's the one that David defeated with a stone. Therefore, you'll find there is plenty of references in the Hebrew Bible. You are talking about the Hebrew Bible, I like the OT, and think it has brilliant insights that contextualize the NT.

By the way, Christianity is not the same as Catholicism. The Spanish Inquisition would make me a heretic and burn me to the stake because I reject the counsel of Trent of the Catholic church and reject most of the teachings of the Catholic church. You think true Christians were safe in these Inquisitions? I got in an argument with a Catholic on youtube and it was so nasty that the moderators of youtube had to delete the whole thread because it degenerated into personal attacks.

The only thing Catholicism is good for is the nice leftist statements this current pope makes, and the intrigue of it all (i.e. the Tom Hanks movies including Angels and Demons and the latest one Inferno (that one is about a virus that could wipe out half the population, like Infinity Wars - but takes you through a Catholic church in Venice as a clue leading to the Greek Orthodox Haggai Sophia church, etc...), but at the core, I'd be at odds or a fight with any traditional catholic as we'll both think each other is of the devil.
I agree on all counts. Satan’s most powerful trick is convincing people he doesn’t exist, and his second most powerful is convincing people he wears a red suit and carries a pitch fork, and is the ruler of hell.

That’s how to own the enemy (us). Create a false characterization of one’s basic nature, or convince them that you are a myth.

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score
Ephesians 5:22

Wives, submit yourselves to your own husbands as you do to the Lord.
How does a wife submit to a man who is below par?

How could a women submit to a man who has no leadership skills?

Why must a women submit to a man who's only thinking about love dovey stuff 24/7 whilst ignoring his purpose?

What is ur purpose in this life?

PeasantPlayer

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

OK lucifer is not that devil. The word lucifer was a mistranslation in the Bible from st Jerome in the Latin vulgate. Lucifer means light bringer, it's the morning star what the Romans and others called the planet venus the planet of love, beauty and arts. It was mistranslated from the Greek Septuiginat.
And it's not about the "devil" it's about a fallen king from Babylon

PeasantPlayer

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's broken down her another foremost Bible scholar, over 40 years. He's knows 5 different languages and goes to archeological digs and read texts you only see in museums

PeasantPlayer

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What the fundamentalist did was conflate random passage in the Bible to make up this devil character. The serpent was never called the devil nor Satan

PeasantPlayer

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'll trust bible scholars who study the Bible, history and rare texts for over 30 years learned multiple languages to read the bibles and texts, go on digs in Israel and Middle East. Learned the eytomolgy of words and their true meaning then have some pastor boy pimp pick random passages to enforce fairy tales of fear from a book that has been mistranslated, edited for thousands of years

Status
Not open for further replies.