Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Just a quick reminder for all you Christians out here...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How do you know what I think or will or will not claim about Lucifer and the planet Venus? I never engaged you in that.

The word, "ra" in Hebrew is given a very wide latitude in definition. It can mean "adversity", "challenge", "evil", "unhappiness", and a host of other things. You are choosing the English word, "evil", as did the King James translators. Incidentally, in their letter to the reader, they wrote that language is going to change and that it is very important that words be updated as the language evolves. They also stated that their translation was not divinely inspired.

Guys, I'm going to have to shut the lights on this thread soon. We're not supposed to allow any religious threads here, but we usually let them go for a little while as they tend to start off civilly and go well for a few days until someone comes swooping in with an agenda.

It's getting to be that time. If anyone has anything else to post, speak now or forever hold your peace.

PeasantPlayer

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It might help if you applied some reason, to give your argument form.

You appear to be arguing that the devil doesn't exist, because the concept only exists within Christianity. I'll ignore, for the moment, that that's easily provably untrue, and focus instead on the structure of your argument.

Does the "fact" that a concept appears in only one source disprove the concept? You wanna rethink that? Likewise, Israel, a monotheistic kingdom, was destroyed by a polytheistic empire. Was your argument that polytheism was somehow superior to monotheism, because polytheists are "noble savages," while monotheists are bloodthirsty conquistadors? How simplistic, for such a well-educated, deep thinker.

I assume, by "the Hebrew Bible,'' you're referring to the books of the Christian Bible written in Hebrew? Or, are you referring just to the Torah/Pentateuch(Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, and Deuteronomy)? There are 39(KJV)-46(Vulgate) Hebrew books in the OT of the Christian Bible, in which there are ample references to the devil archetype, from Genesis onward.

By the way, I studied religion in college, as well as independently, so I suppose I'm technically a "religious scholar," and I'm at least as quotable as any of the sources you referenced...if not more-so...definitely more-so.
You studies religion in college good for you, but have you had access to ancient texts and digs at archeological sites, etymology and other texts that didn't make the canonized Bible? Nothing you say has merit its mostly conspiracy minded crap. The word lucifer was used in Isaiah to mock the king of Babylon. The original word was heyly, which means to shine bright. When translated to Latin Jerome put lucifer which was the brightest planet in the sky before the sun set.

I could care what freemasons "worship" I know many freemasons and they barely have time to meet up every week let alone work, take care of their families and try and start fundraisers.

I clearly stated lucifer is not Satan. At most its a title. The Hebrew Bible has no concept of Satan as an evil anthromorphic entity. It was just the inclination of man doing evil. Jerome was translating the Bible from Greek to Latin, so I guess you were not a Bible Scholar huh? You said from Hebrew to Latin. Jerome found the best word he thought which would fit the bright part. Pertaining to culture it was venus (lucifer). That has nothing at all to do with the devil. Even Christian scholars know this because they have all the pieces to back it up. It was confirmed in 2013 on a dig. Roy B Blizzard is not an atheist and he goes on digs and has studied texts you never seen or heard of.

In revelations Jesus called himself the bright and morning star 22:16. That's the definition of venus (lucifer)

PeasantPlayer

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
While I entertain all versions, the Textus Receptus, which is the basis for the King James version Bible, is the most authoritative one. It is not one the corrupted Orgin manuscripts from Alexandria which as you've claimed produced corrupted versions of the Bible that was used in the pseudo-Christian Roman Catholic church. You have no context or background with the devil infiltrating Christianity with a false religion that combined the Pagan customs and created a State religion and how it relates to one of the Seven Churches that Jesus referred to as Thyatira, (Rev 2:18-29). This is the only church Jesus referred to as having Jezebel and people corrupted by her to commit fornication with her. Interestingly enough, another passage talks about the Mystery Babylon the Great ***** (Revelation 17), which is likely talking about the same religious institution as Thyatira with Jezebel (a term for a whorish woman). This ***** is drunk with the blood of the saints of God from the Spanish Inquisitions, and the many atrocities that you keep bringing up...BECAUSE IT'S MYSTERY BABYLON.

The reason I'm hitting you hard on this is that you are totally ignorant of the monstrosity of Roman Catholicism and what the Bible even talks about it in two passages in the book of Revelation. There are protestant sects, like Seventh Day Adventists, that believe the pope is the antichrist. Let this sink in. You like to paint Christianity with one brush and claim its Roman Catholicism and all Bible translations are false, however, this is your narrative.

