Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Just a quick reminder for all you Christians out here...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ImTheDoubleGreatest!

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I’m not Christian, but I thought to remind those of you who are:

Proverbs 21:9 - Better to live on a corner of the roof than share a house with a quarrelsome wife.

Proverbs 21:19 - Better to live in a desert than with a quarrelsome and nagging wife.

If things happen to take a turn for the worse, follow the way of the prophets and messengers. Many of them had multiple wives and concubines at the same time. And as we all know, Jesus is reported to have said in the Bible, “Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.” (Matthew 5:17).

And for all you secular folks who don’t believe in God, I’ll quote Greek poet Hesiod:

Do not let a woman who decorates her buttocks deceive you,
By wily coaxing, for she is after your granary;

This was ~700 BC. They had women with fat asses getting tramp stamps back then too.

ImTheDoubleGreatest!

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You might add Jews to the list, since the first two quotes are old testament. And at least as an academic matter, muslims view both the old and new testaments as holy books. They see the Koran as book #3.
Yeah but that both have become corrupted over time.

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I’m not Christian, but I thought to remind those of you who are:

Proverbs 21:9 - Better to live on a corner of the roof than share a house with a quarrelsome wife.

Proverbs 21:19 - Better to live in a desert than with a quarrelsome and nagging wife.

If things happen to take a turn for the worse, follow the way of the prophets and messengers. Many of them had multiple wives and concubines at the same time. And as we all know, Jesus is reported to have said in the Bible, “Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.” (Matthew 5:17).
That is the wrong interpretation of fulfilled though. Jesus had a way more stricter standard/interpretation of the law then what was even in the OT (Old Testament, or what you would provide a context to what you call "Law and the Prophets").

The OT allowed divorce. Jesus forbids divorce and remarriage and calls it adultery.
The OT says not to commit adultery. Jesus says if you look at woman lustfully you have committed adultery in your heart.
The list goes on and on.

Just because something is okay in the OT (I.e multiple wives and concubines) doesn't mean it carries into the NT or is endorsed by Jesus.
Anything that sounds like it's "Okay" in the OT may be "okay" because its a compromise from God's standards in order to keep things functional with the ancient Israel society rather than being the original intended purpose in the first place. An example of this is the OT allowing divorces. God did not create divorce in the Garden of Eden with Adam and Eve, and Jesus endorses that first intent.

Based on the standards set by Jesus and the Apostles, I can tell you that multiple wives and concubines are not endorsed anywhere and might even be seen as a type of adultery or fornication. Unless someone is already in that set-up once they come to faith then that's one thing they have to sort out, however after someone has come to faith, they wouldn't be interested in woman out of lust like that in the first place.

A better understanding of fulfil is applying love to the equation. The command not to commit adultery is fulfilled by loving your wife. If you love you wife then you will not want to commit adultery against her. In the flesh, you can't really love you wife, because the flesh only understands lust, not love. If the grace of God touches someone's heart and they love their wife then they are not only not committing adultery against her, which is honoring that command, but are fulfilling the law by also loving her. It's possible to not commit adultery and hate your wife and cuss and fight every single day, but that would be failing to fulfill the law despite you are not breaking it by committing adultery.

In terms of wisdom, the proverbs never encourage adultery of any form but instead it encourages solitude compared to that situation. It didn't say "it's better to have multiple-wives and concubines, or visit prostitutes than deal with a quarrelsome and nagging wife", did it? It said, it's better to live alone and in more modest circumstances than to live in a mansion with a bad wife. That would be a more fitting interpretation.

Last edited:

oldmanofthesea

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That is the wrong interpretation
LOL nailed it. Thank you for proving my point.....

Religion can be twisted to mean and justify anything. It's pointless.
Ask 10,000 people about what something religious means, and they'll give you 10,000 different answers, and all of them will say they are right. Enjoy that.

