Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Jake Steed & SexPDX Pound Pavement in Portland! (Long)

ESPN

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Instructive reading.
One question, completly off topic but anyway, trickynick what's your job?

Jake Steed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey guys. Sorry it took me so long to jump in here, but I've been busy with my buddy's wedding and such. Also, I've been sarging with SexPDX every night, and haven't got much sleep.

Anyways, I highly recommend hooking up with a fellow PUA. I've learned a TON of new concepts over the last few days.

I agree with PDX in that his style complemented mine. He is VERY aware of his surroundings, and able to use funny observations to come up with quick openers on the fly. He also has this strange laid back appeal and I also agree with him that one of his strengths is in 1 on 1 conversation. I on the other hand usually say the same shyt from girl to girl and rely more on their initial attraction to me to score.

Here are some random observations of mine from this weekend:

The Sketchbook

I actually am an artist and have done figure drawing for years. The main reason I bring my sketchbook around is to draw. I brought it out the day I met PDX

(a) to draw people in the bar in case he was late and

(b) to write down girl's numbers in because I lost my cell phone on the flight over.

And yes, I also to a lesser degree kept it around as a prop. For the record, I have never had a PU happen based solely on me drawing people. Most of the women that approach me when I'm drawing are older and unattractive. Young bytches have no appreciation for art or give a shyt about it. Most young girls only see art as a way to validate themselves by having a guy draw them. I've only drawn two girls on an intimate level and those I'd already fvcked.

Things I learned:

1. If you and your wing sarge a solo target (the yankee cap girl), As soon as rapport is gained and the wing has become a form of social proof, the one who's feeling less of a vibe should eject.

For instance, when Nick approached the Yankee girl, after a few moments, I should have ejected with something like, "PDX, I'll be right back. I'm going to grab a coffee across the street." Then I could leave him alone with the target so he could # close. I felt he could have with that girl had I not been around.

2. Be aware of your surroundings. Several times there were very interesting things going on in our environments that were great for openers (city bicycle race, tons of cops buzzing around, ghetto P.O.S. Geo Metro blasting cheezy hip hop in a rich neighborhood) but I failed to recognize them as openers. Fortunately PDX was there to notice them for me.

3. Always close. I mentally talked myself out of several close attempts for various reasons (she seemed to have low IL) but I realize that coming up with a smooth confident close is as important as a smooth opener, and something I need practice at.

4.The engagement present approach

This worked so well for me I almost don't want to post it. The day before I sarged with PDX, I went to the neighborhood (a posh area where hot ass girls shop) and scoped things out. My favorite place was Urban Outfitters.

What I did was wander around the girl's section of the store and approach targets with, "Excuse me. I was wondering if I could get a FEMALE opinion on something. My buddy's getting married soon and I got him a personal gift. Now I'm thinking of getting his fiance something small and personal, but something she'll love. What would YOU suggest?"

Most are happy to get a chance to share their opinions on gifts and style with you. Eventually they ask, "What kind of a girl is she? What does she look like?" I reply, "Well, she definately has a style similar to yours. She actually looks similar to you, except she's a little bit taller." Did anybody catch my neg hit?

From there you can talk to her about fashion, her taste in style, where she's from, what she does for fun, etc.

I approached several girls in a couple stores with this. I was never rejected or rudely turned away. I number closed on a three college girl roommate group.

The Go-Go girl

We went to this ghetto-ish dance bar and I jumped onto the floor immediatly because they were playing great music. I approached HB9 and got turned down immediately (she gave me the "talk to the hand"). But HB9's friend, HB8 had her back turned to me and stepped on my toe. I said, "Hey! Watch where you're dancing!" in a joking tone. She turned to me and apologized, "Oh! I'm so sorry!" and put her hands on me and it was on. (later she turned out to be a semi-professional dancer, so it was more of a neg hit than I thought)

I set myself apart from the ass grabbing thugs in the place. I pulled her to me gently until our pelvises were touching and grinded on her very gently, running my hands up and down her sides and lower back.