For the record, the Protestant churches that broke away from the Roman Catholic church does not use Roman Catholic Bibles, so if you think all their Bibles are corrupt, then you can't say all Protestant groupings also use corrupt Bibles as you seem focused on just that church AND it's Bibles. Maybe you should do some more research with an open mind. I also know about Wesney and Hort and other later fake translations where they undermine Jesus as being the Son of God. This is stuff I learned in High School, two decades ago, and this is the first time in a while I'm rehashing information from that long ago.
The king James version has is definitely corrupted and has over 10,000 mistranslations

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The king James version has is definitely corrupted and has over 10,000 mistranslations
I've googled search and my understanding is it's not a perfect translation, but the mis-translations are minor and does not alter the meaning of the original text. At least three different websites were looked at including wikipedia. The KJV translation does not have an agenda like Origin and the Alexandrian manuscripts, or the later Wesney and Hort and is the most sincere human effort to render an English translation to the Bible.

You have to also remember, Protestant traditions from the Reformation is all to allowing the masses to have a copy of the Bible for themselves and read it. This is a break from the Catholic church, at the time, which would hide the Bibles out and rely heavily on church tradition and vatican counsels to dictate cannon law and who dies because they are a heretic. To make an analogy it sounds like you would be critical of a democratic revolution from a previously oppressive state. Anything that's a break away from the Catholic church at that time is a movement towards the truth. King James Bible version is an open rebellion against the Catholic translations from their own corrupted manuscripts and a movement to get a translation of the Bible, that's not influenced by the Catholic church, into the hands of the masses. What benefit would King James, or anyone making a translation that is not subject to the Roman Catholic church, possibly have to have an agenda to mis-translate the Bible? The Roman Catholic church has everything to lose by allowing the masses to have a copy of the Bible so its legitimacy can be openly challenged because allot of things they do is unscriptural.

You have not responded to my other posts where I've proven the devil is mentioned in the OT by use of various OT scriptures, which you have ignored, so I'm not going to chime in beyond this issue here.

ImTheDoubleGreatest!

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's getting to be that time. If anyone has anything else to post, speak now or forever hold your peace.
Okay.

Jesus is real, God is real, Satan is real, Freemasons are devil-worshippers but many don’t know it, atheists (especially atheists of today) are all retards unless they’ve studied atheists from before the post-modern era, in which case they’d be smart enough to know that God is real anyway.

ImTheDoubleGreatest!

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
have you had access to ancient texts and digs at archeological sites, etymology and other texts that didn't make the canonized Bible?
Have you? There are far more biblical scholars that have access to those that are actually Christian than are atheist, so your point is moot. Using ‘credentials’ like this as an excuse to dismiss what someone says is intellectually lazy quite frankly shows your inability to conduct counterarguments towards their arguments.

Look at that, another atheist failing at polemics. Worshipping atheist scholars simply because he wants to believe there’s no God rather than there is because he simply doesn’t want to be told what to do because it would invalidate his life. May God guide you.
Nothing you say has merit its mostly conspiracy minded crap.
^^^^^This is a post made with complete lack of self-awareness to realize how ironic this is. You do realize that that’s everything you’ve been saying, right? Ancient Egyptians were atheist? Hindus don’t believe in any deity? And Jesus never existed?

9A5BCBCB-C468-4F1A-BD6D-C1C5B27C3746.jpeg

PeasantPlayer

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've googled search and my understanding is it's not a perfect translation, but the mis-translations are minor and does not alter the meaning of the original text. At least three different websites were looked at including wikipedia. The KJV translation does not have an agenda like Origin and the Alexandrian manuscripts, or the later Wesney and Hort and is the most sincere human effort to render an English translation to the Bible.

You have to also remember, Protestant traditions from the Reformation is all to allowing the masses to have a copy of the Bible for themselves and read it. This is a break from the Catholic church, at the time, which would hide the Bibles out and rely heavily on church tradition and vatican counsels to dictate cannon law and who dies because they are a heretic. To make an analogy it sounds like you would be critical of a democratic revolution from a previously oppressive state. Anything that's a break away from the Catholic church at that time is a movement towards the truth. King James Bible version is an open rebellion against the Catholic translations from their own corrupted manuscripts and a movement to get a translation of the Bible, that's not influenced by the Catholic church, into the hands of the masses. What benefit would King James, or anyone making a translation that is not subject to the Roman Catholic church, possibly have to have an agenda to mis-translate the Bible? The Roman Catholic church has everything to lose by allowing the masses to have a copy of the Bible so its legitimacy can be openly challenged because allot of things they do is unscriptural.

You have not responded to my other posts where I've proven the devil is mentioned in the OT by use of various OT scriptures, which you have ignored, so I'm not going to chime in beyond this issue here.
It doesn't use the complete texts, the Textus Receptus used barely half a dozen texts. It was missing so much Erasmus had to use the Latin version to finish the rest of it. He even admitted it was poorly translated and one Bible scholar said it might be the most poorly translated version

PeasantPlayer

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Have you? There are far more biblical scholars that have access to those that are actually Christian than are atheist, so your point is moot. Using ‘credentials’ like this as an excuse to dismiss what someone says is intellectually lazy quite frankly shows your inability to conduct counterarguments towards their arguments.