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
LOL nailed it. Thank you for proving my point.....
That's ridiculous. Virtually all mainline Christian denominations today will agree with what I said as it's as basic as the alphabet. When you start arguing whether 2 + 2 = 4 or something else because there are 10,000 other possibilities then it's beyond absurd.

oldmanofthesea

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That's ridiculous. Virtually all mainline Christian denominations today will agree with what I said as it's as basic as the alphabet. When you start arguing whether 2 + 2 = 4 or something else because there are 10,000 other possibilities then it's beyond absurd.
Oh yeah? Well my 20 mainline Christian friends all just said you are wrong. See how easy that is? One of them even said you are a witch, and you know what we do with witches........

Alvafe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Oh yeah? Well my 20 mainline Christian friends all just said you are wrong. See how easy that is? One of them even said you are a witch, and you know what we do with witches........
easy lay?

serious ignore the medium just held the msg, don't trust woman and make you, your priority, doing so there will be nothing wrong

ImTheDoubleGreatest!

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That is the wrong interpretation of fulfilled though. Jesus had a way more stricter standard/interpretation of the law then what was even in the OT (Old Testament, or what you would provide a context to what you call "Law and the Prophets").

The OT allowed divorce. Jesus forbids divorce and remarriage and calls it adultery.
The OT says not to commit adultery. Jesus says if you look at woman lustfully you have committed adultery in your heart.
The list goes on and on.

Just because something is okay in the OT (I.e multiple wives and concubines) doesn't mean it carries into the NT or is endorsed by Jesus.
Anything that sounds like it's "Okay" in the OT may be "okay" because its a compromise from God's standards in order to keep things functional with the ancient Israel society rather than being the original intended purpose in the first place. An example of this is the OT allowing divorces. God did not create divorce in the Garden of Eden with Adam and Eve, and Jesus endorses that first intent.

Based on the standards set by Jesus and the Apostles, I can tell you that multiple wives and concubines are not endorsed anywhere and might even be seen as a type of adultery or fornication. Unless someone is already in that set-up once they come to faith then that's one thing they have to sort out, however after someone has come to faith, they wouldn't be interested in woman out of lust like that in the first place.

A better understanding of fulfil is applying love to the equation. The command not to commit adultery is fulfilled by loving your wife. If you love you wife then you will not want to commit adultery against her. In the flesh, you can't really love you wife, because the flesh only understands lust, not love. If the grace of God touches someone's heart and they love their wife then they are not only not committing adultery against her, which is honoring that command, but are fulfilling the law by also loving her. It's possible to not commit adultery and hate your wife and cuss and fight every single day, but that would be failing to fulfill the law despite you are not breaking it by committing adultery.

In terms of wisdom, the proverbs never encourage adultery of any form but instead it encourages solitude compared to that situation. It didn't say "it's better to have multiple-wives and concubines, or visit prostitutes than deal with a quarrelsome and nagging wife", did it? It said, it's better to live alone and in more modest circumstances than to live in a mansion with a bad wife. That would be a more fitting interpretation.
I’m aware. I’m trying to remind these guys to have self-respect, as ‘walking away’ is basically in the Bible per the 2 quotes above. The latter was just a justification for a dude who’s not getting any from his wife lol

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I’m aware. I’m trying to remind these guys to have self-respect, as ‘walking away’ is basically in the Bible per the 2 quotes above. The latter was just a justification for a dude who’s not getting any from his wife lol
Yes walking away is proverbs 21:9 and 21:19.

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wrong with what? Bigamy is a crime too. You got 20 people to say that having multiple wives is scriptural? Whatever you say. 10,000 different interpretations on this one issue. You and your 20 mainline "christians" need to repent and get right with God and get saved.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wrong with what? Bigamy is a crime too. You got 20 people to say that having multiple wives is scriptural? Whatever you say. 10,000 different interpretations on this one issue. You and your 20 mainline "christians" need to repent and get right with God and get saved.
If you want multiple just don't get married.

Status
Not open for further replies.