She tried to see if she could make me lose control by turning and grinding her ass on my c0ck, but I remained in complete control and continued to gently tease her by running my hands up and down her sides, thighs, and around her stomach. I only grabbed her firmly on the arm a couple times to turn her towards me or away from me. I also hovered my mouth near her neck and breathed on her.

Finally, she said she was going to see her friends and that she'd had a great time dancing with me. She told me I was different from the other guys in the place and that she loved my moves.

I said, "I'm taking you out into the city sometime soon. Give me your number." The look on her face was priceless. She was shocked, but impressed.

She said, "Why don't you give me yours?" I ignored that comment and pulled out my cell (I had bought a replacement for my lost one). She punched in her number. Then she said, "I'm Go-Go dancing at Cobalt Lounge tomorrow night. I do it every sunday. You should come down and see me dance!"

I said, "I would love to, but I already have plans to hang out with my family that night.(which was true) But I'll take you out Monday night."

She said, "Ok! I understand about the family thing. Family is very important. I understand that."

I danced with her briefly once more over the night, but she failed to say goodbye to me before leaving. I get the feeling HB9 c0ckblocked me and told her about my C&B earlier in the night. No big deal. Bytches come and go.

Jake

[This message has been edited by Jake Steed (edited 09-02-2002).]

SexPDX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Jake, glad to see you in here.

Jake got the the thrill and delight of seeing my wing and field mentor LJ in action last night who closed two girls in the two bars we went to. That guy is a pro, I could write a huge post all about him and I think Jake would agree that it would not even come close to what you would get out of seeing him in action.

About the Yankee cap girl, discussion of that situation could go to "what if this, what if that" until infinity but maybe Jake is right. More experience on the streets will give me some insight into that hopefully. My reports will probably be posted more often on mASF than here in case anyone wants to follow them.

Jake, it was quite an experience sarging. Anytime we are in the same vicinity we should do more of it.

StellarPKT, the sheep yogurt opener was borrowed from toecutter.

ESPN, I am a software engineer in the semiconductor industry. Even though I say at lot online that would make me identifiable (and tend not to care), company names are off-limits.

------------------
- The performer known as Nick

Jake Steed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Jake got the the thrill and delight of seeing my wing and field mentor LJ in action last night who closed two girls in the two bars we went to.

Yes. This guy was absolutely brilliant. His style was very charismatic and spontaneous. I would like to post something in the future on him and his style, even though you, PDX, would probably have more insight into his skills.

I learned a lot from LJ. In fact, emulating his style, I scored a number of a hottie at the mall today and have a date set up with her tonight (if she doesn't flake).

On an update on the Go-Go girl, I got a hold of her at home. She was cooking and cheerfully asked me to call back in 15 minutes. I called back, and no answer. It's possible she has interest and is just playing games, but tonight is my last night here in the area, and if something's going to happen, it has to be tonight.

Stu, I never really took any official classes. I mostly just go clubbing a lot and copy shyt from people I like at the clubs. I also watch a lot of MTV videos, especially hip hop, and just copy that stuff. I'm not that good at all, but I realized if you dance like you don't give a fvck and express yourself through the rhythm, it will give the APPEARANCE that you can dance.

I enjoy salsa and swing, which I learned mostly at special club nights where they give a short hour lesson before the club opens. Most are geared towards beginners and very helpful. Also, it helps to date a girl who dances ballroom. I've learned a lot from a girl I'm dating.

Jake

StuartScott

Banned
Reaction score
Thanks a lot Jake, good advice, and please do tell about LJ, what, does he do that Speed Seduction stuff that Ross Jefferies teaches, what makes him so special?

lordclem*

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
wow!
great read guys.jack and nick seems like you guys had a great time.i like the idea of us trying to doing this wingman meeting on an international level.
as the experince seems to be most enlighting and fun.i think we should do more and post what happened

P.S
I too would like to hear more about LJ's style looking forward to you telling us about guys.

SexPDX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
LJ is a natural PUA and is one of my best friends, there is a lot to be learned by spending time with him. He has had sex with (by his estimation) over 200 women in his life and he is 29 years old. That claim is very much believable to those who have seen him in action.

