Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Is Trump bluffing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xenom0rph

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It hasn’t for two of the last 4 winners. Losing by 3 million votes but winning by EC is minority rule.
But look at the historical trend, 91% of the time the EV aligns with the PV.... More often the US is a majority rule...

Xenom0rph

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The historical trend is divergent. That’s why 2 of the last 4 Presidents have lost the popular vote, most recently by an even larger margin.
Then i hope that the National Popular Vote Interstate Compact never works out....fortunately Nevada's Governor vetoed letting NV join in 2018 because he knew it would be one step closer to the tyranny of 51%.... That's one less state we have to worry about trying to circumvent the EC....

Black Widow Void

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You want minority rule, I get it. You want the few to govern the many. You’re anti-democratic.
It's not about "minority rule" it's about "minority equality."

You're always preaching and crying about oppression and inequality... yet
here you are... advocating oppression and supporting inequality for smaller town minority folks.

Republicans and Trump aren't America’s biggest liability.
Your irony, mentality and hypocrisy (as you've proven above ) are.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Then i hope that the National Popular Vote Interstate Compact never works out....fortunately Nevada's Governor vetoed letting NV join in 2018 because he knew it would be one step closer to the tyranny of 51%.... That's one less state we have to worry about trying to circumvent the EC....
It circumvents the will of the majority.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's not about "minority rule" it's about "minority equality."
Minority “equality” is counter majoritarian. Small states have augmented power and large states are weakened. Wyoming does not have equal economic, cultural, or demographic power as California and has nearly 100 times less people. why should it get equal say?

Xenom0rph

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Minority “equality” is counter majoritarian. Small states have augmented power and large states are weakened. Wyoming does not have equal economic, cultural, or demographic power as California and has nearly 100 times less people. why should it get equal say?
For guy who whines about racism, inequality and oppression, you seem to rejoice in the idea of stripping away the voice of smaller weaker states....is this not hypocrisy? Explain your position.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
For guy who whines about racism, inequality and oppression, you seem to rejoice in the idea of stripping away the voice of smaller weaker states....is this not hypocrisy? Explain your position.
Only simpleton logic would come to that. States shouldn’t vote. One person, one vote.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'll tell ya what, sparky....you get to decide what other ppl do, based on your IQ, ok? So, if you have an IQ below 100, you have to submit to the will of voters with IQs above 100. No? That doesn't seem fair to you? But, you think it's better for stupid voters to determine the fates of smarter voters?
IQ tests would be a direct violation of the 24th amendment.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
States shouldn’t vote. One person, one vote.
Last I checked, it's still one person, one vote. A candidate has to win a bunch of small local elections.

Maybe they should scrap the "winner take all" rule that some states have and give the votes for each district to the candidate who wins. But there's something to be said for retail politics...if you don't visit people in rural districts, you will lose, as we've seen.

One thing I'm sure of: If the shoe were on the other foot, we'd see the sides flip their arguments. Maybe not individually here, but on a large scale. So much of political arguing is about whose side is up or down, not what makes sense.

Rather than scrap the electoral college, I'd like to see us break up the 2-party monopoly that seems to control everything.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You think an IQ test is a tax? You do realize that there have always been people disqualified from voting, on grounds of mental incompetence, sometimes based solely on possession of an immeasurably low IQ, rendering the person incapable of functioning professionally and socially? According to your misinterpretation of "tax," intuitionalized drooling imbeciles, incapable of reading the ballot, or even understanding what a ballot represents, should be able to choose the system of government and laws under which YOU are compelled to live?

Of course, you do. The DemonKKKrap party could NOT elect a dogcatcher without their masses of low IQ incompetent voters.
You are so ignorant of the constitution it’s laughable.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
intuitionalized drooling imbeciles, incapable of reading the ballot, or even understanding what a ballot represents, should be able to choose the system of government and laws under which YOU are compelled to live?
You just described democracy. :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.