Look at that, another atheist failing at polemics. Worshipping atheist scholars simply because he wants to believe there’s no God rather than there is because he simply doesn’t want to be told what to do because it would invalidate his life. May God guide you.

^^^^^This is a post made with complete lack of self-awareness to realize how ironic this is. You do realize that that’s everything you’ve been saying, right? Ancient Egyptians were atheist? Hindus don’t believe in any deity? And Jesus never existed?

View attachment 4314
I'm ignoring you because you are arguing from emotion rather than logic and rational. And you seriously might have a mental disorder.
Lumping me in with "atheists" is intellectually lazy, I seen your picture you look like a meathead.

With that said I provided sources, those are the videos I posted from about 8 different Bible scholars. The ones I posted were actually former Christians such as Elaine pagels, and Bart Erham and a few more. They became atheist after studying the texts in depth and cross referencing with other scholars from different countries.

With that said most of the replies are just generalizations. I simply said the word Lucifer which appears just once in the Bible is a Latin word and does not appear in Greek or Hebrew texts. The verse and pretty much the whole chapter is about the fall of a documented babylonian king, which you can find in a history book in a library.

The poster ShePays admitted it was a blunder by St Jerome. It's well documented its a blunder.
With that said I provided a source by Bible scholar Roy B Blizzard, it's a few pages back. The man is 70 years old and still participates in digs in Israel, they actually found additional texts corrbationing that lucifer word was meant to mock the babylonian King who got killed and lost his empire. It's documented outside of the Bible as well.

With that said many of the Jewish faith don't believe Hasatan is a anthromorphic entity its just an evil inclination that every man has a choice to act upon. It was till later mixing with Greek myths and Christianity it was turned and conflated with the serpent and was seen as God's mortal enemy.

As far as freemasonry goes there is no dogma or set of religious beliefs or central text for freemasons. For example the lodge in Texas will not know what's going on with a lodge in Dallas or Arizona etc.
To join Freemasonry you need a clean record and a belief in a higher power. There are many Christian, catholic, Muslim, Jewish freemasons who have rank. I'm sure if they worshipped the devil it would come out.

As far as splitting hairs on lucifer, freemasonry is a fraternity that studies philosophy, astronomy, geometry, science and now tech. Many of them have libraries with hundreds of books. Dependent on their research they might come up with different or similar conclusions.

Most freemason meetings last 2 hours and most of that time is for organizing charities and food drives.

Pike was not the head of all freemasonry in America he was just head of the library of the southern jurisdiction. Most freemasons don't read morals and dogma, many stopped because they thought it was boring.

With that said moral and dogma is a book exclusive to pike and his opinions on his studies on religion and the occult. The lucifer quote used if you read in context is him quoting Eliphas Levi the French Magician. He was philosophizing about it because to him he knew the passage didn't make sense pertaining to the word.

On top of that if you have read the books preface it says the book is his personal opinions on religion, philosophy, astrology, astronomy. Pike was far from perfect but he did alot for native Americans and also wrote poetry.

One final thing is freemasonry doesn't have dogmas and beliefs like a church would. There are some masons for example who don't belief Jesus is the son of God and some who do based upon their cultural upbringing and research. They study books astronomy and come up with their conclusions debate and go out for a beer and do charities.

There is also cladstine branches of freemasons which a member breaks off a creates a fake unrecognized branch with their own philosophy.

I provided a link for the taxil hoax 3 times in this thread. That is how the whole devil freemason thing started. If you're not going to read and just try and egg me on perhaps there is another issue? If you're feeling froggy then leap.

And finally to wrap up the OT God killed more in the Bible than Satan. He killed millions upon millions of people and interfered with freewill. Satan is only recorded to have killed 10? And in most contexts it was a king killing someone called hasatan.

Upon further research gnostic Christians, who were killed off by other sects viewed God of the bible as evil a demiurge fake creator God. There is information about that online and available through texts you don't have access to.

Hypothetically speaking let's take the cartel for example or the mafia, Mexican cartel members are highly religious generally speaking but they massacre families and women and children. They are all dressed up in rosaries. Let's not forget about all the evil Popes, the violent and deadly Spanish inquisition etc in the name of God. Are those people going to heaven or hell? Which is a Greek mythology, or is the charity, fundraising, community work freemason who supposedly worships lucifer going to hell? Lol the Mason in this example is following more of christ teachings lol

PeasantPlayer

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As far as Adam Weisenhupt, he broke away from the freemasons and started the illuminati which was a bunch of scholars. It was only 5 members and 3 were not even freemasons. There letters are published online. The real ones not the fake ones from the 1960s lsd hippie culture.

If you read the letters he wanted to give women more power in goverment and church. He felt they were wrongly treated and suppressed. He also wanted to expose corruption in government and church.

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
OK, guys, I’ve got to turn out the lights on this one. Everyone has had their say. I’m supposed to be shutting these down at post #1.

Status
Not open for further replies.