Attempting to discuss his method as a whole is a whole thread in itself and will take me some time to get that together. Learning from a natural and articulating in writing what you have learned from them in a way that others can internalize is not a simple undertaking but I will try since there is great potential benefits for me in just doing it and of course all of you as well.

I will say now however that the main thing I have learned from him and other naturals about why they are "naturals" is that they have a magnetic personality that women WANT to be around and as result they learned to socialize with women early on in life. I only have a few of these natural friends that are really the real deal and I have spent my whole PU career looking for them, however LJ is the only one who I consider a close friend. If you can make friends with a natural, you have to.

------------------

SexPDX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As an update to Jake and others interested, my plan for the girl I #closed in Pioneer Square is coming into focus. I think I am going to take her out for ice cream and then to this movie theater that plays these artsy fartsy against the grain kind of stuff. Since this girl struck both Jake and myself as a wannabe rebel type chick I may even smoke some bomb with her.

Part of my situation now is that I don't have a vehicle, but that's no sweat if you get her wanting it bad enough. My goal is to end the first meeting with a mutual understanding of sexual intent. If I accomplish that I will later get her over to my mom and stepdad's house (phat house!) which I will have all to myself while they are in Barcellona.

Jake and I had one last beer together last night and I executed a semi-weak #close on a group of girls Jake approached initially. BTW, Jake, did you ever hook up with that girl from the mall last night?

------------------

anakin

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by SexPDX:
As an update to Jake and others interested, my plan for the girl I #closed in Pioneer Square is coming into focus. I think I am going to take her out for ice cream and then to this movie theater that plays these artsy
fartsy against the grain kind of stuff. Since this girl struck both Jake and myself as a wannabe rebel type chick I may even smoke some bomb with her.
Good stuff. And make the most of the remaining time...sounds great.

ANAKIN

[This message has been edited by anakin (edited 09-03-2002).]

T Dog

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nick, great writing. I really enjoyed it.

I think writing and analyzing your evening out really improves your pu skills as well.

Jake, I'd be interested in some of your scamming techinques you use with the camera. I own a little digital camera that I always take out with me.

T Dog

Jake Steed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Jake, did you ever hook up with that girl from the mall last night?

In short, no. She flaked, like I thought she would. But the story is an entertaining one.

I called her before going to meet PDX (about 4 hours after # closing her) and set up a date to play pool in the city that night. (my plan was to fvck her in the backseat of my mom's car afterwards) She enthusiastically agreed to the date, but later in the convo threw in that she would bring some of her girlfriends.

I said, "No. I'm only taking YOU out. This will just be the two of us." To my surprise, her IL went through the roof and she became twice as enthusiastic to see me. It was on.

I was sitting at the table with PDX and chatting up those three girls in the bar and the time rolled around where the mall girl's BBQ party should be over, and I'm supposed to pick her up at her place (she gave me her address). So I excuse myself and go outside and give her a call.

Some braindead fvck-face answers the phone and the convo goes something like this. Everything I said was in an amused, sarcastic tone and a smile on my face. It was very amusing:

AFC: Hello.
Jake: Hey, what's up. Is HB there?
AFC: No. (silence)
Jake: Really. Where is she?
AFC: Uhh, no. She's not here.
Jake: When will she be back?
AFC: Uhh, no. (silence, finally) Who is this?
Jake: This is her close friend Jake Steed. Who is this?
AFC: This is her boyfriend.
Jake: (pushing his buttons) Oh, well, she gave me her number today. Did you know that?
AFC: Uhh, no.
Jake: Yeah, I'm going to be picking her up and taking her out tonight, so could you tell her to get ready and give me a call? Thanks!

AFC: *click*

5 minutes later, HB calls me and asks me who just answered her phone. I tell her it was someone claiming to be her boyfriend (PDX came outside at this time from sarging the three in the bar, and hears this conversation.) She hurriedly apologizes and explains he is her EX boyfriend and he gets really jealous, etc.

Then she says, "I'm really sorry about that. I didn't want you to get the wrong impression."

I say, "And what exactly is 'the wrong impression'?"

"That I'm with somebody or that I have a boyfriend. I do not."

"Good. That's exactly what I wanted to hear."

Then I continue to try to set up a meeting at that moment. She starts throwing up an ASD by saying she doesn't know the area too well, etc. But I plow through all this with smooth, suggestive convo. I get the impression she wants to meet up, but the ASD is too strong.

Finally, she says her cell battery is almost dead and she has to go but will call me back in 10 minutes when she gets home. Whatever. No call back of course. PDX's theory was that she was at that time rubbing our "date" in her bf's face and using me to make him jealous. This theory is entirely possible.

I feel that she did want to meet. I later discovered she called my home phone looking for me as well, around the time I was talking to the bf. She seemed enthusiastic and I got the "let's fvck" vibe from her, but I think the ASD was too strong for me to break.

Remember I was attempting to fvck this girl on the same night as meeting her. This was a very shortened time frame. She knew I was in town visiting temporarily, but I didn't tell her I was leaving the next day. There's a strong possibility she wants to fvck, but put up the ASD for a couple days to avoid fvcking me on the SAME DAY I picked her up on. Oh well.

Jake

SexPDX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Jake Steed:

Finally, she says her cell battery is almost dead and she has to go but will call me back in 10 minutes when she gets home. Whatever. No call back of course. PDX's theory was that she was at that time rubbing our "date" in her bf's face and using me to make him jealous. This theory is entirely possible.
I still think that was going on. It is pretty obvious the battery excuse was BS, but I think that she was testing to see if she accomplished her agenda in getting AFC's goat to see if she had to actually go through with fvcking you in order to do it. We were chilling on my dad's porch last night for about 20 minutes after you called her on the way back from Shannahan's and no call. I don't think this was a matter of ASD, I think if she called back it would have been because she wanted to fvck. I don't think this was an unwinnable situation, it was just a matter of pushing the envelope when you oringinally closed.

Beyond this situation however, we have raised an issue that I think both of us having trouble with and it is compressing the time frame. You attempted this here only because you didn't have another option if you were to fvck her. First you need a clear understanding of what makes girls want to fvck YOU and do all those things within your desired time frame.

We'll talk more about this later, e-mail me.

------------------

[This message has been edited by SexPDX (edited 09-03-2002).]

Amlothi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Keep this up I find this discussion very interesting and enlightening. Finally, starting to see how Jake and PDX "tick"

------------------
"There are no such things as mixed signals when it comes to women, there is reality and what the guy wants to be reality." - Don Phenom

Who wants to be a DJ when you can be so much more?

MR_PERFECT

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been visiting this board on and off for a couple of years. This is one of the best threads I've ever read.

I think it's a good idea to meet each other and try different techniques.

SexPDX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by MR_PERFECT:
This is one of the best threads I've ever read.
I sincerely appreciate the compliment and would like to point out there is a reason for what you observe. We need more blow-by-blow field reports of pick up attempts and seductions whether they involve other DJ's or not.

------------------

Don_juan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey SexPDX, my mom and sister live in Portland. I'm there all the time. What bars did you hit? My sister owns a clothing store in downtown Portland on 3rd ave, it's pretty cool. I'll have to get with you before I go there sometime. I've been to a few okay bars there... like some place by my sisters store called bar 51 or something like that, and there is a bar across the street that was cool. What are the cool bars there? I've been to a few others but I can't remember there names....

SexPDX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Don_juan:
Hey SexPDX, my mom and sister live in Portland. I'm there all the time. What bars did you hit? My sister owns a clothing store in downtown Portland on 3rd ave, it's pretty cool. I'll have to get with you before I go there sometime. I've been to a few okay bars there... like some place by my sisters store called bar 51 or something like that, and there is a bar across the street that was cool. What are the cool bars there? I've been to a few others but I can't remember there names....
e-mail me: alphasmilodon@hotmail.com

prosemont

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Great post guys. Field reports are the best. Thanks for the big effort in posting everything.

Bonhomme

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Finally got around to reading this.

Very interesting to see how you guys work the various scenes. Glad I got around to reading it.

I like the idea of posting more field reports.